Loblaws

Loblaws Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horriblw
GM (Former Employee), YarmouthFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: way to many
you could not pay me enough to go back to that company. The environment is horrid. The only good thing about it is the co-workers you become friends with. Management is a joke
Fun
Customer Service / Supervisor (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: making people smile
Cons: working longer hours than usual
PC Children's Charity Fundraising was always a good time. The costumes and general moral of the staff was always great! The Kids loved the balloons, treats and games. And of course the money that was raised for a great charity.
Good starting place for managerial position.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKFebruary 9, 2015
- working with the product that we receive daily.
- arranging the storage place.
- making sure the product quality is high standard
Managemet
Wireless Sales Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: always hiring for floor staff
Nice workplace always busy and engaged, will never get bored as there is always something to do.
Good management
Work loads
Always something to deal with and chasing for volume
Alright
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Upper management can learn not to breathe down the employees back it would be a better place to work
pretty good work environment, had exrcise bikes and foosball table in the emplooyee room
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), St LaurentJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: getting to eat what was made in the cooking classes was a nice bonus.
Cons: long hours
Tasks included :
-Going to the "atelier" room and making sure everything was set up, clean and proper for the room to be used.
-Meeting with clients and signing contracts in French or English for the child's – more... birthday party.
-Giving out info on cooking classes and birthday parties over the phone and in person to potential clients.
- Answering emails and phone messages
-Hosting birthday parties and cooking classes and or assisting in said jobs.
-the job was meant for two people so it was a big work load.
-cooking classes were fun.

I learned managerial/assistant skills and training staff members – less
Loblaws
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: staff huddles
Cons: not enough hours
This experience at this company was wonderful. This company made you feel like you can achieve a goal with ease. From going from a cashier to a front end supervisor/customer service desk. I never thought – more... that I would excel with just the cashier experience. I enjoyed the interaction with the customers and employees that when I went to work I enjoyed it. It wasn't just another place to go to. If there was more of a full time position I would of loved to stay there! – less
it was challenging
Pallet jack operator (Current Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 8, 2015
very hard job but i managed it well...even though there was hard time communicating with the supervisors after few months i came to understand what is the job like, it was 2 years and half experience.
Easy going with time restraints
Bakery Clerk Part Time (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits even for part time staff
Cons: insonsistant hours
Working in the bakery has its pros and cons. People rely on you to get a certain amount of work done so that there is not a problem later on in the day. I learned how to rely on the work ethic of others – more... but when they failed to have a sufficient amount of work done to be able to get all of the work done to complete all of my duties plus any work left over from others in the same shift.
There is much drama and gossip in the area of the company that I worked. Learning how to keep tensions down and my mouth shut have been a good way to ensure that there aren't any fights infront of customers. Learning how to get along with a variety of personalities have been able to help me satisfy multiple types of customers.
I do appreciate the time I have worked there, the hours can be inconsistent due to the fact that I work part time but it is an overall easy going and safe working environment. – less
Productive food and customer service
Hot Meals Replacement Clerk (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 3, 2015
A typical day would be to ask customers assistance and to cook and package the food to the customers. I would get to work in a with my wonderful co-workers as a team and work responsibly as an individual – more... to serve customers. I've learned to gain confidence within myself and to save up money for future usage and for living expenses and having to have control of my finances. The hardest part of the job is that I can't take anything too personal such as if I'm having a bad day but I have to serve customers or if a customer is disrespecting me but you have to deal with the customers as professional as possible to the best of my abilities. – less
Well organized and manageable schedule to work with as an employee.
Cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: mandatory breaks
Cons: long hours, repetitive motions and tasks
As a cashier at the local grocery store, Zehrs (Loblaws) in my city, Barrie ON. I learned how to use my customer service skills to the best of my abilities by being patient, kind and understanding towards – more... every customer.
The people that managed myself and my co-workers were respectful and helpful in many difficult and frustrating situations including some where I had made a mistake.
My co-workers were helpful, kind and represented the company very well by being knowledgeable and efficient.
The hardest part of my job was standing and doing the exact same motions for hours on end. It was difficult because it was so repetitive and at times very frustrating. I was also difficult because at times my customers were unhappy or angry and I had to manage every issue with a smile and much patience.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to connect with my customers by asking them about their weekend or wishing them a good day. I enjoyed when my customers were respectful and patient with me. – less
Family
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee), Bradford West Gwillimbury, ONDecember 15, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Everyone who works at the Zehrs in Bradford is welcome and treated as family. Time passes by in a blink of an eye during an 8 hour shift because of this. My co-workers and managers became friends and working with them made the day go by faster. I learned how to become a better leader, strengthened my vocabulary, managing my time as efficient and productive inside and outside of the work place.
hmr
HMR/Cashier (Former Employee), 100 McArthur aveDecember 6, 2014
Pros: by out
Cons: non
HMR was a great job.
Management was amazing, got along very well.
Co-workers were amazing as well.
Mos enjoyable part would be meeting different people and then seeing your regulars.
I learned a lot, it actually opened me up to seeing how that kind of stuff was done

The hardest part would have to be getting more hours.
Typical grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee), Montreal,qcDecember 5, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Working as a cashier at lowblaws isn't hard, its a good store and has a good leadership.
Day in the life of Loblaws
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2014
Each day is full of completely different challenges successes and unique scenarios. This is the hardest and best part of the job. Retail offers constant change and fluctuation that must be adapted to or – more... you will be left behind. Building and becomming part of a strong team ultimately decides whethere success and failure is met each day. I feel that my experience in this enviroment has helped my resolve and made me a valuable assest to any team enviroment. – less
no review
any job, with training (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 9, 2014
Cons: the more hours the better, i love to work
arrive early to find out, what were starting and how to do the job, any problems that arose on last shift. I got along with all co-workers, and management. the most enjoyable part of the day, was being with people, and being productive in my job. nothing was hard about any job.
Dispatch Administration (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 4, 2014
Answering phones
Dealing with breakdowns and accidents
Learned a great deal from my co-workers
Job
Clerk (Current Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: disocunt of food and items
Cons: horrible management
worked in every department long hours
I have learned a various amount of skills and knowledge over my four years like
cash
STATS
administration work
Management is strong together
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 14, 2014
Pros: 10% discount card, flexible work schedule
Cons: long hours
Three years of Awsome!!! Met amazing people who are now friends for life.
My Day at Loblaws Pharmacy
Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: no available full-time
Walk in start packing blister packs
Finish packing hand blister packs to pharmacy to sign
Package medications and help any customers
Take prescriptions enter them into mainframe computer acquiring all – more... necessary information to efficiently bill the rx as well as asking all questions related to health in order to watch out for the best interest of the customer.
Fax doctors regarding L.U codes, any drug interactions and repeat medications.
Hand out prescriptions to the customer while greeting them with a smile maintaining quality customer service. – less