Loblaws

Loblaws Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place for first timers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 23, 2015
I love Loblaws and the security as well as the training. The environment is very friendly and welcoming. In a normal day, I would close the store serve foods make salads if need be and serve customers. Loblaws was my first real job and it was a great place to start.
Great place for a first job and great benefits.
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: minimum wadge salary
Working for Loblaws helped me develop my great costumer service skills, team work and work ethic. I really enjoyed being a costumer service rep and ambassador for this company. Although it was occasionally hard to deal with some nasty customers... I have developed great relationships with my regular customers. I have been working for Loblaws for 3 years and as much as I think it is a great place for a first job.. it is time for me to move on to something bigger and better.
positive and fast paced workplace
Grocery Clerk - Nights (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Loblaws was an eventful workplace. Nightshift was interesting because it let you work independently but also as a team. The night starts by spreading boxes of products off of skids brought in by receiving to the appropriate aisle after which each person on the night crew is assigned 2 aisles and stocks the boxes onto the shelf and cleans up the shelf for when the store opens.
Good learning experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 16, 2015
Loblaws was an interesting place to work. I met many great people and learned a lot while working there. I would love to learn and gain new experiences in different departments however that was not something that was allowed. The hardest part of the job was waiting for the next weeks schedule to come out, I always loved to find out when I was working next so I could plan and make time for assignments and family while not working.
Fun work place
cashier (Current Employee), ottawaApril 15, 2015
Cons: not enough hours
i like loblaws i just dont like the management.
they take for ever to process any request you have and due to sonority, upgrades are limited. and i dont feel comfortable going to my manager with problems because of her remarks and comments she may make.
Good working team
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Working at different stores
Great job and no lies.
Security needs to be not so much put in the open. I stuck out like a sore thumb. However they listen to you
Great environment to work in.
Cash Office Supervisor (Current Employee), East endMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: Minimal work hours
While I thoroughly enjoy working at Loblaws, they are just not able to provide the amount of hours I desire.
It has provided a great opportunity for me to demonstrate my previously acquired skills in working with cash.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Baker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: close to subway service
Cons: only a part time position that did not provide enough working hours
I learned valuable customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with a vast array of customers.
fun place to work.
Overnight Stocker/grocery clerk (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough hours
my job is great,my manager is very understanding and quick to help out,my co-workers are great(most of them).We put out alot of stock and the benefits are great but there are not enough hours for the employees.
I would recommend Loblaws to anyone a great company to work for
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Kingston ONMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
It was always busy and always something to do. I managers were always very easy to talk to and very helpful and listened to our ideas and behind us. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping them get what they need. Not everyone likes working in a fast paced job but I did and loved knowing that I made a difference.
The workplace that almost took over my life
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: working night shifts for all the time
This where I learned a lot of my warehousing skills. Had the training and experiences that earned me over 10 years in service. Working with a team in a fast-paced setting. When things get done is always the fun thing for me.
Not the best place to work
bagger (Former Employee), montrealFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: easygoing
Cons: monotonous
Slightly unreasonable managers. Not much interaction with superiors. Very easy job with little to no stress which was not too much of a good thing.
Was okay
Salad bar clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: pay was good
Cons: co-workers
A typical day at lowblaws was to go straight to the salad bar and begin making 40 salads.

I learned responsibility and time management skills as well as how to balance school and work.

My co-workers were alright, no one was very happy, but at the salad bar you'd work alone so there wasn't many people to talk too, management was subpar.
Horriblw
GM (Former Employee), YarmouthFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: way to many
you could not pay me enough to go back to that company. The environment is horrid. The only good thing about it is the co-workers you become friends with. Management is a joke
Fun
Customer Service / Supervisor (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: making people smile
Cons: working longer hours than usual
PC Children's Charity Fundraising was always a good time. The costumes and general moral of the staff was always great! The Kids loved the balloons, treats and games. And of course the money that was raised for a great charity.
Good starting place for managerial position.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Swift Current, SKFebruary 9, 2015
- working with the product that we receive daily.
- arranging the storage place.
- making sure the product quality is high standard
Managemet
Wireless Sales Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: always hiring for floor staff
Nice workplace always busy and engaged, will never get bored as there is always something to do.
Good management
Work loads
Always something to deal with and chasing for volume
Alright
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Upper management can learn not to breathe down the employees back it would be a better place to work
pretty good work environment, had exrcise bikes and foosball table in the emplooyee room
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), St LaurentJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: getting to eat what was made in the cooking classes was a nice bonus.
Cons: long hours
Tasks included :
-Going to the "atelier" room and making sure everything was set up, clean and proper for the room to be used.
-Meeting with clients and signing contracts in French or English for the child's birthday party.
-Giving out info on cooking classes and birthday parties over the phone and in person to potential clients.
- Answering emails and phone messages
-Hosting birthday parties and cooking classes and or assisting in said jobs.
-the job was meant for two people so it was a big work load.
-cooking classes were fun.

I learned managerial/assistant skills and training staff members
Loblaws
Front End Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: staff huddles
Cons: not enough hours
This experience at this company was wonderful. This company made you feel like you can achieve a goal with ease. From going from a cashier to a front end supervisor/customer service desk. I never thought that I would excel with just the cashier experience. I enjoyed the interaction with the customers and employees that when I went to work I enjoyed it. It wasn't just another place to go to. If there was more of a full time position I would of loved to stay there!

1 2 3 4 5