Loblaws

Loblaws Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loblaws
front end cashier (Former Employee), Gloucester, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: weekly income
Cons: Management is terrible
Working at Loblaws you meet all kinds of customers. A lot of rude ones. Management sucks. The staff is usually pretty chill, but definitely not somewhere to work for long if your young.
not a place to work
Café/Bar Tender (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2015
Cons: less hours and less pay
people may say its a great place to start, but wait till union fees and taxes hit you on a minium wage. its like your not even saving money even when you are working part time and get less than 15 hours a week.
productive
manager (Current Employee), gulephJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free cookies
Cons: long hours
good place to work, would recommend it to anyone work 11am-730am wish I could get on days an run a store im well quilted for it
A fun productive place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: 10% discount card after 6 months
This is good for students who are looking for part-time work as they work with your school schedule. People are very friendly and easy to work with.
Enjoyable Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), MarkhamJuly 10, 2015
Pros: paid Breaks
Typical day at work would include cashing out many costumers and providing answers to questions, bagging products and providing price arrangements and price checks
okay place to work
Produce clerk (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 5, 2015
I put my time in.I needed a change of work environment, over the time I put in my needs have changed and the job was okay to the point straightforward.
Co-worker friendly environment that required teamwork and initiative.
NIGHT CLERK (Former Employee), Empress WalkJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Manageable work load
Cons: Shifts were overnight
Co-worker friendly environment that required teamwork and initiative. Hardest part of the job was lifting heavy product off the skids. Most enjoyable part of he job was working with co-workers. Management worked alongside employees and provided a friendly environment.
Good stepping stone
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), North York, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, good managers, flexible schedule
Cons: fluctuating hours, union does nothing for the employees
Loblaws, like most grocery stores, provide a decent part-time working place for people who are either in-between jobs or are still in school.

Shifts are pretty flexible, as long as you give at least a week's notice.
The managers are friendly, and treat you as colleagues, not as someone who's beneath them.

There is a good sense of camaraderie between the part-time workers as well, which is the best part of my experience.
Ok job
Overnight Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Somehow flexible hours
Cons: Low pay, Possible high workload
Okay job. Fast paced and decent hours. The issue is that at night there might be a lack of staff and that leads to higher workloads.
Great environment to work in , staff are fantastic
Grocery clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Overall Loblaws is a wonderful place to work in, the management is very understanding and motivating. The customers that come there are very welcoming and friendly. Hardest part of the job is maintaining the products that people want as sometimes the head office discontinues certain products.
GOOD EXPERIENCE
Gérante par intérim au H.M.R (Former Employee), MONTREALMay 23, 2015
VERY INTERESTING AND LOVED ACQUIRING NEW KNOWLEDGE. GOOD CO-WORKERS THE DIFFERENT EXPERIENCES IN THE TASKS AT HAND WAS WELL THOUGHT OF.
working at loblaws ecperience
Cashire , Customer Service (Current Employee), Humbertown Loblaws TorontoMay 20, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours
i have enjoyed working at Loblaws for the past few years. The customers and staff are great but i am now looking forward to moving on to other things.
Great place to enhance skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntMay 20, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Standing for the entire shift
As a student, Loblaws allowed me to grow and develop the skills necessary to work in any fast-paced, customer service oriented environment.

Working in small teams, I learned key communication skills along with being able to put myself in a leadership role and take charge of situations in order to meet an objective (daily sales/ weekly sales).

As a customer service representative, I learned how important it is to listen to your customers needs and wants and, by working within in my means, be able to provide them the services they required.

Cleaning the department (salad bar/ produce) was gritty, but it was a humbling experience. It was everyone's responsibility and the goal was to clean our work space.
great
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMay 18, 2015
great for a beginner job loved working for loblaws and learned some neat things about working there got to learn basics of customer service and learned organization
Pro activity and fun
Assembler and Forklift Operator. (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 29, 2015
Pros: go free accident for 30 day, freeBBQ
Cons: overtime
Do you know ?The most amazing feeling bout your job or daily activity is when you end up getting the task done at end of the day.
Great coworkers, intimate working space, flexibility.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 26, 2015
Pros: Leniency
Cons: Inconsistency with scheduling
The store location I work at is one of the smallest in Canada, therefore, I work as a deli, seafood and a hot food associate. A typical day begins with taking temperatures of various coolers, fridges and freezers and recording the information in the health and safety/food logs. For the remainder of my shift, I do my very best to assist customers not only in my department, but others around the store as well. I am sometimes asked by my superiors to assist with supervising and managerial tasks such as making/reviewing the schedule, setting break times, ordering supplies and inventory, and occasionally sit in on conference calls. I work with a variety of people who I get along with greatly. I do find that there are more positive aspects of my job than there are negative. I appreciate the coworkers I have. It makes working more enjoyable and fun.
Good place for first timers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 23, 2015
I love Loblaws and the security as well as the training. The environment is very friendly and welcoming. In a normal day, I would close the store serve foods make salads if need be and serve customers. Loblaws was my first real job and it was a great place to start.
Great place for a first job and great benefits.
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: minimum wadge salary
Working for Loblaws helped me develop my great costumer service skills, team work and work ethic. I really enjoyed being a costumer service rep and ambassador for this company. Although it was occasionally hard to deal with some nasty customers... I have developed great relationships with my regular customers. I have been working for Loblaws for 3 years and as much as I think it is a great place for a first job.. it is time for me to move on to something bigger and better.
positive and fast paced workplace
Grocery Clerk - Nights (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Loblaws was an eventful workplace. Nightshift was interesting because it let you work independently but also as a team. The night starts by spreading boxes of products off of skids brought in by receiving to the appropriate aisle after which each person on the night crew is assigned 2 aisles and stocks the boxes onto the shelf and cleans up the shelf for when the store opens.
Good learning experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 16, 2015
Loblaws was an interesting place to work. I met many great people and learned a lot while working there. I would love to learn and gain new experiences in different departments however that was not something that was allowed. The hardest part of the job was waiting for the next weeks schedule to come out, I always loved to find out when I was working next so I could plan and make time for assignments and family while not working.

1 2 3 4 5