Loblaws

Loblaws Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Family
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee), Bradford West Gwillimbury, ONDecember 15, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Everyone who works at the Zehrs in Bradford is welcome and treated as family. Time passes by in a blink of an eye during an 8 hour shift because of this. My co-workers and managers became friends and working with them made the day go by faster. I learned how to become a better leader, strengthened my vocabulary, managing my time as efficient and productive – more... inside and outside of the work place. – less
hmr
HMR/Cashier (Former Employee), 100 McArthur aveDecember 6, 2014
Pros: by out
Cons: non
HMR was a great job.
Management was amazing, got along very well.
Co-workers were amazing as well.
Mos enjoyable part would be meeting different people and then seeing your regulars.
I learned a lot, it actually opened me up to seeing how that kind of stuff was done

The hardest part would have to be getting more hours.
Typical grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee), Montreal,qcDecember 5, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Working as a cashier at lowblaws isn't hard, its a good store and has a good leadership.
Day in the life of Loblaws
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 25, 2014
Each day is full of completely different challenges successes and unique scenarios. This is the hardest and best part of the job. Retail offers constant change and fluctuation that must be adapted to or you will be left behind. Building and becomming part of a strong team ultimately decides whethere success and failure is met each day. I feel that my – more... experience in this enviroment has helped my resolve and made me a valuable assest to any team enviroment. – less
no review
any job, with training (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 9, 2014
Cons: the more hours the better, i love to work
arrive early to find out, what were starting and how to do the job, any problems that arose on last shift. I got along with all co-workers, and management. the most enjoyable part of the day, was being with people, and being productive in my job. nothing was hard about any job.
Dispatch Administration (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 4, 2014
Answering phones
Dealing with breakdowns and accidents
Learned a great deal from my co-workers
Job
Clerk (Current Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: disocunt of food and items
Cons: horrible management
worked in every department long hours
I have learned a various amount of skills and knowledge over my four years like
cash
STATS
administration work
Management is strong together
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 14, 2014
Pros: 10% discount card, flexible work schedule
Cons: long hours
Three years of Awsome!!! Met amazing people who are now friends for life.
My Day at Loblaws Pharmacy
Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: no available full-time
Walk in start packing blister packs
Finish packing hand blister packs to pharmacy to sign
Package medications and help any customers
Take prescriptions enter them into mainframe computer acquiring all necessary information to efficiently bill the rx as well as asking all questions related to health in order to watch out for the best interest of the – more... customer.
Fax doctors regarding L.U codes, any drug interactions and repeat medications.
Hand out prescriptions to the customer while greeting them with a smile maintaining quality customer service. – less
Fun being a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2014
Pros: cashier
Cons: less hours
typical day at work is me entering put in my pass code doing my job and leaving.

I learned different codes how to override and food i never heard of.

management was OK.

Hardest part of the job was there was no help.

most enjoyable part of the job was working as a cashier n swiping each idem It reminded me of when i was young playing store and wanted – more... to be the cashier person. – less
Maple leaf Gerden Loblaws
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto OntSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, abusive treatment from managers, paying union dues when not in the union, paying for insurance that you can't use
My morning starts at 5am each day, in the events to reach work by 630am. I set up the cafe from brewing coffee to setting up treats for the busy day ahead. Typical day at work involves serving costumers coffee, bagels and other item in order for their day to start. Not only are we serving them coffee but a smile to keep them going through out the day.

I – more... have learned a great deal of experience at loblaws. When i started working there I had no idea what I was doing and today I have the knowledge to run the department when the manger is not around. I have learned how to place order such as supplies, pastries and coffees. I have the ability to do inventory for the department. But most importantly I have learn to have great deal about customer service.

The most enjoyable part is working with my co workers. Different races and ages make the environment more fun and welcoming to everyone. – less
HARD WORK BUT THE RESULTS WERE JUST LIKE WINNING A HOCKEY GAME
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: seeing the end result
Cons: non
ALWAYS LISTENED TO FELLOW WORKERS AND UPPER MANAGEMENT AS THAT WAS ANOTHER WAY OF BECOMING MORE SKILLED AT THE JOB AT HAND...PREFFERED NIGHT SHIFT AS THAT WAS THE BEST WAY TO SEE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT AFTER A NIGHT OF WORK.
Fun place to work
Availability Specialist Inventory Control (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 24, 2014
Great place to work with many helpful employees.
I started as pt cashier and grow into Inventory specialist. Many opportunities for advancement.
Excellent workplace
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: only part time hours
Great atmosphere, lots to do, and professional management.
A social energetic teamwork oriented environment which constantly requires multitasking
Customer Service (Current Employee), HumbertownAugust 18, 2014
A good company that respects their employees however doesn't pertain to my advancement goals.
Good place to work and grow.
Community Placement - Outdoor Assistant (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: philosophy tends to change with management changes.
The staff was encouraging and good to work with. I learned how to work in a team environment and work with all sorts of different people. It was interesting and I really enjoyed it. Management was good to work with and shared their views on the work environment and provided helpful suggestions.
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Learned how to serve customers
Friendly co-workers
Not enough hours
Good management
Great place to work with lots of oppertuinties
Cao/PI (Former Employee), Moose Jaw, SKJune 11, 2014
Pros: always doing stuff for the staff and raising money for the pccc- president choice childrens charity
Cons: long hours
I learned a lot working for this company, they are very flexible and will work with you no matter the case. The managers are very nice tell you when you are not doing so good and will prise you when you are doing well. I would work for this company again hands down. Great place. As in any place there are a lot of people walking around doing their jobs – more... but if you have a question they will take the time and help you if they can giving you some tricks of the trade to get your job done fast and right. The hardest part of my job was saying good bye – less
Hour Cuts
Art Circuit Tour Guide Volunteer (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 21, 2014
Good to work at Loblaws if you only need a two day a week job otherwise the hours are usually taken away. Not recommended for a 20 hour per week job.
There is know job security even with a union
Front End Service Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2014
the union does not protect us after taking union dues
i lost my job