Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,011 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
My team members were fun to work with, we look forward every day to go to work. The environment was great and the managers were always their for both internal and external customers. I would recommend National Housing Trust to anyone in Jamaica who wants to work in an environment that makes you happy to work in.
Benefits
Cons
I dont know of any at this moment
Only Good For Students
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKJune 29, 2016
My workplace was terrible. I wonder how bad it would be to work there if it wasn't unionized.

Office staff was not easy to deal with.

A very demanding workplace. They expected you to work part time but do the work of a full time employee.

I am kind of embarrassed to say that I worked there.
Pros
good for students
Cons
poor pay, low hours, job not secure
its a productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 10, 2015
Working at Loblaws for the past 7 years as made me learn a lot of things in my life for example: While speaking with my customers I managed to perfect my spoken English, how to deal with customers properly, how to help my teammates in need, how to multi-task, how to respect the environment at work and through the years I have developed a lot of respect to my co-workers and my managers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers because you never know what type of day that they've had so they could be really happy or really mad so that is why you try to keep a really big smile and make sure that at the end of the order you served the customer properly so that they can leave happy. My teammates, since I've been there are really nice and that is why to me respect is key at work plus the management is pretty good because they treat there employees with good manners and they realize the mistakes they do which happens once in awhile, all you have to do as an employee is go talk to her/him to fix the problem as fast as possible.
Great place
Grocery crew member (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCMarch 17, 2016
Nice co workers. Worked part time. worked an over night shift so it was pretty stressful considering.
got familiar with how stores are been run in canada.
the management was supportive of employees decisions to make the working environment a better place
Great company to work with.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 8, 2016
Great work life balance. Great co-workers. Constantly learning new technologies. Hardest part of the job is leaving when so engaged.
nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2016
It was the first company that I experienced working at it after immigrating to Canada , so it demonstrates this company's hospitality and diversity in terms of getting newcomers their first job opportunities in this country.Although , I found it some managing weak points at this company.
Pros
on time payment
Cons
repetitive tedious job
3 hours of fun
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 8, 2016
I've worked at Loblaw's for pharmacy co-op. Sort medication, stocked medication and counted medication. This what I did for the majority of the days . I learned to be precise and fast, and to keep the costumers happy. The hardest part of the job was finding where to stock the medications
Pros
Passed the class
Cons
repetitive
Great place for a first job and great benefits.
Cashier/Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 17, 2015
Working for Loblaws helped me develop my great costumer service skills, team work and work ethic. I really enjoyed being a costumer service rep and ambassador for this company. Although it was occasionally hard to deal with some nasty customers... I have developed great relationships with my regular customers. I have been working for Loblaws for 3 years and as much as I think it is a great place for a first job.. it is time for me to move on to something bigger and better.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
minimum wadge salary
Overall OK Work Experience
HMR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONJuly 8, 2016
Since I am currently a student, working at Loblaws has been a great first job! Though there have been some issues with scheduling due to lack of staff, my manager has been able to accommodate to my constantly busy schedule! Though lots of heavy lifting and standing, one gets used to it after some time.
Provides a very good working culture and lots of opportumities to grow
SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Loblaws is a very good company to work with. Not only this company provided me an opportunity to learn and perform but I was appreciated for out of box thinking.
Pros
Work life balance
Challenging
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Challenging environment but rewarding
Architecture team is great
Great Senior Management Team
Opportunity for advancement
Fast Paced environment
Easy work but not a fun work atmosphere to work in
Preventive Maintenance / Windows 7 Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
In general the unseen areas where the customers don't see are very dirty and dusty .. Normally the managers of the stores don't really care about staff or the IT equipment which is the brains of the stores especially the server room
Lack of communication between the head office and stores
work really really hard
IT Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
company is constantly changing and requires a lot of hours and understanding family

People culture is respect,

Respectable benefits, and a good share buying plan

Keeping up with day to day demands requires constant reviewing of priorities, and those can change within hours
Pros
In-house training
Cons
Loblaws is a bad company (cant use "bad language here)
Store Development Refurbishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 21, 2016
They have no room for advancement unless you are a white male and they pay you really bad (cant use a bad word)for what you have to do. In order to get any sort of a break, you have to brown nose.
Pros
Cons
You are better off selling your soul
Refurb clerk
Refurb Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
I'm not the fastest to warm up to new coworkers, so getting to fit in with the senior staff was a little bit difficult at first, after a while it just became easier to hang out with everyone. It was nice to have the free time after work for whatever you wanted but sometimes it can be a bit lonely if you're not used to being alone all the time.
It is a good experience and good exposure to work with a Loblaw . I found very nice and healthy and comfortable environment with Loblaw company
Pharmacy student (Pharmacy Technician) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 14, 2016
Pros
Good exposure and nice management
Cons
Not any
Managed all fay to day tarnsactions
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 8, 2016
Store Manager Daily Tasks are the following but not limited to:

400 plus unionized employees.
15 Salaried Managers
Shrink Control
Inventory Management.
Product Recalls
Manager Reviews
Staff Engagement Score
Okay job, good for entry level student work
Dairy/ Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 26, 2015
This job was pretty good, I worked there for 6 months and was treated relatively well by management. the pay was minimum wage, as expected from a grocery store. my co-workers were the biggest thing I disliked about this job. for some people they would be fine, but I just did not like them personally and I felt they treated the customers and other coworkers badly. eventually that was the main reason I quit.
Work, life balance not entirely great
Merchant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 23, 2016
Very "old boys club" regarding management

Co worker counterparts great to work with.

Family/ work balance is not great. Expected to work above your level with little recognition.
Love the company, I was just in the wrong department
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
- a typical day at work had a variety of tasks to do and days went by quickly, it was nice working with customers
- I learned valuable customer service skills and retail experience
- my co-workers were great, no complaints
- the hardest part of my job was maintaining my speed, which I wasn't able to do
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
dealing with customers