Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

fun and lively work environment
Deli department (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 27, 2016
always great to walk into work and see people smiling back at you or asking you how your day is going.
It's a fun and inspiring place to work where all staff is approachable and management are friendly and knowledgeable if you ever have any questions you may have.
Pros
store staff incentives- lunches, free skating, bowling ect
Cons
sometimes its chilly in the store
Enjoyable work environment
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Its a great first job for someone looking for work experience, its a friendly environment and work is constant but easily completed.
Pros
job experience
Cons
No store discounts for employees
Fun Place to Work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Good place to work, good working culture, lots of benefits and great people. Work life balance can be difficult depending on volume of work In addition, company should invest in more corporate training.
Pros
Subsidized lunches
Cons
departments operating in silos
Very flexible hours, Mostly good managers
Grocery replenishment (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Solid experience, good company, pretty good job overall. essentially just making displays, customer service, rearranging skids in the back room and other simple tasks.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discount, flexible hours
Cons
Heavily seniority based, Hard to gain hours
Long time employed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Kelowna, BCFebruary 22, 2016
I am a long time employee with this company.
I work four days per week and get a good hourly wage.
There is usually free food in the lunch room.
Pros
free lunches
Productive /hard labour
Picking/Skid Builder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Good company to work for if your willing to be full time and for money you can work long hours and not notice the weeks going by you get trained with machinery and lifting a lot of boxes for this company but overall good place to work for full time people willing to working in storage company
Pros
GOOD MONEY
Cons
LONG HOURS
Great place to work while going to school.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Very flexible and accommodating scheduling. Always a fun and pleasurable environment. Good, friendly relationships with managers easily established.
Pros
Easy scheduling
Cons
Not very stimulating tasks.
Awful management
Hot Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Management was sub par. Meaning that they didn't properly know how to communicate with the union. Workers who were lazy/rude/demeaning never got fired, because they could complain to the union that they were being unfairly penalized, and then management would back off.

Although they attempted to bring an upbeat work culture into the workplace, both store managers that I worked under failed to consistently encourage the managers under them, as well as the common clerks in the store.

As is typical of retail work, the hours are long and inconsistent. The only time periods that I had hours that weren't like this were when I served as a Assistant Department Manager for a total period of a month.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Long hours, inconsistent schedules, poor management (especially in regards to the union)
Relaxed place to work to
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey GuildfordFebruary 15, 2016
Loblaw's is a good experience but i did not find the location very interesting. Less supervision. Kioks should be on the front not in the hidden on a corner.
Pros
No Food incentive or additional incentive
Cons
Slow work Place
Decent place to work and gain a knowledge and understanding of the retail environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2016
It was always a good day working at Loblaws. We as a department would always work as a team and get the job done with excellence.
Pros
Free 15 minute break
Productive, and helpful staff
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
very hard and cold work environment but excellent at gaining muscles and also good exercise. the electric pallet jack was very enjoyable to drive around the warehouse. The management were very respectful and helpful all around. The hardest part about the job was being able to lift boxes inside the freezer only because it was very cold temperature. My co-workers i got along with good. The most enjoyable part of working there was mostly driving the electric pallet jack.
Pros
Pros: driving electric pallet jack, free fruits at lunch break.
Cons
10 hour shift, working inside the freezer.
It's a good place to gain experience.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
This place is a good starting job for students or anyone who needs a job. The workplace environment can be fun, but depending on the manager in charge it can be stressful and dissatisfying. I have learned some skills, such as, communication skills, customer relations, inventory control, purchasing and money management.
Pros
Good start up job.
Cons
Can be stressful, and wage progression is almost none.
good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 10, 2016
good place to work and lots of great people working there. Work life balance is not great and they will constantly push you for more.
Basic Job
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Typical day can range from nothing to do, to the printer malfunctioning, me and my coworker (with 3 extra years experience than me) work on fixing them commercial photo printer.

Good job for school, not good living wise, not enough coworker involvement in terms of advancing the departement in a fashion that would best suit the customers.

Ex. it took 1 1/2 years for a photo studio to start selling frames and only were given about 40-50 frames because it was a seasonal item.
(we had to bulk order and stash them so we could sell them throughout the year even though they are supposed to be seasonal)
Worst place ever
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Piece of poo job, my supervisor treated me like dirt on the road, and all the managers were fake as ever there, so glad I'm out of there and working somewhere where people actually have some respect for each other.
Pros
Cons
everything
Work was difficult but I learned packing
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 8, 2016
The work at Loblaws was physical but i learned how to properly pack skids and wrap them so there were no accidents in the work place.
Not a great place
Transportation Planner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Poor management, no benefits (contracted through protemps) with no moving up or being hired on in the near future after 2 years of being here.
Cons
Your days could be between 4 hours and 12 - theres no way to tell
i have enjoyed working for loblaws superstore. have been there for 5 and half years
grocery clerk (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 5, 2016
help customers locate the item they are looking for. fill shelves with stock. check for out dated stock. reduce close to expired items
Cashier at loblaws
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
I worked at Loblaw's many years ago. I loved working there it was one of my favorite jobs I ever had. I got to talk to people everyday. Also had great co-workers and my manager was very great.
Pros
CO-WORKERS
Cons
the pay was bad.
Fun and engaging
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 30, 2016
It was a co-op program for a year in the IT department. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help. The owner of the internship program encourages all interns to pursue interests that is related to IT and he offers to help direct to the right people if need be. Overall, there are a lot of areas to explore and I would do it again.
Pros
huge company, lots of things to learn
Cons
IT department is very fast paced