Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working with my co-workers at night.
Night Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch and markdowns
Cons: working at night
Working with my fellow co-workers is always fun. Every night there is always something to laugh about. We always Motivate and help each other with our task.
Workplace
Beauty/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 30, 2015
Very supportive management & friendly environment. A place where you can start growing your own self in finding what you really need in life.
Loblaws
front end cashier (Former Employee), Gloucester, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: weekly income
Cons: Management is terrible
Working at Loblaws you meet all kinds of customers. A lot of rude ones. Management sucks. The staff is usually pretty chill, but definitely not somewhere to work for long if your young.
not a place to work
Café/Bar Tender (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2015
Cons: less hours and less pay
people may say its a great place to start, but wait till union fees and taxes hit you on a minium wage. its like your not even saving money even when you are working part time and get less than 15 hours a week.
Great Company to work for
Sr. Manager IT Audit (Current Employee), Ontario CanadaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great work life balance
Cons: Do not pay very well
Loblaw is one of the best company's to work for. They have a great work environment and a superb work life balance. Compensation wise Loblaw maybe a bit behind but they truly make up for it with the great culture.
Managment and co-workers were the best people.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: The hours I was given to work each day
Cons: Falling a little short on our goal in the Pharmacy
A Typical day at work would be arriving at 11 am processing over 70 + prescription without any complication and leaving work at 7:30pm stress free.

What I had learned over the past 7 years working at Loblaw pharmacy was that I got the experience how a pharmacy healthcare/business industries was built from ground up. Learning everything from bookkeeping, processing invoices, inventory management right through provided extensive healthcare to patient and understanding each patient on a personally connection.

The management at Loblaw is fantastic. I bonded with my employer on a personally level and we still remain good friend.

My Pharmacist is an amazing person she never once gave up on me and always pushes me to be better. Great support from my Pharmacist.

The hardest part of the job was trying to make the pharmacy surpass our goal from previous year. Customer based was very limited but we all worked as a team to strive for greatness.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my management and Pharmacist because the 3 of us built the pharmacy reputation and getting up each morning to go to work was super easy.

I would like to say "Thank you" to my Manager and Pharmacist for everything you have done and taught me throughout the years of hardship. I greatly appreciated all the effort and time that you both had put in supporting and encouraging me to be a better person.

I will treasured all the long hours that you both put into training me.

#NofrillPharmacy
what time?
A train class 1 driver (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 21, 2015
Pros: discount at canadian super store
Cons: long hours, random dispatch times.
Guaranteed word everyday with a great pay structure and a workshop on hand 24hrs if needed. equipment was new and allocated to each driver. Dispatch times were very random which they may have rectified. No pressure in this job as the management made it clear to stop, rest if and when needed to putting safety of the driver first.
productive
manager (Current Employee), gulephJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free cookies
Cons: long hours
good place to work, would recommend it to anyone work 11am-730am wish I could get on days an run a store im well quilted for it
A fun productive place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: 10% discount card after 6 months
This is good for students who are looking for part-time work as they work with your school schedule. People are very friendly and easy to work with.
Enjoyable Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), MarkhamJuly 10, 2015
Pros: paid Breaks
Typical day at work would include cashing out many costumers and providing answers to questions, bagging products and providing price arrangements and price checks
Positive Energy
Master Data Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 7, 2015
Staff and colleagues are great,
great environment, employees are given space to work, managed well with amazing support
Great Crew, Unorganized management
Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 6, 2015
The crew were a great team of experienced individuals. Different styles of management from all the managers coupled with an evident lack in communication led to a clash in how things were done, impairing the ability to do the job effectively. Simply put, different managers wanted it done different ways constantly contradicting one another.
okay place to work
Produce clerk (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 5, 2015
I put my time in.I needed a change of work environment, over the time I put in my needs have changed and the job was okay to the point straightforward.
worst place ever
HMR clerk (Former Employee), Real Canadain Superstore Georgetown ontairoJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free cake once in awhile
Cons: union dues, poor management
good workers get worked to hard, but always find themselves in trouble.
lazy workers are treated like gods
dare to make a change in the company, i.e like fixing a long over due safety problem. you find yourself quickly on a managers hitlist, with suspensions then finally being told quit or be fired.
and the union is a joke, you pay them a good chunk of your cheque and get kicked in the butt.

and yep i worked there for years ..
Co-worker friendly environment that required teamwork and initiative.
NIGHT CLERK (Former Employee), Empress WalkJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Manageable work load
Cons: Shifts were overnight
Co-worker friendly environment that required teamwork and initiative. Hardest part of the job was lifting heavy product off the skids. Most enjoyable part of he job was working with co-workers. Management worked alongside employees and provided a friendly environment.
Good stepping stone
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), North York, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, good managers, flexible schedule
Cons: fluctuating hours, union does nothing for the employees
Loblaws, like most grocery stores, provide a decent part-time working place for people who are either in-between jobs or are still in school.

Shifts are pretty flexible, as long as you give at least a week's notice.
The managers are friendly, and treat you as colleagues, not as someone who's beneath them.

There is a good sense of camaraderie between the part-time workers as well, which is the best part of my experience.
Ok job
Overnight Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Somehow flexible hours
Cons: Low pay, Possible high workload
Okay job. Fast paced and decent hours. The issue is that at night there might be a lack of staff and that leads to higher workloads.
Great environment with amazing co-workers
Perpetual Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 27, 2015
A typical day at Loblaw was to stock the shelves with items missing or running low, makes sure the shelves are tidy and to help customers with any questions they had. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently while tending to the needs of customers. The management there was great and very understanding. The co-workers were great inviting people who made you feel welcome.
There was nothing too hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you weren't always working in one area you got to be in different departments
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/floater (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 23, 2015
Loblaw is a nice company to work with and gives you the opportunity to make new contacts along with gaining some amazing experience
Horrible wouldnt recommend it to anyone
night crew grocery (Former Employee), london ontJune 22, 2015
Pros: the part time co workers are nice
Cons: no training nand no respect or safety shown from full time people or bosses
I worked there for about a month and a half on nights as a grocery clerk. No training even the interview was a joke. So without training or showing you how they do anything they expect you to do as much as full time guys within a short amount of time. All they say to you is get faster without actually showing you how.

Sometimes the asst manager will tell you to run with the pump truck and when youre not in for a shift will go to the boss and tell him fake numbers youre doing.

Avoid this job at all costs they bosses are a joke the way they train people is a joke. And if you do get the job be ready for them to fire you when youre not putting up numbers or running with the pump truck.

If they expect people to work harder maybe pay better than min wage while the people who are getting 20 an hour sit around and do nothing but tell you to get faster.

Dead end job I would rather go back to walmart ;)
Headquarters