Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,164 reviews matching the search
Terrible place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2016
I only stayed 1 week at this job as it was not what I expected. Even the most simple tasks are made difficult because the freezer where you get your products out of is usually filled with baking racks that are in your way. Also I was told to just climb on top of boxes of food to get to the boxes in the back.
Hygiene takes a back seat as well. I am surprised people are not getting sick.
Pros
Cons
minimum wage
fast paced competitive environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
worked as a cashier as well at the hot foods to go section, taking payments from customers, clean up workplace, put away inventory, closed the section after hours
good good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2016
great .. if I got another part time job elsewhere I would still work weekends there to get benefits. good good good good. how much more can I say. we are jolly and multicultural.
benefits
Cons
disgruntled customers
Productive workplace
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 December 2016
Inventory control
Quality control
Ordering product
Schedualing employees
Safety standards
Customer service
Entering and receiving computer information
Good working experience
Salad Bar (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB29 September 2016
Co-workers were friendly, early shifts. Work days went by fast. Lots of tasks to stay occupied during shifts. Rarely got to work with others. Lots of running around.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
No raises, didn't get to work with people
great place to work
Logistics Reporting Specialist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2016
Managers and co-workers have worked to produce high levels of accuracy and work productivity. The team took pride in work and strived to improve work performance. All memos, reports, forms and correspondence are completed on time with no errors.
Excellent benefits and compensation
Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2016
Loblaws is a company that works on developing a friendly environment for all employees. They are innovationists with new products and community care.
Pros
Benefits/stock options/culture
Cons
Large company
garden center is a fun place to work
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 June 2016
A typical day at work would be asking management what task to start off with and continues do to each task after each one is done.

What I learned is patience with customers in upsetting situations and how to deal with the matter.

Management works with me most of the time to help me focus on what needs to be done and how it will be done.

Co-workers are friendly and always helpful.

Hardest part of the job is managing an irate customer who argues your aid on the problem your dealing with.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with a pleased customer who trusts your aid.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
slow salary raises
fun workplace and great coworkers
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2016
This job helped me better my skills in customer service and team-work. During holiday times, the workplace was stressful, but we all collaborated as a team and worked together throughout.
Tough Job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 July 2016
This corporations philosophy is absolutely disgusting. The only thing they judge you off is performance, and if that isn't up to par meaning 90% and as FAST and exhausting as you can get they will let you go. Supervisors favour other employees over others. Also, If you just started here, make sure you don't get injured. When I hurt my arm they put me in the freezer for 5 consecutive days and I had no say. They give you freezer gear but let me tell you when your just sweeping an ice cold floor, your cold. Then my arm felt better and I got off lighter duties.. However I felt like the job wasn't for me.. Was told firmly I could work two weeks before quitting and my first official day back they terminated me. Now they got no claim to worry about. Great job loblaw! Do not work here if you want to get treated like a number instead of a person.
Pros
Good Pay, Unionized, Very nice fellow colleagues
Cons
Long hours, managers are shady, unsanitary conditions
3 hours of fun
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 July 2016
I've worked at Loblaw's for pharmacy co-op. Sort medication, stocked medication and counted medication. This what I did for the majority of the days . I learned to be precise and fast, and to keep the costumers happy. The hardest part of the job was finding where to stock the medications
Pros
Passed the class
Cons
repetitive
Good place to learn on lots of aspect learn on different nationality and religion
Technicienne en administration (Current Employee) –  Office8 August 2016
Work with more than 60 employees and more a day on payroll human resources csst emails and hiring do schedule and help the management staff
Fun to help and doing multiple tasks
Only Good For Students
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK29 June 2016
My workplace was terrible. I wonder how bad it would be to work there if it wasn't unionized.

Office staff was not easy to deal with.

A very demanding workplace. They expected you to work part time but do the work of a full time employee.

I am kind of embarrassed to say that I worked there.
Pros
good for students
Cons
poor pay, low hours, job not secure
Overall its a good learning of customer service experience
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  3633 Westwind DR NE Calgary17 August 2016
Working with Loblaw is always a good experience with such a co-opartive staff and colleagues. Never feel tired being at work rather enjoy everytime because you interact with new people on daily basis.
Horrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2017
The management was the worst I'd ever seen, being extremely unprofessional and childish. A good high school job, but not fit for anyone older.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Horrible management
Great for Students
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 November 2016
Flexible Hours, minimum wage, union, offer benefits to part-time, hard to move up in the company unless management likes you even if you're qualified.
Pros
union
Cons
no room for growth
Co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2016
The work environment in the front end is very fun and welcoming because of the other cashiers. Most of us have a lot in common so there's always something to talk about which makes working there a lot better.
Its Okay
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 May 2016
Everyday varies as it mostly depends on the amount of costumers. Busy days I deal with stressful time, however, I manage it simply and improve my fast working skills. I enjoy talking to costumers, and now get to know the common customers. On less busy days, I tend to volunteer to work at other departments as they always have things to do and I rather do work. I got experience in many other departments. However, the store doesn't have any benefits offered, not even discounts on anything, sometimes free food. The management is also not great and sometimes appears to be less educated.
Overall OK Work Experience
HMR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ON8 July 2016
Since I am currently a student, working at Loblaws has been a great first job! Though there have been some issues with scheduling due to lack of staff, my manager has been able to accommodate to my constantly busy schedule! Though lots of heavy lifting and standing, one gets used to it after some time.
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 November 2016
the co-workers and managers are friendly, and stuff are helping each to solve problems. Sometimes, the bakery department will bring the bread they made and share with stuffs in the stuff room.