Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,204 reviews matching the search
nice place
account payable (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2016
This was a nice place to work but it was ongoing contract position so had to leave. Nice managers and co-workers. Professional work environment.
Loblaws review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON22 November 2016
This was my First job and it was quite an experience. It opened my eyes to jobs and i find it gave me great customer service skills being a cashier and all around communication skills working with people all day.
Pros
Great job for young students
Cons
pay rate
Great Team
Home Meal Replacement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
Great team to work with. It is fun and enjoyable. Flexible hours. You get to learn a lot about food. The payment it ain't that bad.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Many breaks
SAP Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2016
Success is based on managing the relationship with colleagues. It is a fast paced environment and need to demonstrate strong conflict resolution skills. A good place to work for someone that enjoys being challenged!
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Work/life balance
Bad
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS20 November 2016
Great place to work but it's the management that makes it a terrible place to work. If you like puppet work, this is the job for you.
I'd only recommend working here for students
Productive and good management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 November 2016
lifting goods and organizing good and operates forklift and other machines is a typical day at work, lifting heavy goods is quiet tiring but time passes so quickly that you couldn't notice that the working hours was ended because of good relationship with co-worker and because of teamwork that makes the job enjoyable. The benefits is good and the management has considerations.
Pros
free snacks if zero accident in a month
Great for Students
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 November 2016
Flexible Hours, minimum wage, union, offer benefits to part-time, hard to move up in the company unless management likes you even if you're qualified.
Pros
union
Cons
no room for growth
Bad place to work
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB17 November 2016
High turn over of staff. They fire long term staff to keep salary down. They'll use whatever means to get reed of staff. If that means making false police reports. My case got thrown out of court because of no evidence.
A typical shift at Loblaws
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
Work at the checkout, serve customers as they come through with their groceries. Work with the Point of Sale system and further address customer service responsibilities like customer complaints, managing cash drawer and doing return of grocery items
Pros
colleague discounts
Cons
long hours of work, not enough hourly pay
Merchant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 November 2016
Overall the Loblaw's office is great place to work. They treat their employees well and offer advancement opportunities. Benefits are great which include 100% coverage on medication at Loblaw pharmacies. 50% off glasses on top of what is provided on benefits.
Culture at the top is still an "old boys club' mentality.
Pros
benefits, stock options
Cons
long hours expected, still an old boys club at the top
was an enjoyable time in my life
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BC15 November 2016
as a new girl a with a shy disposition i found the friendly staff at loblaw a joy to work with and it made my transition much easier
A great place to work
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 November 2016
Very proactive company that has dealt with issues head on and invested in the future.
A great place to work that promotes individual growth and supports employees of all ages.
The hardest and most enjoyable part of retail is the customers.
The most rewarding part of the job is watching employees develop and prosper.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Working Stats
Lots of good memories about this job.
Assistant Grocery Department Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB13 November 2016
The work was much more physically strenuous than my current job, but by the same token duties were much clearer and, indeed, the accomplishment of duties was also much more clearly appreciated. Advancement was never guaranteed, but chances were that you would only lose your job if you were doing an explicitly poor job with relation to expectations. Expectations were different depending on the age and health of specific staffers as far as job security goes, but not very different when it came to the consideration of advancement. Those who did the most and understood the most were the ones who were promoted.

Wages went up at set intervals as part of the union structure, but separate from that wages also went up with respect to promotions. Good work could equate to a sooner raise in a very literal sense, granting some limitations unfortunately in place due to union negotiations. Benefits included health coverage as well as a 10% employee discount after six months on the job.
Pros
Excellent management, clear sense of expectations and purpose.
Not organized
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2016
Often under staffed and felt bad for my Supervisor. He was expected to have things done without the personnel hours to accomplish the goal.
Pros
Hour flex
Cons
Not organized
Awful
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 November 2016
Once in management your salary is not increased for at least one year with no benefits. So I was making slightly more than a cashier but managing a department with increased workload and responsibility. Made to feel unappreciated as I was told I could be replaced at any time and I should appreciate the opportunity afforded me .Management is unapproachable and distant with no negotiations. Expected to work extra hours with no extra pay.
Pros
Likable coworkers
Cons
Long hours for little pay
loblaws
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2016
Did good job. But i did seafood and try my best to look good.
It is difficult for me and also tried hard to make it work.
But wanted to learn it for my best.
fun workplace
Deli clerk, Superstore (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
nice people working with
good benefits
very trustworthy people
a lot of activities like free pizza, birthdays celebrations, christmas party, promotions, etc.
Pros
nice people
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 November 2016
the co-workers and managers are friendly, and stuff are helping each to solve problems. Sometimes, the bakery department will bring the bread they made and share with stuffs in the stuff room.
Busy Bees sweet taste buds
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 November 2016
Early morning riser.
Prep all variety of breads buns pies all the goodies.
Place in warmers to raise the doe and pop in the ovens for the sweet smell of various berries that are AHH so good.
Cleanliness is top priority when dealing with food. Personal
Not being able to taste some of the completed pastries is really hard to resist.
Pros
Dealing with customers
Cons
No tasting
Decent place to pay *some of the bills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 November 2016
The management was bit strict on availability or else you would be laid off. I did not have any engagement with my coworkers due to individual cashier workflow. Overall, I had great empathetic supervisors and front managers, who helped me whenever conflict arises.