Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,043 reviews matching the search
HMR Clerk
HMR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 6, 2016
Busy, fast paced. Served customers, prepared orders operated cash register. Did dishes, operated fryer. Followed cleaning procedures, kept areas clean at all times
Fun workplace with energetic co-workers
FRONT END CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Don Mills, ONMay 5, 2016
learned alot, how to have patience with customers, and different codes needed to cash their purchases. The management is very organized here. The most enjoyable part of thejob is working with my co-workers and dealing with such amazing customers
Fast pasted
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 4, 2016
- Learning how to master food codes for the different products they have in store.

- meeting and greeting customers

- Working well with my co-workers and managers.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new customers.
Pros
Colleague discounts
Cons
standing for long hours
Politics and Games
Baker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 3, 2016
Stay far away from this company. You will not be happy here. If you are part time your hours will get cut, if you are the lowest employee you will get blamed at all the time for someone else's mistake. Managers and supervisors are useless and don't care about you at all. You will have to get in their game to be favoured. Lots of losers, cowards and lazy slackers work here especially at the bakery department. I would stay away from that department it is very abusive and defamatory place to work at and it is not for every one.
Pros
None what's so ever
Cons
Very abusive and defamatory place to work at
Productive and fun.
Collector (Former Employee) –  11 RedwayMay 3, 2016
Typical day at work would consist of collecting groceries for people and checking off whether we were able to collect all of them or not.

Learned a lot about the differences in brands and how to know which items to correctly pick out by analyzing expiry dates etc.

Co-workers were fantastic, extremely well-mannered and very friendly.

Hardest part if the job was the shortage of staff that resulted in people having to stay for extended shifts and no breaks were utilized (including paid breaks) sometimes due to how busy it was.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with the other divisions with the Loblaw store since we would have to go to each individual sector to get the required groceries.
Pros
Clean store, paid breaks and also the enviornment
Cons
Extended shifts and poor shift management.
Bad work enviroment
Baker (Former Employee) –  kingsMay 2, 2016
This job was a good job, other then a few things for me which were down falls. The people were all very rude and short. No one was friendly to customers and were very hostile. Management ran the business poorly.
Department Manager
General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 2, 2016
Good salary
hard work and long work hours
security is not good
management is ok
multi-culture

Non-union position so the hours were a lot longer than paid hours
Productive and good evening supervisors and hardworking colleagues
WAREHOUSE ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 30, 2016
Its a good job and at the same time hard, it requires alot of energy, they pay well for services render, incentives and bonuses. They appreciate there workers efforts by gifts and encouragement.
Very nice work environment.
Superstore Joe Fresh Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 28, 2016
The work environment is great, makes everyone feel like they fit in and they belong. The safe is very helpful and everyone is dedicated to their work. The managers are very understanding if there are any personal problems an employ may have they are very supportive towards their staff.
Productive and fun working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
My team members were fun to work with, we look forward every day to go to work. The environment was great and the managers were always their for both internal and external customers. I would recommend National Housing Trust to anyone in Jamaica who wants to work in an environment that makes you happy to work in.
Benefits
Cons
I dont know of any at this moment
Refurb clerk
Refurb Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
I'm not the fastest to warm up to new coworkers, so getting to fit in with the senior staff was a little bit difficult at first, after a while it just became easier to hang out with everyone. It was nice to have the free time after work for whatever you wanted but sometimes it can be a bit lonely if you're not used to being alone all the time.
Dead End Job
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
There is very little opportunity to move up in the company, and the higher management tends to neglect to appreciate the staff at lower levels. The dress code is to always wear current clothing, yet you only received a partial discount on merchandise, so you end up spending a lot of money on clothing which cuts into your actual earnings substantially.

Overall Loblaw's is a very poorly managed company; I would never happily work for this company ever again.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Horrible pay, even after years of working for the company
Good place for work. Good management.
Analyst / Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 24, 2016
Good environment for work.
Co-workers friendly.
Good management.
Every day is busy, because we need to keep the tables full for all customers.
Pros
Opportunity to work and make money.
Cons
No benefits for part time job.
Excellent employees and atmosphere.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 24, 2016
I loved the people I worked with and I enjoyed coming to work everyday due to everyone's cheerful attitude.I feel as if the training provided was very good, and I was comfortable asking questions when I did not understand anything. The mangers were also very personable and I feel that if I had a personal problem I would be able to go and talk to one of them in confidence.
great job for students
Front End Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 23, 2016
i love my job at the superstore (Loblaws) is is the greatest job i have ever had.
there is not many hours given to me and i wish i worked more but i am also in high school.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Not many Hours
Lenient workplace where everyone was willing to help.
Night crew (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2016
I worked at Loblaws when I was recently out of high school, it's a good job that I would recommend to any high school graduate looking to make some extra money. The people were friendly and willing to help when you asked for it. It's always interesting to see how stores like this operate behind the scenes to stay looking kept up and fresh. Stocking shelves was basic work that doesn't need much explanation.
Pros
decent hours, clean, coworkers always willing to help
Cons
not many
Solid job, but poor managrment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BCApril 22, 2016
A good workplace consisting of easy to manage tasks, and a fair amount of hours. Fellow employees are fun to work with, and the customers rarely leave disappointed.
The work itself is fairly straight-forward and assistance by fellow staff is rarely in short supply.

My only grief is with the management. The employers themselves do come off as friendly, and are quite helpful on the floor when they're around. Though I'm not sure how legal some of their scheduling actions may be, as there have been rare occasions where management has changed the employee schedule without notifying staff. They also tend to regularly place day workers onto full-length night shifts, if not shifts starting as early as 2am. A grievance that has caused two employees to leave within the last few weeks, one of which neglected to even put in a two week notice.
Pros
Friendly staff, straight-forward work, lots of help
Cons
Night shifts for day workers, occasional schedule changes without notification
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
Worst 3 years of my life, Management is rude and doesn't care about any of the employees, horrible hours, the only good thing about Loblaws was the paid breaks, benefits, and the double time on boxing day.
Pros
paid breaks, 10% discount card, benefits
Cons
Management, hours, dirty workplace, treated like a slave
productive and fun workplace with wonderful coworkers
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work would be separating the skids and work harmony load to shelves in the health and beauty department. Everyday I learn the new items that come in from the delivery load. The hardest part would have to be pulling the loads over to my department with the pump trucks but the most enjoyable part would be working alone at night as I work the nightshift so the store is closed.
Great company, very flexible
Night Crew (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Working at the store is very convenient, and all of the colleagues I worked with made me feel welcome and valued. overall i would suggest others looking for part time work to try to work here because it is a great place to work at.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unorganized management at some stores