Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,253 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
My team members were fun to work with, we look forward every day to go to work. The environment was great and the managers were always their for both internal and external customers. I would recommend National Housing Trust to anyone in Jamaica who wants to work in an environment that makes you happy to work in.
Benefits
Cons
I dont know of any at this moment
Don't expect to survive past probation
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vanier, ON13 January 2017
A few of my friends were laid off from the Loblaws in Vanier a few days before the end of probation with no valid reason. One in particular never even met the manager that called him to give him the news. I know so many other companies that does this as well, all this to say it is not fair. Do not trust overnight stock managers.
Okay workplace
SAP Operator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 June 2016
Some-what decent jobs for students and the longer you stay the more you get payed since the jobs are unionized. Fast paced work at busy times, can get crowded, and poor salary for newcomers.
Pros
Paid 15 minute Breaks
Cons
Weird hours
Decreased dept hours, Over worked. Depressing place to work!
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS24 January 2017
Its easy to see all the employees are over worked because their department man hours have decreased!

Department manager was inexperienced and took out his stress on his employees by using foul language constantly. I started my shift I was their for 15 minutes when the Department told me to F_-Off for know reason, I walked out of the department and filed a complaint with the store manager which was a waste of time!

I was under paid and extremely over worked!!
Pros
Employee's
Cons
Managers, Pay, Hours.
good benifits, lower wages, indifferent managment
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 February 2017
good local runs, Windsor to Sudbury. High kilometer equipment, you have to do a thorough pre trip. company seems to be anti-union from corporate but on site management is ok. Indifferent bordering on incompetent dispatch is very frustrating, but there is no set route to get to your destination
Pros
freedom of routing
Cons
silly management
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2016
Worst 3 years of my life, Management is rude and doesn't care about any of the employees, horrible hours, the only good thing about Loblaws was the paid breaks, benefits, and the double time on boxing day.
Pros
paid breaks, 10% discount card, benefits
Cons
Management, hours, dirty workplace, treated like a slave
Very tense atmosphere, not a pleasant place to work
Senior Financial Analyst Franchise (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS9 February 2017
A company that once was possible to enjoy a career, Loblaw appears to be unwilling to retain employees long term.

Constant staff reductions generated a sense of uncertainty which exacerbated tensions at the head office.
Friendly Environment
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 March 2017
The management at this company is well organized and fair. Carrying on from this the workplace culture is fairly relaxed and not too stressful.The hardest part of the job is dealing with obnoxious customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Loss Prevention Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 January 2017
Excellent company to work for, I definitely recommend it.
Great management team.
Great office and environment.
Many locations around Ontario.
Company has a lot of free lunches and team huddle snacks.
There is ample opportunity to change different departments.
A typical shift at Loblaws
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
Work at the checkout, serve customers as they come through with their groceries. Work with the Point of Sale system and further address customer service responsibilities like customer complaints, managing cash drawer and doing return of grocery items
Pros
colleague discounts
Cons
long hours of work, not enough hourly pay
Some great co-workers
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Shawnessy, AB9 March 2017
Can be a fun place to work but the unstable hours makes it impossible to make a living. A second job is needed to survive. They will sometimes offer extra work and so.e even get extra training such as power jack training. They always have lots of hours over Christmas but then slowly cut hours back. I now have 1 shift per week. Can't feed my Son on that
Pros
10% discount on groceries
Cons
No hours
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2017
it is good place to work but some times its stress full during holiday time but still i can manage it. I got very good experience with this job.i learned very good customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunches and breaks for every 2hours
Cons
i think there is nothing bad about that job
Well Managed, Accommodating, Fun Place to Work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 March 2017
Working at Loblaws helped me hone many skills. Because of my position as a cashier I learned much about working people people and products. I worked under excellent management who always made their employs feel comfortable and treated fairly. It was a fun, well organized environment.
Department Manager
General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 May 2016
Good salary
hard work and long work hours
security is not good
management is ok
multi-culture

Non-union position so the hours were a lot longer than paid hours
Depends on what you're looking for
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2016
Great as a start off job for part-time students. Flexible hours worked around school schedule. Not very good for advancement. Benefits only apply to full-time workers.
Pros
Schedule around your availability
Cons
Inconsistent management, no benefits for part-timers
Good place for work. Good management.
Analyst / Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 April 2016
Good environment for work.
Co-workers friendly.
Good management.
Every day is busy, because we need to keep the tables full for all customers.
Pros
Opportunity to work and make money.
Cons
No benefits for part time job.
Fun job, received ungoing training
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 March 2017
Enjoyed working for loblaws, caring of their employees, always helping to ensure supervisors had the training and tools needed to help run departments efficiently.
Pros
Pay
Cons
loblaws was probably the worst work experience so far.
click and collect (Current Employee) –  Jarvis, ON3 October 2016
it is a very face pace job at times we don't have time for a break. I learned that without team work and communication it is harder to function as a whole. the management isn't the best they are very unorganized. There are some co-workers that slack more then others making the work load bigger then it has to be. The hardest part is getting everything done on time on busy days. There really isn't much of an enjoyable part of the job really.
Cons
unorganized, not a positive place, stressful
Productive Fun and challenging
Forklift Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 March 2016
Loblaw is a great place to work, but just like every work place you have to earn the money. Work hard and you will be rewarded. You get good benefits and overall the supervisors are verry friendly and ready to work with coleagues and help them with any issues and concerns.
Pros
Friendly people and incentive for Safety
Cons
Real Hard work
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2016
I work very independently or with minimum supervision. I have learned what team work is and how we can share and develop skills and ideas. Very supportive management and with all suggestions, training or consultation. Company has great vision and develop new processes as required in the competitive world class market.
Pros
Flexible hours to work/free coffees