Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,128 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun Place too work
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON16 August 2016
The hardest part of my job is deal with colleagues and people feeling on daily day. Their our some tough task that have too be done but get done everyday.
Pros
Free Lunches and Free Food
Cons
Long Hours
Co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2016
The work environment in the front end is very fun and welcoming because of the other cashiers. Most of us have a lot in common so there's always something to talk about which makes working there a lot better.
Worst Company Distribution Center
Reach Truck Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 January 2016
You are just a number,and you better have a back like a twenty yr old for as long as you work here.Standards are unrealistic, warehouse is laid out beyond stupidity ( be sure to stack a thousand+ pounds of product on top of your water bottle base) for starters. Pallets look like pyramids due to unrealistic standards of assemblers rushing to get it done in time so they don't get written up,suspended,and eventually fired.The Union is useless because they are in the companies pocket.Supervisors and Management think their s**t don't stink,and they all claim to have done assembly at some point. I've seen more supervisors replaced,and upper management change names a few times in my 15+ yrs. The only reason they got into supervisor positions is because they could not do the job (that would explain the mayonaise on their chins) This companies distribution center is equivalent to a sweat shop of a third world country.
Pros
There are no Pro's about this company.
Cons
Good liars at making you feel like your a valuable employee.
Cashier at Loblaws
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 July 2016
Typical day at Loblaws would be cashing out customers and bag their groceries. I learned how to multi-task, and engage in small talk with customers. My co-workers are great, they respect me and they treat me very kindly. There is no hard part to the job, however it is difficult when you first start since it's your first time and may occasionally mess up on orders the first few shifts. After that, the job gets easier. Even though the job does get easier, it's not very enjoyable and sometimes my legs are in pain for standing for so long. It is a good place to work however it does get boring really quickly after working for 4 months.
Pros
Half-hour lunches, discounts to Goodlife Fitness
Cons
Legs end up hurting after standing for a long period of time
Productive and great staff
Asst bakery manager (Current Employee) –  charlortown28 September 2016
Fast paced, coworkers and management are very good to work with. Taught all the skills needed to preform the job.
Many in store activities for the staff
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Need more full time
Good Company
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2016
Exciting organizational changes - i.e. new acquisitions.
Fast paced and fun working environment. Challenging roles with opportunities for advancement.
Productive Fun and challenging
Forklift Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK7 March 2016
Loblaw is a great place to work, but just like every work place you have to earn the money. Work hard and you will be rewarded. You get good benefits and overall the supervisors are verry friendly and ready to work with coleagues and help them with any issues and concerns.
Pros
Friendly people and incentive for Safety
Cons
Real Hard work
Awesome place
Associate Merchant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 August 2016
The company is really a good and fun workplace for, the managers are nice. The company provides good benefits for its employees. I've gained a lot of experience there.
Good place to learn on lots of aspect learn on different nationality and religion
Technicienne en administration (Current Employee) –  Office8 August 2016
Work with more than 60 employees and more a day on payroll human resources csst emails and hiring do schedule and help the management staff
Fun to help and doing multiple tasks
Productive job
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Laval19 September 2016
Nice place to work good social advantage and not far from my house and nice schedule of work most of the time the job is the same but still easy and physically entertaining
Pros
Lot of overtime
Cons
Salary
Bad
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS20 November 2016
Great place to work but it's the management that makes it a terrible place to work. If you like puppet work, this is the job for you.
I'd only recommend working here for students
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2016
Good wages
Lots of overtime
Benefits were good
co-workers were easy going
supervision was fair
company picnics and events
Pros
paid breaks, overtime
Cons
Place closed long ago
high energy work enviroment. working with many colleagues and many customers daily. making for always interesting day
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2015
fun work place with supportive management. not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
learn on site and getting paid as long as you are willing, the job can be taught to you.
Cons
long hours, work/life balance was not there.
Very Productive but Exhaustive
Front End Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Very Productive but Exhaustive for part time workers. I work at Loblaws for three years and 6 months. I have smaller benefits and small income.
Pros
Free Foods
Dead End Job
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
There is very little opportunity to move up in the company, and the higher management tends to neglect to appreciate the staff at lower levels. The dress code is to always wear current clothing, yet you only received a partial discount on merchandise, so you end up spending a lot of money on clothing which cuts into your actual earnings substantially.

Overall Loblaw's is a very poorly managed company; I would never happily work for this company ever again.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Horrible pay, even after years of working for the company
Average
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 August 2016
Some good people, complicated processes. No stability in job structure since cutbacks.Inconsistent adoption of initiatives and culture changes. Size disrupts creativity.
Flexible with schedule, but awful management.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2016
It's a job that needs experience and it helps expand your knowledge in the loss prevention field. Unfortunately the management that controls the loss prevention lacks professionalism. Bad communication and apprehension policies for both internal and external are ludicrous. As a person with many years of experience, I was disappointed.
Pros
Flexible with schedules and weekends off
Cons
Horrible communication
A good place to work
Food Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Loblaws has good management staff who care about their staff and maintaining a positive environment for their employees. Customer service excellence and customer retention through merchandising is a top priority for the company.
I enjoy what I do. I get to help people every day
Full Time Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 April 2016
A typical day involves a lot of walking and talking. I have learned some "go-to phrases" that help deal with difficult customers. Management is lacking in delegation and has difficulties doing the job on her own. The hardest part of the day is working with my department manager. She cannot cope and our work bottle necks at her end. The most enjoyable part of my day is when our customer walks away with a smile on their face.
Best
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2016
-Started as Clerk, End up as Supervisor, Very Good working respected family environment, lot to learn, and overall Best Experience of my Career.