Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

I enjoy what I do. I get to help people every day
Full Time Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day involves a lot of walking and talking. I have learned some "go-to phrases" that help deal with difficult customers. Management is lacking in delegation and has difficulties doing the job on her own. The hardest part of the day is working with my department manager. She cannot cope and our work bottle necks at her end. The most enjoyable part of my day is when our customer walks away with a smile on their face.
Fast pace , Challenging enviroment
Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 8, 2016
Great place to work, Definitely room to move up in the company but some job fits people differently, others find it more of a challenge and end up leaving cause different departments to fall behind . overall apply and see if it fits if it interests you
Pros
Suprise pizza partys, Fruit bowls
Very Productive company lots of benefits.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2016
It was a great place to work and I would recommend this company to others. Productive, benefits are good and just a great working atmosphere and there is scope for growth in this company.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Sometimes have to work from home
Good Place to work
HR Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 6, 2016
Loblaw is a good company to work for. It has a lot of benefits, such as flex hours and a Good life fitness on site! There are really nice people who work in this company.
good work place
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2016
Working at loblaw pharmacy is a great experience for me where i get my most of job experience in this busy pharmacy. co worker and staff is very helpful and friendly.
Great co-workers, always something to do.
Click and Collect (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONApril 3, 2016
I would gather orders people placed online and gather their desired items. I would bag and ring up the items and organize the bill and how they would be paying.
I learned how to organize my time better and how to deal with stressful situations.
The hardest part was dealing with customers. As much as I loved this job, there were some customers I felt uncomfortable serving.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being given the time to work independently as well as work as a team.
Not the best place to work
GM/Electronics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 31, 2016
Cons

- ALWAYS cutting hours.

- Extremely low hours.

- Management is unsupportive and they don't care, zero leadership. Abusive.

- Overworked with unreasonable amount of workload even during high traffic seasons/holidays.

- Hold you responsible for not fulfilling their unreasonable demands due to their incompetence and lack of management and leadership skills.

- Only 10% discount on certain products

Pros

- Coworkers

- Decent benefits
Easy work but not a fun work atmosphere to work in
Preventive Maintenance / Windows 7 Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
In general the unseen areas where the customers don't see are very dirty and dusty .. Normally the managers of the stores don't really care about staff or the IT equipment which is the brains of the stores especially the server room
Lack of communication between the head office and stores
A good place to start working
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCMarch 31, 2016
The job is good for young people but once one gets older and educated it becomes a dead end because there are almost no chance of advancement. The co-workers were great though, definitely the best part of the job and my manager was amazing.
Depends on what you're looking for
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Great as a start off job for part-time students. Flexible hours worked around school schedule. Not very good for advancement. Benefits only apply to full-time workers.
Pros
Schedule around your availability
Cons
Inconsistent management, no benefits for part-timers
Exciting environment
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 29, 2016
Typical day at work entails dealing with costumers helping them find what they need along with making suggestions to them on what is better, putting product out and lastly cleaning the work station.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 28, 2016
I have worked in extrafood...I learned something new from my colleague and customer..I enjoyed tomuch with my co-workers
overall i felt good with company and his customers
Alright
GENERAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 25, 2016
It was an okay place to work. I liked the people, I liked the work. Everyone took break at the same time. the hardest part was they dont do full time very often.
good company
MASTER DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 24, 2016
worked at the head office and it was a great company to work for. Manager was understanding and helped me along the way. work\life balance was great, never brought work home with me and rarely stayed late to complete work.
Work, life balance not entirely great
Merchant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 23, 2016
Very "old boys club" regarding management

Co worker counterparts great to work with.

Family/ work balance is not great. Expected to work above your level with little recognition.
hard work but productive
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
fast pace environment, a lot of managers so a lot of ppl to please
a lot of work, especially in the home meal replacement department.
Pros
get paid
Cons
too many opinions
Fun and Mentally stimulating
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 22, 2016
Fill, File, and process prescriptions. Talk to physicians, nurses, patients. Phone prescriptions, email prescriptions. Counting medications. Preparing mixtures, compounds, suspensions, solutions, and creams.

I learned a lot about the inner workings of the health care sector and the chain of information and command between health care providers, pharmacies, and the business aspect of health care.

Loblaw provided fair hours, though they did not cater too well to students.

My co-workers were fantastic, fun, and experienced in the field. They were always willing to teach me new procedures and guide me through processes.

The hardest part of the job was tracking the chain of information from the patient to their nurses/PSWs, to their physicians/surgeons, and to the pharmacy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see customer satisfaction when we delivered their medications in a timely and polite manner.
Fast paced and demanding
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
Long hours of work
Expected overtime with no extra pay
Good Pay and benefits
Complicated Politics
High Expectations to deliver results
Pros
Good bonus system
Cons
Very Political
Nice work environment and coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of punching into work and either having a bagging or cashier shift. It is typically a 4 hour shift. What I dislike about the store is their disorganization. Throughout the day as a cashier, we deal with a few wrong price tags resulting in free products. My co-workers are awesome and always happy. Everyone gets along greatly. The job is very simple and it is fun to interact with customers. I would like a few more hours in order to pay for my schooling but Loblaw's is constantly hiring new people, resulting in everyone else getting fewer hours, which i don't appreciate.
Pros
Fun and enjoyable environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Love the company, I was just in the wrong department
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
- a typical day at work had a variety of tasks to do and days went by quickly, it was nice working with customers
- I learned valuable customer service skills and retail experience
- my co-workers were great, no complaints
- the hardest part of my job was maintaining my speed, which I wasn't able to do
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
dealing with customers