Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,253 reviews matching the search
loblaws was probably the worst work experience so far.
click and collect (Current Employee) –  Jarvis, ON3 October 2016
it is a very face pace job at times we don't have time for a break. I learned that without team work and communication it is harder to function as a whole. the management isn't the best they are very unorganized. There are some co-workers that slack more then others making the work load bigger then it has to be. The hardest part is getting everything done on time on busy days. There really isn't much of an enjoyable part of the job really.
Cons
unorganized, not a positive place, stressful
Lack of objective
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton3 October 2016
This is most definitely a constructive criticism. Although I had a great experience working at Loblaw Companies, it would be very helpful if management would take their objectives seriously, make them measurable and hold all levels of staff accountable to ensure positive results. It appears that there's a true and honest (even eager) desire to change the culture and get staff onboard but you cannot expect different results by making same mistakes.
Pros
Great facility (Headoffice)
Cons
Big egos easily bruised, too much hidding behind titles
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary22 March 2017
All my store managers were fantastic to work with. It was a great environment to work in. Division management was also great. They were understanding with your needs with time off and other personal issues you may have that can conflict with work
Productive, the people working there are friendly.
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 October 2016
Superstore is a great place to start off working if this is your first job. It can teach you plenty of different skills depending on which department you're in. As a courtney clerk, I've learnt mostly people skills and how to help in anyway that I can.
Pros
Short hours, good to start off in the work place or if you're currently enrolled in school
Cons
Not a place you want to make a living out of, to low wage and takes too long to build up to anywhere.
receive orders from distribution centre , file them on computer and in accounting file
Receiver and Perpetual inventory clerk (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 January 2017
Not a very difficult job.
I applied during an employee shortage crisis and not all full time positions have been filled and hours are negligible .
Pros
easy
Cons
union environment.
Loblaws
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Fun place to work, very friendly staff. They Say lots of room for growth in there company which is great but it takes a long time for that to happen. Not a lot of hours, couple shifts per week. Really great place for students to work.
Pros
Great staff, very friendly
Cons
Not a lot of hours to give
Skeptical at first but found out it was true
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2016
I was skeptical at first at first reading all the negative reviews here but turned out to be true.

The turn over rate for newly hired employees and temps ranges from just 2 weeks to 2 months.

They are very bias specially against temps and if most of the managers do not like you they will make excuses to fire you. The environment is toxic and you either just stay quiet or else people will police what you are doing and make reasons to make you leave.

Varied management style and no standardized way of doing stuff specially training. Everyone has their own way of doing things.

Be wary of applying specially if you are a temp.
Pros
A lot of possible job opportunities
Cons
Varied management styles as well as bias toward new hires and temps
Understanding, caring and easy to work with
Sr. Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
My time at Loblaws was full of growth as a professional and as a person. Loblaw provided new and sometimes difficult programs to improve the business; I truly thrived and appreciated the experience.
Co-workers ranged in age from young college graduates to 30 years tenure.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
job security
Not impressed with this company
FT Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
Poor Management.
Pay compensation is extremely low for the job functions in some departments.
Poor safety culture
People with strong skills not recognized and given the opportunities for advancement in a reasonable time frame.
Fun workplace
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  South Surrey, BC25 November 2016
I enjoy working with my colleagues although the job is really physically demanding and you need to keep up the pace for 8 or 10 hours (depending on what schedule you have either 4 days 10 hours or 5 days 8 hours). Very busy environment and crazy overtime every week.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Crazy overtime
Work Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2017
-Easy Shift Depending on how busy it is
- Helpful co workers
- friendly customers
- Great place for an entrance level job
- Quick and Easy to learn the job and get a handle around tasks required in your position
Pros
Good entrance level job
Cons
Rude customers
Fun and Stressful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
It it fun to work at Loblaws because there are lot of funny people and good co workers. They will help you every time you have a hard time doing your job.

Only stressful is the challenge of getting your good percentage rating at the end of the day.
fun and productive and stress free, challenging , super friendly superiors
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB16 January 2017
productive and theres a lot of room to grow fun workplace, challenging . managers and supervisor are friendly and care for their people.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours is depends how busy the store
Overall great experience
Front-End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
It's a wonderful and supportive environment. The hardest part is having the availability requirement. The management really likes to get to know everybody, kinda has a family vibe.
Pros
Your break is always prioritized
Cons
strange hours
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2016
I work very independently or with minimum supervision. I have learned what team work is and how we can share and develop skills and ideas. Very supportive management and with all suggestions, training or consultation. Company has great vision and develop new processes as required in the competitive world class market.
Pros
Flexible hours to work/free coffees
Company is a joke
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 January 2017
Company is run like employees are a bunch of slaves. Keep unrealistically raising expectations and firing people who have been there for 10 or 15 years when they cant meet them!! Dont work for these chumps. Dead end job
Pros
Prescriptions
Cons
Poor place to work lack of proper training
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 September 2016
I got injured on the job because of no training at all. I asked to be transferred and no one lift a finger to help me....they told me to stay on my sick leaf and they will contact me for an update , it has been almost 2months now. I spoke with 3 managers and all lost my sick days off paper from my doctor. They care zero about their employees! No one didn't even call to find out if I was ok
Pros
Clean lunch room
Cons
Poor management, lack of care and zero transpirancy
great experience as a first job
food clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Loblaws is great, I've learned how to properly handle food, I've made many customers happy with the purchase of what they need and also I got to make a lot of friends at work since everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
long breaks for full time shifts
Cons
lack of hours
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 February 2017
Good place to work and learn new tasks. safe and friendly environment good supervisors. Best place to check your physical and mental strength Overall.
fun workplace, mislead on hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 March 2017
i love the job here, except i only get 4 hours a week.. i asked for more hours, havent received them and they keep hiring new people. everyone who works here is amazing though, very nice environment.
Pros
sometimes free food
Cons
not enough hours