Loblaw

Loblaw Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to get on the resume
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), BramptonJuly 2, 2013
Cons: long hours and no recognition
The company is good to get on your resume - once you do GET OUT FAST!! People are great there and I have made great friends but Management has no interest in your career development. Your just a number to them. The pay is not that great and you are expected to work long hours even when you get paid peanuts.
Garbage
Employee-Orleans Superstore (Current Employee), Orleans, OntarioJune 7, 2013
Terrible place to work. I work at the Orleans Superstore and it's run by mostly idiots. Pure chaos at all levels and everything is always "someone elses fault". Just a very unprofessional organisation. Nothing is ever repaired. The Store Manager got the job through his dad. Nobody is hired Full-Time anymore. Most people are currently looking for other – more... jobs.
Would not recommend anyone to work there. – less
Very fast pace environment with tons of pressure but good salary -benefits -advancement
Grad - Management Trainee (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 2, 2013
Pros: opportunity is limitless, good salary & benefits, valuable experience
Cons: pressure, politics, unpaid overtime
This was my first post-grad job and loved it. I joined as a grad and worked in the store, head office and learning center.
Great and fun place to work at
Assistant Category Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 25, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Great team environment where everyone works closely together. Help each other out and share knowledge & experience with one another. Overall management is great and gives constructive feedback. Enjoy the fast pace environment where your constantly learning and are challenged.
A productive workplace, focused on delivering positive returns, growth, and added value to our customers.
Associate Merchant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2013
Working at LCL is a fast paced environment.

Priorities are always placed in flux, and one has to be both agile and flexible in order to excel.

I have learned that both an open mind and positive attitude go a long way. These have been my most beneficial assets.

I've grown tremendously with LCL, and am appreciative of the direction and support I am – more... always offered.

My co-workers also strive to grow and add value, which instils a healthy amount of competition at work. We are also encouraging and supportive to one another.

The hardest part of the job is having to complete a project, function or responsibility in the 'eleventh hour', and the most enjoyable part of the job is when I am able to exceed expectations and deliver additional, unexpected value to the business. – less
Stay away
GM flow (Current Employee), Gateway, Winnipeg ManitobaApril 30, 2013
Cons: management, lack of respect, overworked, cut hours. ect.....
Stay away, this has to be the worst run place on earth.
The Gateway winnipeg location is run as if they are all 6 year olds.
Your over worked for the limited amount of hours you get, they constantly cut hours of all staff and you end up doing 3 other jobs on top of your own.
You get zero training and when you do a task wrong the manager yells at you – more... in front of customers and other staff.
It's a joke. The union is a joke they just take your money every pay and let the manager do what she wants.
The first couple of weeks you'll get some hours but they'll be cut to 5 or 8 hours a week. – less
Head Office is a Viper Pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Staff Support (Former Employee), BramptonApril 24, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: pay for food, stressful environment, bad management, poor training, top heavy company
You've been warned ..Stay Away.

On the surface it looks like a cutting edge company but the behind the scene company culture is poison/ toxic. I had been through this before so as soon as I saw the warning signs I left.
The retail environment is very aggressive and if Loblaw has one bad Quarter then then could mean jobs will be but. I spoke with older – more... colleagues who also wished they left earlier but only stayed because of their pensions. Not just me but i saw many people voluntarily leave because the commute and the stress were just not worth it.

The choice is your but diligently consider before joining. – less

July 2, 2013

Stay away !!! They expect you to work without the right tools. Management is two faced and they will set you up to fail. You are better off working at Tim Hortons then this place. For my severance package I had to get workers rights involved to get my money. Took them a month to get it. A company that doesn't want to pay its employees. Enough said.

Loblaw is the greatest place in the world to work
Major Incident Owner (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 10, 2013
Loblaw is a great environment to work in as well as wonderful employees.

April 19, 2013

I worked there for 2 years. a) Pay is garbage for the amount of work you have to do b) Loyalty is gone c) no matter how much effort you put in to that workplace specifically lobalw they treat you unfair. I would not suggest anyone to apply to loblaw.

June 18, 2013

the person who posted this is delusional i worked with loblaw for several years in Vancouver-- a lot of politics going on in the workplace. no merit system most in the management level are unprofessional without concern for their employees Ever heard of the collapse of a factory in Bangladesh making Joe Fresh clothing where 400 people died .... Joe Fresh is the clothing carrid by Real Canadian Superstore owned by Loblaw

Needing a change
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 4, 2013
After 10 years of being at the same company my co workers have become like family, through out the years I have seen many changes made to the company, now that I have completed the PSW coarse I am excited to make changes in my own life.
THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!!!!! EVERYONE AT HEAD OFFICE IS STRESSED
Team member (Former Employee), Brampton head officeMarch 28, 2013
Pros: you get paid onetime
Cons: stressful environment, backstabbers everywhere, you work will not get recognized
Worked at head office. Cult atmosphere!!! Despite Loblaws portraying itself as a green, all inclusive, progressive company don't be fooled its your typical cold greedy backwards corporation. I feel for the great people who are trapped there. Management lies, work load is too much and perks are no perks at all you have to pay for everything, gym, food, – more... etc. The stress level can be overwhelming due to unrealistic demands and workload. But the thing that got me the most is no one was happy and even young people had grey hair. Better off working for Sobeys. – less

April 19, 2013

I USED TO WORK at the brisdale location. This place is the worst place to work. After 2 years without notice they walked me out. I didn't do anything wrong. I am glad they did what they did now I can PROUDLY SAY I work for WALMART HEAD OFFICE who offers A LOT MORE BETTER PERKS.. not much stress too..

excellent working environment
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee), torontoMarch 21, 2013
Pros: nice staff
Cons: nothing
friendly staff, full expansion of professional upgrade, very popular company with excellent reviews
Productive and fun.
Meat Processor (Current Employee), Courtenay, BCMarch 18, 2013
Whrapping meat, cleaning and filling display cases.
To organize time successfully to complete tasks.
Helpful and approachable.
Giving of their time and knowledge.
The cold room.
Dealing with customers and learning new tasks.
Department managers ( now called ops managers)get experince then run
department manager (Former Employee), edmonton albertaMarch 17, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: as managment you are expected to put in unhuman hours
This is a company that sees an end goal but can't quite pull it together at store level to make it happen. Programs continously started but not planned all the way through so at store level you have to be able to interpret what their end vision is so you can deliver it. You have to be loud and demanding to get some suppport when you need it from the – more... overworked managers. With in this environment you get great skills you'll just really have to know what you can tolerate to get that experince.
You do get to meet and work with a lot of great people and it turns into a team as you all feel the same way about head office and their ever changing minds and poor stock planning. The latest problem solving motto is 'when SAP comes it'll get better.' Until then i guess if you have a very thick skin when it comes to 'constructive criticism' i.e. your store manager yelling at you in front of customers on the sales floor for shelves looking to empty (even though you are following ordering regulations) or the aisles aren't faced to the very edge of the shelf, take the experince and run. – less
A productive working place that has a great customer service.
Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short hour
Working at Loblaw taught me how to do deal with various customer attitude, specifically to those rude ones. I enjoy helping my colleagues to do their job when I am done with mine. I also love to help customers to look for their needs and it makes me feel happy when I can see that they are satisfied and thankful for what I have done for them.
15 years
STAS Time and Attendance Specialist (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 8, 2013
Pros: great team of proffessionals, and lots of career advancement opportunities.
I have had the privilege of working for Loblaws for 15 years, and while difficult at times I enjoyed every minute of it. I had the opportunity to make many career advancements in the company, and would recommend Loblaws to any prospective employee.
Laid Back environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 7, 2013
Pros: great plance to work
Cons: poor compensation compared to industry
Great Co-workers, and good to start career. No consistency in compensation/benefits.
Busy, productive, Good Life Fitness in the building
Data Integrity Coordinator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 5, 2013
Pros: 3 weeks vacation
Cons: commuting
Investigate and support issues stores may have across Canada.
I have learned to use 6 different computer systems, how to use those systems to investigate probelms.
Have meet people in different parts of the business and help them solve issues.
Our team including managers works well, suports each other, covers when help is needed.
Hardest part for me – more... is the repetitiveness of the job and sitting for 7 hours straight a day.
The best part is knowing I helped solve issue and have them fixed for the stores to be able to work properly. – less
Do not apply for job as a cashier for MLG
cashier (Former Employee), MLGMarch 2, 2013
Cons: lot
I am a former employee of this location. The front end manager treat enployees like we are her slave. The only thing that doesn't happen is physical beating, besides that you get threaten, yelled, accused. You complain to HR manager nothing happen. Take this to union, no action. Finally take this to store manager and then you are forced to quit.
Do not apply for job as a cashier for MLG
cashier (Former Employee), MLGMarch 2, 2013
Cons: lot
Overall good place to work -
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, OntarioFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Constant collaboration with various deparements of the business.
The friends I have made throughout my time here are great people. Hardest part of my job is attaining company goals when I am only 1 piece of the puzzle.

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more

Loblaw Photos