Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work hard for a low pay with a great work environment!
Loblaw Employee (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: discount card, friendly and helpful colleagues
Cons: low salary, limited amounts of shifts, union is useless
A typical day at work would be doing your daily duties in your department, help out customers when they need help and socialize with others on your breaks. I learned responsibility and cooperation. The management is very disorganised. The people in charge do not know what they are doing at times, and they hesitate when making decisions. So there will be a time when you know the managers are not being efficient or making a mistake, but you are not able to do anything about it. The co-workers are the reason to work at Loblaw. They are like family. They help you and look after you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with negative customers and managers. There are times when you won't be able to take a break because the store gets too busy, but the managers won't care (keep in mind, you get paid a low salary). They will continue t make you work like crazy. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with your colleagues and helping out customers.
Stressful at times, but co-workers kept things light and fun.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 29, 2014
The best part of my job was my co-workers and boss. We were a team and worked hard for each other and the success of our department. It was a job that didn't require you to take home. It was very busy and stressful at times but I always felt good that I helped people get what they needed as well as contributed to the business.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 27, 2014
My typical day at work had to do with administrative tasks, customer service, billing, and data entry. I was part of the management team, and my co-workers were amazing. I enjoyed going to work every day the hardest part was when they closed down the warehouse.
horrible dead end job
bakery employee (Former Employee), London,on.October 23, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: lousey hours and nasty management
Nasty uncaring management, boring boring job,hated every minute of it. Be prepared to work every weekend and every Fri. night, maybe a good job for a desperate student,but not an adult wanting to be a baker.
fast paced and exciting challenges
Senior Manager, Contracts, Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee), Brampton Head OfficeOctober 21, 2014
Pros: diverse environment
I believe that Loblaw is the most fast paced company that I have worked for and as a result, I have learned more in the time that I have worked there in comparison to other companies that I have been employed by. Loblaw pushes you to make decisions and to grow.
Low job security
Analyst, Vendor Audit (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 4, 2014
Relaxed corporate culture, but with all the changes very low job security
Productive and fun
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Cambridge , ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free gym membership, partial paid phone, discount at the store level
Cons: i enroll for the job, i do not complain about it
review inventory , purchasing , forecasting sales , review reports , create reports , resolve any issues that appears (transport, inventory ) vendor management, negotiations . I have learn to work in a very fast place , fast decision making .Management very supportive .
The hardest part of work is when you make mistakes . The most enjoyable part of the job is this is not a job for me it is a carrier .
Structured Work
Vendor Audit Analyst (Former Employee), 1 President Choice - Head OfficeSeptember 28, 2014
To be fair, only there for 6 months. The specific line of position I had can be repetitive, however with the size of the company it's relatively eaiser to move around and learn new things.
Working like a horse all day long, nobody cares if you had a break or lunch.
Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, OnSeptember 27, 2014
Still working there, I hope its not going to be for long, just feel sorry for myself spending so many years there... Geting worse and worse every day...
You will be hungry and they don't care. you need more hours they say get another job.
former employee (Former Employee), not my problem anymoreSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: coffee machine in breakroom
Cons: no coffee for the machine
Don't get stuck working for this slave driving company.
Abusive treatment from managers, small wages not enough hours, you'll be working extremely hard because there too much to be done and not enough staff or time.
This was once a great company until it turn greedy...like so greedy it makes me sick to my stomach.
Waste of time!
Stockroom (Former Employee), LondonSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: paying union dues when not in the union, paying for insurance that you can't use
Don't even bother. You'll get minimum wage, get minimal hours, pay union dues, a union 'initiation fee', and pay for insurance that you'll never be able to use.

When it's all said and done, you'll get less than minimum wage.

The union, UFCW, is beyond useless, and only exists to suck money from your meager pay.

Don't even think about doing this to supplement your income, but again, it's not worth it.
fun and resourceful
Senior Clerk AP Processing (Current Employee), weston winnipegSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: slow programs
its fun workng with people and mostly challenging
giving good workplace
sometimes too many invoices coming
Loss Prevention Rep (Former Employee), AjaxSeptember 15, 2014
claims and audit
learned loss prevention
management kept changing
team work was excellent
working with truck drivers
being heard
Large Company with many opportunities to make an impact
Senior Engineering Analyst, Flow Deployment (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: fantastic cafeteria, good social environment
Cons: no established career progression plan
Some of the nicest colleagues I've ever had, and the variety of projects and work available is exciting for someone just starting their career and looking to make a positive impact.

Overall it's a great company. There's just the same headaches you expect from all companies this size: lack of communication between teams, senior leadership that are either too slow or too haphazard with their action plans, and the feeling that you're just this little cog in this massive machine.
Well supervised environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: always something to do, never boring.
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day in the Produce Department is displaying the product on the tables and answering customers inquiries.I learned how to lead a team and train new employees so that they can get the job done efficiently and right.the hardest part of the job is when we get too much overstock and we have to go through it all and organize everything while maintaining the shopping floor. The best part is the positive work environment and being a part of a working team where everyone does their part.
Strong Management
Warehouse Assembler (Current Employee), Calgary,ABSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Receiving orders ,find the items, pick the items,
I learned how to control employee performance by software.
Strong management
Co-workers were so hard working
The hardest part of job was picking a lots of case per day
having experience with the one of the most efficient controlling software was the most enjoyable part .
I enjoyed working at Loblaw Companies Ltd.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at Loblaw Companies Ltd. Loblaw Companies Ltd. has a very desired office location, provided a great salary and created a wonderful job culture.
Great staff and co-workers
Operation Specialist (Current Employee), winnipeg, MBAugust 27, 2014
Pros: holidays and salary
Cons: 7 days a week, with no days off
Developed, implemented and coordinated successful business strategies improving productivity, employee attendance, performance management best practices and increasing employee morale; managed multiple warehouse projects ensuring their development, communication, and facilitation throughout our facility and organization; supports and develops rewarding business partnerships through relationship building.

Proven ability and skill to oversee operations coordinating and trouble-shooting in a busy and evolving environment; Creative problem-solving and conflict management skills; Active leader who employs analysis and workable solutions while managing multiple projects; Assesses and implements practical operational and training solutions exceeding organizational goals and measurements
Great part time working environment
Pharmacy Technician (P/T) (Former Employee), MissisaugaAugust 25, 2014
Great environment to develop

Always room for growth

Resourceful colleagues
Long hours, no respect, low pay
Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg MBAugust 20, 2014
Cons: long shifts, low pay, ineffective union, incompetent management
Superstore is a really dreadful place. I've worked for the company for 5 years and I make 30 cents more than minimum wage.

Drama is abundant with management and colleagues talking behind others backs. Management frequently discusses personal manners with other employees.s

Avoid at all costs,

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more