Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,385 reviews matching the search
Service a la clientèle
Gerant dept (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC8 May 2017
Commandez servir le client marchandises voilà le résumé de une journée
i would not recommend working here
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 May 2017
terrible terrible this environment is not an healthy one they’re more into performance rather than the workers safety. i would not recommend not even my enemy to work there
Great Place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Forest Hill, ON6 May 2017
really nice place to begin a future career, mostly part part of the work consist in attend costumer necessities as customer service support and sales inquiries
Benefits
Cons
work timing (hours
Start of a brand new place
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON6 May 2017
When I began working at Fortinos the store had just opened so they were a new running store. Amazing co-workers and good staff. Except management was not accommodating to certain needs that I had.
Great Place to Learn
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 May 2017
Amazing team and great people to learn from. Management understanding to helping to achieve better results.
Flex working hours and work can start at 7:30 even.
great work place.
Supervisor/manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2017
great work place, i learned a lot working for loblaw the experience anyone can get from working here is great it has all departments in one and you can learn them all if you wanted to achieve more within the company.
Pros
Cons
union.
Easy but boring
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
Easy but boring. The job never changed, always the same old boring shifts.Also, management needs to work harder for the pay they get compared to part time.
Good place
PRODUCE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Riverview, NB3 May 2017
Nice people to work with, easy going place. Been there for 3 years, no real complaints about my time working there. Only reason to leave is I'm graduating and want a full-time job.
Pros
free food
Cons
long shifts
Fun, low stress, very demanding
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Caledonia Mountain, NB2 May 2017
A typical day started at 2pm and went until 12:30am. I learned how to stack pallets and become a tetris star. The management had a very hands off job. The people I worked with were, well.. again. people who had no real future aside from where they currently were so it certainly pushed me to better myself as much as I could so I had a chance at making real money some day soon. The hardest part was lifting 70-80lbs over your head for hours at a time and the most enjoyable part was getting off at the end of the night.
Pros
cool people
Cons
no advancement
Not organized but decent
Clerk/Night Crew Prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
They are not organized at all making the work environment extremely confusing at times. However, the team is great, as is the management so it makes up for it.
great part time job while in school
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2017
The employees at Loblaws are really friendly and easy to work with. Hours are always steady and the managers really make daily routines easy to accomplish. From working at Loblaws I have learned how to communicate with customers on a professional level, and represent myself as a part of a company.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
min. wage
Friendly Co-workers
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK30 April 2017
Whenever someone had trouble managing in their department, other employees are friendly enough to help out and show how to do things properly if the managers are not around.
Pros
Free pizza and Birthday parties hosted
Cons
N/a
fun people and great place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2017
I worked there for practicum to get my college completed. It was a very nice place to work at, everyone was very helpful and friendly to me. I loved the Huddle
good job
PC Cooking School Coordinator & PC Chef (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON29 April 2017
Loblaw's is a great place to work and the management are great people they treat you very well making your work environment a safe haven to do your job they offer advancement
A flexable and resonable job but don't expect much.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB29 April 2017
The job tends to have a rapid turnover rate, meaning that your co-workers will come and go, names and faces change rapidly. The management can vary as the different supervisors can exhibit different behaviors. Expect favoritism and all other sorts of preferential treatment so don't get on your supervisor's bad side.
Pros
Very flexible, Job is secure once you are full union.
Cons
Favortism and huge turnover rate.
Average Workplace
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 April 2017
Management is ignorant yet other staff is friendly. It is not a competitive workplace. It is hard on your feet as the job involved long standing periods. Overall, it is an average work environment.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON28 April 2017
I have worked for Loblaws for 5.5 years now and still currently work there until I find a new job. Our management is rude and disrespectful to employees, they don't listen to you, if a customer complains about you they don't want to listen to your side of the story they just wright you up and threaten to fire you.

The hours are minimal when your first hired, the work is relatively simple but most employees are lazy and don't actually do there jobs, the ones that do get no recognition. There is no hope in ever having a full time position at this company.

The customers are rude, they scream and yell at you for things completely out of your control and when you ask a manager for help they never take your side even when that's the store policy.

The store is open to 7am-11pm and myself working in customer service I find that a waste of utilities and staffing hours. When I work until 11pm in customer service I'm usually sitting around for half of the shift, after I've cleaned, done all my work, restocked and looked after ever single customer need/ listen to them complain/ scream in your face.

You do get a 10% discount card after working there for 6months but it does not work for Milk and a few other products. You do get benefits but they take forever to achieve. After 2 years of work you get dental 80% paid for, after 3 years of work you get prescription paid in full up to $10,000 a year, and eye care up to 80% paid is thrown in there somewhere.

The management don't care about you, never believe you when your sick or need to go home early because your not feeling
  more... well or have an emergency at home. There is no trust what so ever.

If you can help it don't work here you will regret it
Pros
After 3 years of work- benefits
Cons
Everything else you can think of
A good pleace to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 April 2017
a typical day you go in, check emails, talk to your business partners and see what is the next project that you need to work on. Sometimes you are tackling 3 projects at a time so you have to work fast.
Interesting Place to Work
Produce Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
Learned a lot about the grocery business, business processes, and operations management. Enjoyed working on a variety of projects with my team members. Had the opportunity to work in different areas of the company before working in store operations. There are some opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Learning opportunities, Some opportunities for Advancement, Benefits
Cons
Good pay with experience & benefits
Part-time Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  North Delta, BC27 April 2017
Warehouse shipment to store is a mess with no food safe or fragile procedure or common sense. The Meat Cutter must sort or remove items on top of meat boxed items like Seafood, Chicken, Mixed grocery, produce, deli, dairy, etc. I must do all these in timely manner with FIFO (1st in 1st out) by restrict old stock on new one. Most of the time 5 old boxes on 1 New box.

Not to mention done by 1 Meat Cutter his shift is 5:30 - 2pm & the Meat Counter must be fully cut by hand by 10am. The sorting out takes 3/4 to 1 hour. The Meat Cutter must cut Angus Beef, Free From Beef, Premium Beef, Lamb cuts, 2 types of all varieties of Lethbridge Pork & Free From Pork.

Very demanding work environment or hectic & stressful.
Pros
Double Pay on General Holidays
Cons
Various hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.