Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,065 reviews matching the search
Nice work environment and coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of punching into work and either having a bagging or cashier shift. It is typically a 4 hour shift. What I dislike about the store is their disorganization. Throughout the day as a cashier, we deal with a few wrong price tags resulting in free products. My co-workers are awesome and always happy. Everyone gets along greatly. The job is very simple and it is fun to interact with customers. I would like a few more hours in order to pay for my schooling but Loblaw's is constantly hiring new people, resulting in everyone else getting fewer hours, which i don't appreciate.
Pros
Fun and enjoyable environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place
Grocery crew member (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCMarch 17, 2016
Nice co workers. Worked part time. worked an over night shift so it was pretty stressful considering.
got familiar with how stores are been run in canada.
the management was supportive of employees decisions to make the working environment a better place
Flexible with schedule, but awful management.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
It's a job that needs experience and it helps expand your knowledge in the loss prevention field. Unfortunately the management that controls the loss prevention lacks professionalism. Bad communication and apprehension policies for both internal and external are ludicrous. As a person with many years of experience, I was disappointed.
Pros
Flexible with schedules and weekends off
Cons
Horrible communication
Terrible place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 20, 2016
I only stayed 1 week at this job as it was not what I expected. Even the most simple tasks are made difficult because the freezer where you get your products out of is usually filled with baking racks that are in your way. Also I was told to just climb on top of boxes of food to get to the boxes in the back.
Hygiene takes a back seat as well. I am surprised people are not getting sick.
Pros
Cons
minimum wage
Long time employed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Kelowna, BCFebruary 22, 2016
I am a long time employee with this company.
I work four days per week and get a good hourly wage.
There is usually free food in the lunch room.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good for people who don't want many hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 28, 2016
This job was not a very good one. The employers do not care much for their employees. They will promise promotions with out ever giving them to make you work harder. Also, the hours are very scarce, giving only up to 11 hours a week even with fully open availability.
Pros
Many breaks
Cons
The people and surroundings
Forward looking business model to maintain industry edge
Data Storage Systems and Solution Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton , ONJuly 9, 2016
Moderate work environment, leading Canadian retail organisation with businesses focused on grocery, gas bars, health care and support.

Financial institution data management and support.
Pros
Colleague discount program available for items on promotion
Cons
Jobs Outsourcing
Bad work environment/ Sr. management is awful
Sr. Payroll Analyst/Team Lead, Franchise Payroll (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 12, 2016
Salary is not competitive for the amount of work you are expected to do. The Sr. Management in the payroll department is awful, horrible to work with. Middle management isn't much better with the exception of one but one out of 3 isn't reason enough to stay.
Lenient workplace where everyone was willing to help.
Night crew (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2016
I worked at Loblaws when I was recently out of high school, it's a good job that I would recommend to any high school graduate looking to make some extra money. The people were friendly and willing to help when you asked for it. It's always interesting to see how stores like this operate behind the scenes to stay looking kept up and fresh. Stocking shelves was basic work that doesn't need much explanation.
Pros
decent hours, clean, coworkers always willing to help
Cons
not many
Work, life balance not entirely great
Merchant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 23, 2016
Very "old boys club" regarding management

Co worker counterparts great to work with.

Family/ work balance is not great. Expected to work above your level with little recognition.
Sad place to work
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONDecember 1, 2015
Used to be a great place to work, 20 years ago. Now, it's all about the business, no room here for anyone with a family. Evening and weekend work mandatory. Managers don't care about you, only the bottom line. Expect your hours to get cut regularly. And customers to complain there's no one there to serve them. Not enough hours given to get the job done, but get it done anyway. Most long time employees stressed, due to workload expectations. Other than that it's great. Coworkers are awesome, we're all miserable together.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Ridiculous expectations, little to no help or feedback from management. You're on your own here.
Great location to work at, good benefits
Pharmacist/Assistant Manager/Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 19, 2016
Amazing work environment. Very supportive staff and management. Hours of work ranged between 9-5 pm or 2-10 pm. Most enjoyable part of work was being able to assist patients with their medication needs and counselling about medication use.
Loblaws Nightshift shipper receiver baker operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONJuly 31, 2016
Loblaws has always been behind me even after today being retired. I was between life and death back in the 1990's and I had full cooperation and support from them I will never forget how they stood beside me and my family!!
Pros
Benefits, and bonuses and support
Cons
Employee redderick
Great place to work with helpful staff.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ONApril 11, 2016
The day would start with a thorough check on safety products, cleanliness of workplace and stocking of shelves where necessary. This would continue throughout the day whenever possible (not serving customers).

My co-workers were always helpful and friendly and so was the management staff.

The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy boxes and the cold room.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people (customers and staff).
Pros
Clean workplace and great staff
Cons
Irregular hours.
Lack of staff
Photolab Technician and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2016
the job I do right now is difficult because the lack of staff and the cutbacks iin hours makes the staff and the customers irritated and frustrated.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the employees have a good working relationship and most of the customers are nice.
its a productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 10, 2015
Working at Loblaws for the past 7 years as made me learn a lot of things in my life for example: While speaking with my customers I managed to perfect my spoken English, how to deal with customers properly, how to help my teammates in need, how to multi-task, how to respect the environment at work and through the years I have developed a lot of respect to my co-workers and my managers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers because you never know what type of day that they've had so they could be really happy or really mad so that is why you try to keep a really big smile and make sure that at the end of the order you served the customer properly so that they can leave happy. My teammates, since I've been there are really nice and that is why to me respect is key at work plus the management is pretty good because they treat there employees with good manners and they realize the mistakes they do which happens once in awhile, all you have to do as an employee is go talk to her/him to fix the problem as fast as possible.
Managed all fay to day tarnsactions
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 8, 2016
Store Manager Daily Tasks are the following but not limited to:

400 plus unionized employees.
15 Salaried Managers
Shrink Control
Inventory Management.
Product Recalls
Manager Reviews
Staff Engagement Score
Only Good For Students
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKJune 29, 2016
My workplace was terrible. I wonder how bad it would be to work there if it wasn't unionized.

Office staff was not easy to deal with.

A very demanding workplace. They expected you to work part time but do the work of a full time employee.

I am kind of embarrassed to say that I worked there.
Pros
good for students
Cons
poor pay, low hours, job not secure
Very stable and interesting job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 30, 2015
Fun place to work with very stable hours.
Cash out costumers and handle costumer situations.
Understanding management and friendly.
Friendly and welcoming co-workers who are willing to help.
Hardest part is to deal with new situations and not know what to do, with challenging costumers.
Most enjoyable part is seeing costumers multiple times and being able to have a light fun conversation and make sure they leave with a happy experience.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Standing in one spot for your shift.
3 hours of fun
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 8, 2016
I've worked at Loblaw's for pharmacy co-op. Sort medication, stocked medication and counted medication. This what I did for the majority of the days . I learned to be precise and fast, and to keep the costumers happy. The hardest part of the job was finding where to stock the medications
Pros
Passed the class
Cons
repetitive