Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Long time employed
Cashier (Current Employee), West Kelowna, BCFebruary 22, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I am a long time employee with this company.
I work four days per week and get a good hourly wage.
There is usually free food in the lunch room.
Productive /hard labour
Picking/Skid Builder (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: GOOD MONEY
Cons: LONG HOURS
Good company to work for if your willing to be full time and for money you can work long hours and not notice the weeks going by you get trained with machinery and lifting a lot of boxes for this company but overall good place to work for full time people willing to working in storage company
Great place to work while going to school.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: Easy scheduling
Cons: Not very stimulating tasks.
Very flexible and accommodating scheduling. Always a fun and pleasurable environment. Good, friendly relationships with managers easily established.
Awful management
Hot Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: Unionized
Cons: Long hours, inconsistent schedules, poor management (especially in regards to the union)
Management was sub par. Meaning that they didn't properly know how to communicate with the union. Workers who were lazy/rude/demeaning never got fired, because they could complain to the union that they were being unfairly penalized, and then management would back off.

Although they attempted to bring an upbeat work culture into the workplace, both store managers that I worked under failed to consistently encourage the managers under them, as well as the common clerks in the store.

As is typical of retail work, the hours are long and inconsistent. The only time periods that I had hours that weren't like this were when I served as a Assistant Department Manager for a total period of a month.
Relaxed place to work to
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee), Surrey GuildfordFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: No Food incentive or additional incentive
Cons: Slow work Place
Loblaw's is a good experience but i did not find the location very interesting. Less supervision. Kioks should be on the front not in the hidden on a corner.
Decent place to work and gain a knowledge and understanding of the retail environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Pros: Free 15 minute break
It was always a good day working at Loblaws. We as a department would always work as a team and get the job done with excellence.
Productive, and helpful staff
Assembler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Pros: driving electric pallet jack, free fruits at lunch break.
Cons: 10 hour shift, working inside the freezer.
very hard and cold work environment but excellent at gaining muscles and also good exercise. the electric pallet jack was very enjoyable to drive around the warehouse. The management were very respectful and helpful all around. The hardest part about the job was being able to lift boxes inside the freezer only because it was very cold temperature. My co-workers i got along with good. The most enjoyable part of working there was mostly driving the electric pallet jack.
It's a good place to gain experience.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Good start up job.
Cons: Can be stressful, and wage progression is almost none.
This place is a good starting job for students or anyone who needs a job. The workplace environment can be fun, but depending on the manager in charge it can be stressful and dissatisfying. I have learned some skills, such as, communication skills, customer relations, inventory control, purchasing and money management.
good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 10, 2016
good place to work and lots of great people working there. Work life balance is not great and they will constantly push you for more.
Basic Job
Photographer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Typical day can range from nothing to do, to the printer malfunctioning, me and my coworker (with 3 extra years experience than me) work on fixing them commercial photo printer.

Good job for school, not good living wise, not enough coworker involvement in terms of advancing the departement in a fashion that would best suit the customers.

Ex. it took 1 1/2 years for a photo studio to start selling frames and only were given about 40-50 frames because it was a seasonal item.
(we had to bulk order and stash them so we could sell them throughout the year even though they are supposed to be seasonal)
Worst place ever
Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Piece of poo job, my supervisor treated me like dirt on the road, and all the managers were fake as ever there, so glad I'm out of there and working somewhere where people actually have some respect for each other.
Work was difficult but I learned packing
Order Picker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 8, 2016
The work at Loblaws was physical but i learned how to properly pack skids and wrap them so there were no accidents in the work place.
Not a great place
Transportation Planner (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Cons: Your days could be between 4 hours and 12 - theres no way to tell
Poor management, no benefits (contracted through protemps) with no moving up or being hired on in the near future after 2 years of being here.
i have enjoyed working for loblaws superstore. have been there for 5 and half years
grocery clerk (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 5, 2016
help customers locate the item they are looking for. fill shelves with stock. check for out dated stock. reduce close to expired items
Cashier at loblaws
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: CO-WORKERS
Cons: the pay was bad.
I worked at Loblaw's many years ago. I loved working there it was one of my favorite jobs I ever had. I got to talk to people everyday. Also had great co-workers and my manager was very great.
Fun and engaging
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: huge company, lots of things to learn
Cons: IT department is very fast paced
It was a co-op program for a year in the IT department. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help. The owner of the internship program encourages all interns to pursue interests that is related to IT and he offers to help direct to the right people if need be. Overall, there are a lot of areas to explore and I would do it again.
Work/personal life balance
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Moose Jaw, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: end of the year bonus for the Pharmacist
Cons: nothing that i see
I will say that management is very helpful.
you get enough support staff so that you can plan your work duties and also the personal life properly with less workload
productive and fun
Cash, Customer service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: working as a team
Cons: employees dont take their job seriously.
I learned from working at Loblaws, how to deal with rude costumers, It also improved my customer service skills. Greeting costumers and putting a smile on their face after along day makes my day way better . I feel so much better making people come back to my line just to be served by me!
Great work environment and people. but salary and advancement could be better
Sr. Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Great work environment and great people, but job advancement opportunities and salary could be much better. Had excellent coworkers on my team and loved the culture and work space, but work is a but work can be routine and there isn't any clear advancement structure.
Flexibility
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
A great place to work with management that encourages flexibility and learning by employees. It really makes the office environment a healthy one
Headquarters