Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,441 reviews matching the search
Slacker you got it made. If you work hard and do a good job you now get to finish the slackers job. No incentive to go above and beyond,
Baker (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 June 2017
They unwilling to listen even if you can show the positive points. Management only cares when their bosses have said they were going to arrive then it's all hands on deck. Unless management is under the microscope the customers are nothing but a after thought. As I have discover most store level management have worked most of their lives their which is not all bad, but what they call experience is in reality lack of experience. Experiencing a wide variety of thinks brings you true experience
Pros
10% discount on over priced products
Cons
Unwilling to listen, don't care about the customers, only worry about upper management
Snow is your worst enemy.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 June 2017
The hardiest part of the job is pushing carts when there is snow on the ground. As this happens in the winter when most others are in school we often would have to do it by our self's.
No backbone or care factor for employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON19 June 2017
The store where I worked at had no respect for the clerks, they treated their cashiers as expendable to make the customers feel good even if they were in the wrong. I have seen cashiers crying with no support from the manager who knew the cashier was innocent. The management did not show any professionalism as all rather only offering assistance to certain departments or individuals and only in their interest. After working for them for 2 years I started to feel more healthy when I started to work for a similar company that had a much better management that recognizes the hard work of their workers and that supports them instead of punishing and talking behind their backs. We also had nights that we were severely understaffed and were offered no help to cope with the labor deficit for the night but then were expected to still carry out all duties.
Horrible place to work, horrible managers
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC17 June 2017
I worked in the meat department as a meat clerk for almost 2 years and I thoroughly hated it. The first few months were great, but it all went downhill from there. The managers are horrible, a few were good but the managers of the meat department are horrible at their job. Several people quit working there while I was working there, most couldn't handle the managers or the work environment. I asked to be relocated a few times and was never moved, despite job postings being posted almost every other week... This job is also very repetitive and requires you to do lots of work. Covering both seafood and the meat department. The only thing that was good about working here was the benefits.
Pros
Free meals once in a while, some good managers
Cons
Horrible department managers, terrible work environment, varying hours
okay place
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 June 2017
I very much loved my job. a few pointers that location needed is proper training for front end on both curtesy and cash. As well as the managers need to be able to deal with the bad customers without making it look like their employees are just lazy brats who were trying not to do their job. Head office would give curtesy a set of rules we followed them. Or tried to till the managers would do as they please and make us look incompete.

again I loved my job just wished the managers were a little more co-operative.
Pros
great co workers.
Cons
not reasonable enough benefits and union cost to much.
There are so many Filipinos (Philippines) working there
FINANCE CLERK - Term (Pinnacle Staffing Solutions) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
I have learned many things in Loblaws, and one of them is SAP Accounting Software. Some finance managers will help / guide you step by step to be familiar with the software, but some managers will let their staff to train the newly hired employees.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tissue for term employees
Cons
Limited work for temporary employees
Comfortable , productive
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
Nice laid back job independent with minimal supervision, comfortable. Overnight made it tough. Led to my eventual departure but overall the job was smooth.
Environnement très agréable.
Superviseur caisse (Former Employee) –  Victoriaville, QC13 June 2017
J'ai beaucoup aimer travailler pour cette compagnie.
Pros
Carte rabais employés
Cons
Produit pas toujours disponibles
good workplace environment
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, QC13 June 2017
good work for part time
friendly colleagues
There is flexibility for shifts
discount for employees for grocery
very clean store
access by car trasnportation is easy
canadian superstore
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON10 June 2017
union makes it near impossible to get fulltime hours. Workers get away with lots. Organized and easy going atmosphere. Managers were involved and approachable
Pros
one stop shopping
Cons
no advancement

Want to know more about Loblaw?

Ask a question
very productive and a fun place to work.
Order picker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 June 2017
It was a great experience to work with so many people as a team and I got to learn so many new things about working in a fast paced environment where time was of utmost value.
chill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 June 2017
working here was okay. Staff and management were cool. Customers are often a pain but thats to be expected. Also I got paid every week instead of bi weekly which was quite nice.
Good Part-time job
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  yonge and eglinton9 June 2017
If your a student looking for a part-time job this is a great job to have not too much work as it is not over demanding so you can balance your work life and school work and have a social life
Pros
good hours
Cons
nothing
No job security
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 June 2017
I found that to move up in this company favortism plays a big role. If you are in the upper managements inner circle they will look after you if not then your potential to grow is very small.
Great Environment to work in
Server (Former Employee) –  650 Dupont Street6 June 2017
- Amazing staff was very helpful when I first started and continued to be helpful for the time I worked there for.
- The environment was well clean and ready everyday to work in.
If you want to sleep all day and work all night
Night crew , Stock person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2017
The hardest part of nightcrew is adjusting your sleeping time, besides that you need good physical health and good use of your arms and legs. Benefits are annual and youll receive a 10% discount card.
Pros
Benefits, weekly pay, vacations
Cons
Hours, advancment
Productive and fun place to work
HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
I would come and organize and stock up all the food items in the department. I learned to prep chicken, soups, vegetables and pizza dough. I also helped out a lot of customers in helping them find the right products and served them . The manager at the department was quite rude and used a lot of profanity , she wouldn't let you skip a day of work even if you were sick, but thanks to the other managers we were allowed to take a day off. The hardest part of the job was to clean the chicken rotisserie due to the fact that it would take a long amount of time to clean as there were various procedures in cleaning it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with teammates.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Bad Manager
Fun Productive workplace
HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 June 2017
A typical day at loblaws is actually really nice the customers are always very friendly and respectful and the co-workers and managers are very nice and understanding people. I learned a lot about customer service and also how to prep and cook food.
une belle place mais avec une maniere de gerer qui nuisais a une bonne ambiance de travaille
Boucher (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC2 June 2017
LA facon dont les responsable dirige les employer , rendais l'ambiance de travaille assez tendu
Pros
10 % de rabais employer sur la marchandise, contact direct avec les client. beau magazin renover
great company
Employee,meat clerk,health and beauty clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 June 2017
hate this place department managers are great but the store managers are terrible. This store alone put multiple ppl on stress leave myself included. i have only worked at the one store but ive had 3 terrible managers, i was hired while we had an amazing manager who was super strict but listened to what ppl had to say, then when he became a district manager and we got a guy who was trying to fire anyone who had worked there for more then a year, then we had a guy who thought it was ok to throw things at his employees, and now they have a lady who has put 4 ppl in the hospitable with stress my mother included and now she has depression ....company in general could be better if they looked at the store managers better. and they need to do some interviews withe random employees so they can stop some of the abuse.
Pros
could luck out with amazing manager who makes you love your job even though he is strict
Cons
could up with abusive boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.