Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,207 reviews matching the search
Good company
General Merchandise Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2016
This is a large mature organization that keeps redefining itself. There is no shortage of opportunities to grow within the organization across a number of industries (retail, banking, real estate, fashion, enterprise). They are highly focused on employee programs that make it an attractive retailer.
looking for part time pharmacy assistant
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 December 2016
I have been working in pharmacy since I graduated from college. It has been 4 years since and I gained quite a lot of experience. I am excellent at customer service and I try my best to be positive in every situation. I know how hard it can be sometimes with different customers where they do not want to wait or pay for the prescription differences. I am very friendly with my coworkers as well. I never really had any problem with my coworkers. I still have contacts with my previous two company coworkers. I think the most exciting part about pharmacy job is that to have multitask. I enjoy it. I always willing to seek help from pharmacist if something I do not understand. I do not think it is smart to do things my own if I do not know it. I did ordering, putting out OTC's, counting the medications and typing as well as cleaning around the pharmacy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Loblaw is a great company to work for
Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 December 2016
I have been with loblaw for 2 years and have not had a bad experience. I admit the pay could be better but the atmosphere is great. I have enjoyed my job and my managers are always there to help
Pros
Free cookies and daily meetings
Cons
Not enough pay
good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 December 2016
this place is a good place to work and excellent incentives if able to reach the picking goals. start at 10AM and get piece count and then go and pick the orders till done
Productive workplace
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 December 2016
Inventory control
Quality control
Ordering product
Schedualing employees
Safety standards
Customer service
Entering and receiving computer information
It's ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON22 December 2016
The Job doesn't offer any advancement, the wage isn't anywhere near the workload you have. Management is very poor. Everyone points the finger instead of working together.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
To many to list
good good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2016
great .. if I got another part time job elsewhere I would still work weekends there to get benefits. good good good good. how much more can I say. we are jolly and multicultural.
benefits
Cons
disgruntled customers
Friendly and helpful staff that look out for eachother.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 December 2016
Many days could feel quite boring as you spend a lot of time standing without many customers. All of my coworkers were super friendly and kind hearted and always helped me if I had to take off a shift. Management can be difficult but if you are reasonable and respectful they will be too. The hardest part of the job are the long days but the job can be fun too, especially when working with the customers. This job will show you how important patience is and will teach you to deal with difficult customers while keeping a friendly and polite demeanor.
Fun workplace but heavily monotonous with no progression
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 December 2016
I worked here as a grocery clerk for a year and found the work environment to be disfunctional and boring. The managers are clueless and the employees are all thieves. The work is easy if you don't die of boredom first.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No flexible hours for students, Bad management, no progression
A positive environment to work in.
produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 December 2016
The workplace environment could be enjoyable because of my co-workers. I learned the need to clear communication, cooperation,
and a sense of humor. The hardest part of the job was some of the technological advances required and adjustment to constant change.
The most enjoyable part of the job was repeat customers who appreciated your custormer service. I was fortunate to have personable managers who cared about their staff.
Pros
Regular pay increases and holiday pay.
Cons
Difficult to advance
First Datacenter Project Move
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2016
This was the first Datacenter move we did, it was a good experience and was an eye opener to see how retails companies function
Pros
Good experience from an IT prospective
Cons
cold have had more challenging projects.
Bullies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE6 December 2016
Awful moral. Favouritism is rampid in this company. It's not how hard you work, it's who you know. Wouldn't work there again if it was the last place on earth.
Pros
Minimal raises
Cons
great experience as a first job
food clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Loblaws is great, I've learned how to properly handle food, I've made many customers happy with the purchase of what they need and also I got to make a lot of friends at work since everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
long breaks for full time shifts
Cons
lack of hours
my cashier postion
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2016
i like seeing new faces everyday ,and i was glad all customers that left my cash always left with a smile .Cashier postion was straight forward ,i always kept area clean and always made sure i gave the right amount of change .
It is a warehouse.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2016
Assemble and label pallets of products according to orders received from stores. Maintain a production standard on a time per case picked basis.
Reaching quota or percentage within a supportive management
Order Assembler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 December 2016
Preparing stocks from different supermarkets and hit the target quota for your performance. Management is very supportive for every new colleague. My co-workers are supportive as well. The hardest part of the job is that I need to hit the target quota/volume percentage every day.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
Reaching quota
About me an work
Customer service / cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 November 2016
I am currently working at customer service as well as cashier price checker self check out attendant an sometimes supervising. I do enjoy my job yet have come to the point where I want weekends off with my family. I'm looking for something Wednesday Thursday an Friday.
Hardest part is the hours. So in January I will be working Monday an Tuesday. I feel like my hard work is at times over looked. I have only missed 2 days in 16 years an I have never been late.
I am hoping to find something to fill my days an to keep myself busy. I do enjoy the public yet also work very well alone.
Pros
People I work with are fun an I enjoy the customers
Cons
Work hours all over the place no balance in life
Good Company
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2016
Exciting organizational changes - i.e. new acquisitions.
Fast paced and fun working environment. Challenging roles with opportunities for advancement.
closed down but it was great
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  saint-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC29 November 2016
they closed down so it doesn't really matter but it was amazing working there, boss was hilarious and kind and so were the workers and customers .
fast paced competitive environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
worked as a cashier as well at the hot foods to go section, taking payments from customers, clean up workplace, put away inventory, closed the section after hours