Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company, very flexible
Night Crew (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Working at the store is very convenient, and all of the colleagues I worked with made me feel welcome and valued. overall i would suggest others looking for part time work to try to work here because it is a great place to work at.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unorganized management at some stores
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
Worst 3 years of my life, Management is rude and doesn't care about any of the employees, horrible hours, the only good thing about Loblaws was the paid breaks, benefits, and the double time on boxing day.
Pros
paid breaks, 10% discount card, benefits
Cons
Management, hours, dirty workplace, treated like a slave
productive and fun
Cash, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 27, 2016
I learned from working at Loblaws, how to deal with rude costumers, It also improved my customer service skills. Greeting costumers and putting a smile on their face after along day makes my day way better . I feel so much better making people come back to my line just to be served by me!
Pros
working as a team
Cons
employees dont take their job seriously.
Okay job, good for entry level student work
Dairy/ Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 26, 2015
This job was pretty good, I worked there for 6 months and was treated relatively well by management. the pay was minimum wage, as expected from a grocery store. my co-workers were the biggest thing I disliked about this job. for some people they would be fine, but I just did not like them personally and I felt they treated the customers and other coworkers badly. eventually that was the main reason I quit.
Very Productive company lots of benefits.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2016
It was a great place to work and I would recommend this company to others. Productive, benefits are good and just a great working atmosphere and there is scope for growth in this company.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Sometimes have to work from home
Great work environment and people. but salary and advancement could be better
Sr. Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Great work environment and great people, but job advancement opportunities and salary could be much better. Had excellent coworkers on my team and loved the culture and work space, but work is a but work can be routine and there isn't any clear advancement structure.
Good as a First/Student Job
LOBLAWS NATURAL VALUE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
The work is not difficult; employees are trusted with a good amount of responsibility. A worker must be in good physical health as he/she is required to lift, push, and pull products. Co-workers are generally respectful, as respectful as any typical work environment. Hardest part of the job is handling customers who expect you to know more than what you're trained for (like product ordering and alternating prices) but managers are more than willing to deal with those customers. Discount is 10% off products for employees working there for 6 months. Customers in this department will also ask a lot of questions about the alternative choices like soy, gluten-free, GMO-free products, where products are from, etc. So be ready to do some research.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Clientele has higher than usual expectations
its okay if you have ran out of luck of finding a job
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 29, 2016
you have to be a machine to work in that dead life I mean c'mon they expect a 3oo order done under 42 minutes and you gotta keep the pilet still so at best you'll do 1 hour and 30 min but that's not expectable so if your a crack head with lots of energy this might be a job for you!
Fun workplace with energetic co-workers
FRONT END CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Don Mills, ONMay 5, 2016
learned alot, how to have patience with customers, and different codes needed to cash their purchases. The management is very organized here. The most enjoyable part of thejob is working with my co-workers and dealing with such amazing customers
Very flexible hours, Mostly good managers
Grocery replenishment (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Solid experience, good company, pretty good job overall. essentially just making displays, customer service, rearranging skids in the back room and other simple tasks.
Pros
Free lunches, employee discount, flexible hours
Cons
Heavily seniority based, Hard to gain hours
Great College's make a great workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2015
My day start's randomly can be anywhere between 6am-630pm.
A lot of standing and scanning not much space to move around and stretch your legs which hurts after standing in the same spot for 8 hours.
I learned that you can't make everyone happy and that my colleges will support me more than my manager's.
The management isn't all bad some are fun to work with and some are way too tense so not much creativity can be done.
The hardest part of the job is probably having to bag groceries to costumers and smile at then while they complain and tell me how bad I am doing at my job.
The most enjoyable part is finishing my shift early and having the rest of the day to myself although doesn't happen much.
Pros
Great Colleges
Cons
Manager's can be moody
Fun and Mentally stimulating
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 22, 2016
Fill, File, and process prescriptions. Talk to physicians, nurses, patients. Phone prescriptions, email prescriptions. Counting medications. Preparing mixtures, compounds, suspensions, solutions, and creams.

I learned a lot about the inner workings of the health care sector and the chain of information and command between health care providers, pharmacies, and the business aspect of health care.

Loblaw provided fair hours, though they did not cater too well to students.

My co-workers were fantastic, fun, and experienced in the field. They were always willing to teach me new procedures and guide me through processes.

The hardest part of the job was tracking the chain of information from the patient to their nurses/PSWs, to their physicians/surgeons, and to the pharmacy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see customer satisfaction when we delivered their medications in a timely and polite manner.
cooperative co-workers, clean and nice work envoirment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 10, 2015
Performed legal inventory spreadsheet.Performed off site records document inventory projects. did work independently an manage complex tasks without guidance. Efficiently and effectively assigned projects and focused on details. scanning, filing documents.Did work with co-workers very cooperatively. Like work environment and performed job very well with positive attitude.
Pros
some day free lunches, friendly envoirment
Cons
Not a nice place to work.
HMR (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NBJanuary 9, 2016
I often felt under trained, and over worked. I never got time off, and when I did I would often get called in. The management was not bad just unapproachable, and the other employees were not friendly. Out if all of my work experience this one was the worst, and I personally would never step foot in that store again, but its the only grocery store in town.
We Foosball table but employees don't have time to play.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 8, 2016
I've learn a lot in this job, I learned how to drive eletric pallet jack and how to use rf scanner and they thought us a lot about safety and how to communicate with each other.
Pros
Free cookies and candies sometimes plus turkey dinner every December.
Fast pasted
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 4, 2016
- Learning how to master food codes for the different products they have in store.

- meeting and greeting customers

- Working well with my co-workers and managers.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new customers.
Pros
Colleague discounts
Cons
standing for long hours
Depends on what you're looking for
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2016
Great as a start off job for part-time students. Flexible hours worked around school schedule. Not very good for advancement. Benefits only apply to full-time workers.
Pros
Schedule around your availability
Cons
Inconsistent management, no benefits for part-timers
You get what you are paid for
assembler (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 6, 2015
The job is challenging because you are expected to be fast, speedy and accurate. Your performance is monitored every seconds. The management are always telling us to work smart. But sometimes, with heavy lifting and too much bending, my back and knees are starting to feel a lil strain. It's a good company tho. Assembler position is good for young adults.Colleagues are very friendly.
Pros
good pay; schedule is very flexible
Cons
physically demanding
not a good place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 21, 2015
a typical day at work would be like any other, go to work frustrated and leave work frustrated, management wanted nothing to do with me other then getting the work done, didn't care about my needs or what i had to say, no desire to keep me or for me to keep this job. coworkers were very pushy and only cared about the work.
Pros
got paid, physical
Cons
poor communication on the company
Lobalw bakery
bakery clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 22, 2015
I enjoy working at loblaws, my co-workers are all very friendly and i have formed great relationships with them. I work in a good environment, i have learned to work in fast paced setting. I enjoy helping costumers very much and i have great costumer service i try and do everything i can until the costumer is satisfied.
Pros
excellent friendly place
Cons
no free time for school