Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Little respect, overworked, no advancement
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: Overworked, no respect, no advancement, gaps between employee workloads
8 years working night shift. There is VERY LITTLE respect towards crew from management to supervisors. No acknowledgment for your hard work. "Good" and "fast" persons are overworked and put in the heaviest aisles while the lazy people are put in the slowest aisles with no training or reprimands for slacking off 75% of their shift, while the hard working employees are actually bashed on for not doing a good enough job!! Hitting a promotion is like winning the lottery...don't count on it.

Continuous payroll problems! They don't listen or abide by contract. No weekends off.

Supervisor turn over is tremendous. Hardly ever train and promote within and always hire or relocate from outside sources or other stores.

Always trying to win the "lowest wage race" or "race to the bottom" like Wal-Mart. Which leads to job insecurity.
Great work, good pay and nice co-workers
Assistant Gérant/Gérant (Current Employee), Laval,QcOctober 24, 2015
Pros: Good salary. Great people. Good insurances.
Cons: Closed down.
Loved my job, had good income and great insurance. I was assistant manager and then Manager of the Bakery and Home made Recipes. Loblaws are closing down Quebec Jan 16th 2016.
Never again.
Bakery Clerk Nights (Former Employee), Chatham OntarioOctober 24, 2015
Pros: A good workout
Cons: Managers make you cry, you get treated like dirt.
I worked in the bakery department on nights, 10:00PM- 6:30AM four nights a week. The management was rude, unprofessional and unapproachable. I worked 3 months and I was spoken about behind my back, rumors were spread by management. By far the most physical job in the department and not a single thank you to be had for the work put it. My work was belittled and unappreciated. I would mever recommend this job to anyone. No human being should be treated the way they are treating people.
Love what u do and ur day goes faster
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with hours
Cons: Better wage
I believe in having fun while at work, getting along with Co workers and managements is important, and a nice wage, u make ur job what it Is, smiling and greeting and listening to staff and customers.
stressfull but fun
assembler (Former Employee), reginaOctober 21, 2015
we did a lot of lifting, and riding the double pallet jacks, the pay was good, if was mind challenging but fun. the pay was satisfying for me but it was less than the effort
good place to learn about foods
Stock Person (Former Employee), High Level, ABOctober 21, 2015
Pros: long lunch
Cons: not good pay
i learned a lot about exotic fruite and had a decent time working there.
would have been better if there was more hours or a little pay raise
Non loyal
Assistant bakery management (Former Employee), HalifaxOctober 20, 2015
I had 20 yrs with superstore and they let me go in 2012 without notice and non just cause ...Was for cost cutting tactics and being non union basically had to move on....They are labeled the SS for a reason and is not hard to figure out...cutbacks come before customers and they expect management to work like a crazed banshee on fire and still want more of them..please do not waste your life here as I had for that long.
my co-worker are so good
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 18, 2015
my last job was some light than this job but am enjoying with this job also because work is work even then light or hard . am doing fun at work place also with my co-workers .
Solid Experience
Sr. QA Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 18, 2015
Never a dull moment
New technology to work with always
Hard to locate owners within teams.
lack of ownership found at times.
always dealing with different types of customers, doing repetitive task
GM Flow Clerk (Current Employee), 1035 Gateway Rd.October 17, 2015
Sometimes having fun working with colleagues and supervisor.
The company give more hours to other department that cause no hours in my department.
Nice friendly Company that gave me a break in Canada
Night Clerk (Current Employee), Heartland, MississaugaOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Select group of workers all helping out when needed, super Mangers
Cons: Night shifts take a toll on the body
Nice place to start off after migrating to Canada. Friendly staff and dependable colleagues. Work in a select team of 8-10 people but well appreciated by Managers.
Night time reduces social interaction with Customers hence Sales and Customer skills wasted. Need to find a more challenging and fun place to work
Easy going place
Driver (Current Employee), Regina, SKOctober 13, 2015
Pros: salary/benefits
Cons: night work
Lots of independance
No one looking over the shoulder all the time
Salary and benefits are outstanding
co-workers are decent
Equipment is well maintained
Management not very effective
good, nice environment to work
clerk (Current Employee), winnipeg, MBOctober 12, 2015
good, nice environment to work, coworkers are very friendly and support when you are in trouble. work time is flexible also we get 10% employee discount on all products and merchandise. good learning about how to handle cash.
Very fun place to work, great employees
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: None
Fantastic place to work. Some of the best memories were created here. I would definitely recommend working at Loblaw. The employees create the work experience, and Loblaw found a way to filter out potential candidates, thus allowing great employees to work.
A safe and respectful environment to work in.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa South, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Free breaks.
Cons: Didn't get paid for the lunch breaks.
Being a deli clerk at Loblaws was a fun job. Had great co-workers. Good rate of pay and learned many valuable skills like how to work with different types of people. Working with people from different religions and cultures and learning new things.
breakfast wormup & exersias
picking (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 4, 2015
Pros: free breakfast &bbq
Cons: work don ontime and more achifmant
to cold to much pushing to get the high % little time management wick you have to fight to get the best power jack every morning my co workers we wear lick tam.
Great starter job with lots of opportunity
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 4, 2015
Pros: Got to travel a lot
Cons: Low pay
I was promoted quickly, learned the grocery industry from the best retailer. Management let you run your own section of the business without interfering a lot. Worst part was the pay was very low. Best part was I could travel as I saw fit.
bad work hours
General Merchandise Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKOctober 3, 2015
5 am start times not ideal for family, short hours wasn't paying good, low wages wasn't paying good. most enjoyable part was helping customers find products they couldn't find on their own.
Working there is fun
Store Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on special holidays
Cons: Minimum wage if part time
Its a wonderful place to work. The team of employees are wonderful person. The atmosphere is good and there are a lot of amazing customers.
fantasitic and easy-going job
Cashier (Former Employee), St.John'sOctober 2, 2015
Pros: 25% discount on monthly bill
It's a nice working place for me, as one of the stuff, I feel comfortable and happiness all the time. It is my first job in Canada and taught me a lot like how to cooperate with colleagues, how to help customers and the importance to maintain a positive attitude. The most interesting part of this job is that I can feel the realization of self-worth, when I finish my daily job the satisfaction filled with my body rather than being exhausted.
Headquarters