Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,130 reviews matching the search
Open and inclusive work environment
Co-op Office Admin trainee (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2016
A typical day at work comes across as fun-filled work environment with an open culture. Time management has been my biggest learning amongst a extremely promising talent pool. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee engagement initiatives as part of what is called within Loblaws as the "Blue culture" as well the phenomenal product promotion deals for Loblaw employees!
fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 October 2016
fun place to work everyone helps each other and no complaints. managers help out when ever needed. work environment is great. good hours for students.
A great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Great place to work, Talent Acquisition team is amazing! The manager are supportive, inclusive and fun. Loblaw and SDM head office and great to work out of.
Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 October 2016
It was a good place to work, I enjoyed it. Good work environment, cooperative colleagues, and skillful management, Flexible hours worked around school schedule.
working there was great
Joe Fresh Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2016
Customer oriented store, fun colleagues to be around. Weekly group hubs for updates and motivation by department heads.great managers who actually care.
Best
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2016
-Started as Clerk, End up as Supervisor, Very Good working respected family environment, lot to learn, and overall Best Experience of my Career.
Fun and easy going work culture
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 October 2016
I had a lot of fun working with Loblaw. They provided me with a great start to my customer service career and helped me gain a lot of experience within the company.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Compensation increase is very slow
order picker
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 October 2016
went through isles picking orders multiple of the same orders. very repetitive which got tiring and boring but the people i worked with always made it fun and interesting.
Excellent
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2016
Able to manage the work life balance effectively and efficiently and the management is always there to assist you with your career advancement as long as you are motivated and dedicated to what you do. However, don't let anyone take you for granted at the same time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Excessive work may lead to burning you out
Good money Bad job
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 October 2016
The money and benefits are good but the management is horrible. The union use to be good but now it is a broken union. The job for a beginner sucks cause all you do is pick orders all day and you are timed. this position has a high injury rate as it is demanding.
benefits
Cons
managment
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2016
I work very independently or with minimum supervision. I have learned what team work is and how we can share and develop skills and ideas. Very supportive management and with all suggestions, training or consultation. Company has great vision and develop new processes as required in the competitive world class market.
Pros
Flexible hours to work/free coffees
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2016
Good wages
Lots of overtime
Benefits were good
co-workers were easy going
supervision was fair
company picnics and events
Pros
paid breaks, overtime
Cons
Place closed long ago
fun workplace and great coworkers
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2016
This job helped me better my skills in customer service and team-work. During holiday times, the workplace was stressful, but we all collaborated as a team and worked together throughout.
Diverse, friendly place to work
Bulk, Produce Clerk, Garden Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB3 October 2016
Comfortable work environment, where I worked in multiple departments after recommendation to work in new departments
loblaws was probably the worst work experience so far.
click and collect (Current Employee) –  Jarvis, ON3 October 2016
it is a very face pace job at times we don't have time for a break. I learned that without team work and communication it is harder to function as a whole. the management isn't the best they are very unorganized. There are some co-workers that slack more then others making the work load bigger then it has to be. The hardest part is getting everything done on time on busy days. There really isn't much of an enjoyable part of the job really.
Cons
unorganized, not a positive place, stressful
Lack of objective
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton3 October 2016
This is most definitely a constructive criticism. Although I had a great experience working at Loblaw Companies, it would be very helpful if management would take their objectives seriously, make them measurable and hold all levels of staff accountable to ensure positive results. It appears that there's a true and honest (even eager) desire to change the culture and get staff onboard but you cannot expect different results by making same mistakes.
Pros
Great facility (Headoffice)
Cons
Big egos easily bruised, too much hidding behind titles
Fast paced with decent employee benefits
Night Crew Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
As a member of the night crew that trained throughout the day, the expectations are certainly much higher at night than they are for crews that work during business hours. It is understandable as day crews have to deal with customer but this means that there will be a lot of rotation and organization left for the night crew.

The hardest part of the job is trying to create for the massive orders we receive leading up to holidays.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that it doesn't require much concentration so you are able to listen to audiobooks as long as you leave an ear free to listen for any communication
Pros
occasional free pizza
Cons
reluctance to hire for full time
Productive, the people working there are friendly.
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 October 2016
Superstore is a great place to start off working if this is your first job. It can teach you plenty of different skills depending on which department you're in. As a courtney clerk, I've learnt mostly people skills and how to help in anyway that I can.
Pros
Short hours, good to start off in the work place or if you're currently enrolled in school
Cons
Not a place you want to make a living out of, to low wage and takes too long to build up to anywhere.
awful place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS1 October 2016
the store manager is a bully and rude! even yells at people. I couldn't get out of the place fast enough!! some of the staff is nice but some will stab you in the back. the store is dirty and they don't fix stuff. All I can say is goodluck!
Pros
Cons
get paid
Skeptical at first but found out it was true
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2016
I was skeptical at first at first reading all the negative reviews here but turned out to be true.

The turn over rate for newly hired employees and temps ranges from just 2 weeks to 2 months.

They are very bias specially against temps and if most of the managers do not like you they will make excuses to fire you. The environment is toxic and you either just stay quiet or else people will police what you are doing and make reasons to make you leave.

Varied management style and no standardized way of doing stuff specially training. Everyone has their own way of doing things.

Be wary of applying specially if you are a temp.
Pros
A lot of possible job opportunities
Cons
Varied management styles as well as bias toward new hires and temps