Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,416 reviews matching the search
There are so many Filipinos (Philippines) working there
FINANCE CLERK - Term (Pinnacle Staffing Solutions) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
I have learned many things in Loblaws, and one of them is SAP Accounting Software. Some finance managers will help / guide you step by step to be familiar with the software, but some managers will let their staff to train the newly hired employees.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tissue for term employees
Cons
Limited work for temporary employees
Comfortable , productive
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
Nice laid back job independent with minimal supervision, comfortable. Overnight made it tough. Led to my eventual departure but overall the job was smooth.
Environnement très agréable.
Superviseur caisse (Former Employee) –  Victoriaville, QC13 June 2017
J'ai beaucoup aimer travailler pour cette compagnie.
Pros
Carte rabais employés
Cons
Produit pas toujours disponibles
good workplace environment
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, QC13 June 2017
good work for part time
friendly colleagues
There is flexibility for shifts
discount for employees for grocery
very clean store
access by car trasnportation is easy
canadian superstore
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON10 June 2017
union makes it near impossible to get fulltime hours. Workers get away with lots. Organized and easy going atmosphere. Managers were involved and approachable
Pros
one stop shopping
Cons
no advancement
very productive and a fun place to work.
Order picker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 June 2017
It was a great experience to work with so many people as a team and I got to learn so many new things about working in a fast paced environment where time was of utmost value.
chill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 June 2017
working here was okay. Staff and management were cool. Customers are often a pain but thats to be expected. Also I got paid every week instead of bi weekly which was quite nice.
Good Part-time job
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  yonge and eglinton9 June 2017
If your a student looking for a part-time job this is a great job to have not too much work as it is not over demanding so you can balance your work life and school work and have a social life
Pros
good hours
Cons
nothing
No job security
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 June 2017
I found that to move up in this company favortism plays a big role. If you are in the upper managements inner circle they will look after you if not then your potential to grow is very small.
Great Environment to work in
Server (Former Employee) –  650 Dupont Street6 June 2017
- Amazing staff was very helpful when I first started and continued to be helpful for the time I worked there for.
- The environment was well clean and ready everyday to work in.
If you want to sleep all day and work all night
Night crew , Stock person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2017
The hardest part of nightcrew is adjusting your sleeping time, besides that you need good physical health and good use of your arms and legs. Benefits are annual and youll receive a 10% discount card.
Pros
Benefits, weekly pay, vacations
Cons
Hours, advancment
Productive and fun place to work
HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
I would come and organize and stock up all the food items in the department. I learned to prep chicken, soups, vegetables and pizza dough. I also helped out a lot of customers in helping them find the right products and served them . The manager at the department was quite rude and used a lot of profanity , she wouldn't let you skip a day of work even if you were sick, but thanks to the other managers we were allowed to take a day off. The hardest part of the job was to clean the chicken rotisserie due to the fact that it would take a long amount of time to clean as there were various procedures in cleaning it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with teammates.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Bad Manager
Fun Productive workplace
HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 June 2017
A typical day at loblaws is actually really nice the customers are always very friendly and respectful and the co-workers and managers are very nice and understanding people. I learned a lot about customer service and also how to prep and cook food.
une belle place mais avec une maniere de gerer qui nuisais a une bonne ambiance de travaille
Boucher (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC2 June 2017
LA facon dont les responsable dirige les employer , rendais l'ambiance de travaille assez tendu
Pros
10 % de rabais employer sur la marchandise, contact direct avec les client. beau magazin renover
great company
Employee,meat clerk,health and beauty clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 June 2017
hate this place department managers are great but the store managers are terrible. This store alone put multiple ppl on stress leave myself included. i have only worked at the one store but ive had 3 terrible managers, i was hired while we had an amazing manager who was super strict but listened to what ppl had to say, then when he became a district manager and we got a guy who was trying to fire anyone who had worked there for more then a year, then we had a guy who thought it was ok to throw things at his employees, and now they have a lady who has put 4 ppl in the hospitable with stress my mother included and now she has depression ....company in general could be better if they looked at the store managers better. and they need to do some interviews withe random employees so they can stop some of the abuse.
Pros
could luck out with amazing manager who makes you love your job even though he is strict
Cons
could up with abusive boss
Flexible workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NS1 June 2017
Very flexible for hours while I am in school. it is a pretty good environment, and everyone is very friendly. I have been with the company for a little over 5 years, and it has been a great experience!
Pros
flexibility
challenging and fun workplace
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 June 2017
-the work is about to be dynamic and patient with customers
-it's a safe place to work in
-generally, the management is patient and supportive. it's mostly a team work
Pros
Interact with customers
Great hours and getting to engage with customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 June 2017
All I do as a cashier at Loblaw's, is engage with customers and cash them out which I did enjoy doing sometimes. When its a slow day, I clean my area and make sure products are presentable for the customer. Sometimes there may not be anything to do but stand and wait for a customer. I have learned great customer service skills at this job and also have learned how to deal with cheques, coupons, and how to work with debit machines. The workplace culture here was diverse, which I liked. The only hard thing about my job was working holidays because there would be massive line ups and I would be working in an extremely fast pace environment during those times. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go out to places like blue jays game and having a boat party with my job.
Pros
was able to work here while in school. Great hours!
Cons
not being able to switch shifts
Terrible work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS1 June 2017
Tons of favoritism and seniority that goes against company policy. Over scheduling(10 days, 8days in a row etc), inconsistent hours, workplace drama, incompetent, unproffesional management. No confidentiality what so ever. 6 employees have quit the front end in under 2 weeks due to lack of employee appreciation, recognition and genuine respect. I would not recommend working at Superstore or a Loblaws company to anyone.
Pros
You can get away with anything!
A good company and advancement opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL30 May 2017
After 18 years my only reason for leaving was change in my personal life, Loblaws is a very diverse company, they care about the community and those in it..
Pros
salary, opportunity, culture
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval