Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,350 reviews matching the search
Average Workplace
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 April 2017
Management is ignorant yet other staff is friendly. It is not a competitive workplace. It is hard on your feet as the job involved long standing periods. Overall, it is an average work environment.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON28 April 2017
I have worked for Loblaws for 5.5 years now and still currently work there until I find a new job. Our management is rude and disrespectful to employees, they don't listen to you, if a customer complains about you they don't want to listen to your side of the story they just wright you up and threaten to fire you.

The hours are minimal when your first hired, the work is relatively simple but most employees are lazy and don't actually do there jobs, the ones that do get no recognition. There is no hope in ever having a full time position at this company.

The customers are rude, they scream and yell at you for things completely out of your control and when you ask a manager for help they never take your side even when that's the store policy.

The store is open to 7am-11pm and myself working in customer service I find that a waste of utilities and staffing hours. When I work until 11pm in customer service I'm usually sitting around for half of the shift, after I've cleaned, done all my work, restocked and looked after ever single customer need/ listen to them complain/ scream in your face.

You do get a 10% discount card after working there for 6months but it does not work for Milk and a few other products. You do get benefits but they take forever to achieve. After 2 years of work you get dental 80% paid for, after 3 years of work you get prescription paid in full up to $10,000 a year, and eye care up to 80% paid is thrown in there somewhere.

The management don't care about you, never believe you when your sick or need to go home early because your not feeling
  more... well or have an emergency at home. There is no trust what so ever.

If you can help it don't work here you will regret it
Pros
After 3 years of work- benefits
Cons
Everything else you can think of
A good pleace to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 April 2017
a typical day you go in, check emails, talk to your business partners and see what is the next project that you need to work on. Sometimes you are tackling 3 projects at a time so you have to work fast.
Interesting Place to Work
Produce Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
Learned a lot about the grocery business, business processes, and operations management. Enjoyed working on a variety of projects with my team members. Had the opportunity to work in different areas of the company before working in store operations. There are some opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Learning opportunities, Some opportunities for Advancement, Benefits
Cons
Good pay with experience & benefits
Part-time Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  North Delta, BC27 April 2017
Warehouse shipment to store is a mess with no food safe or fragile procedure or common sense. The Meat Cutter must sort or remove items on top of meat boxed items like Seafood, Chicken, Mixed grocery, produce, deli, dairy, etc. I must do all these in timely manner with FIFO (1st in 1st out) by restrict old stock on new one. Most of the time 5 old boxes on 1 New box.

Not to mention done by 1 Meat Cutter his shift is 5:30 - 2pm & the Meat Counter must be fully cut by hand by 10am. The sorting out takes 3/4 to 1 hour. The Meat Cutter must cut Angus Beef, Free From Beef, Premium Beef, Lamb cuts, 2 types of all varieties of Lethbridge Pork & Free From Pork.

Very demanding work environment or hectic & stressful.
Pros
Double Pay on General Holidays
Cons
Various hours
Dynamic and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 April 2017
Its a great and Dynamic workplace with many accepting and friendly people. I felt involved in the day to day processes the minute i stepped inside. The management really makes you feel welcomed.
Not great but not awful, a good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 April 2017
Worked with good people, but I had 3 different bosses in my 2 yrs there and they were both awful. Quit because it became un enjoyable. It's really flexible hours but the pay is not great.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unorganized supervisors
Productive and good exercise for body
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 April 2017
It was a nice experience which made me a stronger person as I was afraid I would not be able to lift that much weights but I was capable enough to give my 98% in job. Working as a team was another plus point where teammate helps whenever you need help.
Management team was always supportive and there to help you maintain your work performance m.
Pros
Health benefits like insurance, dental etc.
Cons
Trouble finding a good headsets and equipment..
a fun safe workplace
Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2017
Lob laws was a great experience for me it taught me a lot of things that i didn't know already. lob laws was a safe environment where everybody was accepted and people were treated fairly .
Pros
union
Cons
n/a
Good people poorly managed
PERPETUAL INVENTORY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2017
Not enough hours. Pay is not enough for the work you do. Always something to do when working, but expected to do more. Employees are covered by a union. Was on Nightshift and hated it,
Pros
Employee Discount Program and Union Benefits
Cons
Only night shift and no room for advancement
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON23 April 2017
Really hate working here. Terrible workers, everyone hates their life, managers are horrible especially store and assistant store managers. No one really does their work
Pros
Accomodate hours
Cons
Terrible workers
productive and fun work place.
Click 'n' Collect (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job at Loblaws was making a customer happy.I also learned a lot about time management and working efficiently on a tight schedule.
benefits
Cons
unstable hours
very stressful when bosses are micro managing
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2017
as a department manager,you cannot decide anything, when you do
you are put down.
They don't like or listen to new ideas.
Some employees have been there too long and they won't try anything new.(MORE PRODUCTIVE WAYS)
No work life balance
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2017
need more hours to run store, long hours, hard to find employees for night shift, more training required for managers, instead of delegating management should also work
Pros
Cdp
A good company
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 April 2017
provides work life balance even one of the busiest pharmacy in British Columbia. Nice supporting staff and ample opportunity to learn as current medical clinic proximity with pharmacy.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Quick paced, serious about guidlines
Shelf Stocking Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2017
Loblaw is the literal meaning of there's a place for everything, and everything is in it's place. The training is clear as to how they want shelves stocked and organized, and the work is quick. It's still a relaxed environment with who you work with so most of the time, it doesn't even feel like work.
Pros
Long shifts
Cons
Tired and sore at the end of the shift
multiculturaliste
Gérant du département d'épicerie (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
excellente entreprise de quartier

embauche et formation du personnel

service à la clientèle

gestion de la production
Pros
motivant
Cons
traffic
Productive and Fun wokrplace
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 April 2017
Loblaw is Food distribution company based in Regina. A typical day at Loblaw will start with a quick huddle to talk about the number of cases that we are expected to ship and receive from this shift.
Pros
decent wages, paid for over performing
opening/closing
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 April 2017
working as a student helped with extra money for school supplies and extra activity spending
greeting patients
opening and closing of department
lock up
It was alright
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2017
A normal day at work would be to come get ready and start bagging groceries. I learned how to endure standing on my feet for long hours and how to use my logic to bag the groceries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.