Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,257 reviews matching the search
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2017
Short time working here however I learned a lot, and kept in pace with the environment and the people around me. They offered great treatment even for employees of a short time.
Pros
Short Placement
Cons
Short Placement
Great learning environmnt and flexibility for students
Student Optician (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 February 2017
As a student optician I was able to get practical experience in my field.
Loblaw was able to accommodate my schedule to allow me to work full time and attend school part time.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Long hours to accommodate school schedule
Overall great experience
Front-End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
It's a wonderful and supportive environment. The hardest part is having the availability requirement. The management really likes to get to know everybody, kinda has a family vibe.
Pros
Your break is always prioritized
Cons
strange hours
loblaw
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 February 2017
good starting job for students
my manager was nice. The store manager was useless, he knew nothing and was a waste of a salary.
The job was easy and the people were cool.
Retail Environment
PART TIME POSITIONS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
Loblaw is a giant retail company who deals primarily in the Grocery marketplace.
Good place to work, could be better.

The co-workers for the most part are all great people, and willing to help out when possible.
Great for the first 5 Years of Career
Assistant Category Manager / Associate Merchant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 February 2017
Great place to learn and grow in your early career.
Awesome facility with on-site Gym, Basketball, Hockey, Volleyball, Laundry and Meditation room.
Productive and fun place witha gym on site
Bilingual Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2017
Nice place to work
Good place for balance work and family life
The quality of the management depend of the manager I did have good manager and bad one.
Worked for company for over 13+ years. After I got capped out n wage was targetted with fake complaints. I am now terminated.
Front end (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 February 2017
Think the store needs management overhauling. This store needs to show staff they are appreciated. Staff needs to be held accountable for their lack of job completion in their deptmt. Management needs to lead by example (ie scanning discount card on orders when on shift. Not allowed for other staff).
Good atmosphere
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 February 2017
Great coworkers, Management does not care about others. Rather than ask you to do a task managers yell at you to get something done even if it requires you not being allowed to take your owed break.
Pros
hours
Friendly and fun enviroment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 February 2017
I've spent just over six months at Loblaw Pharmacy. I started off as a cashier but didn't stay in that position long. At the Loblaw Pharmacy there is a lot of room to grow. Within my six month stay i have advanced three positions with positive encouragement from my colleagues.
Pros
Easy to get time off requests
Cons
Not enough employees
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 February 2017
Good place to work and learn new tasks. safe and friendly environment good supervisors. Best place to check your physical and mental strength Overall.
Managers were snobb
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2017
I worked with very nice people and the managers sometimes treated us like that were better than us. I learned to appreciate everyone that you work with.
Great work atomsphere
Senior Director of Operations AI (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
Good management who communicates daily the successes and expectations of the job.
Solid people willing to help and teach.
A Good Place to work
Analyst - Space Planning (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2017
Certainly one of the best places to work. quite casual work culture. Friendly people. Huge corporate office and mainly lots of parking spots.
Good company to work for who value their employees. The pay is competitive with others in the industry and opportunities for growth are open to all
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  3501 Yonge St15 February 2017
The culture is great. Hard working but laid back.

New management team is very open to new ideas and is constantly seeking ways to improve employee experience.
great work atmosphere, however can be repetitive.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2017
i enjoyed working at loblaws although it would be interesting to have more challenging work to do and less repetitive tasks
Alright place to work...
Picker Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 February 2017
I feel like Loblaws isn't the greatest place to work. They overwork you and don't pay you any respect.

You can get lots of hours sometimes but other times it can be completely dead and you get sent home early.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up to standards while stacking all of the products you pick onto the skids perfectly.

There is no really enjoyable part of the job honestly. I found it enjoyable when I thought of the job as working out.
Pros
Feels like a workout
Cons
difficult work and terrible management
Fun and Stressful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
It it fun to work at Loblaws because there are lot of funny people and good co workers. They will help you every time you have a hard time doing your job.

Only stressful is the challenge of getting your good percentage rating at the end of the day.
Great work experience, enjoyable workplace
Clothing department sales associate (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB13 February 2017
I enjoy working as a sales associate/cashier at Superstore for Loblaw. I have learned great customer service skills as well as task/ time management. My organizational and communication skills have also been exercised efficiently, I have learned to work independently as well as a team with my coworkers.
Pros
Great coworkers and management.
Cons
Shortage of scheduled working hours.
Great opportunities
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
Talented people. Large budgets to work with. Lots of opportunities to move laterally through the organization, Great place to work for students