Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,175 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace
Loss Prevention Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 January 2017
Excellent company to work for, I definitely recommend it.
Great management team.
Great office and environment.
Many locations around Ontario.
Company has a lot of free lunches and team huddle snacks.
There is ample opportunity to change different departments.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2017
it is good place to work but some times its stress full during holiday time but still i can manage it. I got very good experience with this job.i learned very good customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunches and breaks for every 2hours
Cons
i think there is nothing bad about that job
Fun place and recognized company
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2017
The best place I have ever worked. Fun, room for growth, amazing people and staff. The DC closed in 2012 or else I would still be there. Salary is not everything and would have been happy to stay there forever if I could.
Pros
Growth and recognized company. Work perks
Cons
Nothing.
productive
Waitress and counter clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 January 2017
A learning environment. Work ethic, punctuality, organization, professionalism and more were all taught through this job. I gained a great experience specifically; customer service, working with kids, gaining an ability to public speak and work with large groups of people.
Not enough full time staff
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON4 January 2017
It takes an extremely long time for part timers to find opportunities to move to full time positions. Overall it is no different than any other grocery store.
practicum placment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 January 2017
Each department is broken by little sections, which creates more jobs for poeple
so many fields to learn

great quit enviroment, great and kind staff.
Horrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 January 2017
The management was the worst I'd ever seen, being extremely unprofessional and childish. A good high school job, but not fit for anyone older.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Horrible management
Loblaws is the place to be if you want to be poor.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 January 2017
You will get horrible hours.
You will be poor.
You'll probably search for a new job the first week.
Guaranteed. There is a reason people keep quitting loblaws.
Pros
Fantastic people!
Cons
It's based off seniority. You'll forever get the bad end of the stick unless someone retires, quits or dies.
Good company
General Merchandise Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2016
This is a large mature organization that keeps redefining itself. There is no shortage of opportunities to grow within the organization across a number of industries (retail, banking, real estate, fashion, enterprise). They are highly focused on employee programs that make it an attractive retailer.
looking for part time pharmacy assistant
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 December 2016
I have been working in pharmacy since I graduated from college. It has been 4 years since and I gained quite a lot of experience. I am excellent at customer service and I try my best to be positive in every situation. I know how hard it can be sometimes with different customers where they do not want to wait or pay for the prescription differences. I am very friendly with my coworkers as well. I never really had any problem with my coworkers. I still have contacts with my previous two company coworkers. I think the most exciting part about pharmacy job is that to have multitask. I enjoy it. I always willing to seek help from pharmacist if something I do not understand. I do not think it is smart to do things my own if I do not know it. I did ordering, putting out OTC's, counting the medications and typing as well as cleaning around the pharmacy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Loblaw is a great company to work for
Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 December 2016
I have been with loblaw for 2 years and have not had a bad experience. I admit the pay could be better but the atmosphere is great. I have enjoyed my job and my managers are always there to help
Pros
Free cookies and daily meetings
Cons
Not enough pay
good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 December 2016
this place is a good place to work and excellent incentives if able to reach the picking goals. start at 10AM and get piece count and then go and pick the orders till done
Productive workplace
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 December 2016
Inventory control
Quality control
Ordering product
Schedualing employees
Safety standards
Customer service
Entering and receiving computer information
It's ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON22 December 2016
The Job doesn't offer any advancement, the wage isn't anywhere near the workload you have. Management is very poor. Everyone points the finger instead of working together.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
To many to list
good good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2016
great .. if I got another part time job elsewhere I would still work weekends there to get benefits. good good good good. how much more can I say. we are jolly and multicultural.
benefits
Cons
disgruntled customers
Friendly and helpful staff that look out for eachother.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 December 2016
Many days could feel quite boring as you spend a lot of time standing without many customers. All of my coworkers were super friendly and kind hearted and always helped me if I had to take off a shift. Management can be difficult but if you are reasonable and respectful they will be too. The hardest part of the job are the long days but the job can be fun too, especially when working with the customers. This job will show you how important patience is and will teach you to deal with difficult customers while keeping a friendly and polite demeanor.
Fun workplace but heavily monotonous with no progression
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 December 2016
I worked here as a grocery clerk for a year and found the work environment to be disfunctional and boring. The managers are clueless and the employees are all thieves. The work is easy if you don't die of boredom first.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No flexible hours for students, Bad management, no progression
A positive environment to work in.
produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 December 2016
The workplace environment could be enjoyable because of my co-workers. I learned the need to clear communication, cooperation,
and a sense of humor. The hardest part of the job was some of the technological advances required and adjustment to constant change.
The most enjoyable part of the job was repeat customers who appreciated your custormer service. I was fortunate to have personable managers who cared about their staff.
Pros
Regular pay increases and holiday pay.
Cons
Difficult to advance
First Datacenter Project Move
Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2016
This was the first Datacenter move we did, it was a good experience and was an eye opener to see how retails companies function
Pros
Good experience from an IT prospective
Cons
cold have had more challenging projects.
Bullies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE6 December 2016
Awful moral. Favouritism is rampid in this company. It's not how hard you work, it's who you know. Wouldn't work there again if it was the last place on earth.
Pros
Minimal raises