Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive
Demand Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton OntarioMarch 17, 2015
Pros: samples
Cons: growth
Good flexible work enviormnemt and good team synergy. Turnover and change happen frequently so have to be adaptable to change.
A good company to work for
Sr. Financial Analyst-Marketing (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free samples
Cons: working with hierarchy
Typical Day at work:
-Check emails, prioritize tasks, make to-do list, finish clearing out tasks/ To-do lists for the day

What I learned:
-Technical skills, communication skill, financial analysis and planing and etc

Co-workers:
-Nice people to work with.
-They are willing to help me when I need a hand

Hardest part of the job:
-Working with Hierarchy due to the size of the company

Most enjoyable part of the job:
-Assisting people with their requests
Big company
Human Resources/Labour Relations Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 5, 2015
Pros: work life balance and management
Cons: compensation and benefits
Good company to work for but the union is a pain in the a***** they like to take their fees but only support the lazy workers and irresponsible workers. hard to advance as everything is by senority. The long term lazy employees sometimes make more money than the hard working supervisors
Learing new analytical tools in SAP and Excel
Analyst Vendor Service/ AP Analyst (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: new learning in ap
Good experience in learning SAP and Excel, co-workers were good and especially I worked hard during my stay at Loblaw. Good place to learn, but not growth.
worked till physically unable to walk
gm flow,photo, night crew (Former Employee), calgary albertaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: long hours, often unclean and unsafe work place, overworked, little pay
I did photo electronics for over 3 years, in most stores they were in the same place my store they were opposite sides. I ran back and forth all day while battling with customers and trying to pass through till line ups ( photo was near the exit while electronics was in the back cornner). I was also stocking shelves in toys, haba, seasonal and house wears, offten left alone in all departments. Since running around for that long and doing the job of at least 3 people, I am now unable to walk without pain, when trying to ask for a more relaxed possition and going on modified duties they made my life very uncomfortable, the politics of this store was insane! Less drama in a high school girls locker room! Again not a recommended place to work for 10.50, no reasonable hours, the stress far out weights the paycheck!
Accountant
(1) Accountant (Current Employee), bramptonFebruary 15, 2015
Very good place to work for with good learning experience and good food and nice people. strongly recommended for employees
workplace is always safe
Full time mailroom clerk (Former Employee), winnipegFebruary 13, 2015
worked as a distribution clerk hanldes shipping receiving, data entry as well as tracking of items delivered and to be shipped
a fun place to work, friendly people
Floral clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good bennifits and occasional free lunch
Cons: none that i can remember
Always busy, doing routine maintenance on plants and flowers.
Creating floral designer for display and sale, plus custom designs for clients.
Management are very responsive to ideas to better display and sell floral products. They have ears that actually listen.
Co-workers were friendly and very productive. This showed in our floral ranking in the chain.
The hardest part of the job was floral holiday time, such as Christmas, Valentines Day, and of course Mother's Day.
All of the above.
Good
File clerk - summer job (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Very good work placement. I was a seasonal file clerk at loblaw head company in Brampton. It wasn't hard but it wasn't easy but I still reall liked it.
workplace is to service for customer
Inventory Control Analyst (Current Employee), reginaFebruary 4, 2015
hi we work this company as a grocery everyone knows the loblaw they provide no 1 food and service in canada .please check the all details in my resume
Excellent job Environment
Operations Analyst / Batch Process & Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Excellent job Environment, Staff are very cooperative, Management are friendly, and work environment are good. Very close to my house. All IT team are experience and very cooperative to resolve the issue.
It was fun to work.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible lunch hours
Cons: sometimes it takes a lot of physical ability.
As a overnight crew, my task was to stock produce goods in a proper manner. It needed lot of hard work to do it. But, in the end of a shift it always feels good that I did my job perfectly.
It was a pleasure to work there
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: no fingerpointing, just - what are we going to do now?
Cons: the benefits were diminishing slowly but surely
It's a huge company with a big IT department. It was very challenging and therefore interesting to build complex systems processing a million new records per day. Yet the IT jobs were outsourced to India, so I eventually was laid off as were many of my colleagues.
Fun and fashionable
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2015
GAP is one of my favorite retail stores, there for I loved working for them. I enjoyed being up to date with the latest trends and getting a first peek of what the new fashion season would be bringing. It was always fun to go into work and see the many different kinds of styles of people that I worked with and expanding my fashion knowledge with them.
office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Responsibilities included: setting up departure notes in excel and word, printing and photocopying load and trip sheets, preparing paperwork, data entry, process documents and assisting with management issues.
Productive and fun environment ie Group activities
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: group activities or free lunches
Cons: on occasions we are required to work long hours if there's deadline to meet
During my tenure working at Loblaw, i enjoy working in a team environment as well as independently, i deal with both internal and external customers, one of the things i enjoyed most is the friendly interaction with the customers.
Great Starting Job
Department Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2015
A great place to work in school and fresh out of school. If you really enjoy customer service you can thrive here. Spent almost 2 years working my way though the ranks and increases based on hours worked. Made management within the two years. Staff and co-workers were wonderful to work with.
I have enjoyed working at Loblaw Companies Ltd.
Executive/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
It has been a great experience working here at Loblaw Companies Ltd.
Good work environment, low wages
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: fantastic management
Cons: low wages
They are one of the lowest paying companies for pharmacy assistant's/technician's in the profession. The management team is amazing ! Work environment is very good as well !
Typical Day of Work
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I was a cashier; I would deal with customers and handle cash.

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more