Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,127 reviews matching the search
was an enjoyable time in my life
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BC15 November 2016
as a new girl a with a shy disposition i found the friendly staff at loblaw a joy to work with and it made my transition much easier
A great place to work
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 November 2016
Very proactive company that has dealt with issues head on and invested in the future.
A great place to work that promotes individual growth and supports employees of all ages.
The hardest and most enjoyable part of retail is the customers.
The most rewarding part of the job is watching employees develop and prosper.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Working Stats
Lots of good memories about this job.
Assistant Grocery Department Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB13 November 2016
The work was much more physically strenuous than my current job, but by the same token duties were much clearer and, indeed, the accomplishment of duties was also much more clearly appreciated. Advancement was never guaranteed, but chances were that you would only lose your job if you were doing an explicitly poor job with relation to expectations. Expectations were different depending on the age and health of specific staffers as far as job security goes, but not very different when it came to the consideration of advancement. Those who did the most and understood the most were the ones who were promoted.

Wages went up at set intervals as part of the union structure, but separate from that wages also went up with respect to promotions. Good work could equate to a sooner raise in a very literal sense, granting some limitations unfortunately in place due to union negotiations. Benefits included health coverage as well as a 10% employee discount after six months on the job.
Pros
Excellent management, clear sense of expectations and purpose.
Not organized
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2016
Often under staffed and felt bad for my Supervisor. He was expected to have things done without the personnel hours to accomplish the goal.
Pros
Hour flex
Cons
Not organized
Awful
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 November 2016
Once in management your salary is not increased for at least one year with no benefits. So I was making slightly more than a cashier but managing a department with increased workload and responsibility. Made to feel unappreciated as I was told I could be replaced at any time and I should appreciate the opportunity afforded me .Management is unapproachable and distant with no negotiations. Expected to work extra hours with no extra pay.
Pros
Likable coworkers
Cons
Long hours for little pay
loblaws
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2016
Did good job. But i did seafood and try my best to look good.
It is difficult for me and also tried hard to make it work.
But wanted to learn it for my best.
fun workplace
Deli clerk, Superstore (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
nice people working with
good benefits
very trustworthy people
a lot of activities like free pizza, birthdays celebrations, christmas party, promotions, etc.
Pros
nice people
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 November 2016
the co-workers and managers are friendly, and stuff are helping each to solve problems. Sometimes, the bakery department will bring the bread they made and share with stuffs in the stuff room.
Busy Bees sweet taste buds
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 November 2016
Early morning riser.
Prep all variety of breads buns pies all the goodies.
Place in warmers to raise the doe and pop in the ovens for the sweet smell of various berries that are AHH so good.
Cleanliness is top priority when dealing with food. Personal
Not being able to taste some of the completed pastries is really hard to resist.
Pros
Dealing with customers
Cons
No tasting
Decent place to pay *some of the bills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 November 2016
The management was bit strict on availability or else you would be laid off. I did not have any engagement with my coworkers due to individual cashier workflow. Overall, I had great empathetic supervisors and front managers, who helped me whenever conflict arises.
great office.. great ideas.. poor execution
Space Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 November 2016
so many great initiatives.. wanting to do better.. but the cut throat nature of the business means it is cut throat with eachother.

most people are not in it for the betterment of the company.. they are in it for themselves
Part of internship
Data Analyst, Co- Op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
It a really good company where you get the grounds to grow in your career. I have worked as intern, but, in general, the wages are highly competitive.
Excellent worklace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 October 2016
Busy filled day with back to back meetings. Professional environment with excellent organization culture. Friendly and open work environment.
Great company too work for
Sap operations clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 October 2016
Good benifits and management. enjoy working there.Enjoy going to work there every day.great working environment. ENJOY meeting people.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Understanding, caring and easy to work with
Sr. Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
My time at Loblaws was full of growth as a professional and as a person. Loblaw provided new and sometimes difficult programs to improve the business; I truly thrived and appreciated the experience.
Co-workers ranged in age from young college graduates to 30 years tenure.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
job security
a lot of room for growth
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 October 2016
It is a big company with a lot of opportunities to move up. The management team is good overall depending on the location. Management positions require a lot of hours of work.
Pros
fun environment too work
positive work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 October 2016
We have learned a new system from the Happiness Project to create a positive work environment, how to prevent inefficiencies and learn what waste was (time, movement,etc). We've tried to put a lot into practise and learn from our mistakes. I've learned that change however scary, can be a good thing. My co-workers are great and are always up for a laugh while working. I enjoy doing something the same, but different each shift. Working in the health field has taught me quite a bit about people and I find it hardest when we lose a customer to a health condition.
Open and inclusive work environment
Co-op Office Admin trainee (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2016
A typical day at work comes across as fun-filled work environment with an open culture. Time management has been my biggest learning amongst a extremely promising talent pool. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee engagement initiatives as part of what is called within Loblaws as the "Blue culture" as well the phenomenal product promotion deals for Loblaw employees!
fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 October 2016
fun place to work everyone helps each other and no complaints. managers help out when ever needed. work environment is great. good hours for students.
A great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
Great place to work, Talent Acquisition team is amazing! The manager are supportive, inclusive and fun. Loblaw and SDM head office and great to work out of.