Loblaw

Loblaw Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast pace environment
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Regina, SKApril 23, 2014
Pros: reasonable wage
Cons: odd shift hours
A typical day at work would be picking 200 items & up, pallet building, and staging the pallets in shipping areas.
Fun workplace and freindly team
Supply Chain Analyst (Co-op) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, helpful management, many thing to learn
Cons: location
Loblaw company is a fun workplace. I am working as a co-op Supply Chain Analyst and i found the team and the management very friendly and cooperative. Great thing about working here is that the management is not bossy but leader instead.
Productive and Great Place to Work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches and festival activities.
Loblaw companies is the great place to work.Management is very coopretive and friendly.I enjoyed alot during job and is very good company to grow your carrier.
Management needs a kick, but other clerks are good people
Produce clerk (Current Employee), HamiltonApril 2, 2014
Pros: other workers feel the same
Cons: bad hours, don't make enough money.
This company doesn't respect their workers. They don't care how long you've been there, they will hire another part timer and give them 10 hours a week, just so they don't have to move someone up to full time. They give you as little hours as they can, and are always looking for ways to cut more hours. Even after my 10 years of experience, and the need – more... for another full time position since someone just left, they're hiring part time. – less
fast paced and hard to keep up with numbers needed for average
Labourer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: has cafeteria, normal work hours
Cons: management is rough, goals set to high, training help very little, turn over rate shows job difficulty
every day is the same go in find a machine pick orders then lunch then pick more orders. neatly stack orders for shipment and wrap them in a timely fashion to be ready for the next set of orders.
What I have learned
System Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 17, 2014
At Loblaws, I have learned to effectively work with multiple teams across different platforms. Had good exposure with the customers understanding their issues, explaining to them the root cause of the issue in simple business terms which they can understand easily. Last not least I have learned to attend the issues with a smile under the pressurized – more... situations. The hardest part of the job is to have all the technical teams and the business teams in the same pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have interaction with lots of enthusiastic people who works with a smile for the President's choice Financial. Also the job at Loblaws helped me to learn well the Credit Card management. – less
Dynamic and management is active in communicating directions
Coordinator, Data Integrity (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee
My typical day consists of reviewing problems posted by stores on the portal and resolving them.

Co-workers are nice to work with.
Lots of flexibility
Service Coordinator/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2014
Pros: flexible time, if needed. excellent working hours
Cons: loud noises
In working at my current position, because I travel back and forth to Edmonton every few weeks, I have learned how to time manage to the best of my ability.

I work strictly with men (there are approximately 17 in each office) - I am the only female. The techs don't (for the most part) treat me differently. They understand that everyone has a job to – more... do and it gets done.

I like the job because right now I have excellent hours and a lot of flexibility in my time. Those are bonuses to me.

My boss works out of Edmonton, but is available when he is needed - even after hoursl He is very supportive when I get frustrated trying to do the work of two cities when it is just me. – less
Productive, fast pace business
Full-Time Credit Desk/ Distribution Services (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 12, 2014
Customer Service Representative for Stores and warehouses. Typical day at work, logging in to the phones. Set up the programs that are used for incoming calls, checking e-mails, checking voicemails, sorting and separating different types of claims. Paying claims, invoicing claims, submitting claims from incoming calls from stores. Denying claims. Updating – more... spreadsheet, and uploading them to Share point site. Investigating issues that have occurred at stores and confirming with the warehouse.

What I have learned from Loblaws, great team work, great customer service skills, multi-tasking, working in a face pace.

Managers would only come to the desk when there was an issue that need to be dealt with. They are always there to help, and always provided more information that would help the Department. They would have monthly Staff meetings to discuss any issues that co-workers have, and would also advice us on new information that the Company will be doing.

The co-workers are team players. We would all help each other any way that we can so that no one is ever behind and update. They are also outgoing and friendly.

The hardest part of the Job is when using the new system SAP and had limited time for training due to the launch that was happening in stores and warehouses.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers who are always there and support each other. – less
Overall Fast Paced
Junior ABAP Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2014
Quite fast paced, great company, great learning experience.
Exciting and interesting workplace
Financial Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2014
Auditing LAR files, payroll, scheduling, supervising of staff, filing, data entry, communication with other stores and associates, hiring, orientations, morning, afternoon and evenign meetings. I enjoyed all of the staff I worked with.
Great collogues, boss, and fun place to work at; really enjoy it there.
part-time clerk in Fresh To Go (Current Employee), Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax, NSFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: the atmosphere is great.
Cons: not enough hours given to live off of.
A typical day at work would be looking after production (making parfaits, vegetable trays, etc.), and doing prep work (cutting up vegetables and fruit to keep bins full for production).

All my collogues are a pleasure to work with and I have a great boss who is fair and looks after everyone.

The hardest part of my job to date is becoming faster with – more... production, but that should come in time ( I have only been doing it for a month now... and my speed has been increasing). The most enjoyable part of my job is doing the production and prep work, while looking after customer needs and wants. – less
Productive; goal oriented
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Ontario, CanadaFebruary 4, 2014
A fairly good place to work. The culture is somewhat restrictive but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Benefits are ok, not great. Typical day at work is brutal but understandably so.
fast-paced
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 22, 2014
Extra foods was not the place for me.It wasn't the most welcoming place for me
HORRIBLE.
Cold Deli (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, having a job earning money, diverse culture of people.
Cons: not enough hours, breaks are too short (lunch), favouritism too much, managers slaving the employees within departments.
I used to work for Loblaws same location horrible staffing with the managers. They need new ones, benefits are amazing, pay is alright, not many hours and too much favouritism. Feels like elementary school. When it's break time for lunch you get 30 minutes. You walk to the back room and punch out. You walk from the back room to the lunch room and then – more... on your way to the lunchroom sometimes a customer will need your help. Would be bad to turn your back so you help and then that takes up time then you run out of time for your lunch and realize when you get upstairs you only have 5-15 minutes left for lunch. Not even enough time to eat or even heat up food if you wanted to. Or even to buy food. Certain things will not work you take extra time to eat and it's like you took 40-45 minutes on a lunch break when really your busy helping customers. A great place to work for benefits but there needs to be more respect given and treating people equally. It reminds me of high school haha. – less
good
every thing in stor (Former Employee), any wear in scarboroJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: part time
I have experienced in stor work on five years managment in side stor janral work and cashiyar I do everything
Benefits are good but need more hours to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 6, 2014
Its a good company. Meeting different kinds of people. Management is supportive to staff. Enjoy scanning items which I'm very good at it.
bad review
Inventory Control Assistant (Former Employee), ReginaDecember 27, 2013
Loblaw have bad management system.They donot entertain girls in their company.
so no respect for loblaw
lots of oppertunities
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), MississaugaDecember 17, 2013
I learned a lot by working at Loblaw's. Great coworkers. Management was reasonable to everyone's needs. The hardest part of my job was the day they closed down the warehouse I was working at.
Good place for students to work
Peer Recruiter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2013
It is fun place to work. This company offers part time jobs with flexible hours, however wage pay is on the low side.

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more

Loblaw Photos