Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,207 reviews matching the search
cool
Front-End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON31 January 2017
Western is an inclusive and fun place for those who attend. Western is located about two hours west of Toronto, ON. The most enjoyable part of attending Western, is the people.
Strong culture for learning and improving
Director of maintenance western Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Fast paced dynamic enviroment with leading edge thinking, strong support policies and programs in place, very customer driven.
New ideas are encouraged and welcomed, innovation is a key for success.
Pros
Full pension
Cons
lots of trave
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON27 January 2017
I now work for The Real Canadian Superstore in Wasaga Beach. I think I was very lucky to get this job.
There is a great attitude in this store. Everyone I have met thus far are very friendly and helpful.
I like the benefits i will get once I am past my probationary period.
It's hard to tell who management are in our store, they don't make a big deal of it, and work just as hard as the rest of us.
I love the contact with our customers, and have a great time helping them both spend, and save money.
I have nothing but positive things to say about them, and hope that one of you will be as lucky as I am.
The hardest part, well I haven't found a hard part yet.
Pros
Benefits, employee discount card, free stuff
Produce Clerk
Meat Clerk, Produce clk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2017
Excellent company to work for, lots of hours and great people. The quality of the training was excellent. It is a hard working job so be prepared to work overnight shifts if you want to be full-time.
Starter Company, flexible P/T hours
Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Great for any entry level position. Flexible P/T hours, and benefits after three months. Union position w/seniority as well. Job for life if you need it.
Decreased dept hours, Over worked. Depressing place to work!
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS24 January 2017
Its easy to see all the employees are over worked because their department man hours have decreased!

Department manager was inexperienced and took out his stress on his employees by using foul language constantly. I started my shift I was their for 15 minutes when the Department told me to F_-Off for know reason, I walked out of the department and filed a complaint with the store manager which was a waste of time!

I was under paid and extremely over worked!!
Pros
Employee's
Cons
Managers, Pay, Hours.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 January 2017
You learn different ways to communicate with people. Everyone is really nice and helpful. On a typical day all you do is cash costumers orders threw , if ur on self check out you make sure all the cashes are clean and the bag holders are full. help costumers navigate there way around the store.
Excellent place for personal Development
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
This job allowed me to be able to showcase my many skills and also showed me new techniques and order to present my best work for the customers viewing
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Night Hours
Overall experience
Department manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
I prefer not to say much. That by itself should convey my assessment of the company. Most of what I learnt was self taught and perhaps that was the best part of the job. The biggest lesson learnt was how preparation and pre assessment of new projects can help save a company valuable time and precious reputation. If processes are not in place, day to day operations become a fire fighting exercise.
Did not like it, at all.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 January 2017
Rough working circumstances, little room for advancement, no breathing room. Very difficult to work with, and would not make accommodations for medical issues. Did not like working there.
easy work
Produce Team & Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2017
i culled the produce everyday
swept and mopped
i distributed ice to the HMR counters
i stocked the extra produce in the back
my friends worked there
i had a blast
Productive, inclusive, and positive work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 January 2017
Working at Loblaws has been a joy for me since day1. The location I work at has built a great team over time and has managed to maintain a high standard of order as well as comfort, making it easy for customers as well as workers to enjoy their daily excursion to south keys.
many opportunities
management (Former Employee) –  Innisfail, AB19 January 2017
in the management position I was in bakery as well as produce over the years.
There was always paperwork to do, customer service, product presentation, rotation, and ordering. There was a constant stream of tasks on a daily basis, and staff to train, and work with, Being a team player was a big part of the job. Always having school age employees one always needed to guide them along. There was sales projections to do displays to build, and many hours of work.
I enjoyed all challenges given to me, Micromanaging was a big part of my work that I enjoyed a great deal.
Management was the difficult part of my career, communication was a big downfall.
Pros
challenges
Cons
management
organizing and stocking dairy products
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 January 2017
help customers,
stock shelves with dairy product
clean up messes
scan out old items
management was well appointed and organized
work experience was great there
Pros
easy job
Cons
cleaning up at the end of the night
Loblaws
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Fun place to work, very friendly staff. They Say lots of room for growth in there company which is great but it takes a long time for that to happen. Not a lot of hours, couple shifts per week. Really great place for students to work.
Pros
Great staff, very friendly
Cons
Not a lot of hours to give
productive and fun workplace
Night crew (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Everybody in Loblaws are good and cooperating and the job is good at everything but salary they pay 11.40 hourly so it's not enough and especially it's part time job and I am looking for full time job with higher salary.
Fast-paced workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
The shifts I worked involved working at cash throughout the duration. The difficulty with this job was having only one task during 4-8 hour shifts.
fun and productive and stress free, challenging , super friendly superiors
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB16 January 2017
productive and theres a lot of room to grow fun workplace, challenging . managers and supervisor are friendly and care for their people.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours is depends how busy the store
Easy
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Easy work. However shift schedule was horrible. They were not scheduling enough.. coworkers and managers were amazing tho
"The Stupidstore"
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 January 2017
This is what everyone called the place my first day on the job working midnights (great first impression, but I later learned its a valid term for the place). All the managers pass work off to the next one and there is NO communication skills between them. I was fired for medical reasons and will be pursuing action if my employment and shifts aren't reinstated. In my time there I also filed 3 grievances for them giving away or cancelling shifts or sending me home with no reason. Would never work or recommend this place. Poor pay, work 10 days straight with no overtime sometimes, Miserable staff, Union reps that don't know their own policies. Some people are better than others in there, but id work in the greenhouses again before this place. They will hire employees with the intent of firing them after Christmas for reasons they can easily falsify. It was well known as managers there have no regard for privacy and will outright talk bad about their employees on break or the whole store knows someone is getting fired.... but only once the store is done using them as scab workers over the holidays.
Pros
Its something till you find something better.
Cons
everything.