Loblaw Employee Reviews

Great place to work in
Montréal, QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 January 2018
Possibility of advancements
Learning about registers systems and how they work
But departments don't communicate much with each other which can be a waste of time and resources
Great
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 January 2018
Great place to work! Super fun and I never want to leave! People are great! All around great! Super duper all around fantastic over the top just great!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Inconsistent hours
great place to work
Supply Chain Store Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 January 2018
Has a very relaxed environment. People are very friendly, there is a food court, basketball courts, beach volleyball courts, and a gym. Being an employee at Loblaw there are a lot of perks, including freebies and reduced prices on food, and gym membership.
fun place to work
Pharmacy Student (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 January 2018
busy but learn lots
typical day includes dealing with a diverse patient population
friendly workplace
love learning and feel like i am making a valuable contribution
Under minimum
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON18 January 2018
All employees were paid poorly myself included. There was always a problem and someone always called in sick, so all the cashiers had to pick up the slack and we didnt get to take any breaks.
Great Temporary Opportunity
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2018
Although I only worked there temporarily, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Loblaw companies. It was a fast-paced working environment, but my associates were supportive enough to help me learn the skills necessary to complete my job and handle the demanding pace of the job.
Flexible hours
Senior Coordinator, Internal Control Compliance (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2018
Great company with good culture values.
Flexible hours
Amazing cafe in main atrium - with great food everyday
Strong teamwork vibes
Great place to make connections
Steady Work
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 January 2018
The hardest part of the job was ensuring all orders were assembled within the allotted time period and balancing life while working night shift for 15 years. Pros included; steady raises, benefits and guaranteed 40 hour work week.
A nice workplace for different people and different culture
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
I am really like Loblaw's work atmosphere. People come from a different country have the different cultures background but I work with them very well and I made some friends there.
Pros
free work atmosphere
good place to work while in school
Night Crew Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2018
would stock shelves at night and receive from trucks, also stocked diary section. marked perished foods. worked day time grocery shift , had to help customers find items.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service and Package Sorter (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2018
Nice job culture, got some Canadian experience. Management was supportive. Will definitely recommend friends there.The hardest part of the job sometimes to finish all the work assigned before and of the shift and stay awake
Unhealthy Toxic work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2018
Unhealthy Toxic work place.
Poor management.
Union and management drags innocent union workers for their advantage.
Company doesn't hire or promotes union workers as managers in it's hate to union but hires even unskilled managers from outside.
Harassment, Bullying, Abuse, Racism and discrimination alot.
Pros
job security, seniority benefits
Cons
Harassment, Bullying, Abuse, Racism and discrimination. Unhealthy Toxic work place. Poor management.
the worst work place
Overnight Grocery/Replenshment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overnight Grocery/Replenshment Clerk11 January 2018
I worked at Brandon store. The shift starts around 2300 and Mondays, are one of the busiest nights, around 13 skids, and the easiest are Tuesdays nights where only overstock is worked. I was treated very poorly, management is very inept, and they will blame workers over their failures and my extra hours weren't paid, the vast majority of managers are white, the night manager, uses racist remarks, and the rest of the managers will laugh with him. If they think you are fast they give steady hours and the most enjoyable part of the job is the physical labor I was in a very good shape the two years working there.
Pros
Steady hours if they think you are fast
Cons
racist, misogynist, you're asked working extra hours, but wont get paid
Poor hours
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 January 2018
Overall the job was a good job, hard work, but the pay was nice over the 3-4 months I worked there they never wanted too give me full time hours so I ended up quitting and I am now looking for a new job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only gave me Part time hours
Nice place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 January 2018
This is a small family company from Manitoba, their branch in Regina SK., is doing well but as a family company be prepare to accept some kind of attitude and behavior.

But overall, it wasn't too bad of a place to work.
Pros
Cons
12 to 14 hours daily
Productie workplace with lot of learning
Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2018
There are lot of opportunities to learn the new technolgies and improving your skill set. However, job culture really varies from team to team and it is not same across the orgnisation.
Encourages work life balance in the culture
Operational Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
A workplace with great opportunity to be developed and advance if desired. There is a lot of effort placed on creating and maintaining positive work environment.
Pros
Create great working connections
great way to start with many challengers and demands
Part-Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 January 2018
great way to start with many challengers and demands to fulfill in a short time in a active fast space environment, it was a great experience.handling all the online orders, ensuring goods accurate and ready for pickup on time, managing the cash register was nice.
Great work environment!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Great people and had a great time working there. Kind people and was not worried walking in i can say they have great managers and woek love to workthere again some day
its OK
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON8 January 2018
good ob for someone who wants to be part time but its next to impossible to aquire full time. i wish i could because i like it here but its too hard to pay bills working 14hours a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.