Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,384 reviews matching the search
Fun Productive workplace
HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 June 2017
A typical day at loblaws is actually really nice the customers are always very friendly and respectful and the co-workers and managers are very nice and understanding people. I learned a lot about customer service and also how to prep and cook food.
une belle place mais avec une maniere de gerer qui nuisais a une bonne ambiance de travaille
Boucher (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC2 June 2017
LA facon dont les responsable dirige les employer , rendais l'ambiance de travaille assez tendu
Pros
10 % de rabais employer sur la marchandise, contact direct avec les client. beau magazin renover
great company
Employee,meat clerk,health and beauty clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 June 2017
hate this place department managers are great but the store managers are terrible. This store alone put multiple ppl on stress leave myself included. i have only worked at the one store but ive had 3 terrible managers, i was hired while we had an amazing manager who was super strict but listened to what ppl had to say, then when he became a district manager and we got a guy who was trying to fire anyone who had worked there for more then a year, then we had a guy who thought it was ok to throw things at his employees, and now they have a lady who has put 4 ppl in the hospitable with stress my mother included and now she has depression ....company in general could be better if they looked at the store managers better. and they need to do some interviews withe random employees so they can stop some of the abuse.
Pros
could luck out with amazing manager who makes you love your job even though he is strict
Cons
could up with abusive boss
Flexible workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NS1 June 2017
Very flexible for hours while I am in school. it is a pretty good environment, and everyone is very friendly. I have been with the company for a little over 5 years, and it has been a great experience!
Pros
flexibility
challenging and fun workplace
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 June 2017
-the work is about to be dynamic and patient with customers
-it's a safe place to work in
-generally, the management is patient and supportive. it's mostly a team work
Pros
Interact with customers
Great hours and getting to engage with customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 June 2017
All I do as a cashier at Loblaw's, is engage with customers and cash them out which I did enjoy doing sometimes. When its a slow day, I clean my area and make sure products are presentable for the customer. Sometimes there may not be anything to do but stand and wait for a customer. I have learned great customer service skills at this job and also have learned how to deal with cheques, coupons, and how to work with debit machines. The workplace culture here was diverse, which I liked. The only hard thing about my job was working holidays because there would be massive line ups and I would be working in an extremely fast pace environment during those times. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go out to places like blue jays game and having a boat party with my job.
Pros
was able to work here while in school. Great hours!
Cons
not being able to switch shifts
Terrible work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS1 June 2017
Tons of favoritism and seniority that goes against company policy. Over scheduling(10 days, 8days in a row etc), inconsistent hours, workplace drama, incompetent, unproffesional management. No confidentiality what so ever. 6 employees have quit the front end in under 2 weeks due to lack of employee appreciation, recognition and genuine respect. I would not recommend working at Superstore or a Loblaws company to anyone.
Pros
You can get away with anything!
A good company and advancement opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL30 May 2017
After 18 years my only reason for leaving was change in my personal life, Loblaws is a very diverse company, they care about the community and those in it..
Pros
salary, opportunity, culture
Cons
N/a
Not exactly what you want in a company.
Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB29 May 2017
When you first get hired, the hiring personnel give off a very welcoming and friendly vibe. However, that changes almost as soon as you get hired. You won't be able to get into work half the time because it takes about 20 years to get a key card.

For some reason, even if you always punch in on time and are early every day, they still manage to shave a good quarter hour or more off every cheque. There are SO many payroll mistakes.

They don't follow the union book and the management is so terrible. There is 0 communication between managers because they all hate each other. The store manager knows one of the managers from school, so even when said manager comes into work when he isn't scheduled, drunk and biligerent to save the employee he's dating from any hard work - it gets swept under the rug, and we are told to deal with it. Give him another chance.

What choice do we have? Our union doesn't fight for us, it fights for the company. Never have I been a part of such a dysfunctional company. Steer clear of this particular one - it likes to sweep problems under the rug.
normal warehouse
Order selector (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 May 2017
not a bad place to work just some guy don t pay attention to other when they are working on machine that can kill you. but other wise i really like working there too bad they let me go because i took day off to bring my kids to the hospital
Nice place to work.
Associate Merchant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON and Toronto, ON26 May 2017
Had to be multi tasking in listing / DE-listing products, dealing with vendors and suppliers for placing orders, pricing, promotion with various price incentive and handling pricing discrepancy, items not in system etc.

In a hectic day, you learned how to prioritize your tasks.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the accomplishment of getting the jobs finished on time and the customers were happy.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, + bonus annually
Cons
Demanding tasks.
Typical Day
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 May 2017
Typical day is to arrive at loblaws and look at the to do list and manage to complete all tasks before the shift is done. Work is fairly easy if done properly.
Pros
A colleague discount card is given after 6 months of employment
Cons
15 minute break, break should be more
Tight timelines
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 May 2017
Some areas require a lot of strength and endurance as you could be lifting 5-15 boxes weighing upwards of 40-50 lbs repeatedly throughout the day, making it troublesome to smaller people maintain the tight timeline they want of you during the beginning of your employment
Nice lunch room, but low pay
Night Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC24 May 2017
I hate to say it but don't work here. Low pay, bad management, never get the hours you need to make an "ok" paycheck. Min wage to start, graveyard shifts usually get extra but not with this company. It's like highschool all over again, too much drama. Don't work for this company. If I could I'd give 0 stars.
Pros
free lunch once in a while
Cons
low pay, not being appreciated for doing a great job, barely getting the hours you need. Too many cons to list. smh.
part time position was good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 May 2017
Most of the staff were great they were very accommodating to new staff. The customer were the ones who made the day. Really enjoyed working there. It would be nice to have a biweekly schedule so I can plan my family activities in advance. Do get busy at times but all worth when your customers are satisfied and rewards you with a smile.
Pros
staff members appreciation
Cons
busy and long standing
Fun, engaging workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2017
A typical day at work is simple, tasks involving cooking for clients for a birthday party or product demo. I learned different recipes, cooking skills and sales skills from this job. Management was flexible with hours and understanding with salary. Culture was open and free of judgement, very friendly. Hardest part of the job was competing with coworkers who are more experienced for hours but the most enjoyable part is the pleasure of helping clients learn to cook through product demo
Pros
Free lunches, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Competition for hours
a great place to work
Front End Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
in terms of the typical work day, i could be providing outstanding client service by making quick decisions regarding to various situations. As an addition, i could be doing tasks such as organizing the paper documents for delivery and so forth
friendly and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC18 May 2017
I have been working at Loblaws in North Vancouver since the store opened in 2013, I had nothing but good experiences and loved being there every moment.
Great People
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
Great people to work with they are willing to work with you if you are in school or if you have another job. benefits are great and work perks are cool. uniform not all that great.
interesting place to work. always working to someone new on a rotating schedual
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON18 May 2017
Nice and friendly place to work. Staff are always ready to assist new employees with training questions and give examples on how to best perform the task
Pros
close to home
Cons
gossip amongst employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.