Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace with great breakroom
HMR (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLDecember 28, 2015
Fast paste environment but you learn how to work quick and multitask. Management isn't the greatest but the co workers are wonderful.
Hardest part of the job is keeping up with everything but its enjoyable because the time flies by.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
poor management
Interesting and Fun depending on Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCDecember 28, 2015
There are good days and bad days. It really depends on the Customers and the Staff, However you learn to trudge through it. The Best part of Lob-law is meeting new people every 2-5 Minutes and the conversations depending on the amount of Items in a customers grocery shop.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 24, 2015
9-5 job with flexibility, peak times will exceed 7-8pm in financial reporting. Very deadline driven. Co-workers are friendly and the company is run very well.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Lobalw bakery
bakery clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ONDecember 22, 2015
I enjoy working at loblaws, my co-workers are all very friendly and i have formed great relationships with them. I work in a good environment, i have learned to work in fast paced setting. I enjoy helping costumers very much and i have great costumer service i try and do everything i can until the costumer is satisfied.
Pros
excellent friendly place
Cons
no free time for school
Great Place to Work
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2015
It was a large SAP implementation project and exposure to new technology was helpful.Great Place to Work.

Opportunity to work with multiple vendors and multiple teams.
cooperative co-workers, clean and nice work envoirment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 10, 2015
Performed legal inventory spreadsheet.Performed off site records document inventory projects. did work independently an manage complex tasks without guidance. Efficiently and effectively assigned projects and focused on details. scanning, filing documents.Did work with co-workers very cooperatively. Like work environment and performed job very well with positive attitude.
Pros
some day free lunches, friendly envoirment
Love the environment
Customer Service Clerk, Part Time (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 8, 2015
Love working with the company lots of room for advancement and working with great people makes the day go by a lot faster! Would recommend.
You get what you are paid for
assembler (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 6, 2015
The job is challenging because you are expected to be fast, speedy and accurate. Your performance is monitored every seconds. The management are always telling us to work smart. But sometimes, with heavy lifting and too much bending, my back and knees are starting to feel a lil strain. It's a good company tho. Assembler position is good for young adults.Colleagues are very friendly.
Pros
good pay; schedule is very flexible
Cons
physically demanding
high energy work enviroment. working with many colleagues and many customers daily. making for always interesting day
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 2, 2015
fun work place with supportive management. not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
learn on site and getting paid as long as you are willing, the job can be taught to you.
Cons
long hours, work/life balance was not there.
Sad place to work
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONDecember 1, 2015
Used to be a great place to work, 20 years ago. Now, it's all about the business, no room here for anyone with a family. Evening and weekend work mandatory. Managers don't care about you, only the bottom line. Expect your hours to get cut regularly. And customers to complain there's no one there to serve them. Not enough hours given to get the job done, but get it done anyway. Most long time employees stressed, due to workload expectations. Other than that it's great. Coworkers are awesome, we're all miserable together.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Ridiculous expectations, little to no help or feedback from management. You're on your own here.
Community environment
Salad Bar Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
A community driven work place thats focus is on employees working together to provide a great shopping experience for customers. flexible hours and understanding management.
Pros
team huddles and free lunches for holidays
Cons
Open and required to work on the holidays
fun, busy
Night clerk (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONNovember 23, 2015
loblaws was an okay place to work. it really helped me grow as a person and discover what i am good at and what i am bad at. it helped me develop my customer service skills
Fun Place to Work
Produce Clerk- In Store Trainer (Former Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 20, 2015
Was my first job and I had lots of fun there. I know some Loblaws can be a nightmare but its because I was hired when the store first opened and no one had any drama I guess. Overall good experience.
Overall Good
Assistant (Shipping & Receiving Clerk) (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 14, 2015
I learned how to work with all the departments, how to control the pressure at job, handing multiple tasks...
safety is the main goal of the job, employee safety as well as food safety...
Great Company Culture - the best company I've ever worked for
SAP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2015
The head-office has a beach volleyball court, private Goodlife Gym and outdoor basketball/street hockey court. After working here, you're guaranteed interviews in literally any retail industry - who doesn't know and respect Loblaws?
Pros
Great discounted Healthy Atrium Food with great variety
Cons
Can't think of any apart from having to work in the basement as part of the IT/SAP team/department
its a productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 10, 2015
Working at Loblaws for the past 7 years as made me learn a lot of things in my life for example: While speaking with my customers I managed to perfect my spoken English, how to deal with customers properly, how to help my teammates in need, how to multi-task, how to respect the environment at work and through the years I have developed a lot of respect to my co-workers and my managers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers because you never know what type of day that they've had so they could be really happy or really mad so that is why you try to keep a really big smile and make sure that at the end of the order you served the customer properly so that they can leave happy. My teammates, since I've been there are really nice and that is why to me respect is key at work plus the management is pretty good because they treat there employees with good manners and they realize the mistakes they do which happens once in awhile, all you have to do as an employee is go talk to her/him to fix the problem as fast as possible.
A great company to learn.
Customer Serivice/Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 10, 2015
A great company for any young employee that needs to develop good working skills and ethics. Loblaws is a great company with management that cares about all of its employees, the hardest part of the job is empathizing with customers if they were not able to find what they needed. The best part of the job was being able to develop hands on work skills and maintaining good customer service which will benefit everyone in the future.
Pros
Strong Union
Cons
Repetitive work
Productive and fast paced environment
Supervisor, Cashier & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QCNovember 9, 2015
This is where I learned how to multitask and delegate tasks and become a supervisor. Management loved my "always kind, always wanting to do my best" attitude. I wasn't treated like a child (I was barely 20) it was nice to be treated like a person. Hardest part of the job was working at the customer service counter, multitasking while working 3 lineups, processing returns, loto tickets, incoming phone calls and regular client purchases. Most enjoyable part of the job was leaning what I was capable of and the friends I made while working at Loblaws.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
salary, not enough hours.
Large company with many job opportunties to grow
Financial Analyst - Vendor Audit (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 8, 2015
Loblaw has many great opportunities for grads right out of school and opportunities to grow within the company.

I have been able to truly understand what it like to work within a large organization, and work within a team environment, which I enjoy.
Pros
Flexible Hours
fast paced, pressured environment
Loblaw cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 1, 2015
-rude customers
-expected to bag and scan items at a certain pace
-memorise produce codes
-co-workers have own group of friends
-management very unorganized
Cons
memorize codes, rude, rich customers, unorganized staff, not flexible with shift hours