Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
One of the worse
Design and Database Architect (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Good pay
Cons: very high turn over .. no job security .. you are just a number
One of the worse places that I ever worked at as a FT ..

Management generally don't care about their staff .. in it for themselves ..
Loblaws
Customer service (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Free lunches on special occasions
Cons: long hours, over worked staff, not high enough pay
When i first started at Loblaws a year ago , it was fun learning new things and having the experience of working in a grocery store .. a year later , things changed and it became a very disorganized work environment. They work the part time staff with NO hours .. they over work all the employees. Their logic is just pathetic , people complain on a daily basis even the employees. Loblaws is a terrible work place now , i don't understand why are they giving part timers who are students who need money , only 2 shifts a week? and having the dumb " total numbers of hours " for each department ? It's just ridiculous. Another thing , They expect so much to be done in a certain amount of time during a shift , but how is it possible when they are not allowed to have more then one staff on in an department? And we are getting paid not enough , when some people are having to work a three person job alone and keep the customers happy. It doesnt make sense... Loblaws needs to get their prioritize straight!.
Productive, and helpful staff
Assembler (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Pros: driving electric pallet jack, free fruits at lunch break.
Cons: 10 hour shift, working inside the freezer.
very hard and cold work environment but excellent at gaining muscles and also good exercise. the electric pallet jack was very enjoyable to drive around the warehouse. The management were very respectful and helpful all around. The hardest part about the job was being able to lift boxes inside the freezer only because it was very cold temperature. My co-workers i got along with good. The most enjoyable part of working there was mostly driving the electric pallet jack.
An Interesting, supportive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: 25% discount on monthly bill
Cons: N/A
Working in Loblaw Companies Limited is one of my most unforgettable memories. There are many reasons allow me talk like this. It is a very nice workplace which has a lot benefits and It owns a strict systematic management with out being rigid. Besides that, the company takes both customers and stuff as the first place so that every stuff is willing to work in there. Happiness and easiness fill in each employee even in the busiest hour because that each one has experienced its thorough training and becomes totally skilled.
not a great place
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 22, 2015
Pros: staff lunches
Cons: not enough hours
management was not great with employees
not enough hours per pay
minimum wage pay doesnt take you far
its not a job you can make a career out of
Really likes My Collegues
Department Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and Salary
Cons: Long Hours little family life
Loved the customers and really enjoyed working there. My colleagues where great there and we really did enjoy working with them. But really did not have a work life balance was all work and to many weekends and holidays.
Successful team Building
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), AntigonishMarch 13, 2016
Pros: Excellent respectful culture
Cons: Health Care change less coverage
Enjoy the engagement with the people on a daily basis. Like the challenge of getting entire team headed in the same direction.

Most frustrating thing about my job is the hiccups and set backs in regard to the team direction.

what I learned....

The biggest win for me is the process of giving respect and doing for others first. Then once the relationship is established asking for the same in return.
Challenging
Project Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Challenging environment but rewarding
Architecture team is great
Great Senior Management Team
Opportunity for advancement
Fast Paced environment
Very stable and interesting job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits.
Cons: Standing in one spot for your shift.
Fun place to work with very stable hours.
Cash out costumers and handle costumer situations.
Understanding management and friendly.
Friendly and welcoming co-workers who are willing to help.
Hardest part is to deal with new situations and not know what to do, with challenging costumers.
Most enjoyable part is seeing costumers multiple times and being able to have a light fun conversation and make sure they leave with a happy experience.
its a productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 10, 2015
Working at Loblaws for the past 7 years as made me learn a lot of things in my life for example: While speaking with my customers I managed to perfect my spoken English, how to deal with customers properly, how to help my teammates in need, how to multi-task, how to respect the environment at work and through the years I have developed a lot of respect to my co-workers and my managers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers because you never know what type of day that they've had so they could be really happy or really mad so that is why you try to keep a really big smile and make sure that at the end of the order you served the customer properly so that they can leave happy. My teammates, since I've been there are really nice and that is why to me respect is key at work plus the management is pretty good because they treat there employees with good manners and they realize the mistakes they do which happens once in awhile, all you have to do as an employee is go talk to her/him to fix the problem as fast as possible.
Sad place to work
Floral Clerk (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Ridiculous expectations, little to no help or feedback from management. You're on your own here.
Used to be a great place to work, 20 years ago. Now, it's all about the business, no room here for anyone with a family. Evening and weekend work mandatory. Managers don't care about you, only the bottom line. Expect your hours to get cut regularly. And customers to complain there's no one there to serve them. Not enough hours given to get the job done, but get it done anyway. Most long time employees stressed, due to workload expectations. Other than that it's great. Coworkers are awesome, we're all miserable together.
Store Clerk
Store Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
I believe that if you're a student then this job will be valuable because of the flexibility in the scheduling that takes into account post-secondary schedules. This is because it is a unionized position.

However one of the downsides will be the fluctuating hours per week initially and dealing with some questionable store management.
fun work place
General Labourer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: long hours
Work product from skids as directed by management. Fix drop pallets, displayers, merchandise and plan accordingly to fix majority of product on skid to floor. I learned you need to work as a team in an environment such as this in order to get things done correctly and quickly. the hardest part of the job is to end every night with facing the entire department. the most enjoyable part of my job is to merchandise the product accordingly, therefore having an end result of a clean, sharp, looking department.
fun and lively work environment
Deli department (Current Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: store staff incentives- lunches, free skating, bowling ect
Cons: sometimes its chilly in the store
always great to walk into work and see people smiling back at you or asking you how your day is going.
It's a fun and inspiring place to work where all staff is approachable and management are friendly and knowledgeable if you ever have any questions you may have.
It's a good place to gain experience.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Good start up job.
Cons: Can be stressful, and wage progression is almost none.
This place is a good starting job for students or anyone who needs a job. The workplace environment can be fun, but depending on the manager in charge it can be stressful and dissatisfying. I have learned some skills, such as, communication skills, customer relations, inventory control, purchasing and money management.
Very Productive company lots of benefits.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2016
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: Sometimes have to work from home
It was a great place to work and I would recommend this company to others. Productive, benefits are good and just a great working atmosphere and there is scope for growth in this company.
Productive /hard labour
Picking/Skid Builder (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: GOOD MONEY
Cons: LONG HOURS
Good company to work for if your willing to be full time and for money you can work long hours and not notice the weeks going by you get trained with machinery and lifting a lot of boxes for this company but overall good place to work for full time people willing to working in storage company
Westwinds store is the worst store to work for!!
Courtesy clerk/price checker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 13, 2016
Pros: Get paid 50 cent extra than regular retail store (11.65 to be exact)
Cons: Short Hours, No health and safety regulation for employees, Overworked, Cheap Management, No respect for low level employees
Don't apply if you don't want to be overworked and insulted! Management does not know how to deal employees with respect and dignity.
Great Company to work for
Sr. Manager IT Audit (Current Employee), Ontario CanadaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great work life balance
Cons: Do not pay very well
Loblaw is one of the best company's to work for. They have a great work environment and a superb work life balance. Compensation wise Loblaw maybe a bit behind but they truly make up for it with the great culture.
Okay job, good for entry level student work
Dairy/ Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 26, 2015
This job was pretty good, I worked there for 6 months and was treated relatively well by management. the pay was minimum wage, as expected from a grocery store. my co-workers were the biggest thing I disliked about this job. for some people they would be fine, but I just did not like them personally and I felt they treated the customers and other coworkers badly. eventually that was the main reason I quit.
Headquarters