Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and good evening supervisors and hardworking colleagues
WAREHOUSE ASSEMBLER (Current Employee), Regina, SKApril 30, 2016
Its a good job and at the same time hard, it requires alot of energy, they pay well for services render, incentives and bonuses. They appreciate there workers efforts by gifts and encouragement.
Very nice work environment.
Superstore Joe Fresh Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 28, 2016
The work environment is great, makes everyone feel like they fit in and they belong. The safe is very helpful and everyone is dedicated to their work. The managers are very understanding if there are any personal problems an employ may have they are very supportive towards their staff.
Productive and fun working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: I dont know of any at this moment
My team members were fun to work with, we look forward every day to go to work. The environment was great and the managers were always their for both internal and external customers. I would recommend National Housing Trust to anyone in Jamaica who wants to work in an environment that makes you happy to work in.
Refurb clerk
Refurb Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
I'm not the fastest to warm up to new coworkers, so getting to fit in with the senior staff was a little bit difficult at first, after a while it just became easier to hang out with everyone. It was nice to have the free time after work for whatever you wanted but sometimes it can be a bit lonely if you're not used to being alone all the time.
Dead End Job
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Discount on clothes
Cons: Horrible pay, even after years of working for the company
There is very little opportunity to move up in the company, and the higher management tends to neglect to appreciate the staff at lower levels. The dress code is to always wear current clothing, yet you only received a partial discount on merchandise, so you end up spending a lot of money on clothing which cuts into your actual earnings substantially.

Overall Loblaw's is a very poorly managed company; I would never happily work for this company ever again.
Good place for work. Good management.
Analyst / Produce Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: Opportunity to work and make money.
Cons: No benefits for part time job.
Good environment for work.
Co-workers friendly.
Good management.
Every day is busy, because we need to keep the tables full for all customers.
Excellent employees and atmosphere.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 24, 2016
I loved the people I worked with and I enjoyed coming to work everyday due to everyone's cheerful attitude.I feel as if the training provided was very good, and I was comfortable asking questions when I did not understand anything. The mangers were also very personable and I feel that if I had a personal problem I would be able to go and talk to one of them in confidence.
great job for students
Front End Service Clerk (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 23, 2016
Pros: Lunch Breaks
Cons: Not many Hours
i love my job at the superstore (Loblaws) is is the greatest job i have ever had.
there is not many hours given to me and i wish i worked more but i am also in high school.
Lenient workplace where everyone was willing to help.
Night crew (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: decent hours, clean, coworkers always willing to help
Cons: not many
I worked at Loblaws when I was recently out of high school, it's a good job that I would recommend to any high school graduate looking to make some extra money. The people were friendly and willing to help when you asked for it. It's always interesting to see how stores like this operate behind the scenes to stay looking kept up and fresh. Stocking shelves was basic work that doesn't need much explanation.
Solid job, but poor managrment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Courtenay, BCApril 22, 2016
Pros: Friendly staff, straight-forward work, lots of help
Cons: Night shifts for day workers, occasional schedule changes without notification
A good workplace consisting of easy to manage tasks, and a fair amount of hours. Fellow employees are fun to work with, and the customers rarely leave disappointed.
The work itself is fairly straight-forward and assistance by fellow staff is rarely in short supply.

My only grief is with the management. The employers themselves do come off as friendly, and are quite helpful on the floor when they're around. Though I'm not sure how legal some of their scheduling actions may be, as there have been rare occasions where management has changed the employee schedule without notifying staff. They also tend to regularly place day workers onto full-length night shifts, if not shifts starting as early as 2am. A grievance that has caused two employees to leave within the last few weeks, one of which neglected to even put in a two week notice.
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: paid breaks, 10% discount card, benefits
Cons: Management, hours, dirty workplace, treated like a slave
Worst 3 years of my life, Management is rude and doesn't care about any of the employees, horrible hours, the only good thing about Loblaws was the paid breaks, benefits, and the double time on boxing day.
productive and fun workplace with wonderful coworkers
Labourer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work would be separating the skids and work harmony load to shelves in the health and beauty department. Everyday I learn the new items that come in from the delivery load. The hardest part would have to be pulling the loads over to my department with the pump trucks but the most enjoyable part would be working alone at night as I work the nightshift so the store is closed.
Great company, very flexible
Night Crew (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Unorganized management at some stores
Working at the store is very convenient, and all of the colleagues I worked with made me feel welcome and valued. overall i would suggest others looking for part time work to try to work here because it is a great place to work at.
It is a good experience and good exposure to work with a Loblaw . I found very nice and healthy and comfortable environment with Loblaw company
Pharmacy student (Pharmacy Technician) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 14, 2016
Pros: Good exposure and nice management
Cons: Not any
security
Meat Department (Current Employee), Collingwood, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: very friendly
Cons: not enough hours
Loblaws is a great place to work for, employees are great and very friendly. the only problem I have with Loblaws. there is no job security there. they only once in 3 months gave me 40 hrs. and every week after and before is either 12 hrs. a week or 9 hrs. a week. this isn't a job security job. nor you can even pay your bills or even a bill with that amount. dis satisfied on that part. if you are considering a job with Loblaws in Collingwood, may want to think again if you need hours.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: discounts
Cons: not the best salary
Great working environment, friendly co workers. The weekly schedules however can be disappointing when you expect more hours but receive less. other then that, i enjoyed my time at loblaws.
Great place to work with helpful staff.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Bradford, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Clean workplace and great staff
Cons: Irregular hours.
The day would start with a thorough check on safety products, cleanliness of workplace and stocking of shelves where necessary. This would continue throughout the day whenever possible (not serving customers).

My co-workers were always helpful and friendly and so was the management staff.

The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy boxes and the cold room.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people (customers and staff).
really did not enjoy working here at all
Assembly (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 10, 2016
Pros: wage
Cons: everything else
a typical day at work will consist of really bad headaches, arguing with management and you will go home hating the fact you have to work the next day.
co workers really made this place good, they become friends
I enjoy what I do. I get to help people every day
Full Time Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day involves a lot of walking and talking. I have learned some "go-to phrases" that help deal with difficult customers. Management is lacking in delegation and has difficulties doing the job on her own. The hardest part of the day is working with my department manager. She cannot cope and our work bottle necks at her end. The most enjoyable part of my day is when our customer walks away with a smile on their face.
Fast pace , Challenging enviroment
Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee), London, ONApril 8, 2016
Pros: Suprise pizza partys, Fruit bowls
Great place to work, Definitely room to move up in the company but some job fits people differently, others find it more of a challenge and end up leaving cause different departments to fall behind . overall apply and see if it fits if it interests you
Headquarters