Loblaw

Loblaw Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company.
Produce Rush Order Desk Representative (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 27, 2014
Good company to work for. Good location. Many job opportunities there.
Terrible!
Pharmacy Assitant or should I say Clerk? (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 21, 2014
Pros: hum?!
Cons: poor management in the whole company!
I had worked for more than 10 years with so called Loblaw as a pharmacy technician. Then one day I was told I was being laid off due to a so called store level test that I had failed and that there was no employment for me there. Kind of stupid to think that a company would keep you for all those years and then tell you that your not good enough because – more... you failed a store level test?! Something that's not even implemented by the Ontario College of Pharmacists?! That's not even a law? Hum?! Something is wrong with this picture!!!
As far as the so called "Union" they don' t do anything for the employee except harass you to find another job and that they'll try and get you your job back for unlawful dismissal...yeah right!
This must sound like I'm bitter and yes I am why shouldn't I be?
I was a loyal worker for number of years and I know for sure this was a inside job of the company to get rid of workers like me and it had everything to do with the management who could have protected the staff and decided not to do so. – less
Great Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 18, 2014
Learned a lot from working at Loblaw- team was very helpful and would collaborate well. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get into a consumer packaging group company.
n/a
Assistant Store Manager - Real Canadian Superstore (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 15, 2014
Pros: 10% colleague discount
Cons: long hours
Loblaw is a great place to work, with tons of perks for part-time staff all the way to management. They also have great health benefits their colleagues that want to opt in for it.
Tests your mettle!
Inventory Control Assistant (Current Employee), Regina, SkJune 9, 2014
The entry level position in distribution centres does test your mental and physical capabilities and pushes them to extremes but once you settle down, it is a secured job with great opportunities to advance.
Innovative fast paced environment with SAP implementation
Assistant Manager Business Process (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: managing a great team
Cons: not enough room for advancement
• Managed central data integrity team to assist in expedient daily store issue resolution and worked to determine opportunities to evolve processes and create efficiencies
• Managed team of 20 individuals as well as day to day program operations to help achieve objectives to decrease issues reported from stores
• Used in-depth analytical skills and – more... root cause analysis to implement a more agile issue resolution process saving 30 labour hours per week for my team – less
bullying, toxic work environment
Deli (Current Employee), Fort McMurray,ABJune 2, 2014
Pros: so many problems…..
Cons: inconsistent rules;abuse of power; unprofessional conduct and bullying by manager
The hardest part of my job is that my dept. manager constantly complain about speed with production when we have to do two people task on top of your own at times.
While my manager address to reduce work hours for our dept. they've hired three other new people which obviously mean the company would rather hire more employees at the starting wage than – more... allow hard working people to better themselves.
I am available to work anytime during business hours and never late or absent on my schedules (which shows that I am dedicated and willing to work whenever needed), but I do not have any opportunity to pick up hours. How is that fair?
The most enjoyable part of my job is complete all my production and prep work, while deliver extensive customer service.

Work bullying… there are few bystanders, as most people will eventually be sucked in. It's about survival. Employees like myself who try to voice out our concerns or speak out ideas would be get abused or pushed out just as it happened to me last week. I was being accused of argumentative, unwarranted criticisms of performance and false allegations. Managers in this store are so fake and cover up each other.
When upper management visits, managers would make us clean up and put smiles on our faces. DO NOT work here. – less
Good team and lots of learning opportunities
Accountant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 29, 2014
Good team and lots of learning opportunities

I really enjoy it!
Typical day at work
Shipping Controller (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 26, 2014
the typical day at work I had when system got shut down and no one able to work and we successfully managed everything on time.
Fun place , Extremely Fast Paced and Unlimited Coffee
Warehouse Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Regina, SKMay 23, 2014
Loblaw Warehouse was a fun place , The co-workers and management were chilled out, However the work environment and very nature of work was fast paced and challenging, with insane Multi tasking skills required to survive. Computers , radios , phones were simultaneously used to manage 1 million square feet
Good company to work for.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2014
Various jobs were done each day. Management was ok depending on who it was.
Productive and fast pace environment
Assembly Worker (Current Employee), Regina, SKApril 23, 2014
Pros: reasonable wage
Cons: odd shift hours
A typical day at work would be picking 200 items & up, pallet building, and staging the pallets in shipping areas.
Fun workplace and freindly team
Supply Chain Analyst (Co-op) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, helpful management, many thing to learn
Cons: location
Loblaw company is a fun workplace. I am working as a co-op Supply Chain Analyst and i found the team and the management very friendly and cooperative. Great thing about working here is that the management is not bossy but leader instead.
Productive and Great Place to Work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches and festival activities.
Loblaw companies is the great place to work.Management is very coopretive and friendly.I enjoyed alot during job and is very good company to grow your carrier.
Management needs a kick, but other clerks are good people
Produce clerk (Current Employee), HamiltonApril 2, 2014
Pros: other workers feel the same
Cons: bad hours, don't make enough money.
This company doesn't respect their workers. They don't care how long you've been there, they will hire another part timer and give them 10 hours a week, just so they don't have to move someone up to full time. They give you as little hours as they can, and are always looking for ways to cut more hours. Even after my 10 years of experience, and the need – more... for another full time position since someone just left, they're hiring part time. – less
fast paced and hard to keep up with numbers needed for average
Labourer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: has cafeteria, normal work hours
Cons: management is rough, goals set to high, training help very little, turn over rate shows job difficulty
every day is the same go in find a machine pick orders then lunch then pick more orders. neatly stack orders for shipment and wrap them in a timely fashion to be ready for the next set of orders.
What I have learned
System Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 17, 2014
At Loblaws, I have learned to effectively work with multiple teams across different platforms. Had good exposure with the customers understanding their issues, explaining to them the root cause of the issue in simple business terms which they can understand easily. Last not least I have learned to attend the issues with a smile under the pressurized – more... situations. The hardest part of the job is to have all the technical teams and the business teams in the same pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have interaction with lots of enthusiastic people who works with a smile for the President's choice Financial. Also the job at Loblaws helped me to learn well the Credit Card management. – less
Dynamic and management is active in communicating directions
Coordinator, Data Integrity (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee
My typical day consists of reviewing problems posted by stores on the portal and resolving them.

Co-workers are nice to work with.
Lots of flexibility
Service Coordinator/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2014
Pros: flexible time, if needed. excellent working hours
Cons: loud noises
In working at my current position, because I travel back and forth to Edmonton every few weeks, I have learned how to time manage to the best of my ability.

I work strictly with men (there are approximately 17 in each office) - I am the only female. The techs don't (for the most part) treat me differently. They understand that everyone has a job to – more... do and it gets done.

I like the job because right now I have excellent hours and a lot of flexibility in my time. Those are bonuses to me.

My boss works out of Edmonton, but is available when he is needed - even after hoursl He is very supportive when I get frustrated trying to do the work of two cities when it is just me. – less
Productive, fast pace business
Full-Time Credit Desk/ Distribution Services (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 12, 2014
Customer Service Representative for Stores and warehouses. Typical day at work, logging in to the phones. Set up the programs that are used for incoming calls, checking e-mails, checking voicemails, sorting and separating different types of claims. Paying claims, invoicing claims, submitting claims from incoming calls from stores. Denying claims. Updating – more... spreadsheet, and uploading them to Share point site. Investigating issues that have occurred at stores and confirming with the warehouse.

What I have learned from Loblaws, great team work, great customer service skills, multi-tasking, working in a face pace.

Managers would only come to the desk when there was an issue that need to be dealt with. They are always there to help, and always provided more information that would help the Department. They would have monthly Staff meetings to discuss any issues that co-workers have, and would also advice us on new information that the Company will be doing.

The co-workers are team players. We would all help each other any way that we can so that no one is ever behind and update. They are also outgoing and friendly.

The hardest part of the Job is when using the new system SAP and had limited time for training due to the launch that was happening in stores and warehouses.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers who are always there and support each other. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more

Loblaw Photos