Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,391 reviews matching the search
Good job
Night Receiver (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, ON27 June 2017
It's a flexible working environment. Management is open and fair.
Working midnight shift is hard on sleep patterns.
Extra hours are always available if required.
pleasant work environment
Fresh to Go Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 June 2017
Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment at the salad bar.
Answers the department telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call; including taking product orders.
Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques also anticipates and plans for seasonal selling opportunities.
Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area and salad bar is always clean and fresh.
Pros
good team
Cons
no cons
lovely place
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 June 2017
great company ever.
good managements and benefits.
had a greatest experience in my life to worked with this company as a cashier and pharmacy assistant.
Productive workplace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cardston, AB26 June 2017
Extra Foods had a productive work environment that was also fun and did not discourage employees. Most days consisted of stocking shelves in the grocery and dairy departments as well as facing items on isles in the grocery and dairy departments.
very large organization
Senior IT Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2017
Very large organization with a lot political players
Products are complicated
Very restrict and limited budget for projects
overall is okay place but not so great
Overall good workplace
Meat clerk (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON26 June 2017
Loblaws is a grocery store, just like any other. Many of the people working there have been in the same positions for 10+ years. Job security is nice, flexible hours, management is nice enough.
Decent
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa23 June 2017
Good part time job with good benefits, minimum pay and opportunity to advance. People are friendly, management is dumb and co-workers hate being there.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Boring
Nice workplace culture
Cheese Expert/Deli FT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Overall I am very happy with my position at loblaws. A nice work environment with friendly people. Great health benefits as well as an employee discount card are some of the pros of working there.
Benefits
Cons
Work every weekend
Good people
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 June 2017
really fun place to work with good people to work with, hours are flexible and good when you move up the ladder which is pretty easy, overall a very good choice to work
Pros
Free lunches
Its a grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
This store is just the run of the mill grocery store. Nothing special about it. Worked for a year for them without any of the management knowing my name. Management was average.
Unfortunate management scenario.
General Merchandising clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 June 2017
Though it was 5 years ago now the way management handled their workers was really poor. Requested time off was ignored because of nothing other than laziness in reworking the schedule. Simple day to day HR issues. Sad.

When I go in these days it is criminally understaffed. Have waited as a customer in line for over half an hour. The movement to minimize staffing which I assume has happened to save money is a bad decision.
Pros
Not sure if there were any.
Cons
Working there.
Slacker you got it made. If you work hard and do a good job you now get to finish the slackers job. No incentive to go above and beyond,
Baker (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 June 2017
They unwilling to listen even if you can show the positive points. Management only cares when their bosses have said they were going to arrive then it's all hands on deck. Unless management is under the microscope the customers are nothing but a after thought. As I have discover most store level management have worked most of their lives their which is not all bad, but what they call experience is in reality lack of experience. Experiencing a wide variety of thinks brings you true experience
Pros
10% discount on over priced products
Cons
Unwilling to listen, don't care about the customers, only worry about upper management
Snow is your worst enemy.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 June 2017
The hardiest part of the job is pushing carts when there is snow on the ground. As this happens in the winter when most others are in school we often would have to do it by our self's.
No backbone or care factor for employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON19 June 2017
The store where I worked at had no respect for the clerks, they treated their cashiers as expendable to make the customers feel good even if they were in the wrong. I have seen cashiers crying with no support from the manager who knew the cashier was innocent. The management did not show any professionalism as all rather only offering assistance to certain departments or individuals and only in their interest. After working for them for 2 years I started to feel more healthy when I started to work for a similar company that had a much better management that recognizes the hard work of their workers and that supports them instead of punishing and talking behind their backs. We also had nights that we were severely understaffed and were offered no help to cope with the labor deficit for the night but then were expected to still carry out all duties.
Horrible place to work, horrible managers
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC17 June 2017
I worked in the meat department as a meat clerk for almost 2 years and I thoroughly hated it. The first few months were great, but it all went downhill from there. The managers are horrible, a few were good but the managers of the meat department are horrible at their job. Several people quit working there while I was working there, most couldn't handle the managers or the work environment. I asked to be relocated a few times and was never moved, despite job postings being posted almost every other week... This job is also very repetitive and requires you to do lots of work. Covering both seafood and the meat department. The only thing that was good about working here was the benefits.
Pros
Free meals once in a while, some good managers
Cons
Horrible department managers, terrible work environment, varying hours
okay place
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 June 2017
I very much loved my job. a few pointers that location needed is proper training for front end on both curtesy and cash. As well as the managers need to be able to deal with the bad customers without making it look like their employees are just lazy brats who were trying not to do their job. Head office would give curtesy a set of rules we followed them. Or tried to till the managers would do as they please and make us look incompete.

again I loved my job just wished the managers were a little more co-operative.
Pros
great co workers.
Cons
not reasonable enough benefits and union cost to much.
There are so many Filipinos (Philippines) working there
FINANCE CLERK - Term (Pinnacle Staffing Solutions) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
I have learned many things in Loblaws, and one of them is SAP Accounting Software. Some finance managers will help / guide you step by step to be familiar with the software, but some managers will let their staff to train the newly hired employees.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tissue for term employees
Cons
Limited work for temporary employees
Comfortable , productive
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
Nice laid back job independent with minimal supervision, comfortable. Overnight made it tough. Led to my eventual departure but overall the job was smooth.
Environnement très agréable.
Superviseur caisse (Former Employee) –  Victoriaville, QC13 June 2017
J'ai beaucoup aimer travailler pour cette compagnie.
Pros
Carte rabais employés
Cons
Produit pas toujours disponibles
good workplace environment
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, QC13 June 2017
good work for part time
friendly colleagues
There is flexibility for shifts
discount for employees for grocery
very clean store
access by car trasnportation is easy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.