Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

Basic Job
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Typical day can range from nothing to do, to the printer malfunctioning, me and my coworker (with 3 extra years experience than me) work on fixing them commercial photo printer.

Good job for school, not good living wise, not enough coworker involvement in terms of advancing the departement in a fashion that would best suit the customers.

Ex. it took 1 1/2 years for a photo studio to start selling frames and only were given about 40-50 frames because it was a seasonal item.
(we had to bulk order and stash them so we could sell them throughout the year even though they are supposed to be seasonal)
Worst place ever
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Piece of poo job, my supervisor treated me like dirt on the road, and all the managers were fake as ever there, so glad I'm out of there and working somewhere where people actually have some respect for each other.
Pros
Cons
everything
Cashier at loblaws
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
I worked at Loblaw's many years ago. I loved working there it was one of my favorite jobs I ever had. I got to talk to people everyday. Also had great co-workers and my manager was very great.
Pros
CO-WORKERS
Cons
the pay was bad.
Fun and engaging
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 30, 2016
It was a co-op program for a year in the IT department. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help. The owner of the internship program encourages all interns to pursue interests that is related to IT and he offers to help direct to the right people if need be. Overall, there are a lot of areas to explore and I would do it again.
Pros
huge company, lots of things to learn
Cons
IT department is very fast paced
productive and fun
Cash, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 27, 2016
I learned from working at Loblaws, how to deal with rude costumers, It also improved my customer service skills. Greeting costumers and putting a smile on their face after along day makes my day way better . I feel so much better making people come back to my line just to be served by me!
Pros
working as a team
Cons
employees dont take their job seriously.
Great work environment and people. but salary and advancement could be better
Sr. Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Great work environment and great people, but job advancement opportunities and salary could be much better. Had excellent coworkers on my team and loved the culture and work space, but work is a but work can be routine and there isn't any clear advancement structure.
Flexibility
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
A great place to work with management that encourages flexibility and learning by employees. It really makes the office environment a healthy one
everybody was nice
Front end service clerk (Former Employee) –  380 the east mallJanuary 25, 2016
they were all nice people,
learned how to work safe
they had a staff luncheon for the Christmas holiday
had to clean the carts to make sure they were ready for the customers
Pros
respectful, understanding
Apparel
Customer Service (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCJanuary 24, 2016
Customer Service ,Manage front desk, assisting customers with purchases, exchanges and item holding , opening /closing procedures
Pros
availability open
Cons
very few hrs for part time personel
productive and fun workplace
GM Replenishment Clk. (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 22, 2016
As i worked under GM Department where i handle to departments i.e. housewares and electronics. Most Importantly my duties comes at first is all about customer service and then comes to generate the profit to the company with the new products. overall, this job helps me a lot in uplifting me in a good way and gets to know the importance of hard work.

Want to know more about Loblaw?

Ask a question
A great company to work for
Senior Process Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Coming from the manufacturing industry it was a great experience to have had the opportunity to learn about one of the biggest retail companies in Canada
Friendly enviroment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 14, 2016
This place was like a big family, everyone was so friendly and supportive. A typical day at work at Extra Foods would be work on the outside, and a lot of jokes and good times in the break room. It was always sad to see people go, it was really sad to see the place go.
Pros
I met a lot of good friends there
Cons
It's no longer running
hiring process
bakery clerk (Former Employee) –  Vanier, ONJanuary 12, 2016
when being hired for the vanier location, be advised that if you have any form of criminal record with no pardon they will not consider you for employment. they told me they only go back 10 years.this not the case my record goes back 37 years and they refused me employment
Good as a First/Student Job
LOBLAWS NATURAL VALUE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
The work is not difficult; employees are trusted with a good amount of responsibility. A worker must be in good physical health as he/she is required to lift, push, and pull products. Co-workers are generally respectful, as respectful as any typical work environment. Hardest part of the job is handling customers who expect you to know more than what you're trained for (like product ordering and alternating prices) but managers are more than willing to deal with those customers. Discount is 10% off products for employees working there for 6 months. Customers in this department will also ask a lot of questions about the alternative choices like soy, gluten-free, GMO-free products, where products are from, etc. So be ready to do some research.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Clientele has higher than usual expectations
fun place to work at
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 10, 2016
Working at Loblaws I felt completely at ease and the management and peers were fun, cooperative to work with.
the schedules were flexible and going there every day was something I looked forward to.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
was not a permanent position ; just a vendor set up
Not a nice place to work.
HMR (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NBJanuary 9, 2016
I often felt under trained, and over worked. I never got time off, and when I did I would often get called in. The management was not bad just unapproachable, and the other employees were not friendly. Out if all of my work experience this one was the worst, and I personally would never step foot in that store again, but its the only grocery store in town.
The worst place ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan caJanuary 9, 2016
Awful inhuman hours bullying management job threatened on a daily basis if you aren't willing to put in 18 hours a day with no overtime Pay you don't care about the company or the your job. Horrendous if you are in middle management. No training no support no teamwork. I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to work there.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Worst Company Distribution Center
Reach Truck Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 8, 2016
You are just a number,and you better have a back like a twenty yr old for as long as you work here.Standards are unrealistic, warehouse is laid out beyond stupidity ( be sure to stack a thousand+ pounds of product on top of your water bottle base) for starters. Pallets look like pyramids due to unrealistic standards of assemblers rushing to get it done in time so they don't get written up,suspended,and eventually fired.The Union is useless because they are in the companies pocket.Supervisors and Management think their s**t don't stink,and they all claim to have done assembly at some point. I've seen more supervisors replaced,and upper management change names a few times in my 15+ yrs. The only reason they got into supervisor positions is because they could not do the job (that would explain the mayonaise on their chins) This companies distribution center is equivalent to a sweat shop of a third world country.
Pros
There are no Pro's about this company.
Cons
Good liars at making you feel like your a valuable employee.
Great Company With Some Flaws
Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 5, 2016
There are so many great things overall that makes you proud to work there. Really loved the products that were produced and the generosity generated with the social climate (especially PC Children's Charity).

The working organization is so large it doesn't always know what the left hand is doing from the right. Might be something that can't be solved. Processes were greatly missing from my day to day experiences.

Great benefits and pay but struggles with bureaucracy. Work/life balance depends greatly on your manager. Some really awesome people peppered in with the not so great people.

Overall I really liked my job, but the lack of processes was the biggest struggle.
Pros
Amenities on site, Global Positioning, Bonuses
Cons
Lack of Process, Bureaucracy
Positive work experience
Outbound Transport Supervisor, F/T (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 5, 2016
I like working for a big company like Loblaw as it is a lot of different opportunities to move within the company to learn and apply my skill to make the work successful.