Loblaw

Loblaw Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced and exciting challenges
Senior Manager, Contracts, Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee), Brampton Head OfficeOctober 21, 2014
Pros: diverse environment
I believe that Loblaw is the most fast paced company that I have worked for and as a result, I have learned more in the time that I have worked there in comparison to other companies that I have been employed by. Loblaw pushes you to make decisions and to grow.
Low job security
Analyst, Vendor Audit (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 4, 2014
Relaxed corporate culture, but with all the changes very low job security
Productive and fun
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Cambridge , ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free gym membership, partial paid phone, discount at the store level
Cons: i enroll for the job, i do not complain about it
review inventory , purchasing , forecasting sales , review reports , create reports , resolve any issues that appears (transport, inventory ) vendor management, negotiations . I have learn to work in a very fast place , fast decision making .Management very supportive .
The hardest part of work is when you make mistakes . The most enjoyable part of – more... the job is this is not a job for me it is a carrier . – less
Structured Work
Vendor Audit Analyst (Former Employee), 1 President Choice - Head OfficeSeptember 28, 2014
To be fair, only there for 6 months. The specific line of position I had can be repetitive, however with the size of the company it's relatively eaiser to move around and learn new things.
Working like a horse all day long, nobody cares if you had a break or lunch.
Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, OnSeptember 27, 2014
Still working there, I hope its not going to be for long, just feel sorry for myself spending so many years there... Geting worse and worse every day...
You will be hungry and they don't care. you need more hours they say get another job.
former employee (Former Employee), not my problem anymoreSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: coffee machine in breakroom
Cons: no coffee for the machine
Don't get stuck working for this slave driving company.
Abusive treatment from managers, small wages not enough hours, you'll be working extremely hard because there too much to be done and not enough staff or time.
This was once a great company until it turn greedy...like so greedy it makes me sick to my stomach.
Waste of time!
Stockroom (Former Employee), LondonSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: paying union dues when not in the union, paying for insurance that you can't use
Don't even bother. You'll get minimum wage, get minimal hours, pay union dues, a union 'initiation fee', and pay for insurance that you'll never be able to use.

When it's all said and done, you'll get less than minimum wage.

The union, UFCW, is beyond useless, and only exists to suck money from your meager pay.

Don't even think about doing this to – more... supplement your income, but again, it's not worth it. – less
fun and resourceful
Senior Clerk AP Processing (Current Employee), weston winnipegSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: slow programs
its fun workng with people and mostly challenging
giving good workplace
sometimes too many invoices coming
Loss Prevention Rep (Former Employee), AjaxSeptember 15, 2014
claims and audit
learned loss prevention
management kept changing
team work was excellent
working with truck drivers
being heard
Large Company with many opportunities to make an impact
Senior Engineering Analyst, Flow Deployment (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: fantastic cafeteria, good social environment
Cons: no established career progression plan
Some of the nicest colleagues I've ever had, and the variety of projects and work available is exciting for someone just starting their career and looking to make a positive impact.

Overall it's a great company. There's just the same headaches you expect from all companies this size: lack of communication between teams, senior leadership that are either – more... too slow or too haphazard with their action plans, and the feeling that you're just this little cog in this massive machine. – less
Well supervised environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: always something to do, never boring.
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day in the Produce Department is displaying the product on the tables and answering customers inquiries.I learned how to lead a team and train new employees so that they can get the job done efficiently and right.the hardest part of the job is when we get too much overstock and we have to go through it all and organize everything while maintaining – more... the shopping floor. The best part is the positive work environment and being a part of a working team where everyone does their part. – less
Strong Management
Warehouse Assembler (Current Employee), Calgary,ABSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Receiving orders ,find the items, pick the items,
I learned how to control employee performance by software.
Strong management
Co-workers were so hard working
The hardest part of job was picking a lots of case per day
having experience with the one of the most efficient controlling software was the most enjoyable part .
I enjoyed working at Loblaw Companies Ltd.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at Loblaw Companies Ltd. Loblaw Companies Ltd. has a very desired office location, provided a great salary and created a wonderful job culture.
Great staff and co-workers
Operation Specialist (Current Employee), winnipeg, MBAugust 27, 2014
Pros: holidays and salary
Cons: 7 days a week, with no days off
Developed, implemented and coordinated successful business strategies improving productivity, employee attendance, performance management best practices and increasing employee morale; managed multiple warehouse projects ensuring their development, communication, and facilitation throughout our facility and organization; supports and develops rewarding – more... business partnerships through relationship building.

Proven ability and skill to oversee operations coordinating and trouble-shooting in a busy and evolving environment; Creative problem-solving and conflict management skills; Active leader who employs analysis and workable solutions while managing multiple projects; Assesses and implements practical operational and training solutions exceeding organizational goals and measurements – less
Great part time working environment
Pharmacy Technician (P/T) (Former Employee), MissisaugaAugust 25, 2014
Great environment to develop

Always room for growth

Resourceful colleagues
Long hours, no respect, low pay
Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg MBAugust 20, 2014
Cons: long shifts, low pay, ineffective union, incompetent management
Superstore is a really dreadful place. I've worked for the company for 5 years and I make 30 cents more than minimum wage.

Drama is abundant with management and colleagues talking behind others backs. Management frequently discusses personal manners with other employees.s

Avoid at all costs,
Great place to meet great customers!
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 15, 2014
I worked for over 15 plus year at Loblaws and had some good times and bad times while working there. I learned a lot about customer service while working with this company and made many friends with in the staff as well as the customers. Loblaws provided some security but little possibilities of advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job was the – more... customers. – less
Not recommended unless you're a student
Clerk (Current Employee), OttawaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: some great people to work with
Cons: lack of hours, low pay, raises are atrocious, head office has no clue what it's really like at store level, erroneous and outdated computer systems
I would never recommend this place to anyone other than students looking for a part time job. No respect in the workplace, head office only sees the bottom line, some department managers are horrendous to work for and the company preaches fiscal responsibility yet senior managers are handed very large bonuses while store staff are given 5 or 10 cent – more... raises every 750-1000 hours. Lots more to complain about but not enough time to do that now. In short STAY AWAY!!! – less
productive workplace
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 28, 2014
People at my workplace are very nice and willing to provide any assistance as required. We also have regular team building events and company's events regularly. In general I would recommend for young people to work here since people at work are all willing to mentor.
Good company.
Produce Rush Order Desk Representative (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 27, 2014
Good company to work for. Good location. Many job opportunities there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more

Loblaw Photos