Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,064 reviews matching the search
Productive and great staff
Asst bakery manager (Current Employee) –  charlortownSeptember 28, 2016
Fast paced, coworkers and management are very good to work with. Taught all the skills needed to preform the job.
Many in store activities for the staff
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Need more full time
fast paced, growing environment always something new to learn
Desktop Technician, Level (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2016
Loblaws is an ever changing, my years of working there has thought me that there will always be change and accepting those changing is the only way to move forward. better or worse.

any question please feel free to ask.
Great atmosphere
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Loblaws was a great place to work, tons of room to grow and Many career choices within the company. Everyone that works there is positive and always willing to help
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Mandatory weekend shifts
Incredibly talented and progressive environment
Sr. Director Strategic Projects (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Loblaw is a leader in creating leaders. The experience gained from working at Loblaw is invaluable. They invest in change and empower improvement for people and the environment.
Pros
Leadership Development
Cons
Work/life balance
Productive job
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  LavalSeptember 19, 2016
Nice place to work good social advantage and not far from my house and nice schedule of work most of the time the job is the same but still easy and physically entertaining
Pros
Lot of overtime
Cons
Salary
Great location to work at, good benefits
Pharmacist/Assistant Manager/Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 19, 2016
Amazing work environment. Very supportive staff and management. Hours of work ranged between 9-5 pm or 2-10 pm. Most enjoyable part of work was being able to assist patients with their medication needs and counselling about medication use.
Rewarding and Challenging Environment
Merchant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Great place to really hone your craft as a negotiator, forecaster and overall Category Manager. Lots of opportunity to advance if you put the long hours and hard work into it. Great place to work and Loblaws puts a lot of focus on creating a good culture.
Excellent benefits and compensation
Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 18, 2016
Loblaws is a company that works on developing a friendly environment for all employees. They are innovationists with new products and community care.
Pros
Benefits/stock options/culture
Cons
Large company
Poor place to work lack of proper training
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 17, 2016
I got injured on the job because of no training at all. I asked to be transferred and no one lift a finger to help me....they told me to stay on my sick leaf and they will contact me for an update , it has been almost 2months now. I spoke with 3 managers and all lost my sick days off paper from my doctor. They care zero about their employees! No one didn't even call to find out if I was ok
Pros
Clean lunch room
Cons
Poor management, lack of care and zero transpirancy
Great place to start a career
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 17, 2016
Nice people and friendly work environment. Management team are always there to help if need. But sometimes there are work related stuff that is not been dealt in maner.
it's a job
HR Advisor/Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 16, 2016
adequate place to work if in high school or in college. The coworkers are the best part of job

very micro managed environment

the hardest aspect is satisfying customers needs

love the coworkers
Pros
get to interact with customers.
Cons
no work life/balance, horrible pay.
Very Productive but Exhaustive
Front End Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2016
Very Productive but Exhaustive for part time workers. I work at Loblaws for three years and 6 months. I have smaller benefits and small income.
Pros
Free Foods
Stay clear
Produce Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONSeptember 14, 2016
I went in with a smile on my face and came out with anger. I learned that Loblaws is greedy and only cares about the money than the customers. The management absolutely sucked.

Some of my co-workers were amazing, but the rest are rude.
Pros
Extra dollar for overnight
Cons
Productive and great learning opportunities
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Quite fast paced, lots to learn and developing great working relationships with colleagues made it the best part of the job.
Co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2016
The work environment in the front end is very fun and welcoming because of the other cashiers. Most of us have a lot in common so there's always something to talk about which makes working there a lot better.
Cons
Fast pace environment, friendly staff and Customers.
Cashier, Front End Supervisor, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Isabella, MBSeptember 12, 2016
Loblaw Great Foods Isabella location is a face pace environment, took on many different positions, co-workers are the best people I have worked with. I had the best managers and mentors. Loblaw over all has been the greatest job I have ever had so far.
Pros
Amazing opportunities to move up in company, it's union, benifits
Cons
You don't get extra or raise when moving up in company and wage increase goes based on hours worked.
Bad work environment/ Sr. management is awful
Sr. Payroll Analyst/Team Lead, Franchise Payroll (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 12, 2016
Salary is not competitive for the amount of work you are expected to do. The Sr. Management in the payroll department is awful, horrible to work with. Middle management isn't much better with the exception of one but one out of 3 isn't reason enough to stay.
Excellent Company
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 10, 2016
Company is always looking to new innovations. They operate with the employee and the company's best interest. It is a large company so there are great opportunities though there is also large competition for these positions. Company runs with strict moral and social conduct.
Pros
Benefits / dress down fridays / stock options
Cons
large company / opportunities have great competition
Love to work with fun
Material Handler / Assembler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2016
I love to work in a busy phase, easy to learn new things and love to help people who are in need. I also love to share my knowledge in every way to help the company growth.
Highly insecure work environment
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2016
I have worked at LCL for one year and in that one year I saw a dozen people get let go by the business. People were let go for no reason. Some talent that I saw being dismissed were the hardest working, engaged, intelligent, and talented people. There is very poor leadership and retention of talent in this business. Hence, there is no job security in this organization. My advice is be prepared as if everyday might be your last.
Pros
free parking
Cons
job insecurity