Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,413 reviews matching the search
Fast-Paced Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 July 2017
The most enjoyable part of my position was the interaction with customers and keeping busy completely tasks.

Management was easy to talk to about our opinions, issues, and concerns with regard to providing exceptional customer service.

The opportunity to learn all aspects of seafood department; raw, fresh and frozen seafood. From storing to steaming lobster; and presenting displays that entice customers to purchase products.
Pros
accommodate part-time hours
Cons
no long term positions available
Bon pour les étudiants
Commis aux marchandises générales (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC23 July 2017
J'ai trouvé que l'ambiance est plutôt bonne, tout le monde se connait et sont sympathiques. Souvent les tâches reliés à l'emploi sont répétitives.
Pros
collègues sympathique
Cons
tâche répétitive
Good stable company
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 July 2017
Loblaw is a good stable company to work for whether in stores or at the Head office. Great people to work with who are passionate about what they do. Strong leadership.
Great environment for learning
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2017
Excellent staff and good working environment. Different responsibilities given but all well within your scope of practice. Good compensation and benefits.
Meh, its only good for a year break
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
its alright job for a student whose looking for a job for the summer or a year to get some extra bucks before heading back to school. Otherwise its best not to stay long and then you start to dread it
Pros
Some free food
Cons
no social life, schedules can be a mess
The other workers are nice
Assembler/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 July 2017
The company is okay if you did not go to a university. They are very flexible with schedules except December as they don't want people leaving for vacation.
Pros
You meet people from all over the world, diverse workplace
Cons
You can easily hurt your back if you are not careful
Always felt like I could be l could be let go at any moment
Sr. QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 July 2017
There was so much change all the time that it felt like I could be let go at any moment. It was very reactive with very little future planning. but I did lear A LOT.
Okay
Apparel Clerk (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 July 2017
Not really something to look forward to everyday because of the salary & intense workload.
Management is okay: very demanding & strict. Required to work 3 times a week because they're a union.
Hardest part of the job is getting along with the people in charge, especially since sometimes they don't understand the situation of their colleagues.
Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you're helping other people and put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Colleagues Benefits Card that can be aquired after 6 months in work
Cons
Taxing/stressful workload
A Fine Place to Work
Tim Hortons Café Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 July 2017
Co-workers make this place a great place to work. Coworkers are willing to help each other and are up beat and friendly.

Management is becoming more open to new ideas and more approachable.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor pay
Fast paced, fun, and friendly.
HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  42 Lorne street Sudbury Ontario11 July 2017
Never a dull moment. there is always something to do to make the day go by quicker than I would have liked. Friendly workers and customers alike through the day. The management was always very fair to the employees along with the owner of the store himself.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Cons
Lunch rush

Want to know more about Loblaw?

Ask a question
Loblaw's
Cake Decorator/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Ontario11 July 2017
Wonderful company to work for. One of the cleanest and best organized company's that I have been able to work for. It is a place where employer's and employees look out for each other and work together to complete set tasks.
Pros
Clean, organized and beneficial work environment.
Cons
High stress, fast work pace.
Poor work experience with little management skills
Produce Clerk/Grocery Clerk/Garden Centre (Current Employee) –  London, On / Ottawa, On10 July 2017
Working for Loblaw was not a very fun experience. Management would only delegate and not work. Company understaffs and complains about how things look.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No hours, little room to move up in the company
Fun workplace
Cosmetic & Apparel Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 July 2017
I rate Loblaw 3/5 stars due to the fact that I was working nights, with this I had no pay raise. Other managers at the store were very rude to me because I was younger than all of them. They thought I didn't know what I was doing because I was so young. With that being said, the owner of Loblaw came to our store and said I was one of the most creative and hard working managers they had.
Loblaw is a good place to work
Service Clerk- Deli (Current Employee) –  Yonge, ON10 July 2017
You can have 8 hours shift or 4 hours shift, it depends on the schedulce provided by the manager, but I like to work there, because I could improved my english, I could not be afraid to talk to anyone, because I had to serve the costumers; is a good place, because you can know a lot of people and cultures,
But is hard to get a full-time job there, that is why I am applying for this job,
Pros
People
Cons
Different schedule every week
Good Employer
Telecom & PC Insurance), Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Loblaw and its subsidiaries are a great place to work. Head Office Jobs are well compensated but Job Security is non existent. Especially over the past 5 years, as Loblaw expands and amalgamates other companies (Shoppers etc.), they constantly offset costs by reducing their headcount, sometimes cutting positions months after they hired.
Fine place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 July 2017
Minimum wage but job is secure and the management is nice enough. Alright place to work overall.

Issues that one might have can be easily sorted out with management, and managers are nice and approachable.
Decent place to work
HMR CLERK (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2017
I worked at Loblaws for 3 and a half years in the HMR department. My favorite part about working at Loblaws was the community culture and sense of family amongst all the staff members in the store. The company does a good job at creating programs and initiatives that support diversity, employee wellbeing, and positivity. However, it has been my experience that certain managers do not promote these core values and for that reason my review is only 3 stars. Another big issue is that corporate is always cutting back labor which forces employees to work to their breaking point to try to meet increasing demands. Customers are often unhappy regarding certain things in the store and many of these issues directly relate to departments not having enough labor to get things done and in my opinion this is not an effective way to run a business.
Pros
Company provides free meals on occasion, 10% discount, community culture
Cons
Corrupt management, corporate constantly cutting labor
Good
Service Clerk Part time (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2017
My typical day is collecting carts outside and pushing them inside. Had to work very fast. Deal with customers who had no carts. Working in dry, wet and cold weather.
excellent work place
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 July 2017
managers, supervisors, pharmacists, and all other colleagues are very helpful and very friendly to work with..... they are always ready to help you and they care for you....
Staionary Work Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2017
The work day does not change that often. Usually stays the same and you don`t change much of your actions to accommodate to anything new they might add to your job entailment. Management is pretty friendly and understandable. There`s nothing really hard about this job. The only thing that bugged me was that we weren`t taught everything and we had to call a supervisor over for every little problem we had, such as, suspending a transaction.
Pros
nothing
Cons
don`t give a lot of hours to anybody working unless you`re a manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.