Loblaw Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Standard job environment
Cashier, Price (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 September 2017
You focus on your department, and deal with a lot of customer service. The most difficult part of the job is the angry customers. Creating new relationships everyday and seeing someone smile is the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Pros
staff BBQ
Cons
Not a happy environment
Good place to wrok
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
Loblaw is a good place I will recommend to the job seeker. The company promotes the blue culture in the whole company. Also the company encourage the work from home to improve the work efficiency.
Pros
very nice working environment
Cons
layoff
Horrible Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
Working here was very difficult. I was very young, people did not take me seriously at times and my hard work was not appreciated. The staff were not accommodating to previous commitments and I was never allowed to take any time off. I was not given an employee call list so I was never able to have anybody cover my shifts. One time I had salmonella poisoning and I was written up because I wasn't able to make it into work.
Easy place to work, friendly
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB20 September 2017
Friendly Enviornment
Learned many new things
Very patient staff willing to help you learn
Metting new different people
Flexible Schedule
New envionment with new skills to learn
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Standing all day
they close
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 September 2017
that location which I was working they close and nofrills after a few months coming so I find job in tim hortons .loblaws is good company but I think they like old people not yonge people .
Disposable Employees
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2017
Loblaws hires with no intention of keeping them or giving them hours. Employees are expected to adjust their lives around the needs of Loblaws but there is no guarantee of hours.
Night stocker
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2017
Good place. Treated people very good, work/life balance was. Fun place to work. Good vibes, people were pleasant to one another. Management was funny and engaging.
Great
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2017
Great place I love it. Great fantastic place to work. Great for students to get money. Fantastic environment. I love it a lot very much ah yessir. I do
Excellent working environment
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Shoppers / Loblaws is an excellent place to work at, I have worked there for 6 years and enjoyed every moment of it. They offer great benefits as well for all their employees.
Working at Loblaws
Photographer/Photo Lab Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 September 2017
*Turning on my Printer to start printing my 1 hour & online pictures.
*I help out Front End with long line up.

*Lots of workplace culture.
*Hardest Part: Screaming customers.
*Enjoyable Part: Being with Fellow Colleagues.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Hours
Loblaw
Senior Financial Analyst (Admin Accounting) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
Great Place to Work. Loblaw has great culture and work values. I am proud of Loblaw being a 100% Canadian company. Loblaw has great opportunity for growth and employees are supported in their education
It's afun place to work
Order picker shipping receiving (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 September 2017
It's an ok place to work but you have to have so many years of seniority to get a decent day shift.the supervisors don't harp at you as long as you do what you are
Suppose to.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Solid night shift
Productive,educational and a hard working workplace
Butcher & Grocery Shopper (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 September 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Loblaws as a butcher. Staff was cooperating and patient, they also took the time to teach more than I should've known since I wanted to approve as a butcher. I would come into work and start my night shift routine, how to clean the workplace and properly take care of the heavy machinery. Management was very respectful and accommodating to my needs and my school schedule. I believe the most difficult part of the job was maintaining the meat counter during the night rush hour on my own, i was often counting inventory in the freezer but also had to keep an eye on customers and the counter a distance away.
Pros
Lunch in a grocery store
Cons
understaffed
Customer Service, Management, Product Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
A great place to work. There's a lot of room for growth and career advancement. The training is amazing. Management is great, however, the customers can be a handful.
Pros
Discounts, great co-workers
Cons
Customers can be rude
Large company, very top heavy with management
Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights & Loyalty (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
A good company overall. Working on Shoppers Drug Mart is quite segregated from the rest of Loblaws. There is a major opportunity to improve the office space and culture at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Working in analytics is great, as there is a wealth of very rich data. However, the structure is very top heavy with lots of people in management and not many analysts, which makes it difficult to be agile and make decisions quickly.
lovely associates to work with and lots of fun during summer
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
I have working in Loblaws for the past 13 years and I really like working with the associates who are very kind and compassionate and enjoyable to be around. We spend a lot of time serving customers and know them by name. Management is easy to approach in times of need.
Pros
Barbecue every summer and cheap tickets to water parks and wonderland
Cons
Long hours sometimes
fast paced area of work
Night Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  ottawa ON17 September 2017
working with fast paced individuals maintaining the stands of the retail chaining business and success for the future
continuous nightly work maintaining the retail area of the sales floor and displays
scheduling the hours of work to the shipments of products for retail sales
Managment is very flexible with hours however the union fees seriously hurt the pay
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
mostly boring, easy, and monotonous work. Management is pretty good with flexibility but will overwork you without hesitation. Co-workers are usually a complete pain in the butt as they do next to nothing(with a few exceptions).
Pros
cheap/free food, 10% discount after 6 months, flexible hours
Cons
horrible management, distribution of work depended on how much you could kiss the Store Manager's rear, pay was down to 9.60 an hour from 11.40 after union fees
Productive, busy and demanding job.
Hot Meal Replacement Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 September 2017
Loblaws is a company that continuously seeks to improve the experience for customers. It offers great benefits for both full-time and part-time employees. A typical day is always busy and you must rely on colleagues to ensure everything runs smoothly and the customers' experience is great.
Pros
Great benefits and great hours to work.
Cons
Workplace safety needs improvement
Equal opportunity employer
WMS Controller (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 September 2017
WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK. lots of growth opportunities within company. I started there as assembler and in four years reached to wms coordinator position with my hard work and opportuinity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.