Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,040 reviews matching the search
Good position but store format changed.
Buggy Boy (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2016
I worked for Loblaws for almost twenty years. I was the most senior Buggy Boy and was able to choose my hours. I wanted to learn about other positions in the store and had applied for a few but was denied. The store's policy was to keep the handicapped persons outside of the store. I was comfortable working there until they changed the format of the store. The new hours that they offered were not ideal for me. I had not worked weekends in years and the new format stated that I would have to work three weekends per month and shorter hours through the week.
Pros
Able to talk to the customers and help them out to their cars with their groceries
Cons
Had to work outside in all types of weather.
clean and children friendly work place
Chef assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 21, 2016
Basically if you work in the cooking school you work mostly birthday pizza parties and sometimes cooking classes. On a 12 hour shift you don't get breaks.
Working for Loblaws rewarding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2016
My day at Loblaws started off by clocking in at the time clock,making sure I have my vest, name tag,pens and other things associated for work.I learned how to ring in the groceries fast and efficient,the management were easy to get along with so were my co-workers,the hardest part of the job was the long hours, and the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers on a daily basis.
Pros
the interaction with the customers
Awesome place
Associate Merchant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 19, 2016
The company is really a good and fun workplace for, the managers are nice. The company provides good benefits for its employees. I've gained a lot of experience there.
Overall its a good learning of customer service experience
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  3633 Westwind DR NE CalgaryAugust 17, 2016
Working with Loblaw is always a good experience with such a co-opartive staff and colleagues. Never feel tired being at work rather enjoy everytime because you interact with new people on daily basis.
productive and fun worplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
good management with a good picking system. I learn there how to drive warehouse trucks.Good pay with a good plan benefits.The hardest part of the job is the freezer picking.
Good team atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCAugust 17, 2016
I'm at a crossroads of what I want to do? I'm possibly looking for a new challenge not because Loblaws is a bad place to work. Quite the contrary actually. Ice been fortunate to have worked at Loblaws for almost 20 years.
Average
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 17, 2016
Some good people, complicated processes. No stability in job structure since cutbacks.Inconsistent adoption of initiatives and culture changes. Size disrupts creativity.
Lack of staff
Photolab Technician and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2016
the job I do right now is difficult because the lack of staff and the cutbacks iin hours makes the staff and the customers irritated and frustrated.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that the employees have a good working relationship and most of the customers are nice.
Productive and Fun Place too work
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONAugust 16, 2016
The hardest part of my job is deal with colleagues and people feeling on daily day. Their our some tough task that have too be done but get done everyday.
Pros
Free Lunches and Free Food
Cons
Long Hours
order picker/ reach truck operator
Order Picker/ Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 12, 2016
to obtain full time position with this company you are required to begin on the night shift and compete against other members of the team based on seniority.
A good place to work
Food Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2016
Loblaws has good management staff who care about their staff and maintaining a positive environment for their employees. Customer service excellence and customer retention through merchandising is a top priority for the company.
good benefitr
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
very fast work environment absolutely not a save job .but a great experience of learning about work of warehouse over pushing of management for working unsaved
Really lax workplace.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Christie and DupontAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work in my department would start out with putting goods out on the line and serving customers. I would do this throughout the day then at the end of the day I would clean my department and organize the back. I learned a lot about handling meat and how it should be prepared. My co workers were all cooperative and it was a friendly environment.
Pros
Low stress level working enviroment
Cons
Slow work days
Challenging retail environment.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2016
Shift work up to 24-hours PT per week. No full-time (40-hour weeks).

Physically and emotionally demanding dealing with the general public.

Skills learned - dealing with the public.

Management is standard. Some good managers, some not so much. Frequent management and staff turnover.

Shifts ranged from 4 to 8 hours. Pay was low. Benefits were minimal for PT employees.

As in any retail environment, co-workers ranged from good to poor.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Low pay, PT work, no real career advancement.
So far so good
Cashier Part Time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
It is an ok job. Most of the people are nice. The job is easy. Basically just scan products and receive payments. Sometimes too repetitive, some crazy clients and some nice clients.
Good place to learn on lots of aspect learn on different nationality and religion
Technicienne en administration (Current Employee) –  OfficeAugust 8, 2016
Work with more than 60 employees and more a day on payroll human resources csst emails and hiring do schedule and help the management staff
Fun to help and doing multiple tasks
Great co-workers and unique work environment at Loblaws MLG
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2016
The Loblaws I worked at previously is known as the company's "flagship store"; so as you'd imagine a typical day was usually pretty interesting to say the least. With a grocery store of 30+ aisles, and over a hundred employees you're constantly meeting new people, both customers and co-workers, and having new interactions all the time.
One great example of this was a senior German couple - the husband spoke no English, and the wife only a few words. I stood with the couple for around 5 minutes trying to understand what they needed, and then the wife goes "is there anyone who speaks German"; so I go over the PA of the store and call for an associate fluent in German. The associate arrives, speaks with the couple briefly, and then informs me that all they needed was for me to help them out of the store to the front entrance. I gladly accompany the couple to the exit, say goodbye and carry on with my daily duties.

That is just one of many unique customer interactions to be had at the Loblaws "flagship store"
Pros
great deals on groceries, free food fresh made in-store, great co-workers/management
Cons
long hours, cold + wet work areas (meat dept)
Phenomenal Work Experience
Natural Foods Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 6, 2016
Great work environment and the management provides great support. The department managers are extremely flexible and easy going.
Pros
union
Cons
long hours on feet
great place to work
Logistics Reporting Specialist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2016
Managers and co-workers have worked to produce high levels of accuracy and work productivity. The team took pride in work and strived to improve work performance. All memos, reports, forms and correspondence are completed on time with no errors.