Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dont even think about it
Clerk (Former Employee), HamiltonDecember 14, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: watch your back
A non authentic place to work in, always under the microscope.If you dont conform like a sheep, your life will be made horrific
Work schedule is unpredictable.
To survive, you need to indoctrinate yourself to gossip, back stabbing and dog eat dog mentality,
I started just "doing my job"only to end in psychological war fare .
Good environment for work
Loss prevention representative (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: one store for long hours
8 hours work day
2 breaks
Writing reports
Apprehending individuals engaged in theft activities
Working and Operating CCTV
gOOD TEAM MEMBERS TO WORK WITH
Dealing with stressful incidents at work
Preventing shrink and loss of the product
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2014
Productive but poor salary.

Good shifts and the human resources manager was excellent.

I learnt how to work in a very fast paced environment because I was always assigned about 4 or 5 isles to stock, I must finish them within a time limit and tidy the place.

My coworkers were good team players because we help each other when needed.

The hardest – more... part of the job was lifting about 60 kg of cartons filled with goods eg bags of rice and baking flowers. – less
Loblaw
Picker (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 2, 2014
At first, I really enjoyed the work place. Everyone was polite and respectful to me. I learned how to properly build skids for orders of food and operate a jigger. After a few months, I realized I was losing passion for what I did and it was conflicting with my personal life, in which resulted me to quit in order for me to take care of personal issues.
Good PT working place
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 22, 2014
Loblaw is the place for you if you are studing or you are juggling 2 jobs.The schedule is made based on your availability and the management is extremely accomodating.
There are opportunities to advance and also they offer benefits even for part time positions.
Productive and warm environment
Seafood Team Member (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 16, 2014
It's a warm and productive environment. It's very welcoming and provides new challenges for every employee .
productive, high paced and a fun place to work
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Regina, SKNovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low wage for the amount of work
Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order to expedite, trace or return merchandise that does not conform to specifications or purchase orders. create paperwork for receiving of merchandise coming in the warehouse. maintaining records of the inflow.this job has thought me time management being organised and as it is a high paced work place – more... u don't have time to relax which is the hardest part of the job . – less
Great Company
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee), MississaugaNovember 6, 2014
excellent company to work for, great culture and safety habits
Loblaws wants you to be their next slave.
Stocker (Former Employee), BomanvilleNovember 5, 2014
Pros: the guy singing in the aisle all night to p1ss management off.
Cons: being managed by disgustingly controlling and pathetic managers.
If you aren't in 5 minutes before the time you start then management will treat you like eye sore all day. If you aren't working fast enough (even on the first day!) then your job is at risk. If you are to mutter a word to the guy working beside you then you are yelled at by management that watches from upstairs. Overall I liked the job and the people – more... that worked there but as for management I could care less if they all went the way of the dinosaurs. They treat you like garbage and it seems they actually get pleasure out of it and only once you are past 3 months do things start to ease up but that is if you can even make it to the 3rd month and even then you will still hate working there. And one more thing that came to my surprise at the end of the meeting in which I was fired, everyone that I was hired with was all fired that week... The turn over rate is ridiculous and it won't change until they understand respect isn't earned by pressure and control especially in a country like ours! This job is only for Sheep slaves that do as they are told so unless you like being a conforming slave this job isn't for you though I am sure some loblaws out there are quite descent places to work at. – less
Good Work Environment With Lots of Different Cultural Celebrations All The Time
Project Coordinator / Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2014
Good Work Environment With Lots of Different Cultural Celebrations All The Time
Order Picker
Order Picker (Current Employee), Cambridge,ONNovember 3, 2014
A good job. I enjoy working there and the job is not overly difficult.
Work hard for a low pay with a great work environment!
Loblaw Employee (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: discount card, friendly and helpful colleagues
Cons: low salary, limited amounts of shifts, union is useless
A typical day at work would be doing your daily duties in your department, help out customers when they need help and socialize with others on your breaks. I learned responsibility and cooperation. The management is very disorganised. The people in charge do not know what they are doing at times, and they hesitate when making decisions. So there will – more... be a time when you know the managers are not being efficient or making a mistake, but you are not able to do anything about it. The co-workers are the reason to work at Loblaw. They are like family. They help you and look after you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with negative customers and managers. There are times when you won't be able to take a break because the store gets too busy, but the managers won't care (keep in mind, you get paid a low salary). They will continue t make you work like crazy. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with your colleagues and helping out customers. – less
Stressful at times, but co-workers kept things light and fun.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 29, 2014
The best part of my job was my co-workers and boss. We were a team and worked hard for each other and the success of our department. It was a job that didn't require you to take home. It was very busy and stressful at times but I always felt good that I helped people get what they needed as well as contributed to the business.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 27, 2014
My typical day at work had to do with administrative tasks, customer service, billing, and data entry. I was part of the management team, and my co-workers were amazing. I enjoyed going to work every day the hardest part was when they closed down the warehouse.
horrible dead end job
bakery employee (Former Employee), London,on.October 23, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: lousey hours and nasty management
Nasty uncaring management, boring boring job,hated every minute of it. Be prepared to work every weekend and every Fri. night, maybe a good job for a desperate student,but not an adult wanting to be a baker.
fast paced and exciting challenges
Senior Manager, Contracts, Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee), Brampton Head OfficeOctober 21, 2014
Pros: diverse environment
I believe that Loblaw is the most fast paced company that I have worked for and as a result, I have learned more in the time that I have worked there in comparison to other companies that I have been employed by. Loblaw pushes you to make decisions and to grow.
Low job security
Analyst, Vendor Audit (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 4, 2014
Relaxed corporate culture, but with all the changes very low job security
Productive and fun
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Cambridge , ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free gym membership, partial paid phone, discount at the store level
Cons: i enroll for the job, i do not complain about it
review inventory , purchasing , forecasting sales , review reports , create reports , resolve any issues that appears (transport, inventory ) vendor management, negotiations . I have learn to work in a very fast place , fast decision making .Management very supportive .
The hardest part of work is when you make mistakes . The most enjoyable part of – more... the job is this is not a job for me it is a carrier . – less
Structured Work
Vendor Audit Analyst (Former Employee), 1 President Choice - Head OfficeSeptember 28, 2014
To be fair, only there for 6 months. The specific line of position I had can be repetitive, however with the size of the company it's relatively eaiser to move around and learn new things.
Working like a horse all day long, nobody cares if you had a break or lunch.
Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, OnSeptember 27, 2014
Still working there, I hope its not going to be for long, just feel sorry for myself spending so many years there... Geting worse and worse every day...

1 2 3 4 5

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more