Loblaw

Loblaw Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
worked till physically unable to walk
gm flow,photo, night crew (Former Employee), calgary albertaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: long hours, often unclean and unsafe work place, overworked, little pay
I did photo electronics for over 3 years, in most stores they were in the same place my store they were opposite sides. I ran back and forth all day while battling with customers and trying to pass through till line ups ( photo was near the exit while electronics was in the back cornner). I was also stocking shelves in toys, haba, seasonal and house wears, offten left alone in all departments. Since running around for that long and doing the job of at least 3 people, I am now unable to walk without pain, when trying to ask for a more relaxed possition and going on modified duties they made my life very uncomfortable, the politics of this store was insane! Less drama in a high school girls locker room! Again not a recommended place to work for 10.50, no reasonable hours, the stress far out weights the paycheck!
Accountant
(1) Accountant (Current Employee), bramptonFebruary 15, 2015
Very good place to work for with good learning experience and good food and nice people. strongly recommended for employees
workplace is always safe
Full time mailroom clerk (Former Employee), winnipegFebruary 13, 2015
worked as a distribution clerk hanldes shipping receiving, data entry as well as tracking of items delivered and to be shipped
a fun place to work, friendly people
Floral clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good bennifits and occasional free lunch
Cons: none that i can remember
Always busy, doing routine maintenance on plants and flowers.
Creating floral designer for display and sale, plus custom designs for clients.
Management are very responsive to ideas to better display and sell floral products. They have ears that actually listen.
Co-workers were friendly and very productive. This showed in our floral ranking in the chain.
The hardest part of the job was floral holiday time, such as Christmas, Valentines Day, and of course Mother's Day.
All of the above.
Good
File clerk - summer job (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Very good work placement. I was a seasonal file clerk at loblaw head company in Brampton. It wasn't hard but it wasn't easy but I still reall liked it.
workplace is to service for customer
Inventory Control Analyst (Current Employee), reginaFebruary 4, 2015
hi we work this company as a grocery everyone knows the loblaw they provide no 1 food and service in canada .please check the all details in my resume
Excellent job Environment
Operations Analyst / Batch Process & Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Excellent job Environment, Staff are very cooperative, Management are friendly, and work environment are good. Very close to my house. All IT team are experience and very cooperative to resolve the issue.
It was fun to work.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible lunch hours
Cons: sometimes it takes a lot of physical ability.
As a overnight crew, my task was to stock produce goods in a proper manner. It needed lot of hard work to do it. But, in the end of a shift it always feels good that I did my job perfectly.
It was a pleasure to work there
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: no fingerpointing, just - what are we going to do now?
Cons: the benefits were diminishing slowly but surely
It's a huge company with a big IT department. It was very challenging and therefore interesting to build complex systems processing a million new records per day. Yet the IT jobs were outsourced to India, so I eventually was laid off as were many of my colleagues.
Fun and fashionable
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2015
GAP is one of my favorite retail stores, there for I loved working for them. I enjoyed being up to date with the latest trends and getting a first peek of what the new fashion season would be bringing. It was always fun to go into work and see the many different kinds of styles of people that I worked with and expanding my fashion knowledge with them.
office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Responsibilities included: setting up departure notes in excel and word, printing and photocopying load and trip sheets, preparing paperwork, data entry, process documents and assisting with management issues.
Productive and fun environment ie Group activities
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: group activities or free lunches
Cons: on occasions we are required to work long hours if there's deadline to meet
During my tenure working at Loblaw, i enjoy working in a team environment as well as independently, i deal with both internal and external customers, one of the things i enjoyed most is the friendly interaction with the customers.
Great Starting Job
Department Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 22, 2015
A great place to work in school and fresh out of school. If you really enjoy customer service you can thrive here. Spent almost 2 years working my way though the ranks and increases based on hours worked. Made management within the two years. Staff and co-workers were wonderful to work with.
I have enjoyed working at Loblaw Companies Ltd.
Executive/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 21, 2015
It has been a great experience working here at Loblaw Companies Ltd.
Good work environment, low wages
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: fantastic management
Cons: low wages
They are one of the lowest paying companies for pharmacy assistant's/technician's in the profession. The management team is amazing ! Work environment is very good as well !
Typical Day of Work
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I was a cashier; I would deal with customers and handle cash.
Productive workplace with loads to learn.
Department Team Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: politics within the management
Management is bureaucratic, too much pressure, have to please upper level of management to move up.
A workplace that always challenges you through customer interaction
Photographer/ Electronics Sales Representative (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: nice discounts with employee discount card
A typical day at work includes:

-Booting up the printers, self-serve photo development kiosks, and computers
-Taking passport photos for customers
-Opening and closing the Photo Studio
-Assisting customers with developing and picking up their photos
-Taking photos of clients, followed by selecting, editing and printing their photo selections (all ages including babies, kids, adults)
-Helping clients checkout at the cashier both in Photo Studio and Electronics

-Most challenging part of the job-must be dealing with:

a) ensuring quality customer service is given when taking photos of clients, printing and delivering the photos

b)dealing with any unforeseen customer complaints

c) technological complications with the printers or other equipment

-Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a satisfied customer(s) walking away with their pictures and knowing you helped someone that day.
One of the worst employers
Human Resources (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 31, 2014
Cons: too many to list
Management has two faces. They preach work/life balance, customer service, advancement opportunities, etc but they don't practice it at all. There is no work/life balance. They expect all non union employees to work insane hours and not get paid for it. An example is one manager who worked night shift at a store and his shift was continually short. He had to do union work stocking shelves plus his own job and continually worked 10 to 14 hour days for 6 months when he burned out and quit. I know, because I was in HR and it was no different there either. The upper management also does not believe in coaching. If you are not performing the way they want, they sever your employment. They do not communicate that you are doing anything wrong. That is the Loblaw way.
Nasty, unorganized, thankless place to work for
Cashier (Current Employee), Stratford, ONDecember 19, 2014
Pros: some benefits, discount card
Cons: low pay, not enough hours, too much work with not enough incentive
A typical day consists of standing in one spot scanning and packing groceries.
Management is unorganized and useless.
coworkers are nice for the most part
Hardest part of the job is being overworked for terrible pay.
There isn't an enjoyable part of the job.
Not a place that I would recommend at all.

1 2 3 4 5

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more