Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,203 reviews matching the search
A Good Place to work
Analyst - Space Planning (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2017
Certainly one of the best places to work. quite casual work culture. Friendly people. Huge corporate office and mainly lots of parking spots.
Good company to work for who value their employees. The pay is competitive with others in the industry and opportunities for growth are open to all
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  3501 Yonge St15 February 2017
The culture is great. Hard working but laid back.

New management team is very open to new ideas and is constantly seeking ways to improve employee experience.
great work atmosphere, however can be repetitive.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2017
i enjoyed working at loblaws although it would be interesting to have more challenging work to do and less repetitive tasks
Alright place to work...
Picker Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 February 2017
I feel like Loblaws isn't the greatest place to work. They overwork you and don't pay you any respect.

You can get lots of hours sometimes but other times it can be completely dead and you get sent home early.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up to standards while stacking all of the products you pick onto the skids perfectly.

There is no really enjoyable part of the job honestly. I found it enjoyable when I thought of the job as working out.
Pros
Feels like a workout
Cons
difficult work and terrible management
Fun and Stressful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
It it fun to work at Loblaws because there are lot of funny people and good co workers. They will help you every time you have a hard time doing your job.

Only stressful is the challenge of getting your good percentage rating at the end of the day.
Great work experience, enjoyable workplace
Clothing department sales associate (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB13 February 2017
I enjoy working as a sales associate/cashier at Superstore for Loblaw. I have learned great customer service skills as well as task/ time management. My organizational and communication skills have also been exercised efficiently, I have learned to work independently as well as a team with my coworkers.
Pros
Great coworkers and management.
Cons
Shortage of scheduled working hours.
Great opportunities
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2017
Talented people. Large budgets to work with. Lots of opportunities to move laterally through the organization, Great place to work for students
i am kick boxer
loblaw (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2017
I am picker I stock boxes I driver two plat mashain working with system builing boxing in a good way heard worker a nice with pople making friends with others
Pros
anytime
Cons
anytime
Work Day
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2017
-Easy Shift Depending on how busy it is
- Helpful co workers
- friendly customers
- Great place for an entrance level job
- Quick and Easy to learn the job and get a handle around tasks required in your position
Pros
Good entrance level job
Cons
Rude customers
Very tense atmosphere, not a pleasant place to work
Senior Financial Analyst Franchise (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS9 February 2017
A company that once was possible to enjoy a career, Loblaw appears to be unwilling to retain employees long term.

Constant staff reductions generated a sense of uncertainty which exacerbated tensions at the head office.
good benifits, lower wages, indifferent managment
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 February 2017
good local runs, Windsor to Sudbury. High kilometer equipment, you have to do a thorough pre trip. company seems to be anti-union from corporate but on site management is ok. Indifferent bordering on incompetent dispatch is very frustrating, but there is no set route to get to your destination
Pros
freedom of routing
Cons
silly management
Cool place to work for
bakerly clerk (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON6 February 2017
Nice people and staff surrounding you, really willing to help get you upto speed so you're not feeling unsure of yourself in the bakery. Semi-fast paced work environment that can feel busy at times
Terrible meat manger.
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NS4 February 2017
Don't work for the Kingston meat dept. the manger is nothing but a self centered person who only cares about himself. Other then that it's not a bad job once you get past the bad management.
Great people and culture make it worthwhile coming to work every day
Associate Merchant, Dollar Shop (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
Great people and culture make it worthwhile coming to work everyday. Plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement
wasnt a very good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON2 February 2017
I didn't much like working for Loblaw's, the management was very unfriendly and off-putting. the hours weren't very good and they didn't offer fulltime.
Great Breath of Assortments
Associate Merchant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2017
-fast paced
-majority of job's tasks are critical
-tight timelines
-need to hit sales, budget, ntgp, etc.
-enjoy seeing great sales results when programs are executed, and stores are really behind the programs
-we have an amazing culture where we really value what fellow peers have as input
Pros
Lots of roles within the organization
Least Favourite place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
typical work day i would go on cash and bag groceries
managment wasn't very good
did not enjoy going to work at all
made friends with my co workers
cool
Front-End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON31 January 2017
Western is an inclusive and fun place for those who attend. Western is located about two hours west of Toronto, ON. The most enjoyable part of attending Western, is the people.
Strong culture for learning and improving
Director of maintenance western Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Fast paced dynamic enviroment with leading edge thinking, strong support policies and programs in place, very customer driven.
New ideas are encouraged and welcomed, innovation is a key for success.
Pros
Full pension
Cons
lots of trave
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON27 January 2017
I now work for The Real Canadian Superstore in Wasaga Beach. I think I was very lucky to get this job.
There is a great attitude in this store. Everyone I have met thus far are very friendly and helpful.
I like the benefits i will get once I am past my probationary period.
It's hard to tell who management are in our store, they don't make a big deal of it, and work just as hard as the rest of us.
I love the contact with our customers, and have a great time helping them both spend, and save money.
I have nothing but positive things to say about them, and hope that one of you will be as lucky as I am.
The hardest part, well I haven't found a hard part yet.
Pros
Benefits, employee discount card, free stuff