Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,477 reviews matching the search
Excellent working environment
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Shoppers / Loblaws is an excellent place to work at, I have worked there for 6 years and enjoyed every moment of it. They offer great benefits as well for all their employees.
Working at Loblaws
Photographer/Photo Lab Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 September 2017
*Turning on my Printer to start printing my 1 hour & online pictures.
*I help out Front End with long line up.

*Lots of workplace culture.
*Hardest Part: Screaming customers.
*Enjoyable Part: Being with Fellow Colleagues.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Hours
Loblaw
Senior Financial Analyst (Admin Accounting) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
Great Place to Work. Loblaw has great culture and work values. I am proud of Loblaw being a 100% Canadian company. Loblaw has great opportunity for growth and employees are supported in their education
It's afun place to work
Order picker shipping receiving (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 September 2017
It's an ok place to work but you have to have so many years of seniority to get a decent day shift.the supervisors don't harp at you as long as you do what you are
Suppose to.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Solid night shift
Productive,educational and a hard working workplace
Butcher & Grocery Shopper (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 September 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Loblaws as a butcher. Staff was cooperating and patient, they also took the time to teach more than I should've known since I wanted to approve as a butcher. I would come into work and start my night shift routine, how to clean the workplace and properly take care of the heavy machinery. Management was very respectful and accommodating to my needs and my school schedule. I believe the most difficult part of the job was maintaining the meat counter during the night rush hour on my own, i was often counting inventory in the freezer but also had to keep an eye on customers and the counter a distance away.
Pros
Lunch in a grocery store
Cons
understaffed
Customer Service, Management, Product Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
A great place to work. There's a lot of room for growth and career advancement. The training is amazing. Management is great, however, the customers can be a handful.
Pros
Discounts, great co-workers
Cons
Customers can be rude
Large company, very top heavy with management
Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights & Loyalty (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
A good company overall. Working on Shoppers Drug Mart is quite segregated from the rest of Loblaws. There is a major opportunity to improve the office space and culture at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Working in analytics is great, as there is a wealth of very rich data. However, the structure is very top heavy with lots of people in management and not many analysts, which makes it difficult to be agile and make decisions quickly.
lovely associates to work with and lots of fun during summer
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
I have working in Loblaws for the past 13 years and I really like working with the associates who are very kind and compassionate and enjoyable to be around. We spend a lot of time serving customers and know them by name. Management is easy to approach in times of need.
Pros
Barbecue every summer and cheap tickets to water parks and wonderland
Cons
Long hours sometimes
fast paced area of work
Night Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  ottawa ON17 September 2017
working with fast paced individuals maintaining the stands of the retail chaining business and success for the future
continuous nightly work maintaining the retail area of the sales floor and displays
scheduling the hours of work to the shipments of products for retail sales
Managment is very flexible with hours however the union fees seriously hurt the pay
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
mostly boring, easy, and monotonous work. Management is pretty good with flexibility but will overwork you without hesitation. Co-workers are usually a complete pain in the butt as they do next to nothing(with a few exceptions).
Pros
cheap/free food, 10% discount after 6 months, flexible hours
Cons
horrible management, distribution of work depended on how much you could kiss the Store Manager's rear, pay was down to 9.60 an hour from 11.40 after union fees
Productive, busy and demanding job.
Hot Meal Replacement Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 September 2017
Loblaws is a company that continuously seeks to improve the experience for customers. It offers great benefits for both full-time and part-time employees. A typical day is always busy and you must rely on colleagues to ensure everything runs smoothly and the customers' experience is great.
Pros
Great benefits and great hours to work.
Cons
Workplace safety needs improvement
Equal opportunity employer
WMS Controller (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 September 2017
WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK. lots of growth opportunities within company. I started there as assembler and in four years reached to wms coordinator position with my hard work and opportuinity.
Not too hard on you
Cashier and Customer Service at Super Store (Former Employee) –  Edmundston, NB11 September 2017
Honestly if you respect your co-workers everything should be fine. Discounts aren't too bad but Customer service is a bitch like everywhere else as usual.
fun
cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 September 2017
Superstore has the nicest staff!!!!! I never felt taken advantage of as a student of 14 years old! The job itself gave me lots of independance and has taught me a lot of valuable skillss!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Rude Customers, you'll get used to it ;)
Calm and quiet environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
I didn't work at Loblaw for long so I don't have much to say. The staff were friendly and the hours were all right. Customer's were a bit rude sometimes but that's all.
Pros
Unfriendly Customers
Cons
Friendly Staff
Productive and fun
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2017
I served deli products to customers, was a fun place to work. I like the grocery store environment. I enjoy being around food and serving customers. I take pride in serving customers clean & healthy food.
great place to work
Executive Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 September 2017
Manage complex and frequently changing travel arrangements and coordinate planning of trips
Handle the contract approval process - update and maintain database (over 1,000+ Vendors
Pros
gym on site
Cons
too far from home
loblaw
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2017
flexible schedule,easy work good for students.good people to work with and casual shifts,company is big enough to have different opportunities ,practice and learn customer service ,workload is constant and never ending.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
busy store, some rude customers
Excellent Canadian company to work for
Senior Manager, Offshore Food Procurement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
I was well-treated and am thankful for the ten years I worked there - I have no complaints. Most enjoyable (for anyone in procurement) was the prestige, buying power and travel - this allowed me to broaden my personal and professional horizons.
Pros
Camaraderie and ability to learn from a wide variety of colleagues
Cons
Administrative bureaucracy of a large organization
Exciting
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC3 September 2017
Go to work, punch in and start your day, it's fairly easy going and everyone likes to talk and be friendly and you feel very welcome and it gives your the best training you need to do the job (:

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval