Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

Energetic environment with new skills to be acquired
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 28, 2016
Day to Day interaction with new people is always a positive. I learned and added so many skills to that which I already possessed such as providing exceptional customer service to customers even when put in difficult positions. I learned how to be a part of the team and to always make sure that I always represent my team in a positive light.
co workers were always amazing to work with and we helped each other when help was needed.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult and rude customers, we always have to treat them with respect even when they do not show us any; with time that became easier to do.
The most enjoyable time was when there was something new to learn, I love to learn and often feel not stimulated enough when I have not learned something in a while.
Management was amazing, they always looked out for our well-being and were very approachable.
Pros
development of skill-set
Cons
Feeling drained after dealing with impatient customers
Productive and fun workplace, really love it!!!!!
Senior Bilingual Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 28, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, really love it!!!!!
Hardest par tof my job right now is the workload, there is so much on my desk that I just can't meet any of my deadlines anymore.
IS Retail/MM - Sr. Specialist, SAP Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  BRAMPTON ONTAIROJune 27, 2016
This is a very good company to work for, the environment and culture is unlike any other company. Bones pay is particularly impressive.
Pros
GOOD BONUS PAY
Cons
CREER ADVANCEMENT
Great Place to Work - Great people
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
I had a very positive experience at Loblaw! I felt that I was involved in interesting IT projects and really felt that I connected with my managers. My coworkers were pretty supportive as well. I think the hardest part of the job is all the concurrent projects and uncertain funding. A lot of things that need to be done end up being deferred. The annual IT planning process can be cumbersome and a lot of work especially if your business case or project is not approved.

The cafeteria is awesome, and there is a gym and little concessionary shop within the building. Totally awesome campus with a great vibe!
Pros
Subsidized food, yummy food, cool co-workers
Cons
Unfunded projects
Nice place to work
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 21, 2016
This company is a nice place to work, but pace is slow. Most colleagues are nice and friendly but nobody cares about the career road.
Pros
Most colleagues are nice and friendly.
Cons
Not care for people's career road.
Great place to learn social skills from
Grocery Bagger/Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 21, 2016
As a first job, I was able to learn important things such as communicating with the customers, taking complaints the right way and managing my bank account. I enjoyed working there, my co-workers were fun, enthusiastic people who helped me as well in the whole learning process. The part I most enjoyed about the job was communicating with customers and solving problems related to that.
Loblaws is a bad company (cant use "bad language here)
Store Development Refurbishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 21, 2016
They have no room for advancement unless you are a white male and they pay you really bad (cant use a bad word)for what you have to do. In order to get any sort of a break, you have to brown nose.
Pros
Cons
You are better off selling your soul
Office Administration assistant/ File clerk
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 20, 2016
Independent, friendly environment

very supportive management, encouraging co-workers

Not much busy , achievable targets

Work is not that hard

I have learned a lot, computer applications, filling system, team work, scanning , outlook
Terrible place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 20, 2016
I only stayed 1 week at this job as it was not what I expected. Even the most simple tasks are made difficult because the freezer where you get your products out of is usually filled with baking racks that are in your way. Also I was told to just climb on top of boxes of food to get to the boxes in the back.
Hygiene takes a back seat as well. I am surprised people are not getting sick.
Pros
Cons
minimum wage
Enjoy all work no life
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BCJune 19, 2016
I worked 13 hour days 5 days a week as a *department manager" and was fired for not enough hours worked. Over worked and severely under paid. horrible company
Warehouse picker
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 14, 2016
Start work at scheduled shift start, inspect assigned picking machine.
Receive customer orders for processing.
Lob
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bayview Village, ONJune 13, 2016
Constantly taken advantage of, workers lack motivation on a daily bases. Products are never ordered on time, so workers have nothing to do but stand around but are expected to do so much.
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 12, 2016
Loblaw was a great company to work for. The company changed a lot during my time with them. They were constantly evolving and diversifying to maintain there leadership in the retail market.
great building
Associate Merchant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 5, 2016
Best cafe - atrium with lots of food choices and latte bar - but so many people - bad parking - good thing they have a golf cart to escort people to back of lot
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
distance for me
Okay workplace
SAP Operator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 4, 2016
Some-what decent jobs for students and the longer you stay the more you get payed since the jobs are unionized. Fast paced work at busy times, can get crowded, and poor salary for newcomers.
Pros
Paid 15 minute Breaks
Cons
Weird hours
Material Flow
Flow Operations Clerk Nights (Former Employee) –  Glen Erin DriveJune 2, 2016
Go to work, go home

I was there for 3 years and my responsibilities went up while my wages stayed at minimum wage.

The supervisor constantly shifted blame.
garden center is a fun place to work
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be asking management what task to start off with and continues do to each task after each one is done.

What I learned is patience with customers in upsetting situations and how to deal with the matter.

Management works with me most of the time to help me focus on what needs to be done and how it will be done.

Co-workers are friendly and always helpful.

Hardest part of the job is managing an irate customer who argues your aid on the problem your dealing with.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with a pleased customer who trusts your aid.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
slow salary raises
really bad relationship with the employees
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills, ONMay 31, 2016
the compay is the worst place to work at , the boss is the worst person to have give you way more then need and just the worst place to work
Pros
good pay
Cons
dont get treated well
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 30, 2016
not a bad place to work to get your foot in the door of the real life working field. pay was not that well. hours could be long if nobody was there. seniority based company.
nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2016
It was the first company that I experienced working at it after immigrating to Canada , so it demonstrates this company's hospitality and diversity in terms of getting newcomers their first job opportunities in this country.Although , I found it some managing weak points at this company.
Pros
on time payment
Cons
repetitive tedious job