Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,128 reviews matching the search
great experience as a first job
food clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Loblaws is great, I've learned how to properly handle food, I've made many customers happy with the purchase of what they need and also I got to make a lot of friends at work since everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
long breaks for full time shifts
Cons
lack of hours
my cashier postion
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2016
i like seeing new faces everyday ,and i was glad all customers that left my cash always left with a smile .Cashier postion was straight forward ,i always kept area clean and always made sure i gave the right amount of change .
It is a warehouse.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2016
Assemble and label pallets of products according to orders received from stores. Maintain a production standard on a time per case picked basis.
Reaching quota or percentage within a supportive management
Order Assembler (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 December 2016
Preparing stocks from different supermarkets and hit the target quota for your performance. Management is very supportive for every new colleague. My co-workers are supportive as well. The hardest part of the job is that I need to hit the target quota/volume percentage every day.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
Reaching quota
Poor
Human Resources - Peer Recruiter (Current Employee) –  10 Lower Jarvis Street30 November 2016
Unprofessional, no appreciation for their workers. They do not pay their workers correctly, the do no give their employees the correct number of working hours they are guaranteed to as per the collective agreement.
Cons
Poor treatment of workers
About me an work
Customer service / cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 November 2016
I am currently working at customer service as well as cashier price checker self check out attendant an sometimes supervising. I do enjoy my job yet have come to the point where I want weekends off with my family. I'm looking for something Wednesday Thursday an Friday.
Hardest part is the hours. So in January I will be working Monday an Tuesday. I feel like my hard work is at times over looked. I have only missed 2 days in 16 years an I have never been late.
I am hoping to find something to fill my days an to keep myself busy. I do enjoy the public yet also work very well alone.
Pros
People I work with are fun an I enjoy the customers
Cons
Work hours all over the place no balance in life
Good Company
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2016
Exciting organizational changes - i.e. new acquisitions.
Fast paced and fun working environment. Challenging roles with opportunities for advancement.
closed down but it was great
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  saint-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC29 November 2016
they closed down so it doesn't really matter but it was amazing working there, boss was hilarious and kind and so were the workers and customers .
fast paced competitive environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
worked as a cashier as well at the hot foods to go section, taking payments from customers, clean up workplace, put away inventory, closed the section after hours
Garbage
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON27 November 2016
I was working night crew and always expecting more with less paid, benefits are garbage for part time.managers are ok, supervisors and high rank bosses not even good morning. Human resource should be doing something about LOBLAWS. I I had the power will put then out of Bussines. I finally find the place to put a review and hopping people listen and stop working for them, make them rich,WHY? They don't care about you missing New Years with your kids, only about you working like mad man. Hope people can hear me out Loblaws is not what they think it is.it is not the only job you are goin to find in your life. Today I am working at a better place far from junior and his clan
Pros
Employees are good people but scare of losing job
Cons
Bad company to work, won't recommend even if is the only one out there
Great job experience
produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
- A typical day at work would consist of filling in the holes where there wasn't enough fruits/vegetables.

- I learned how to become more independent when I was the only working on busy days.
Pros
Would get assistant if I needed it
Cons
Managers would try and push over younger employees
Fun workplace
Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  South Surrey, BC25 November 2016
I enjoy working with my colleagues although the job is really physically demanding and you need to keep up the pace for 8 or 10 hours (depending on what schedule you have either 4 days 10 hours or 5 days 8 hours). Very busy environment and crazy overtime every week.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Crazy overtime
nice place
account payable (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2016
This was a nice place to work but it was ongoing contract position so had to leave. Nice managers and co-workers. Professional work environment.
Loblaws review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON22 November 2016
This was my First job and it was quite an experience. It opened my eyes to jobs and i find it gave me great customer service skills being a cashier and all around communication skills working with people all day.
Pros
Great job for young students
Cons
pay rate
Great Team
Home Meal Replacement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
Great team to work with. It is fun and enjoyable. Flexible hours. You get to learn a lot about food. The payment it ain't that bad.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Many breaks
SAP Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2016
Success is based on managing the relationship with colleagues. It is a fast paced environment and need to demonstrate strong conflict resolution skills. A good place to work for someone that enjoys being challenged!
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Work/life balance
Bad
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS20 November 2016
Great place to work but it's the management that makes it a terrible place to work. If you like puppet work, this is the job for you.
I'd only recommend working here for students
Productive and good management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 November 2016
lifting goods and organizing good and operates forklift and other machines is a typical day at work, lifting heavy goods is quiet tiring but time passes so quickly that you couldn't notice that the working hours was ended because of good relationship with co-worker and because of teamwork that makes the job enjoyable. The benefits is good and the management has considerations.
Pros
free snacks if zero accident in a month
Great for Students
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 November 2016
Flexible Hours, minimum wage, union, offer benefits to part-time, hard to move up in the company unless management likes you even if you're qualified.
Pros
union
Cons
no room for growth
Bad place to work
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB17 November 2016
High turn over of staff. They fire long term staff to keep salary down. They'll use whatever means to get reed of staff. If that means making false police reports. My case got thrown out of court because of no evidence.