Loblaw Employee Reviews

Not good family life bad management in transport
Shunt Driver (Current Employee) –  Regina16 October 2017
Not a good family life. No holidays off .work 365 days employees are not treated the same. Management favours certain people . Management sucks in transport.work your butt off and get no appreciation for it.
Benefits
Cons
Employees not treated the same and no perks work 365 days a year no holidays off
Its ok for a first job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 October 2017
You make great friends. The hours aren't bad. Flexible with schedule. The work isn't challenging, just repetitive. Discount is nice if you already shop there.
Massive organization - very cut throat
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
The business is very target oriented. The sheer size does create opportunities to move into different roles if one chooses. There has been a shift toward remote workplaces.
Pros
Flex work week
Cons
Senior management
Its fun there coworkers there are the best
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
I really like the place is com people get along with each other and people there are always wiling to help you no matter what.If you have questions for them there always wiling to answer them no matter what at Loblaw its like a big family
Merchandising
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 October 2017
High stress and low reward. Long hours and poor worklife balance.
Targets are often unachievable and unfortunately career progression is very difficult due to the political nature of the organization.
Bad scheduling
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS10 October 2017
I had no choice but to quit as the new person trained in scheduling would keep scheduling me for days I required off from my other job.

Besides that, really nice people and customers :)
Everyday is something new with management
Electronics Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2017
- unable to trust the management
- great learning opportunities with customer service and retail
- there is no appreciation for hardworking.
- you are on your own when it comes to management.
Everything goes okay untill u meet that type of employees and supervisors
Order Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 October 2017
Work hard and get paid here, this company will take care of you. Good money, benefits,challanges,extra hours. Although no one can earn respect unless u are 15 year old employee. Person named skyler is complete racist at marine drive loblaw warehouse.u have to be in urself here,cant trust anyone.good luck
Good work place for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
Being a Loblaw's cashier was a good experience as it helped improve memorization and social skills. The workplace culture was average as I did not really connect with the other employee, probably due to the age difference. Management was responsible, understanding, and welcoming.
This is a great place to work ....
Cash Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NS1 October 2017
This is a great place to work when your young and in school. They have good hours for students and are understanding when you go to university. I highly recommend for young people ... or people who are looking for part time work its a great place
Not very organized
Member of the Renovation Crew (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 September 2017
Managers were not organized and constantly changing their minds on jobs. Hard to complete the work if the work keeps changing. Troubles with sending shipments on time and getting the orders needed to complete the job.
Exellent company
Forklift Operator - General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2017
Driving Forklift, receiving skids and putting them away. Replenishment of empty slots. Picking customer’s order. Receiving and shipping. Janitorial services, utility work and miscellaneous.
A great company to work for
Click and Collect Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2017
Offers great work hours and benefits for part time workers. Work is not to stressfully or unreasonable to carry out. Always opportunities to advance with in the company if desired.
Fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
When you start your shift, you'd make sure you have a tidy desk and re assure that you have everything that you need like bags, receipt paper, a pen. I learned how to remember many codes and how to use a cash register. The management was great.
Do you like working weekends?
Operations Grocery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 September 2017
24/7 operation with no balanced between work and home life. Poor ergonomics with little consideration to how someone could potentially get hurt. Not bad if you are young and full of energy but would recommend looking elsewhere
Busy grocery store that was always understaffed
, Customer Service Clerk, Trainer and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 September 2017
At Loblaws I started as a cashier then got trained on the customer service desk. Shortly thereafter I was trained on how to train new cashiers and absolutely loved that.
Pros
Benefits, pay, and I got to pick when I wanted to work.
Cons
Not enough staff for the busy times.
Standard job environment
Cashier, Price (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 September 2017
You focus on your department, and deal with a lot of customer service. The most difficult part of the job is the angry customers. Creating new relationships everyday and seeing someone smile is the most enjoyable aspect of the job.
Pros
staff BBQ
Cons
Not a happy environment
Good place to wrok
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
Loblaw is a good place I will recommend to the job seeker. The company promotes the blue culture in the whole company. Also the company encourage the work from home to improve the work efficiency.
Pros
very nice working environment
Cons
layoff
Horrible Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
Working here was very difficult. I was very young, people did not take me seriously at times and my hard work was not appreciated. The staff were not accommodating to previous commitments and I was never allowed to take any time off. I was not given an employee call list so I was never able to have anybody cover my shifts. One time I had salmonella poisoning and I was written up because I wasn't able to make it into work.
Easy place to work, friendly
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB20 September 2017
Friendly Enviornment
Learned many new things
Very patient staff willing to help you learn
Metting new different people
Flexible Schedule
New envionment with new skills to learn
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Standing all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loblaw. Our community is ready to answer.