Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

Its Okay
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 26, 2016
Everyday varies as it mostly depends on the amount of costumers. Busy days I deal with stressful time, however, I manage it simply and improve my fast working skills. I enjoy talking to costumers, and now get to know the common customers. On less busy days, I tend to volunteer to work at other departments as they always have things to do and I rather do work. I got experience in many other departments. However, the store doesn't have any benefits offered, not even discounts on anything, sometimes free food. The management is also not great and sometimes appears to be less educated.
Free work environment
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
The management was never hovering. they gave direction and let you do your job. the coworkers are great people and very friendly
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 24, 2016
Not a good company that one can make a career out of. Problems stem from upper management down to store level and radiate towards all staff. Avoid at all costs
Nice place to work
Colleague (Current Employee) –  17 lesile street torontoMay 23, 2016
I am lucky enough to have a good manager and people in my team. they are cooperative and help you to learn.
It is good learning place.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Slow career growth
good place to start
order picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 21, 2016
working at loblaw for the first few months was great but after six months it starts to get to you and really fast you start to hate your job
Flexible with schedule, but awful management.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2016
It's a job that needs experience and it helps expand your knowledge in the loss prevention field. Unfortunately the management that controls the loss prevention lacks professionalism. Bad communication and apprehension policies for both internal and external are ludicrous. As a person with many years of experience, I was disappointed.
Pros
Flexible with schedules and weekends off
Cons
Horrible communication
Loblaw has provided me with the challenge of coming into a new setting, working hard to increase their sales and improve their shoppers experience.
Optician/Optical Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKMay 18, 2016
Whether I am working on my own (as I do over 40 percent of the time) or if I am with a co-worker, I give it my all. I work well individually or in a team setting. I deal with customers each day in a professional, one-on-one basis, educating and helping them make the best choice in their purchase of eyewear. I constantly adapt and change to new product, technology and new employees. I help train them when necessary and assist them regularly. All this is done within the guidelines that Loblaw outlines.

This is my first employment in a "huge" company like Loblaw and do find that you can feel like "just another employee" but I have worked extra hard and therefore become their employee recognized as "employee of the month".
Great Organization
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 18, 2016
Loblaw is a great organization, phenomenal colleagues, and fun yet fast past leaning environment. Overall Loblaw is a great employer.
work really really hard
IT Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
company is constantly changing and requires a lot of hours and understanding family

People culture is respect,

Respectable benefits, and a good share buying plan

Keeping up with day to day demands requires constant reviewing of priorities, and those can change within hours
Pros
In-house training
Tobacco Operator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 15, 2016
Its a good place to work and great people to work with, good benefits and good hours. Works around your schedule if your in school.
workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
a typical work day is u get up and get ready for work like other normal people do. get your lunch ready you don't want to spend your money at work. and do your job best as you can. finish work go home and do the same thing tomorrow
great experinece
Deli Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
very good and supportive environment, very good experience working in this company. Very friendly and enjoyable.I learned a lot of skills which will help my experience.
Productive place to work
Sales Representative/Execution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeshore, ONMay 9, 2016
Provided customer service. Amazing place to work and the people are awesome. Lead team of 10 and provided feedback. Renovations and Remodelling completed within 6 months.
Productive and Fun workplace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2016
My co-workers were very nice to me when I was on training. They trained me really well now I do everyting bynmyself. Supervision is nice too.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Less hour
Watch yourself - especially if you're not part of the "in crowd"
manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 8, 2016
They are a good employer overall but once you get to the age of 50, count your days. They terminate long term employee affecting pensions and benefits of tenured/mature workers. As for promotions, this will work if you are part of the team that likes you or you latch on to someone that's rising in the company.
Pros
Experience, many areas to work in
Cons
lack of help and true opportunity
HMR Clerk
HMR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 6, 2016
Busy, fast paced. Served customers, prepared orders operated cash register. Did dishes, operated fryer. Followed cleaning procedures, kept areas clean at all times
Fun workplace with energetic co-workers
FRONT END CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Don Mills, ONMay 5, 2016
learned alot, how to have patience with customers, and different codes needed to cash their purchases. The management is very organized here. The most enjoyable part of thejob is working with my co-workers and dealing with such amazing customers
Fast pasted
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 4, 2016
- Learning how to master food codes for the different products they have in store.

- meeting and greeting customers

- Working well with my co-workers and managers.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new customers.
Pros
Colleague discounts
Cons
standing for long hours
Politics and Games
Baker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 3, 2016
Stay far away from this company. You will not be happy here. If you are part time your hours will get cut, if you are the lowest employee you will get blamed at all the time for someone else's mistake. Managers and supervisors are useless and don't care about you at all. You will have to get in their game to be favoured. Lots of losers, cowards and lazy slackers work here especially at the bakery department. I would stay away from that department it is very abusive and defamatory place to work at and it is not for every one.
Pros
None what's so ever
Cons
Very abusive and defamatory place to work at
Productive and fun.
Collector (Former Employee) –  11 RedwayMay 3, 2016
Typical day at work would consist of collecting groceries for people and checking off whether we were able to collect all of them or not.

Learned a lot about the differences in brands and how to know which items to correctly pick out by analyzing expiry dates etc.

Co-workers were fantastic, extremely well-mannered and very friendly.

Hardest part if the job was the shortage of staff that resulted in people having to stay for extended shifts and no breaks were utilized (including paid breaks) sometimes due to how busy it was.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with the other divisions with the Loblaw store since we would have to go to each individual sector to get the required groceries.
Pros
Clean store, paid breaks and also the enviornment
Cons
Extended shifts and poor shift management.