Loblaw Employee Reviews

Found 1,179 reviews matching the search
Excellent place for personal Development
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
This job allowed me to be able to showcase my many skills and also showed me new techniques and order to present my best work for the customers viewing
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Night Hours
Overall experience
Department manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
I prefer not to say much. That by itself should convey my assessment of the company. Most of what I learnt was self taught and perhaps that was the best part of the job. The biggest lesson learnt was how preparation and pre assessment of new projects can help save a company valuable time and precious reputation. If processes are not in place, day to day operations become a fire fighting exercise.
Did not like it, at all.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 January 2017
Rough working circumstances, little room for advancement, no breathing room. Very difficult to work with, and would not make accommodations for medical issues. Did not like working there.
easy work
Produce Team & Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2017
i culled the produce everyday
swept and mopped
i distributed ice to the HMR counters
i stocked the extra produce in the back
my friends worked there
i had a blast
Productive, inclusive, and positive work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 January 2017
Working at Loblaws has been a joy for me since day1. The location I work at has built a great team over time and has managed to maintain a high standard of order as well as comfort, making it easy for customers as well as workers to enjoy their daily excursion to south keys.
many opportunities
management (Former Employee) –  Innisfail, AB19 January 2017
in the management position I was in bakery as well as produce over the years.
There was always paperwork to do, customer service, product presentation, rotation, and ordering. There was a constant stream of tasks on a daily basis, and staff to train, and work with, Being a team player was a big part of the job. Always having school age employees one always needed to guide them along. There was sales projections to do displays to build, and many hours of work.
I enjoyed all challenges given to me, Micromanaging was a big part of my work that I enjoyed a great deal.
Management was the difficult part of my career, communication was a big downfall.
Pros
challenges
Cons
management
organizing and stocking dairy products
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 January 2017
help customers,
stock shelves with dairy product
clean up messes
scan out old items
management was well appointed and organized
work experience was great there
Pros
easy job
Cons
cleaning up at the end of the night
Loblaws
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2017
Fun place to work, very friendly staff. They Say lots of room for growth in there company which is great but it takes a long time for that to happen. Not a lot of hours, couple shifts per week. Really great place for students to work.
Pros
Great staff, very friendly
Cons
Not a lot of hours to give
productive and fun workplace
Night crew (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Everybody in Loblaws are good and cooperating and the job is good at everything but salary they pay 11.40 hourly so it's not enough and especially it's part time job and I am looking for full time job with higher salary.
Fast-paced workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
The shifts I worked involved working at cash throughout the duration. The difficulty with this job was having only one task during 4-8 hour shifts.
fun and productive and stress free, challenging , super friendly superiors
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB16 January 2017
productive and theres a lot of room to grow fun workplace, challenging . managers and supervisor are friendly and care for their people.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours is depends how busy the store
Easy
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Easy work. However shift schedule was horrible. They were not scheduling enough.. coworkers and managers were amazing tho
"The Stupidstore"
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 January 2017
This is what everyone called the place my first day on the job working midnights (great first impression, but I later learned its a valid term for the place). All the managers pass work off to the next one and there is NO communication skills between them. I was fired for medical reasons and will be pursuing action if my employment and shifts aren't reinstated. In my time there I also filed 3 grievances for them giving away or cancelling shifts or sending me home with no reason. Would never work or recommend this place. Poor pay, work 10 days straight with no overtime sometimes, Miserable staff, Union reps that don't know their own policies. Some people are better than others in there, but id work in the greenhouses again before this place. They will hire employees with the intent of firing them after Christmas for reasons they can easily falsify. It was well known as managers there have no regard for privacy and will outright talk bad about their employees on break or the whole store knows someone is getting fired.... but only once the store is done using them as scab workers over the holidays.
Pros
Its something till you find something better.
Cons
everything.
great enviroment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2017
i would personal strongly recommend this as a first job great working environment provides a great sense of humour with a great atmosphere along with great co-workers
Company is a joke
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 January 2017
Company is run like employees are a bunch of slaves. Keep unrealistically raising expectations and firing people who have been there for 10 or 15 years when they cant meet them!! Dont work for these chumps. Dead end job
Pros
Prescriptions
Very Dynamic fastpaced organization
Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
Loblaw is a very fast paced dynamic organization. Organization is investing a lot on technology, people and processes. Management is progressive.Number of current initiatives that are currently under way will improve work life Balance in the future.
Pros
Good cheap food.dynamic technology driven environment
Cons
Location is west end. Any one travelling from East End will have it tough.
fun, easy,
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  The Pas, MB13 January 2017
it was fun because it was part time and was with other students.
we challenged other student to finish off work first.
it was easy because the shifts were small and we knew where everything went and what needed to get done first.
Don't expect to survive past probation
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vanier, ON13 January 2017
A few of my friends were laid off from the Loblaws in Vanier a few days before the end of probation with no valid reason. One in particular never even met the manager that called him to give him the news. I know so many other companies that does this as well, all this to say it is not fair. Do not trust overnight stock managers.
Each day productive/challenging
Project and Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2017
At Loblaws, everyday was challenging! Removed roadblocks, generated multiple financial reports which included forecasting, budgeting, working with Finance team to ensure $18 million was being spent as per forecast, coordinating meetings between Sr. Managers and Sr. Directors and/or between Sr. Managers and multiple mangers of different vendors. Cost analysis of additional work, tracking change requests and work intakes, also working closely with PMO (Project Management Office).
Pros
Town Halls, free products during launch of new products
productive and fun workplace
HMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2017
it's a great job to have. well rounded environment. most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers, they we're nicely welcoming to the rookies and in general. hardest part of the job was getting there.
Pros
break time wise, was nice.
Cons
not enough hours