Loblaw Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,011 reviews matching the search
Awesome company to work for! Everyone was like a big family and I met many of my friends at the job. Loved my boss too, she was amazing!
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SKJuly 23, 2016
Awesome place to work! Was like one big family, and the work was nice too. Met so many people there, and got lots of work experience. Would definitely consider working for Loblaws again one day.
Pros
Free food upstairs in the break room!
Cons
Found myself working alone in the evening lots
Beware of vanier loblaws
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vanier, ONJuly 19, 2016
Fromt end manager is extremely disrespectful to her staff and the working environment is very hostile due to employers drama!! do not work here!!
Pros
Staff 10% discount
Cons
Bad hours, rude staff, disrespectful management
great benefits to part-time staff
SALES CLERK (Current Employee) –  Midland, ONJuly 16, 2016
work closely with mid-level management as well as upper management, allows you to easily know your co-workers. management is well informed if you have any questions. Always staff near-by if you need help.
Tough Job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 13, 2016
This corporations philosophy is absolutely disgusting. The only thing they judge you off is performance, and if that isn't up to par meaning 90% and as FAST and exhausting as you can get they will let you go. Supervisors favour other employees over others. Also, If you just started here, make sure you don't get injured. When I hurt my arm they put me in the freezer for 5 consecutive days and I had no say. They give you freezer gear but let me tell you when your just sweeping an ice cold floor, your cold. Then my arm felt better and I got off lighter duties.. However I felt like the job wasn't for me.. Was told firmly I could work two weeks before quitting and my first official day back they terminated me. Now they got no claim to worry about. Great job loblaw! Do not work here if you want to get treated like a number instead of a person.
Pros
Good Pay, Unionized, Very nice fellow colleagues
Cons
Long hours, managers are shady, unsanitary conditions
Great work life balnce
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 12, 2016
Great place to start your career, good exposure to higher level management. There is a lot of young employees that make the environment more competitive and productive
Good Job Provider
Inventory Control Analyst/ Receiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 11, 2016
This company will can employ virtually anyone. Each store has needs for a diverse work force and everyone's skills can be an asset.
Forward looking business model to maintain industry edge
Data Storage Systems and Solution Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton , ONJuly 9, 2016
Moderate work environment, leading Canadian retail organisation with businesses focused on grocery, gas bars, health care and support.

Financial institution data management and support.
Pros
Colleague discount program available for items on promotion
Cons
Jobs Outsourcing
It was a great experience
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 9, 2016
I was living close by and it was a great experience. My manager was great and I was working with cakes so it was awesome!
The hardest part was closing because of the cleaning.
Pros
Discount card and free parking
3 hours of fun
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 8, 2016
I've worked at Loblaw's for pharmacy co-op. Sort medication, stocked medication and counted medication. This what I did for the majority of the days . I learned to be precise and fast, and to keep the costumers happy. The hardest part of the job was finding where to stock the medications
Pros
Passed the class
Cons
repetitive
Overall OK Work Experience
HMR Clerk (Current Employee) –  Nepean, ONJuly 8, 2016
Since I am currently a student, working at Loblaws has been a great first job! Though there have been some issues with scheduling due to lack of staff, my manager has been able to accommodate to my constantly busy schedule! Though lots of heavy lifting and standing, one gets used to it after some time.
well the day would always be filled with something to do always no shortage of that but employees another question
Houseware Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 7, 2016
i always got paid in acordance to the rules and always asked to work another shift .very busy store all day housewares is the second bigest department.
good place to work
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 7, 2016
a very good place to work , excellent benefits , everyone is treated equally . good pay , amazing facility a very motivated team in management
It sucks
None (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJuly 6, 2016
Do NOT work for this company. I was there 10 years and now that I'm gone i regret every day I was there. STAY AWAY Management sucks
Pros
Cons
TONS
Decent student job & Life Balance is atrocious
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 2, 2016
Im a student, whose worked at loblaws for 5 years, since highschool. It's a decent job to have as a student whether your in highschool or college; I wouldn't say university though. It's good money to save for school/daily expenses. However, you bust your balls for every dollar you make. I would say this job is above average in terms of physical labour, depending on your department. I worked in the dry foods. The scheduling and hours/life balance at Loblaws is absolutely beyond atrocious. Like it's literally beyond atrocious.

When your new, they tarnish you with a unreal load of hours and/or give you brutal shifts (2:30-11 back to back shifts, constant back to back 8 hour shifts, a 8 hour closing shift then a 8 hour opening shift the day after; even though there should be a 10 hour time difference in between shifts. The store i worked at didn't give a flying f...). I would give my availability of when I can work depending on my school schedule, and i would say about half the time ive been at this company for the last 5 years, every 2-3 weeks the manager would book me a shift that wasn't according to my availability. And the scary thing is, i'd get called out for not being able to work the shift or get complained at by the manager himself even though i specifically left an availability note saying i can not work that certain day.

At this company or well atleast at the store i worked at, you have to show them you work hard in order to get a mutual respect and build relationships from that point on from management/supervisors. However, no matter how hard you work and appreciated
  more... you are, you still ultimately get bent over with the scheduling no matter your seniority. It's a lose-lose situation, if they like you as a worker, they'll try to do everything add more hours and shifts to your life and then complaining back to you if you talk to them about the unwanted shifts.

At the end of the day, it's a good job for a student to make some extra side money for spending, but you must be ready to give up 70% of your social life for two simple reasons: 1 - no energy after an 8 hour shift to do anything, 2- if you act soft towards management/supervisors they'll take advantage of you and pump you with disgusting shifts and a crazy load of hours. I constantly had random people come up to me during work hours telling me how they use to work for this company but quit later on due to having no life outside of work due to the hours/types of shifts given at an unconcious rate.
Pros
decent student job
Cons
shift times, hours, scheduling, disgusting work life balance
Only Good For Students
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKJune 29, 2016
My workplace was terrible. I wonder how bad it would be to work there if it wasn't unionized.

Office staff was not easy to deal with.

A very demanding workplace. They expected you to work part time but do the work of a full time employee.

I am kind of embarrassed to say that I worked there.
Pros
good for students
Cons
poor pay, low hours, job not secure
Energetic environment with new skills to be acquired
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 28, 2016
Day to Day interaction with new people is always a positive. I learned and added so many skills to that which I already possessed such as providing exceptional customer service to customers even when put in difficult positions. I learned how to be a part of the team and to always make sure that I always represent my team in a positive light.
co workers were always amazing to work with and we helped each other when help was needed.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult and rude customers, we always have to treat them with respect even when they do not show us any; with time that became easier to do.
The most enjoyable time was when there was something new to learn, I love to learn and often feel not stimulated enough when I have not learned something in a while.
Management was amazing, they always looked out for our well-being and were very approachable.
Pros
development of skill-set
Cons
Feeling drained after dealing with impatient customers
Productive and fun workplace, really love it!!!!!
Senior Bilingual Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 28, 2016
Productive and fun workplace, really love it!!!!!
Hardest par tof my job right now is the workload, there is so much on my desk that I just can't meet any of my deadlines anymore.
IS Retail/MM - Sr. Specialist, SAP Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  BRAMPTON ONTAIROJune 27, 2016
This is a very good company to work for, the environment and culture is unlike any other company. Bones pay is particularly impressive.
Pros
GOOD BONUS PAY
Cons
CREER ADVANCEMENT
Great Place to Work - Great people
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
I had a very positive experience at Loblaw! I felt that I was involved in interesting IT projects and really felt that I connected with my managers. My coworkers were pretty supportive as well. I think the hardest part of the job is all the concurrent projects and uncertain funding. A lot of things that need to be done end up being deferred. The annual IT planning process can be cumbersome and a lot of work especially if your business case or project is not approved.

The cafeteria is awesome, and there is a gym and little concessionary shop within the building. Totally awesome campus with a great vibe!
Pros
Subsidized food, yummy food, cool co-workers
Cons
Unfunded projects
Nice place to work
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 21, 2016
This company is a nice place to work, but pace is slow. Most colleagues are nice and friendly but nobody cares about the career road.
Pros
Most colleagues are nice and friendly.
Cons
Not care for people's career road.