Loblaw

Loblaw Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Managment and co-workers were the best people.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: The hours I was given to work each day
Cons: Falling a little short on our goal in the Pharmacy
A Typical day at work would be arriving at 11 am processing over 70 + prescription without any complication and leaving work at 7:30pm stress free.

What I had learned over the past 7 years working at Loblaw pharmacy was that I got the experience how a pharmacy healthcare/business industries was built from ground up. Learning everything from bookkeeping, processing invoices, inventory management – more... right through provided extensive healthcare to patient and understanding each patient on a personally connection.

The management at Loblaw is fantastic. I bonded with my employer on a personally level and we still remain good friend.

My Pharmacist is an amazing person she never once gave up on me and always pushes me to be better. Great support from my Pharmacist.

The hardest part of the job was trying to make the pharmacy surpass our goal from previous year. Customer based was very limited but we all worked as a team to strive for greatness.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my management and Pharmacist because the 3 of us built the pharmacy reputation and getting up each morning to go to work was super easy.

I would like to say "Thank you" to my Manager and Pharmacist for everything you have done and taught me throughout the years of hardship. I greatly appreciated all the effort and time that you both had put in supporting and encouraging me to be a better person.

I will treasured all the long hours that you both put into training me.

#NofrillPharmacy – less
what time?
A train class 1 driver (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 21, 2015
Pros: discount at canadian super store
Cons: long hours, random dispatch times.
Guaranteed word everyday with a great pay structure and a workshop on hand 24hrs if needed. equipment was new and allocated to each driver. Dispatch times were very random which they may have rectified. No pressure in this job as the management made it clear to stop, rest if and when needed to putting safety of the driver first.
Positive Energy
Master Data Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 7, 2015
Staff and colleagues are great,
great environment, employees are given space to work, managed well with amazing support
worst place ever
HMR clerk (Former Employee), Real Canadain Superstore Georgetown ontairoJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free cake once in awhile
Cons: union dues, poor management
good workers get worked to hard, but always find themselves in trouble.
lazy workers are treated like gods
dare to make a change in the company, i.e like fixing a long over due safety problem. you find yourself quickly on a managers hitlist, with suspensions then finally being told quit or be fired.
and the union is a joke, you pay them a good chunk of your cheque and get kicked in the butt.

and yep i worked there for years ..
Great environment with amazing co-workers
Perpetual Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 27, 2015
A typical day at Loblaw was to stock the shelves with items missing or running low, makes sure the shelves are tidy and to help customers with any questions they had. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently while tending to the needs of customers. The management there was great and very understanding. The co-workers were great inviting people who made you feel welcome.
There was nothing too hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you weren't always working in one area you got to be in different departments
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/floater (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 23, 2015
Loblaw is a nice company to work with and gives you the opportunity to make new contacts along with gaining some amazing experience
Horrible wouldnt recommend it to anyone
night crew grocery (Former Employee), london ontJune 22, 2015
Pros: the part time co workers are nice
Cons: no training nand no respect or safety shown from full time people or bosses
I worked there for about a month and a half on nights as a grocery clerk. No training even the interview was a joke. So without training or showing you how they do anything they expect you to do as much as full time guys within a short amount of time. All they say to you is get faster without actually showing you how.

Sometimes the asst manager will tell you to run with the pump truck and when – more... youre not in for a shift will go to the boss and tell him fake numbers youre doing.

Avoid this job at all costs they bosses are a joke the way they train people is a joke. And if you do get the job be ready for them to fire you when youre not putting up numbers or running with the pump truck.

If they expect people to work harder maybe pay better than min wage while the people who are getting 20 an hour sit around and do nothing but tell you to get faster.

Dead end job I would rather go back to walmart ;) – less
warehouse worker
Warehouse laborer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
Received, stored and distributed goods
Loaded and unloaded shipments
Performed goods receipts and goods issues
Coordinated material transfers
Prepared receiving reports and other paperwork
Packed and unpacked orders as and when instructed
Measured, cut and spooled wire materials
Verified quantities and items being shipped
Cashier - Respect for Colleauges is a joke !
Cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, BCJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free cake sometimes
Cons: Bad Colleagues
Worked as a front end Cashier and there is NO respect between colleagues... NONE !!! Got yelled at by Customer Service when I needed their help with a customer.

Manager thinks she knows what she's doing, but HER colleagues make fun of her on a daily basis, especially with her "Huddle"...

This is also a Union job, and they take $50 for membership and then $18.88 per PAYCHEQUE with no hope of – more... any help from the Union.

AND the most frustrating part of the job is if the customer insults you, is unkind, mean, a jerk...etc... you HAVE to take their abuse and that is WRONG is so many ways !

Flexible hours?? If you're restricted, you get 4 to 8 hrs per week, unrestricted, 12 to 20 hrs... And that means you take whatever chunk of hours they give you, ie: Monday 8am - 12pm, Wed 7pm - 11pm, Friday 2pm - 7pm, so you're all over the map EVERY WEEK... And NOBODY is FULL-TIME ! Don't be misled...

Think twice about working there, they have hired many cashiers in my time with them, and many have left !!! – less
the Job requerment on nights is far more demanding than day shif.
Replenishment clerk nights (Former Employee), Milton ONJune 12, 2015
Pros: I liked working nights as i am able to spend the days doing my gardening
Cons: wroking nights does cut in to your social life
Loblaw is a great company to work for but with changes over the last 5 years in younger management staff and higher demands less members on nights and cutting hours it has become incessantly more difficult to get the job done properly and in a timely matter ,
the staff however consist of ppl form all walks of life and the team work is relatively good.
Good Place to work
Senior Specialist, Internal Audit Services (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
Good Place to work. Large company, really nice head office. Loud working environment due to open nature. Great perks outside of work including product samples and new product trials.
Thankless & Absuive Management
Cashier (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits
Cons: Being treated horribly
Probably the worst place I have ever been employed because of management abuse. Extremely low hours that level out at 4 hrs/ per week; with no consistency. When the managers don't get their way, you specifically are blamed - Yelling and swearing. Never have been thanked once, work was never encouraged or complimented - Numerous safety issues within the company that are just "looked past" because managers don't want to deal with them. And worst of all, it's a constant battle for your basic labour rights.
Fun place to work, very jolly and friendly folk.
Serviice Clerk (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 4, 2015
My day typically includes attending to customers, answering calls, organizing my work floor space ensuring it is neat, presentable and customer-friendly, as CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is the core of our business.
Thankless job
floor-mule (Former Employee), stratfordApril 30, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: MANAGEMENT, wage.culture, hours, #of shifts, (everything basically)
If you want step back into 1950 and be beat down by the man, step right up. Management at the Stratford location will be sure to beat you into submission and make you feel like dirt and everything you have done on your shift was wrong. And dont forget the awesome min wage you'll get paid. oh after union dues you'll actually make less then min. wage, but hey they give you a whopping 10 %off their inflated products that you couldnt afford to buy even at 50 % off at the pathetic wage. Oh wait there is more if your lucky you'll get 3 shifts a week! almost enough for a bus pass! Run...dont walk away from this place
Fast paced enviroment
Manager, Business Integration-Merchandising SAP (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 30, 2015
Large corporation with potential for development. Facility includes many amenities that are convenient for work-life balance.
Productive workplace, but also incredibly boring
Cashier (Former Employee), Pitt Meadows, BCApril 27, 2015
Pros: Fast paced work environment with nice co-workers
Cons: drone-like work that was impossible to enjoy
Working with Loblaw at Superstore was quite eventful, since there was always another customer waiting, but the work was so incredibly repetitive that there was almost never a moment when I was enjoying myself. Loblaw is a great employer to always have something to do, but it is all drone work.

I learned how to effectively handle money and cash registers, but I also was given a good idea of where – more... each item was inside the store.

Management functioned, but was not amazing. The supervisors and store managers were constantly in bad moods, and though they were almost always pleasant toward their employees, they were not always handling customers in the best way.

My co-workers were almost all great people. Everybody was happy, sometimes making pleasant conversation, but nobody seemed to particularly enjoy their time while at work.

The hardest part of the job for me was the repetition. I almost never had the chance to work away from my till.

I most enjoyed being away from the till. When I was sent outside to bring carts in, or sent to price check, I enjoyed myself. These circumstances however, were very scarce. – less
HMR- hot deli
clerk (Former Employee), ZehrsApril 7, 2015
minimal pay, minimal hours, double the workload
8-12 hrs week (4hr shifts) @ $11./hr less union dues that are doubled up for first 3 months
I learned that fire regulations, health & safety regulations are violated daily.
Lots of fun people.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great Cafeteria, Gym in building
Cons: Hard to move up
This is a fun place to work. Lots of young people. Overall a great company. The IT department is a little newer so lots of changes but dynamic environment.
You are just a number
Machine Operator/Reach Truck (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Safety/Accident free meal and or clothing incentives every 30 days.
Cons: Very repetitive, Quota has been raised several times.
-Labor intensive
-High productivity quota
-Gain skills with forklift and reach trucks
-Learn safe procedure for Propane Cylinder Exchange
-Management is not great
-Supervisors are incompetent and patronizing
-Certain supervisors will go out of their way to intimidate you or begin an altercation
-Most co-workers are enjoyable to work with
-Very repetitive
-Some cases are 90+ lbs.
-Operating reach truck is enjoyable, except it is very repetitive and many people get sore wrists
Worst workplace ever
former employee (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaMarch 22, 2015
Cons: Management
The worst company I have worked with. The management is the worst. I used to work very hard with no appreciation at all. I used to work extra time from my own time without asking to get paid. I was trying to finish everything before leaving and guess what they fired me without even telling the reason behind that. It seems that it is a big company but in fact their human rights are ZERO.

1 2 3 4 5

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more