Loblaw

Loblaw Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced enviroment
Manager, Business Integration-Merchandising SAP (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 30, 2015
Large corporation with potential for development. Facility includes many amenities that are convenient for work-life balance.
Productive workplace, but also incredibly boring
Cashier (Former Employee), Pitt Meadows, BCApril 27, 2015
Pros: Fast paced work environment with nice co-workers
Cons: drone-like work that was impossible to enjoy
Working with Loblaw at Superstore was quite eventful, since there was always another customer waiting, but the work was so incredibly repetitive that there was almost never a moment when I was enjoying myself. Loblaw is a great employer to always have something to do, but it is all drone work.

I learned how to effectively handle money and cash registers, but I also was given a good idea of where each item was inside the store.

Management functioned, but was not amazing. The supervisors and store managers were constantly in bad moods, and though they were almost always pleasant toward their employees, they were not always handling customers in the best way.

My co-workers were almost all great people. Everybody was happy, sometimes making pleasant conversation, but nobody seemed to particularly enjoy their time while at work.

The hardest part of the job for me was the repetition. I almost never had the chance to work away from my till.

I most enjoyed being away from the till. When I was sent outside to bring carts in, or sent to price check, I enjoyed myself. These circumstances however, were very scarce.
HMR- hot deli
clerk (Former Employee), ZehrsApril 7, 2015
minimal pay, minimal hours, double the workload
8-12 hrs week (4hr shifts) @ $11./hr less union dues that are doubled up for first 3 months
I learned that fire regulations, health & safety regulations are violated daily.
Lots of fun people.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great Cafeteria, Gym in building
Cons: Hard to move up
This is a fun place to work. Lots of young people. Overall a great company. The IT department is a little newer so lots of changes but dynamic environment.
You are just a number
Machine Operator/Reach Truck (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Safety/Accident free meal and or clothing incentives every 30 days.
Cons: Very repetitive, Quota has been raised several times.
-Labor intensive
-High productivity quota
-Gain skills with forklift and reach trucks
-Learn safe procedure for Propane Cylinder Exchange
-Management is not great
-Supervisors are incompetent and patronizing
-Certain supervisors will go out of their way to intimidate you or begin an altercation
-Most co-workers are enjoyable to work with
-Very repetitive
-Some cases are 90+ lbs.
-Operating reach truck is enjoyable, except it is very repetitive and many people get sore wrists
Worst workplace ever
former employee (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaMarch 22, 2015
Cons: Management
The worst company I have worked with. The management is the worst. I used to work very hard with no appreciation at all. I used to work extra time from my own time without asking to get paid. I was trying to finish everything before leaving and guess what they fired me without even telling the reason behind that. It seems that it is a big company but in fact their human rights are ZERO.
Positive
Demand Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton OntarioMarch 17, 2015
Pros: samples
Cons: growth
Good flexible work enviormnemt and good team synergy. Turnover and change happen frequently so have to be adaptable to change.
A good company to work for
Sr. Financial Analyst-Marketing (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free samples
Cons: working with hierarchy
Typical Day at work:
-Check emails, prioritize tasks, make to-do list, finish clearing out tasks/ To-do lists for the day

What I learned:
-Technical skills, communication skill, financial analysis and planing and etc

Co-workers:
-Nice people to work with.
-They are willing to help me when I need a hand

Hardest part of the job:
-Working with Hierarchy due to the size of the company

Most enjoyable part of the job:
-Assisting people with their requests
Big company
Human Resources/Labour Relations Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 5, 2015
Pros: work life balance and management
Cons: compensation and benefits
Good company to work for but the union is a pain in the a***** they like to take their fees but only support the lazy workers and irresponsible workers. hard to advance as everything is by senority. The long term lazy employees sometimes make more money than the hard working supervisors
Learing new analytical tools in SAP and Excel
Analyst Vendor Service/ AP Analyst (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: new learning in ap
Good experience in learning SAP and Excel, co-workers were good and especially I worked hard during my stay at Loblaw. Good place to learn, but not growth.
worked till physically unable to walk
gm flow,photo, night crew (Former Employee), calgary albertaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: long hours, often unclean and unsafe work place, overworked, little pay
I did photo electronics for over 3 years, in most stores they were in the same place my store they were opposite sides. I ran back and forth all day while battling with customers and trying to pass through till line ups ( photo was near the exit while electronics was in the back cornner). I was also stocking shelves in toys, haba, seasonal and house wears, offten left alone in all departments. Since running around for that long and doing the job of at least 3 people, I am now unable to walk without pain, when trying to ask for a more relaxed possition and going on modified duties they made my life very uncomfortable, the politics of this store was insane! Less drama in a high school girls locker room! Again not a recommended place to work for 10.50, no reasonable hours, the stress far out weights the paycheck!
Accountant
(1) Accountant (Current Employee), bramptonFebruary 15, 2015
Very good place to work for with good learning experience and good food and nice people. strongly recommended for employees
workplace is always safe
Full time mailroom clerk (Former Employee), winnipegFebruary 13, 2015
worked as a distribution clerk hanldes shipping receiving, data entry as well as tracking of items delivered and to be shipped
a fun place to work, friendly people
Floral clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good bennifits and occasional free lunch
Cons: none that i can remember
Always busy, doing routine maintenance on plants and flowers.
Creating floral designer for display and sale, plus custom designs for clients.
Management are very responsive to ideas to better display and sell floral products. They have ears that actually listen.
Co-workers were friendly and very productive. This showed in our floral ranking in the chain.
The hardest part of the job was floral holiday time, such as Christmas, Valentines Day, and of course Mother's Day.
All of the above.
Good
File clerk - summer job (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Very good work placement. I was a seasonal file clerk at loblaw head company in Brampton. It wasn't hard but it wasn't easy but I still reall liked it.
workplace is to service for customer
Inventory Control Analyst (Current Employee), reginaFebruary 4, 2015
hi we work this company as a grocery everyone knows the loblaw they provide no 1 food and service in canada .please check the all details in my resume
Excellent job Environment
Operations Analyst / Batch Process & Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Excellent job Environment, Staff are very cooperative, Management are friendly, and work environment are good. Very close to my house. All IT team are experience and very cooperative to resolve the issue.
It was fun to work.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible lunch hours
Cons: sometimes it takes a lot of physical ability.
As a overnight crew, my task was to stock produce goods in a proper manner. It needed lot of hard work to do it. But, in the end of a shift it always feels good that I did my job perfectly.
It was a pleasure to work there
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: no fingerpointing, just - what are we going to do now?
Cons: the benefits were diminishing slowly but surely
It's a huge company with a big IT department. It was very challenging and therefore interesting to build complex systems processing a million new records per day. Yet the IT jobs were outsourced to India, so I eventually was laid off as were many of my colleagues.
Fun and fashionable
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2015
GAP is one of my favorite retail stores, there for I loved working for them. I enjoyed being up to date with the latest trends and getting a first peek of what the new fashion season would be bringing. It was always fun to go into work and see the many different kinds of styles of people that I worked with and expanding my fashion knowledge with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Loblaw

Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional – Read more