The specialist, Grocery / HBC is accountable to focus on and support the execution of key merchant store strategies to maximize sales and profit. The incumbent will act as a liaison to ensure effective collaboration between stores and merchandising, help provide clarity and reach agreement on specific standards of execution and become the SME – “Subject Matter Experts” when it comes to implementing new programs to stores by being involved upfront and simplifying the store operational elements and processes - “KEEP IT SIMPLE”
- Support the communication and execution of the Weekly Promo Event in stores
- Execute DMAP by Format and ensure store execution of SPLAN process
- Post Mortem feedback to improve execution
- Provide guidance, coaching and training where called out to department manager colleagues utilizing support from the Learning Centre where needed
- Support POG execution by providing feedback - pre/post and audit store execution and ensure corrective action
- Support New Program Launches to ensure flawless execution
- Ensure coordination of category programs – understand store anomalies
- Review Sell Thru reports with DM’s to ensure action taken on opportunity stores
- Identify Opportunity businesses within BU requiring focus
- Identify stores Businesses underperforming - Sales/CM
- Formalize recommendations to improve results
- Help resolve external issues with vendors and internal issues such as labour scheduling and interpersonal skills.
- Support Renovation Programs by reviewing plans to ensure proper programs and space allocation and ensuring Store communication and plans in place to execute timelines
- Support National standards process and program implementation critical to the Grocery BU and become the SME on FTF Processes
- Support the key drivers for SAP, AA program & PI initiatives
- Ensure ARCP – Shrink Programs are in place to maximize profitability.
- Review shrink reports with DMs to ensure action are taken on any opportunities.
- Formalize Store visits and feedback through support of Intact Teams, provide ongoing feedback to stores, DM’s, SM’s, ASM’s after each store visit
- Assess the quality of the store conditions, standards and overall program execution
- Clearly provide action required with next steps and follow up and timelines.
- Operational experience as a specialist, preferably in the department he/she will be responsible for
- Retail management experience; experience working in multiple formats a plus
- Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
Applicants interested in the role please formally apply online to the following link:
Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional banners,...