Reports to: Supervisor, Loss Prevention (DLPS)
- The Loss Control Operator’s mandate is to act as a visible deterrent and be the security presence for the business.
- Customer service should be provided with an emphasis on public relations and protection of both assets and people.
- Work in close, but objective partnership with all regional levels of Supply Chain and Retail management.
- Provide security service to the site.
- High level of customer service and conducting regular checks.
- Visible deterrent against theft and vandalism.
- Apply and administer first aid as required.
- Monitor and record all transport inbound and outbound activities.
- Monitor and report breaches of policies and procedures.
- Escalate issues as required.
- Check previous reports from prior shifts to determine activity and security concerns.
- Communicate with co-workers during shift changes.
- Contact police regarding criminal offences (i.e. vandalism etc.)
- Advise appropriate personnel of all incidents at worksite.
- Compile and provide transport reports and in/outbound activity logs.
- Record all activates in notebooks and complete incident and occurrence reports as required.
- Deal with emergency and crisis situations in a professional manner.
- Other duties as required
- Law and Security Diploma is an asset or 2 years of applicable loss prevention or security experience.
- Must be licensed as a Security Guard.
- Knowledge requirements: Criminal Code of Canada, Trespass to Property Act, Powers of Arrest, First Aid and CPR etc.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Self motivated individual.
- Able to deal with difficult and hostile personalities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and public relations.
- Extroverted, outgoing personality who is both approachable and receptive to others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident individual who is able to command authority in a calm yet assertive manner.
- Able to work various shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends as required.
- Previous Loss Prevention or security experience would be an asset.
- District/DC shrink results
- LAR results
- Compliance to internal audit requirements
- Customer satisfaction (business units)
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional banners,...