Reports to: District Loss Prevention Manager (DLPM), Loss Prevention
- The Loss Prevention Officer’s mandate is to reduce financial loss (Shrink) primarily through internal/external investigations, inbound/outbound audits and procedural errors and recommending appropriate corrective process measures.
- They are to act as a liaison with Supply Chain unionized and non-unionized colleagues and ensure the departmental goals are met while ensuring the business needs of all internal and external customers are met in a timely fashion.
- This position is also responsible for conducting all investigation of incidents of major loss throughout Supply Chain (Distribution, Transport and Procurement) including MVC accidents, critical injuries or incidents with the potential for injury or property damage and recommending appropriate corrective measures, disciplinary actions, engineering controls and/or program improvements as required.
- This position is responsible for executing, communicating, Loss Prevention; Security Programs, Policies & Procedures, Risk management, Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S); that reduce the company’s exposure to loss of people, property, and assets, while promoting a safe environment through compliance to corporate policies.
- Responsible for the delivery of effective shrink management initiatives, programs and measurement throughout the entire Supply Chain network.
- Work in close, but objective partnership with all regional levels of Supply Chain and Retail management.
- Previous experience in Distribution, Transportation, Supply chain experience is an asset.
- Graduate, or enrolled in a post-secondary diploma program (Law & Security or Police Foundations, or equivalent).
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada, Trespass to Property Act, Powers of Arrest and HTA
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and on-call.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, own a vehicle and be willing to travel within the region (mileage reimbursement is offered for business travel).
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a windows based environment and work with network systems..
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, as well as a member of a team.
- Exercise common sense and good judgment when making decisions.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Possess superior customer service skills
- General profit and loss understanding
- Previous experience with IP based CCTV is an asset
- Ability to walk / stand / sit / work in confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Works with a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Must be licensed as a Private Investigator
- First aid training and/or CPR training.
- BAI Certification is an asset
- District/DC shrink results
- LP Now audits
- LAR results
- Compliance to internal audit requirements
- Customer satisfaction (business units)
Indeed - 15 months ago
Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional banners,...