- The Loss Prevention Officer’s mandate is to reduce financial loss (Shrink) primarily through internal/external investigations, inbound/outbound audits and procedural errors and recommending appropriate corrective process measures.
- They are to act as a liaison with Supply Chain unionized and non-unionized colleagues and ensure the departmental goals are met while ensuring the business needs of all internal and external customers are met in a timely fashion.
- This position is also responsible for conducting all investigation of incidents of major loss throughout Supply Chain (Distribution, Transport and Procurement) including MVC accidents, critical injuries or incidents with the potential for injury or property damage and recommending appropriate corrective measures, disciplinary actions, engineering controls and/or program improvements as required.
- This position is responsible for executing, communicating, Loss Prevention; Security Programs, Policies & Procedures, Risk management, Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S); that reduce the company’s exposure to loss of people, property, and assets, while promoting a safe environment through compliance to corporate policies.
- Responsible for the delivery of effective shrink management initiatives, programs and measurement throughout the entire Supply Chain network.
- Work in close, but objective partnership with all regional levels of Supply Chain and Retail management.
- Foster a positive working relationship with all Distribution and Supply Chain management staff
- Fosters relationships with Procurement, Quality Assurance, Inventory Control, HR, Legal, Food Safety and Operations.
- Seek to continuously improve current Loss Prevention practices while ensuring DC compliance to national policies
- Detect and identify possible shrink concerns.
- Must have a working knowledge of various financial reports and a complete understanding of all Loss prevention polices and procedures.
- Efficient in systems knowledge; TMS, WMS (Manhattan), YMS, Biceps, Bi-query, Postbill, COM, Turnpike, I-trade, Elvis, CICS,
- Responsible for conducting Inventory Control Audits in the following areas: Cross-dock audits, Shipping audits, Receiving Audits, Transportation Asset Audits, quality control and pick accuracy
- Responsible for conducting all shortage related audits located in the LP Shortage database
- Responsible for conducting store claims management investigations, determining root cause and corrective measures.
- Conduct Loss Prevention audits as required (Flat Rate Credit, LP Now, Pre LAR)
- Conduct internal and external investigations as per national operating standards, including BAI investigations.
- Conduct bag checks as required on all colleagues, vendors and visitors entering and leaving the building
- Assist in Crisis Management (Fire, Tornado, Earthquake, etc…) evacuations by showing the evacuation routes and shelters to associates
- Ensure Loss Prevention practices and National objectives are met.
- Liaise with law enforcement, courts, DC management and regulatory bodies.
- Actively participate in DC operations meetings.
- Assist the department in all aspects of Loss Prevention
- Treat all information with an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Identify unsafe work conditions and unsafe work practices and immediately notify the appropriate level of management.
- Maintain a presence on the DC floor to proactively prevent loss and supervising sub-ordinates.
- Responsible for keeping the facility secure during non-operational hours
- Complete all required reports in timely and professional manner with attention to detail.
- Assist in scheduling LCL security guards and deal with day to day issues
- Train new associates and Contract Security Officers
- Required to travel within the region.
- Monitor and respond to facility alarms
- Monitor facilities CCTV system
- Required to be licenced in MHE
- Provide excellent customer service skills
- Any other duties or tasks as required by Management.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional banners,...