LOSS PREVENTION REPRESENTATIVE
At Loblaw it is our customers that matter the most! Turn your passion into an exciting career with our Loss Prevention team using your keen detection and investigation skills to reduce shrink and keep our shelves stocked for our customers. You will have the opportunity to work in our dynamic environment where you will work closely with store management to ensure product loss is minimized and Loss Prevention awareness is on the minds of everyone. Join us as we work towards getting better everyday!
- To deter, detect and apprehend shop thieves within our retail locations
- Detect and conduct internal investigations
- Detect and identify possible shrink opportunities within our operational core compliance
- Utilize financial data to assist stores in obtaining budgeted shrink targets
- Build and maintain store partnership through Management meetings & huddles
- Teach and coach colleagues on loss prevention policies and procedures
- Complete & compile necessary evidence and paperwork in a timely and professional manner
- Record daily activity, complete incident reports
- Provide excellent customer service as required
- Must be licensed as a Security Guard
- Strong knowledge of Criminal Code of Canada, Trespass to Property Act and Powers of Arrest required
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and weekends
- Must hold a valid driver's license, own a vehicle and be willing to travel within surrounding areas
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs, particularly Excel
- Ability to walk/stand/sit/work in confined spaces for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work with a high degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a member of a team
- Proven time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
Nice to have skills
- Diploma in Law & Security or Police Foundations program
- Previous experience with CCTV and DVR systems
- Previous inventory counting and reconciliation experience
- Previous retail experience in fresh and/or receiving
- Previous loss prevention/floor walking experience
- First aid and/or CPR training
Here are just some of the things Loblaw Colleagues enjoy:
- 10% Colleague Discount Program on eligible products sold at Loblaw stores.
- Ongoing career development through in-house training programs, tuition assistance and support for professional designations.
- Sharing in the growth of Loblaw with our Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- Corporate rate fitness club memberships for colleagues as well as eligible family members.
- Helping you help others with our Volunteer Grant Program.