Support the Regional Loss Prevention Leader in the execution of national Loss Prevention programs, policies, procedures and protocols that will protect corporate assets and reduce theft in the most cost effective manner within their operating region.
- Develop and maintain a professional partnership with the store managers/DC Directors for their accountable region.
- Develop and maintain a results oriented, professional national loss prevention team.
- Working with the Regional Loss Prevention Team (LP Officers, Hosts & Guards) ensure all national Loss Prevention programs, policies, procedures and protocols that will ensure the safety of our customers, employees and corporate assets.
- Proactively ensure national education, training and awareness programs on employee safety are implemented (i.e. robbery protocol, investigative techniques, crisis management, programs and tools) and measure program results.
- Provide on-going support and training of Loss Prevention best practices to Retail/Supply Chain operations teams.
- Responsible for scheduling, payroll and service levels for their assigned region.
- Manage the Loss Prevention Peer Training program.
- Assist in the major store shrink-out investigations/DC inventory loss investigations.
- Conduct major internal & external investigations and supervise all routine investigations.
- Conduct all difficult case interviews and manage all LP Officer interviews.
- Ensure effective liaison exists between police and emergency service groups within their assigned market.
- Recruit, manage, train, motivate and appraise direct reports for their market. This includes explicit consideration of on-the-job training needs for each direct report, arranging appropriate training, providing timely feedback, and succession planning. The incumbent is also responsible for discipline as warranted.
- 5 years of progressive loss prevention experience.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Post Secondary education in Law & Security or equivalent experience.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with integrity and strong professional judgment.
- Ability to gain senior management support for new ideas and initiatives.
- Certified Wicklander investigator.
- Strong knowledge of the company’s policy and procedures.
Key Measures (Performance indicators):
- Achievement of shrink targets and inventory loss targets
- Loss Prevention Scorecard (i.e. # & $ of recoveries, # & $ of investigations)
- Store/DC satisfaction survey results regarding LP service levels
- Regional LP budget performance
- Annual performance of top 10 shrink stores (stores with worst shrink levels) or inventory losses at DC’s
Indeed - 18 months ago
Loblaw Companies Limited is the largest food retailer in Canada, with over 1,400 supermarkets operating under a variety of regional banners,...