Lloydminster & District SPCA
FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The position of Fundraising and Communications Coordinator requires the proven ability to manage and achieve results in a variety of management, marketing and fundraising areas. Ability to motivate and work closely with staff & volunteers in fundraising & public relation activities is important. The fundraising and Communications Coordinator serves as a representative for the Society.
This is a full time position with flexible hours, some weekend and evenings involved with days off in lieu.
The Fundraising and Communications Coordinator will work cooperatively with the Executive Director, Committees of the Board of Directors, Staff and Volunteers to improve the overall efficiency of all aspects of funding activities and public relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to motivate and energize others in a team environment;
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal; highly organized with exceptional ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- An analytical and creative skill set; demonstrated sound judgment and tact.
- Implementation of various fundraising projects, including event and volunteer coordination.
*Fundraising monitoring and research.
- Pre-event, Event Day and Post Event administration. (Sponsorships, charitable tax receipts, thank you letters, etc.)
- Maintain Database fundraising systems.
- Respond to inquiries about public events, Oversee event communications, and media, networking activities and develop new opportunities to build community awareness.
- Create and oversee budgets for events.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, grow and develop in a changing environment; work independently, collaboratively with diverse groups of people, and as well as an effective team member and leader.
- Proficiency with contemporary computer applications.
- The successful individual is also required to be innovative, flexible, and have a willingness to learn and take on new tasks;
- An extremely high level of social communication skills with an ability to motivate others to action;
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic and engaging.
- An appreciation for the importance of Animal Welfare.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree and/or a related diploma in a related field (Marketing, Public or Community Relations, Event Planning) would be an asset OR
- Alternately; Three years previous experience in special events planning or organizing volunteers would be an asset;
- Proven track record in developing and implementing promotion plans
- Complete proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs and exceptional word processing skills with competency in the use of spreadsheets, data bases, and word processing and the ability to prepare comprehensive reports as required;
Experienced marking and communications writing skills.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking/speaking to the media
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a positive manner with the Executive Director and Operations Manager, Board of Directors and volunteers.
- Ability to multi-task in various administrative organizational functions;
If Interested please forward Resume and cover letter to:
Mail: PO Box 10566
Lloydminster AB T9V 3A6
Indeed - 6 months ago