Lloyd's Register Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A place with many opportunities to generalise or specialise.
Engineer Surveyor (Former Employee), Lowestoft, ENGJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Working in a small outpost office with a high degree of autonomy, A great deal of industrial experience throughout the company to draw upon, Good benefits and remuneration.
Cons: Increasingly restricting authorisations and typically under resourced.
During a working year the workload varies greatly as client requirements and workloads changed, sometimes seasonal and other times due to the state of the economy.
By far the most enjoyable part of the work was the range of work type: It was vast, qualifying welders one day and offshore undertaking verification work the next, sometimes on your doorstep other times many hours drive away. Whilst this kept the job fresh it was mentally exhausting at times.
Working for the society was sometimes frustrating with many systems slow or unhelpful. As most parts of the industry the experienced people are retiring with no formal method of mentoring or knowledge retention.
Most co-workers were great to work with, always willing to support or offer assistance and usually with a sense of humor.
they were not prepared for a intern
LRQA and LR Rail Intern (Former Employee), Beijing, ChinaJuly 3, 2012
Pros: good food in the main building cafeteria, relaxed schedule for interns, coffee
Cons: did not have enough things for me to do, not prepared to have an intern
I learned about the assessment materials at the beginning of the internship. The manager was not prepared to have an intern so my work was mainly assisting the GM. I briefed documents, fix English materials that was written by a local employee to make it easier to understand, and attended training sessions and meetings.

GM allowed me to take time off and work from home.
LLoyd's Register was very demanding, and employees were given little respect
Surveyor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2015
Pros: health bennifits
Cons: poor management
A typical day very challenging because it required many long hours and travel 6 days a week. Employees were overworked and under respected. I did not see my co-workers except at meetings, etc.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with Indian managers that did not care if you understood them when they were speaking and always thought they were better than you and their condescending attitude.
Very nice organizaion with lovely colleagures
Surveyor (Current Employee), Shanghai, ChinaNovember 6, 2012
I start LR with Graduate training scheme after MSc from Universiy of Southampton, UK. In past 6 years, I been working through Plan Design Office, Shanghai Port New building and Existing, also in Piraeus Greece office.

I appreciate LR as a family, very kind and good manageres and lovely colleagues, i am very proud of be one of the member of this LR family.
A Review of My Time at Llody's Register
Summer Engineering Internship (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 8, 2015
Pros: Good work to life balance, great support system
Cons: Commute through Houston traffic
My time at Lloyd's Register was by far the most constructive and character building experience I have ever had. The experience allowed me to become more in touch with my technical skills and also my work life skills.
Workplace
Technical Committee Coordinator (Current Employee), Southampton, ENGJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, pension, holidays
Cons: very high workload
Large company, with great employee benefits and personal development opportunities within the company. Very political workplace. I have leant a lot from working in an organisation like this over the past 3 and a half years and feel I am ready to broaden my experience.
Good Companyto work for
QMS Lead Assessor (Current Employee), Home basedJuly 8, 2015
Carrying out assessments of customers’ management systems and make recommendations for approval, deferral or withdrawal of certification against the appropriate standards.

• Assessments of Management Systems
• Management of multi-disciplinary assessment teams across wide range of sectors
• Client Management activities for Assigned Companies

Travel all over UK, Europe and Middle East. Good management by company
High volume of editing work.
Editor for reports (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: nice lunch rooms and lots of free food and snacks left over from training meetings.
Cons: no breaks, strict work ethic for some and not for others.
Manager was inexperienced, and under-educated in management.
New 20 new employees joined after I worked there a week, and my training was minimal.
Learning and applying on Job
Surveyor (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 9, 2013
I have learned lot of new things from Lloyd's Register.
Technically I became strong .LR has provided training in material and NDT which is used for applying on the job.
Apart from Technical matters, i have also developed my personality.
Management is good and we are balancing our life and work.
Very supportive management and excellent work environment
Short term work placement (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Carrier growth and excellent work culture & values
Excellent work environment and culture with multi talented staff & great place to work. Had great fun with colleagues and really enjoyed working at Lloyd's Register London office. Enriched my knowledge and skill sets in the field of Environment Management and energy efficiency.
Productive, detail-oriented, able to multi-task
Client Services Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad pay
Check e-mails and messages, complete certifications, provide support to other offices.
I do my job independently without supervision or micro-managing.
Good Ole Boyz
Executive Assistant/ Data Integrity Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: they bring in lunch for meetings
Cons: advancement is slow
This company culture is very racially divided. The employees are very disrespectfully "comedic". The jokes are inappropriate. They pass over minorities for positions.
Good benefits and people
Deliverables Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: health insurance and people
Cons: management
Decent benefits - health insurance is employer paid for employee - and it's great insurance. Pay is a little under standards.

Great people to work with, some managers are harder to work for than others.
Productive and a good working environment
Business Support Specialist (Former Employee), Bracknell, ENGNovember 21, 2013
my co workers we all very friendly
Work started from 8am - 5pm
three months training
all of it was enjoyable never a dull day
Job culture is good
Sen. Structural Specialist/Engg. Coordinator (Current Employee), DubaiFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: freedom to work
Job culture is good.
Co-workers are good.
Freedom to learn and grow your career.
Learned about safety and human value.
Flexible time in working hours.
Nice enviorment to work
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2012
Pros: free time to spend with your family
Cons: not so many opportunities to grow
I learned to write a lot of documentation procedures. I reinforced my customer support skills.
Good place to work, relaxed culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Fenchurch St, LondonOctober 12, 2015
Well established company. Looks after their staff very well. Attractive to loyal employees who want to stay in the company long term. Good benefits and pensions.
Fun working place
Projects Manager (Former Employee), Kuala LumpurSeptember 22, 2015
Looking for a place to share both knowledge in a challenging environment such as now i.e where there is a drop in the oil price.
A great company in many respects
Senior Expert (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 21, 2014
Pros: professional independence is appreciated
Cons: limited scope
Exciting projects and good working environment; excellent professional conduct by all staff
Good to place to work when industry is good
Electrical Surveyor (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 31, 2015
Currently employed but no work available because of downturn in industry. Lloyds's is very safety orientated company..