Lloyd's Register Employee Reviews

A place with many opportunities to generalise or specialise.
Engineer Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft, ENGJanuary 12, 2016
During a working year the workload varies greatly as client requirements and workloads changed, sometimes seasonal and other times due to the state of the economy.
By far the most enjoyable part of the work was the range of work type: It was vast, qualifying welders one day and offshore undertaking verification work the next, sometimes on your doorstep other times many hours drive away. Whilst this kept the job fresh it was mentally exhausting at times.
Working for the society was sometimes frustrating with many systems slow or unhelpful. As most parts of the industry the experienced people are retiring with no formal method of mentoring or knowledge retention.
Most co-workers were great to work with, always willing to support or offer assistance and usually with a sense of humor.
Pros
Working in a small outpost office with a high degree of autonomy, A great deal of industrial experience throughout the company to draw upon, Good benefits and remuneration.
Cons
Increasingly restricting authorisations and typically under resourced.
This is not company which respect expirienced people.
Senior Lifting Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen CityMarch 6, 2016
Typical day at work is dealing with customers, advising them and helping to make sure that their design is safe. I have learned a lot about the design rules and regulations. Management in Lloyds is one of the worst I have ever seen. Nobody is making real plan and execute this. Most of the engineers are working on its own without any control. In this kind of environment has happen in few cases that the budget was blown. The co-workers are average some of them are good, some of them are not good. The hardest part of the job is to obtain engineering programs licenses. In many cases the job couldn't be done in particular time because lack of software. The client opinion and information that my commitment is exceptional.
LLoyd's Register was very demanding, and employees were given little respect
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2015
A typical day very challenging because it required many long hours and travel 6 days a week. Employees were overworked and under respected. I did not see my co-workers except at meetings, etc.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with Indian managers that did not care if you understood them when they were speaking and always thought they were better than you and their condescending attitude.
Pros
health bennifits
Cons
poor management
Good place to work, relaxed culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fenchurch St, LondonOctober 12, 2015
Well established company. Looks after their staff very well. Attractive to loyal employees who want to stay in the company long term. Good benefits and pensions.
Workplace
Technical Committee Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southampton, ENGJuly 22, 2015
Large company, with great employee benefits and personal development opportunities within the company. Very political workplace. I have leant a lot from working in an organisation like this over the past 3 and a half years and feel I am ready to broaden my experience.
Pros
free lunches, pension, holidays
Cons
very high workload
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kuala LumpurMarch 2, 2016
A company that builds you according to the current market flow.

The types of work learned:
- HSE studies
- HAZOP studies

Management of Lloyd's are of a team of productive, fun, enjoyable people making the working are a conducive place to work,
Very supportive management and excellent work environment
Short term work placement (Former Employee) –  London, ENGNovember 18, 2015
Excellent work environment and culture with multi talented staff & great place to work. Had great fun with colleagues and really enjoyed working at Lloyd's Register London office. Enriched my knowledge and skill sets in the field of Environment Management and energy efficiency.
Pros
Carrier growth and excellent work culture & values
A Review of My Time at Llody's Register
Summer Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2015
My time at Lloyd's Register was by far the most constructive and character building experience I have ever had. The experience allowed me to become more in touch with my technical skills and also my work life skills.
Pros
Good work to life balance, great support system
Cons
Commute through Houston traffic
This is a very good company
Senior Service Delivery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2016
This is a very good company to work for

The management is good and easy to communicate with

I have enjoyed my time there

I do not wish to say more
MNC with ethical cultures & values
Head of BD - APAC (Current Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaJanuary 15, 2016
An organisation where culture & ethics come first and Safety round the clock. You can enjoy your work while as not miss family time. A culture that is PAN organisation
Pros
Safety First
Cons
All good
Good to place to work when industry is good
Electrical Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2015
Currently employed but no work available because of downturn in industry. Lloyds's is very safety orientated company..
Good Companyto work for
QMS Lead Assessor (Current Employee) –  Home basedJuly 8, 2015
Carrying out assessments of customers’ management systems and make recommendations for approval, deferral or withdrawal of certification against the appropriate standards.

• Assessments of Management Systems
• Management of multi-disciplinary assessment teams across wide range of sectors
• Client Management activities for Assigned Companies

Travel all over UK, Europe and Middle East. Good management by company
Good benefits and people
Deliverables Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2014
Decent benefits - health insurance is employer paid for employee - and it's great insurance. Pay is a little under standards.

Great people to work with, some managers are harder to work for than others.
Pros
health insurance and people
Cons
management
Productive, detail-oriented, able to multi-task
Client Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Check e-mails and messages, complete certifications, provide support to other offices.
I do my job independently without supervision or micro-managing.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad pay
Fun working place
Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuala LumpurSeptember 22, 2015
Looking for a place to share both knowledge in a challenging environment such as now i.e where there is a drop in the oil price.
Job culture is good
Sen. Structural Specialist/Engg. Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 15, 2015
Job culture is good.
Co-workers are good.
Freedom to learn and grow your career.
Learned about safety and human value.
Flexible time in working hours.
Pros
freedom to work
Good Ole Boyz
Executive Assistant/ Data Integrity Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
This company culture is very racially divided. The employees are very disrespectfully "comedic". The jokes are inappropriate. They pass over minorities for positions.
Pros
they bring in lunch for meetings
Cons
advancement is slow
High volume of editing work.
Editor for reports (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
Manager was inexperienced, and under-educated in management.
New 20 new employees joined after I worked there a week, and my training was minimal.
Pros
nice lunch rooms and lots of free food and snacks left over from training meetings.
Cons
no breaks, strict work ethic for some and not for others.
they were not prepared for a intern
LRQA and LR Rail Intern (Former Employee) –  Beijing, ChinaJuly 3, 2012
I learned about the assessment materials at the beginning of the internship. The manager was not prepared to have an intern so my work was mainly assisting the GM. I briefed documents, fix English materials that was written by a local employee to make it easier to understand, and attended training sessions and meetings.

GM allowed me to take time off and work from home.
Pros
good food in the main building cafeteria, relaxed schedule for interns, coffee
Cons
did not have enough things for me to do, not prepared to have an intern
Learning and applying on Job
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MHJune 9, 2013
I have learned lot of new things from Lloyd's Register.
Technically I became strong .LR has provided training in material and NDT which is used for applying on the job.
Apart from Technical matters, i have also developed my personality.
Management is good and we are balancing our life and work.