LKQ/Keystone Automotive Industries Inc. Employee Reviews

Great and fun place to work
Auto Dismantler (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH10 January 2018
Very fast paced. Had quite a few injuries at times but nothing major. management was great. They treat you respectively there. would definitely consider working here again.
cut throat,stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, MI5 January 2018
They have there favorites that make them more money,but they also hand them customers so they can make that money.They have everyone on a different pay scale.If you started out hourly,they will take you off and make you commission only @ a low percentage,but yet they have other people on high percentage commission.NOT a fair place to work at.
Pros
nothing really
Cons
nothing really
Can be stressful at times. Lack of communication and trust.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, DE5 December 2017
In the morning I would arrive and help set up delivery routes for the drivers. Then I would write the returns for the customers. Then I would have to coordinate with the return specialist to reduce shrinkage and maximize stock. Then I would have to schedule lunches, coordinate deliveries, set up sales orders for the day, etc. With only half hour lunch.
Pros
discounts
Cons
vacation is almost nearly impossible to obtain.
Productive and fun working place
Maintence Worker\Janitor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX30 November 2017
Best job ever fast paced but everybody helps..everybody is like family and the location was only 10 minutes from my home It's a Company that Values Family also
stressful
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL27 November 2017
not a great place to work at. disorganized,stressful and boring. No chances for personal growth. manager is not fair at all. good benefits and health insurance.
Overall a good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX10 November 2017
LKQ was good place to work for me. My managers and co-workers were fun to work around. Typical would consist of me labeling and kind of being by myself.
A small old office inside of a warehouse, filled with nice people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX6 November 2017
A typical day at work was immediately answering calls and chats online from nationwide customers/potential customers.
I learned how to work impound/dispatch/DMV.
Management was fine.
Workplace culture was friendly and enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of coordination between locations, lack of information provided through management, and most importantly handling false information via customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers/regulars. Being able to share ideas with coworkers, and inform one another on any/daily changes such as special promotions.
Pros
location, casual dress code, fast paced environment
Cons
short breaks, limited parking, no coordination between locations, small lunch area, little to no privacy
Very friendly environment, Not enough pay
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH19 October 2017
I like where I work , it's a very friendly Environment. I just feel like it's a under paid job. We was supposed to get a raise but, they just highered the pay by 50 cents.
Cons
Short breaks
A lower tier job if you have a small amount of options
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL19 October 2017
Working at LKQ-Keystone was decent in my opinion. The major turn offs for me were the lack of structure in management, and the hypocritical behaviors. There were times in which i got yelled at or cussed out by a fellow employee that i reported at least 4 times, and i noticed that nothing seemed to change even though people higher than me said it would be taken care of. The overall attitude of the people that i worked with were quite negative management or not. The training is left at the learn as you go level as their training material is not very accurate to the work you perform. Also you get trained by other people doing the same job, but everyone does everything differently. I was training with someone who does quite a lot of things incorrectly in which i had little to no idea what i should or should not do. All in all i would say that working there was equivalent to working in retail with the environment and attitude.
Pros
Work alone, Lots of Hours, Freedom
Cons
Late days, Can't call out if someone is already out or on PTO. Poor structure
Temp job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, IN11 October 2017
I was a temporary employee here in college, great company and managers, low wages but good people to work with. Nothing negative to say about them....
good job to go to
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA9 October 2017
i like going to work everyday didnt have a problem with anything.The management was good good hours pay was ok alot of driving but for the most part didnt have a problem
run as far away from here as u can
Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY5 October 2017
this place is terrible no team work and way under paid to put up with all the bs that goes on here. can never ask for pto day because we r way under staff and none of the workers have any experience
Childish management in place
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CA13 September 2017
Company is ran by unexperienced and rude managers who operate on a duoble standard. Employees act just as rude. Too much street like attitudes, very unprofessional .
Pros
Lost of overtime
Cons
No job security
Great working enviorment
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MI5 September 2017
LKQ is great company to work for. As a previous employee I recommend this company to anyone looking for great working environment. it's strives for excellent customer service.
Fast paced always something new
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MA8 August 2017
Show up on time and be prepared to work hard and at a fast pace. Very upbeat work environment with very knowledgable co workers. Long hours on Mondays but once trained right the right person will fit right in.
Pros
Good work environment
Decent
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WV30 May 2017
LKQ was a decent place to work. I kept busy which I like to do. I learned a lot during my time employed there. It was a bit disorganized but that was to be expected being that LKQ just bought the company.
A+ for the right candidate.
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL29 May 2017
Like with any Company it's what you make it; I enjoy the hands on approach so LKQ works great for me. With that being said if you need all the widgets in place and available to you to direct and guide you from point A to point B this might not be the company for you.

Great team members, Super upper management team; great open door policy and everyone you meet is willing to talk with you!

I would Highly recommend LKQ as one of your finalist when/and if you are in the market for a new opportunity.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, Team oriented, Excellent benefits, and small enough for you to shine in your role!
Cons
IF YOU ARE NOT HANDS ON which i cannot say enough, don't do it.......
Lkq
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO25 May 2017
A typical day at work for LKQ starts at 6 am. You work 10 hour days and suppose to only be 4 days a week. However my line was generally behind for whatever reason and we would be on mandatory Friday with the occasional Saturday thrown in. Your working in a hot factory where things would break, be missing or you would not have a fan to keep some what cool. Management stayed in their cold a/c offices and would come out only when necessary. The work its self and co workers seemed to always be good. You are working on huge 200+ lb engines and had a quota. Hardest part of this job for myself was lack of support from your management or maintenance team. The most enjoyable part for myself was working with everyone, everything flowing, no equipment malfunctions.
ok work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR15 May 2017
I started out happy about this company, i liked the shift and i thought my coworkers were cool guys to work wit. Learning the system was a lil hard but i got it down. I think management needs to treat all workers the same and not treat other shift workers different.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY12 May 2017
Not a bad company to work for. If you want to learn and gain experience in the automotive industry, this is the place. I definitely recommend. I've learn a lot @ LKQ...13 yrs of dedicated hardwork!