Lixar is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to become part of our 6 person product development team. In this role, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for a new online baseball simulation video game. You will conceive and develop innovative marketing / sales programs that drive demand. Location is flexible for this position.
What you will be doing:
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and execute the marketing programs that drive product demand;
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiate the product in the market;
- Sales enablement – identify and communicate the value proposition of the game to end customers and distribution channels. Develop sales tools that support the selling process;
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan;
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers and on your competition;
- Product influence – apply market knowledge to influence product release features;
- Grow customer base – this is a new game but part of a product catalogue. Leverage brand catalogue and existing brand users to grow product to 50,000+ paying customers with $1M+ revenue target.
As an Experienced Product Marketing Manager, you will have:
- 5+ years of software product marketing experience with at least 2 years experience in a field facing role;
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Marketing;
- Experience and comfort working under a ‘zero based budget’ model and a modest budget;
- Technical acumen – attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial;
- Willingness to travel;
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams and third parties;
- Opportunity to build with a relatively clean slate;
- The ability to hit the ground running.
You will have these attributes:
- A sense of humour;
- Like knowing that your routine is in fact, not routine;
- Able to think at a macro level but also roll up the sleeves where required;
- Have exceptional stakeholder communication skills;
- Have ‘attention to detail’ as your middle name;
- Not blame others for your mistakes;
- Get things done!
Does this sound like you? Send your résumé and salary expectations to us.
Thank you for applying! We look forward to meeting with the selected interview candidates.