Livingston International Employee Reviews

High call volume environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 March 2014
A typical day included taking inbound calls to help customers with regards to importing their vehicle from the U.S. into Canada. Providing information on process and procedures as well as completing their file to ensure the vehicle is admissible.

I learned the entire process on how to import your vehicle into Canada (Federal Gov. regulations) and how to multitask and stay very organized.

Management was a good group that lead from behind the scenes and the co-workers were hard working.

The hardest part of the job was staying organized and multitasking (completing 3-5 files at a time while taking inbound calls) but helping importers get their vehicles into Canada with minimal hassle was very rewarding.
Pros
Helping Canadian importers
Cons
Lack of consistent coaching opportunites from team leads
Co workers are great
Payroll Specialist (U.S.) (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie11 May 2015
My co workers are great people to work with get along great with them all. Everyone helps one another when in need. No one is left alone.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Long hours at times
Worst company to work for
Az Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON16 June 2015
The dispatcher thinks he's the president of the company. The fleet Mgr seems to think the same. They don't care if you see your family. They introduced quarterly bonuses for the drivers but no one ever gets much of it. They take it away if you make a mistake. It's actually used for punishment. They yell at the drivers, make them work long hours, and then give them a hard time for all of their overtime hours. They'really always looking for drivers because once the drivers get a taste of this company, they quit.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Dispatchers
Productive, Stable, and a good work environment
Release Agent/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 August 2013
I prepared documents for clients to clear customs, Tracking documents for drivers, dispatchers. I gained a lot of experience, how to deal with customersIt was a good company to work for, we had good customer service for all our clients. Very friendly environment. I gained a lot of experience, and built confidence. Overall i enjoyed working there. Management was helpful, hard part was that it was really busy and could not keep up with everyday changes. I really enjoyed meeting new clients, i enjoyed working with the staff as well.
Pros
friendly, good environment
Cons
Every day changes
Was an enjoyable place to work and I miss it.
Data Entry/ Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2012
My typical day at work was first to print off all the necessary
reports for management, brokers, cashier's and other custom
office ant to distribute them accordingly. My main priority was to
key in broker's and business owners documents for their importing
and exporting of goods. These had to be printed off and I had to
correct any errors. (Example: brokers used wrong tariff codes,
GST etc.)
My co-workers were very pleasant and a joy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was when I first started as I had no
knowledge of Canada Border Services.
The most enjoyable part was taking my own initiative and learning
the procedures required and all the other aspects of Customs.
I gained knowledge and was able to serve all the clients in a
fast and efficient way. I went far and beyond what was expected
of me, and I am proud of what I was able to accomplish and the excellent service I was able deliver to all my clients and management.
Pros
bbq's in the summer
Cons
nil
night shift
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2015
worked there on the midnight shift, since the day i completed my field integration field placement there

I can no longer work the midnight shift as I find it to be to hard on me to do any longer, There seems to be a lack of organization within the company, and there doesnt seem to be much support from people that want to work as a team and make the company come together better. At the present moment there is no movement within the company to move up to a better wage or a better shift then the one I am currently working in.
Pros
Large company
Cons
bad shifts
Good place
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ON29 March 2016
It was a great place to work lost of interesting people and shipments.
Lots of shift work which can be hard on family life if yo are on third shift.
love the environment
Accounting/Customer Service/Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2015
i love my Job, bosses and my co workers are the best but our company is shrinking that's why i am looking for another job. i enjoy working here coz i am dealing with different kinds of people everyday, either on the phone or in person since i deal with our walk in importers, so basically when it comes to customer service i have a great customer service, working here from 2008 until now is such a great honor, money is not that great but the people who i work with is worth it.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
full time 8 hours
great
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2016
learned a lot, great employees and gained great life experience. Working weekends and holidays was rough but lots of time off for working holidays
Cons
working weekends and almost every holiday
High pressure working environment
Client Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC7 November 2012
Co-workers great group of people.
Making many telephone calls to secure payment of deliquent accounts.
Hardest part of job is meeting daily requirements set by management.
Most enjoyable part of job was interaction and communication with clients.
Pros
friendly co-workers.
Cons
unattainable expectations
Good listener, calm on huge workload
IFF Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2014
A position as an Expedite or any other suitable Supply Chian /Logistics sector at a dynamic organization that seeks an ambitious and career conscious person where acquire skills and education will be utilized towards continued growth and advancement.
easy going and busy
Import Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 November 2014
A typical starts with identifying any issues that occurred afterhours from the previous days and taking appropriate action. Following that we meet with our boss for a quick meeting to review the days goals and targets. My day then would include rating our WIP report and CLVS files while also monitoring the release Q and assisting when needed and answering questions from our Jr. Staff.

The best part of my day is solving problems and teaching staff new or better ways to manage processes. I also enjoy being taught new processes and testing new system improvements to find out what works well and what does not.
Pros
shift flexibilty, knowledgeable employees
Good team environment
Director, Acquisitions and Integration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2015
The work environment at Livingston International is very team-focused, and includes many hard-working and dedicated professionals. The staff are friendly and welcoming.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 September 2013
co workers were amazing.
choosing your own schedule was a bonus.
management was unorganized.
Pros
comfortable atmosphere, accomodated and worked around your schedule
Cons
supervisor was unorganized.
Alots of Work with no $
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC14 August 2014
they work you very hard, not the best place to be. Bad atmosphere to be in.
Pros
Job security
Cons
alot of work with little staff
blah
Import analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ontario21 May 2014
it sucks. It is the worst company I have ever worked at. The management was a total joke. end of story.
Pros
coffee
Cons
all of it..
I liked working in Customs
release agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2014
It was a dog eat dog world in Toronto. Nobody really cared for the person sitting next to them. The team environment sucked, everyone was always trying to blame some else for mistakes that happened. Nobody was willing to say "my bad, sorry it won't happen again, but they were quick to point the finger at others."
Pros
great work hours
Cons
co workers were very rude
sales clerk
International Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Laurent14 July 2015
This is a typical job for someone that loves hockey and s willing to learn about all the different brands and products
they also offer great deals and fun excursions for employees (all hockey related)
working as a team
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC3 June 2014
This fast pace environment required us to work as a team, by welcoming all the challenge's that this position required.

I also enjoy our Christmas parties, Pot luck gatherings, it was a good sense of community.
Pros
free lunchs, coffe, company perks
Cons
Stift work
It's growing fast!
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON16 June 2015
The job I do requires constant learning, and is fast paced! The company is growing and doing it's best to provide better customer relations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Livingston International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9