Livingston International

Livingston International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 7, 2014
North America’s number one company focused on customs brokerage and compliance, Livingston International also offers international trade consulting and international freight forwarding across the continent and around the globe. With our U.S. headquarters in Chicago, Livingston operates along the U.S.-Canada border, with regional air/sea hubs in Los – more... Angeles, New York and Norfolk. Livingston employs over 3,200 employees at more than 125 key border points, seaports, airports and other strategic locations in North America, Europe and the Far East. – less
Very Family Oriented Environment
Senior Trade Analyst (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMay 19, 2014
Great concept with a work culture based upon family. It's a great company to work for if you are sales driven with the ability to master the tough sell. Being a people person is great asset. Franchise owners are required to be a husband and wife team so the work environment is family oriented.
A typical day at work
Operations Management (Current Employee), Southfield, MIApril 11, 2014
In a general sense I enjoy my job. I love what I do, and I love to make things better in the work place. I enjoy managing people and growing them, as well as creating process efficiency.
Skills training!
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Very big on skills training. I believe a company should allow cross training and other opportunities for it's employees to understand and grow with the company. This company allows for that.
enjoyable work environment
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee), Laredo, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: poor networking and computers
My day typically started by checking emails from shippers or mexican brokers for their status reports on what was coming inbound from mexico. Their was always learning in the customs brokerage. I got to work with some great co-workers and always made the hardest parts of the easy and enjoyable it was a continuing learning process.
Productive and professional
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 23, 2014
Excellent work environment and management. Interesting projects and clients.
used to be a great place before 2013.
import operations (Current Employee), itasca illinoisDecember 3, 2013
Pros: some coworkers who dont throw you under the bus to better themselves. free coffee
Cons: everything, write up for overtime even when short staffed, reviews are 6+ mos late. everything is a secret, constantly moving people around no security, if they think you are happy they put you somewhere else to try to make you quit, unfriendly
Horrible horrible horrible manangement. They could care less if you have a family. No fair labor or any other laws follwed. Discrimination and passive agressive harrasment. You are only an employee and no job security. Too political. If someone doesmt like you you are gone. They dont even know or enforce their own policies unless they use them against – more... you. wish I could afford to quit. the people who have handled the same clients for years are switched around and clients are not imformed. Only negative issues are pointed out .nevef a good thing said. Raises dont even come close to cost of living increases along with more than three percent increase in costs for insurance etc.managers would rather watch you drown in files then help and dont lead by example. Mngrs allowed to come and go as they please but enforce rules of not letting anyone else. If you are not mngmnt you are nobody. Beneath them. Suprised a class action lawsuit hasnt been issued yet. They dont even deserve the one stars above. Most deserved to stay blank. No flex schedule. No special accomidations. No care for thos who are just employees – less
Great place to build experience, and advance career
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, NYNovember 18, 2013
Pros: everything!
Cons: can be stressful
i cannot say anything bad about LII. i started off in the mail room and was able to work my way up the ladder before leaving the company when i moved out of state. to this day i would go back to work for LII in a heartbeat!
Good company to work for.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Taylor, MIOctober 11, 2013
A typical consist of running reports,reviewing them and correcting any error that would have been made the day before.Fast place company to work for very busy.
International Customs Brokerage
Internal Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Champlain, NYSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: benefits package including vision and dental
Cons: understaffed
Internal Service Coordinator - prepared documentation for US customs.
A very stagnant and antiquated culture. Managment make up their own rules.
Analyst (Former Employee), SouthfieldMarch 20, 2013
Pros: there are committees to promte good health and fun in the work place.
Cons: awful place unfriendly, and not sincere to thier employees.
I would NOT recommend anyone with true industrial or Customs compliance knowledge to seek employment with this company. Awful management.

They are not welcoming to any options or opinions. Managers run a around in circles. Not clear with directions or instructions and report incorrect information to make themselves sound knowledgeable. Management will – more... down grade their employees. Poor, poor management. Would not recommend their services or employment. – less
A very stagnant and antiquated culture. Managment make up their own rules.
Supervisor (Former Employee), SouthfieldMarch 20, 2013
Pros: there are committees to promte good health and fun in the work place.
Cons: awful place unfriendly, and not sincere to thier employees.

Misleading, empty promises!!
Executive Admin (Former Employee), itasca, ILNovember 13, 2012
Cons: management
In my tenure with this company, I was witness to multiple employees leaving or being terminated when management was confronted with not fulfilling agreements promised at hire. The company is very disorganized and is designed around a policy that hires employees on temporary basis. The revolving door policy that is implemented here doesn't give any job – more... security. The mentality is to utilize the employee to maximum potential at minimal reward. Once the employee realizes the system and voices the concern they are terminated. – less
Horrible management with no discerneable people skills. Cliques and boy's clubs.
Trade Analyst (Former Employee), Southfield, MichiganNovember 12, 2012
Pros: stepping stone
Cons: management, systems
First let me preface this with the fact that this office was purchased from JPMorgan by Livingston. This is not a indictment of Livingston International but rather the management of this office.

The problems are Livingston kept the existing management in place, and they, in turn, refused to integrate into the greater culture of Livingston.

Petty management, – more... systems that are held together with tape, reactive, rather than proactive management. More time is spent on clerical minutia, than on actual work. Large volums of personal CYA, because there's always a bus looking for someone to run over. Got a family? TOO BAD. Medical problem, work around them.

Most people are pretty decent, they are in the same boat afterall, but there are others who have reached their zenith, and are quite protective of their perch.

Management views people who leave as poor employees who were recruited away by opportunistic companies. They never look to themselves as bearing any responsibility. The odd thing is, almost without exception, these "poor" employees are now advancing in their careers.

What I've learned, a five minute job can be micro-managed, meeting and measured into a multi month project. Don't think for yourself, it could contradict someone's process. While other parts of the company work together, this office works apart and against. Its greatest product is meetings and meeting minutes.

Hardest part of the job is "we know better than you do", effectively ZERO support, bureaucracy and systems that are less efficient than paper and pencil processes.

The most enjoyable part was when I gave my notice. While moving out of state was not my first choice, the decision has allowed me to grow professionally and nearly double my pay.

There was a lot of hope that the purchase by Livingston would result in significant changes. Per my friends who remain, "not so much" – less
Un emploi qui demande d'être cpable de travailler plusieur dossier en même temp
Analyste à l'importation (Former Employee), Montréal, QC:July 25, 2012
Pros: aller faire des audits chez les clients.
Cons: toujours trop de travail qui doit être fait pour hier...
On commence la journée en vérifiant nos réception d’émail et de placer sur notre bureau de travaille nos priorités; (réponse d'émail, relâche de douane, Pars par heures d'arrivé a la douane, Rating, B2, Répondre au message vocale...)

Donc voici une journée comme courtier en douane.