Livingston International Employee Reviews

Good team environment
Director, Acquisitions and Integration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2015
The work environment at Livingston International is very team-focused, and includes many hard-working and dedicated professionals. The staff are friendly and welcoming.
Busy, busy, busy!
Cross Border Agent (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 February 2015
The job in itself was alright, it was the management that made it unpleasant. Some people got small promotions and let it rise to their head so fast.

Supervisors from other departments constantly coming to question the work I was doing.

Another thing is they kept hiring anyone with no experience and they made same position employees train them for a couple of hours which resulted in a pile of work of the employees who actually did their work.
Pros
Free cheap coffee and tea.
Cons
They piled so much work on me, which caused my stressed to go high, which in turn caused me to get daily anxiety attacks.
Good work exposure, but heavy work duties
Cash Application (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2015
Work at Livingston is very stressful and very fast phase. Although it is very hard, it is still a valuable experience for me and I trained myself to work under heavy pressure. The upside are the people I worked with. They are very nice and understanding. Although the management isn't as organized as I would hope they are. The hardest part of the job is every month end. That's where most of the payments comes in, and the work load becomes overwhelming. The most enjoyable part about the job is when we have a birthday celebration and other significant occasion.
Pros
Good experience, getting expose under heavy pressure
Cons
Low pay, No opportunity of advancement, stressful
easy going and busy
Import Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 November 2014
A typical starts with identifying any issues that occurred afterhours from the previous days and taking appropriate action. Following that we meet with our boss for a quick meeting to review the days goals and targets. My day then would include rating our WIP report and CLVS files while also monitoring the release Q and assisting when needed and answering questions from our Jr. Staff.

The best part of my day is solving problems and teaching staff new or better ways to manage processes. I also enjoy being taught new processes and testing new system improvements to find out what works well and what does not.
Pros
shift flexibilty, knowledgeable employees
Productive, a [;ace to gain expericence
Release classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2014
A typical day at work, is coming in and getting right to the point. Clearing shipments all day long,sometimes there is no time for lunch.

There are many new things learned everyday, when it comes to new clients and how to process their shipments.

Management is not the best, but there are those who knows the employees really well, in terms of how much work they are producing and forth, also have a great understanding (this beingmy manager ofcourse).

There is nothing hard about my job, what there is to be done, I always try my best to complete it.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is making the clients, drivers, dispatcher happy and most of all my co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Not paid enough, no flexibale hours
Productive, Stable, and a good work environment
Release Agent/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 August 2013
I prepared documents for clients to clear customs, Tracking documents for drivers, dispatchers. I gained a lot of experience, how to deal with customersIt was a good company to work for, we had good customer service for all our clients. Very friendly environment. I gained a lot of experience, and built confidence. Overall i enjoyed working there. Management was helpful, hard part was that it was really busy and could not keep up with everyday changes. I really enjoyed meeting new clients, i enjoyed working with the staff as well.
Pros
friendly, good environment
Cons
Every day changes
Your just an employee number
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg13 April 2015
Livingston International is a company that only looks at the bottom line. They have no consideration for their employees regarding job security. Livingston's management has no clue of what their doing in regards to their day to day functions.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Structure of the company
High call volume environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 March 2014
A typical day included taking inbound calls to help customers with regards to importing their vehicle from the U.S. into Canada. Providing information on process and procedures as well as completing their file to ensure the vehicle is admissible.

I learned the entire process on how to import your vehicle into Canada (Federal Gov. regulations) and how to multitask and stay very organized.

Management was a good group that lead from behind the scenes and the co-workers were hard working.

The hardest part of the job was staying organized and multitasking (completing 3-5 files at a time while taking inbound calls) but helping importers get their vehicles into Canada with minimal hassle was very rewarding.
Pros
Helping Canadian importers
Cons
Lack of consistent coaching opportunites from team leads
I liked working in Customs
release agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2014
It was a dog eat dog world in Toronto. Nobody really cared for the person sitting next to them. The team environment sucked, everyone was always trying to blame some else for mistakes that happened. Nobody was willing to say "my bad, sorry it won't happen again, but they were quick to point the finger at others."
Pros
great work hours
Cons
co workers were very rude
High pressure working environment
Client Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC7 November 2012
Co-workers great group of people.
Making many telephone calls to secure payment of deliquent accounts.
Hardest part of job is meeting daily requirements set by management.
Most enjoyable part of job was interaction and communication with clients.
Pros
friendly co-workers.
Cons
unattainable expectations
sales clerk
International Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Laurent14 July 2015
This is a typical job for someone that loves hockey and s willing to learn about all the different brands and products
they also offer great deals and fun excursions for employees (all hockey related)
Good listener, calm on huge workload
IFF Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2014
A position as an Expedite or any other suitable Supply Chian /Logistics sector at a dynamic organization that seeks an ambitious and career conscious person where acquire skills and education will be utilized towards continued growth and advancement.
working as a team
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC3 June 2014
This fast pace environment required us to work as a team, by welcoming all the challenge's that this position required.

I also enjoy our Christmas parties, Pot luck gatherings, it was a good sense of community.
Pros
free lunchs, coffe, company perks
Cons
Stift work
Was an enjoyable place to work and I miss it.
Data Entry/ Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2012
My typical day at work was first to print off all the necessary
reports for management, brokers, cashier's and other custom
office ant to distribute them accordingly. My main priority was to
key in broker's and business owners documents for their importing
and exporting of goods. These had to be printed off and I had to
correct any errors. (Example: brokers used wrong tariff codes,
GST etc.)
My co-workers were very pleasant and a joy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was when I first started as I had no
knowledge of Canada Border Services.
The most enjoyable part was taking my own initiative and learning
the procedures required and all the other aspects of Customs.
I gained knowledge and was able to serve all the clients in a
fast and efficient way. I went far and beyond what was expected
of me, and I am proud of what I was able to accomplish and the excellent service I was able deliver to all my clients and management.
Pros
bbq's in the summer
Cons
nil
Co workers are great
Payroll Specialist (U.S.) (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie11 May 2015
My co workers are great people to work with get along great with them all. Everyone helps one another when in need. No one is left alone.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Long hours at times
It's growing fast!
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON16 June 2015
The job I do requires constant learning, and is fast paced! The company is growing and doing it's best to provide better customer relations.
All about the Global Knowledge
Global Human Resources Consultant - Europe & Asia (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 February 2015
In this role working with 10 different countries, I have gained such a knowledge base regarding the legal and HR concepts within each country.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 September 2013
co workers were amazing.
choosing your own schedule was a bonus.
management was unorganized.
Pros
comfortable atmosphere, accomodated and worked around your schedule
Cons
supervisor was unorganized.
I found it to be a very interesting and enjoyable job.
Customs Release Agent (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ON9 January 2015
- learned how to work with different government departments to import commercial goods into Canada

- always rules and regulation changes
Not family oriented
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Halifax2 June 2014
Although this was a 6 month contract,I felt the staff was not helpful when a question was asked involving work ethic. Customer even said they felt like they were walking into a morgue.

2.9