Livingston International Employee Reviews

Productive Team Building Environment
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, Ontario19 August 2015
Livingston is a high paced work environment, full of fun hard working people. You learn how to process international shipments, deal with Customs to successfully clear shipments in and out of Canada. The managerial staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the company and the latest developments. You have high expectations and must succeed with a heavy workload whilst dealing with impatient and angry drivers. Livingston is a fun and family best company with incredible employees that make going to work a real pleasure.
Pros
Full benefits with great plans
Cons
High stress environment
sales clerk
International Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Laurent14 July 2015
This is a typical job for someone that loves hockey and s willing to learn about all the different brands and products
they also offer great deals and fun excursions for employees (all hockey related)
It's growing fast!
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON16 June 2015
The job I do requires constant learning, and is fast paced! The company is growing and doing it's best to provide better customer relations.
Worst company to work for
Az Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON16 June 2015
The dispatcher thinks he's the president of the company. The fleet Mgr seems to think the same. They don't care if you see your family. They introduced quarterly bonuses for the drivers but no one ever gets much of it. They take it away if you make a mistake. It's actually used for punishment. They yell at the drivers, make them work long hours, and then give them a hard time for all of their overtime hours. They'really always looking for drivers because once the drivers get a taste of this company, they quit.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Dispatchers
Co workers are great
Payroll Specialist (U.S.) (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie11 May 2015
My co workers are great people to work with get along great with them all. Everyone helps one another when in need. No one is left alone.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Long hours at times
Your just an employee number
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg13 April 2015
Livingston International is a company that only looks at the bottom line. They have no consideration for their employees regarding job security. Livingston's management has no clue of what their doing in regards to their day to day functions.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Structure of the company
Busy, busy, busy!
Cross Border Agent (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 February 2015
The job in itself was alright, it was the management that made it unpleasant. Some people got small promotions and let it rise to their head so fast.

Supervisors from other departments constantly coming to question the work I was doing.

Another thing is they kept hiring anyone with no experience and they made same position employees train them for a couple of hours which resulted in a pile of work of the employees who actually did their work.
Pros
Free cheap coffee and tea.
Cons
They piled so much work on me, which caused my stressed to go high, which in turn caused me to get daily anxiety attacks.
Good work exposure, but heavy work duties
Cash Application (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2015
Work at Livingston is very stressful and very fast phase. Although it is very hard, it is still a valuable experience for me and I trained myself to work under heavy pressure. The upside are the people I worked with. They are very nice and understanding. Although the management isn't as organized as I would hope they are. The hardest part of the job is every month end. That's where most of the payments comes in, and the work load becomes overwhelming. The most enjoyable part about the job is when we have a birthday celebration and other significant occasion.
Pros
Good experience, getting expose under heavy pressure
Cons
Low pay, No opportunity of advancement, stressful
All about the Global Knowledge
Global Human Resources Consultant - Europe & Asia (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 February 2015
In this role working with 10 different countries, I have gained such a knowledge base regarding the legal and HR concepts within each country.
I found it to be a very interesting and enjoyable job.
Customs Release Agent (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ON9 January 2015
- learned how to work with different government departments to import commercial goods into Canada

- always rules and regulation changes
Good listener, calm on huge workload
IFF Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2014
A position as an Expedite or any other suitable Supply Chian /Logistics sector at a dynamic organization that seeks an ambitious and career conscious person where acquire skills and education will be utilized towards continued growth and advancement.
easy going and busy
Import Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 November 2014
A typical starts with identifying any issues that occurred afterhours from the previous days and taking appropriate action. Following that we meet with our boss for a quick meeting to review the days goals and targets. My day then would include rating our WIP report and CLVS files while also monitoring the release Q and assisting when needed and answering questions from our Jr. Staff.

The best part of my day is solving problems and teaching staff new or better ways to manage processes. I also enjoy being taught new processes and testing new system improvements to find out what works well and what does not.
Pros
shift flexibilty, knowledgeable employees
Productive, a [;ace to gain expericence
Release classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2014
A typical day at work, is coming in and getting right to the point. Clearing shipments all day long,sometimes there is no time for lunch.

There are many new things learned everyday, when it comes to new clients and how to process their shipments.

Management is not the best, but there are those who knows the employees really well, in terms of how much work they are producing and forth, also have a great understanding (this beingmy manager ofcourse).

There is nothing hard about my job, what there is to be done, I always try my best to complete it.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is making the clients, drivers, dispatcher happy and most of all my co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Not paid enough, no flexibale hours
Alots of Work with no $
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC14 August 2014
they work you very hard, not the best place to be. Bad atmosphere to be in.
Pros
Job security
Cons
alot of work with little staff
I liked working in Customs
release agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2014
It was a dog eat dog world in Toronto. Nobody really cared for the person sitting next to them. The team environment sucked, everyone was always trying to blame some else for mistakes that happened. Nobody was willing to say "my bad, sorry it won't happen again, but they were quick to point the finger at others."
Pros
great work hours
Cons
co workers were very rude
enjoyable place to work
Commis au dédouanement (Former Employee) –  Saint-bernard-de-lacolle, QC1 July 2014
I enjoyed working with fellow employees as well as in the public.
working as a team
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC3 June 2014
This fast pace environment required us to work as a team, by welcoming all the challenge's that this position required.

I also enjoy our Christmas parties, Pot luck gatherings, it was a good sense of community.
Pros
free lunchs, coffe, company perks
Cons
Stift work
Not family oriented
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Halifax2 June 2014
Although this was a 6 month contract,I felt the staff was not helpful when a question was asked involving work ethic. Customer even said they felt like they were walking into a morgue.
blah
Import analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ontario21 May 2014
it sucks. It is the worst company I have ever worked at. The management was a total joke. end of story.
Pros
coffee
Cons
all of it..
High call volume environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 March 2014
A typical day included taking inbound calls to help customers with regards to importing their vehicle from the U.S. into Canada. Providing information on process and procedures as well as completing their file to ensure the vehicle is admissible.

I learned the entire process on how to import your vehicle into Canada (Federal Gov. regulations) and how to multitask and stay very organized.

Management was a good group that lead from behind the scenes and the co-workers were hard working.

The hardest part of the job was staying organized and multitasking (completing 3-5 files at a time while taking inbound calls) but helping importers get their vehicles into Canada with minimal hassle was very rewarding.
Pros
Helping Canadian importers
Cons
Lack of consistent coaching opportunites from team leads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Livingston International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9