Livingston International

Livingston International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
n/a
Customs Clerk (Current Employee), fort erieJuly 24, 2015
no sick days. not able to book any time off. expected to do a lot for little in return. expected to do a lot of work in a small amount of time
sales clerk
International Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint LaurentJuly 14, 2015
This is a typical job for someone that loves hockey and s willing to learn about all the different brands and products
they also offer great deals and fun excursions for employees (all hockey related)
It's growing fast!
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Erie, ONJune 16, 2015
The job I do requires constant learning, and is fast paced! The company is growing and doing it's best to provide better customer relations.
Worst company to work for
Az Driver (Current Employee), Concord, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Pension
Cons: Dispatchers
The dispatcher thinks he's the president of the company. The fleet Mgr seems to think the same. They don't care if you see your family. They introduced quarterly bonuses for the drivers but no one ever gets much of it. They take it away if you make a mistake. It's actually used for punishment. They yell at the drivers, make them work long hours, and then give them a hard time for all of their overtime hours. They'really always looking for drivers because once the drivers get a taste of this company, they quit.
Co workers are great
Payroll Specialist (U.S.) (Current Employee), Fort ErieMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great salary
Cons: Long hours at times
My co workers are great people to work with get along great with them all. Everyone helps one another when in need. No one is left alone.
Your just an employee number
Import Analyst (Former Employee), WinnipegApril 13, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Structure of the company
Livingston International is a company that only looks at the bottom line. They have no consideration for their employees regarding job security. Livingston's management has no clue of what their doing in regards to their day to day functions.
Busy, busy, busy!
Cross Border Agent (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free cheap coffee and tea.
Cons: they piled so much work on me, which caused my stressed to go high, which in turn caused me to get daily anxiety attacks.
The job in itself was alright, it was the management that made it unpleasant. Some people got small promotions and let it rise to their head so fast.

Supervisors from other departments constantly coming to question the work I was doing.

Another thing is they kept hiring anyone with no experience and they made same position employees train them for a couple of hours which resulted in a pile of work of the employees who actually did their work.
Good work exposure, but heavy work duties
Cash Application (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: good experience, getting expose under heavy pressure
Cons: low pay, no opportunity of advancement, stressful
Work at Livingston is very stressful and very fast phase. Although it is very hard, it is still a valuable experience for me and I trained myself to work under heavy pressure. The upside are the people I worked with. They are very nice and understanding. Although the management isn't as organized as I would hope they are. The hardest part of the job is every month end. That's where most of the payments comes in, and the work load becomes overwhelming. The most enjoyable part about the job is when we have a birthday celebration and other significant occasion.
All about the Global Knowledge
Global Human Resources Consultant - Europe & Asia (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 5, 2015
In this role working with 10 different countries, I have gained such a knowledge base regarding the legal and HR concepts within each country.
I found it to be a very interesting and enjoyable job.
Customs Release Agent (Former Employee), Point Edward, ONJanuary 9, 2015
- learned how to work with different government departments to import commercial goods into Canada

- always rules and regulation changes
Good listener, calm on huge workload
IFF Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2014
A position as an Expedite or any other suitable Supply Chian /Logistics sector at a dynamic organization that seeks an ambitious and career conscious person where acquire skills and education will be utilized towards continued growth and advancement.
easy going and busy
Import Analyst (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 2, 2014
Pros: shift flexibilty, knowledgeable employees
A typical starts with identifying any issues that occurred afterhours from the previous days and taking appropriate action. Following that we meet with our boss for a quick meeting to review the days goals and targets. My day then would include rating our WIP report and CLVS files while also monitoring the release Q and assisting when needed and answering questions from our Jr. Staff.

The best part of my day is solving problems and teaching staff new or better ways to manage processes. I also enjoy being taught new processes and testing new system improvements to find out what works well and what does not.
Productive, a [;ace to gain expericence
Release classification Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not paid enough, no flexibale hours
A typical day at work, is coming in and getting right to the point. Clearing shipments all day long,sometimes there is no time for lunch.

There are many new things learned everyday, when it comes to new clients and how to process their shipments.

Management is not the best, but there are those who knows the employees really well, in terms of how much work they are producing and forth, also have a great understanding (this beingmy manager ofcourse).

There is nothing hard about my job, what there is to be done, I always try my best to complete it.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is making the clients, drivers, dispatcher happy and most of all my co-workers.
Alots of Work with no $
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: alot of work with little staff
they work you very hard, not the best place to be. Bad atmosphere to be in.
I liked working in Customs
release agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great work hours
Cons: co workers were very rude
It was a dog eat dog world in Toronto. Nobody really cared for the person sitting next to them. The team environment sucked, everyone was always trying to blame some else for mistakes that happened. Nobody was willing to say "my bad, sorry it won't happen again, but they were quick to point the finger at others."
working as a team
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver BCJune 3, 2014
Pros: free lunchs, coffe, company perks
Cons: stift work
This fast pace environment required us to work as a team, by welcoming all the challenge's that this position required.

I also enjoy our Christmas parties, Pot luck gatherings, it was a good sense of community.
Not family oriented
Receptionist (Former Employee), HalifaxJune 2, 2014
Although this was a 6 month contract,I felt the staff was not helpful when a question was asked involving work ethic. Customer even said they felt like they were walking into a morgue.
blah
Import analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ontarioMay 21, 2014
Pros: coffee
Cons: all of it..
it sucks. It is the worst company I have ever worked at. The management was a total joke. end of story.
High call volume environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: helping canadian importers
Cons: lack of consistent coaching opportunites from team leads
A typical day included taking inbound calls to help customers with regards to importing their vehicle from the U.S. into Canada. Providing information on process and procedures as well as completing their file to ensure the vehicle is admissible.

I learned the entire process on how to import your vehicle into Canada (Federal Gov. regulations) and how to multitask and stay very organized.

Management was a good group that lead from behind the scenes and the co-workers were hard working.

The hardest part of the job was staying organized and multitasking (completing 3-5 files at a time while taking inbound calls) but helping importers get their vehicles into Canada with minimal hassle was very rewarding.
Fun atmosphere, great experiance
Assistant- Accounts Payable (temp) (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 28, 2013
- sort invoices alphabetically
- verify accuracy of printed vendor invoices
- research vendor invoices as requested