Livingston International Employee Reviews

Very bad leadership
USER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 23, 2015
It is a very relaxed laid back work environment. There is little or no chance of advancement unless you are a family friend or a family member someone who is in upper management. The company offers no motivation to upgrade your skills or advancement.
Pros
Relaxed Enviroment
Cons
Lack of leadership
Release Customs Analyst
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2016
We are to clear any shipments that cross the border and we are in contact with constant change and we also need to be up to date with the regulations and laws with all the items and products coming into the country. Communication is key with the client and when needed I call, email and fax the clients and stay in touch with them.
productive work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ONJune 6, 2016
I really enjoyed working with this company. There were benefits to working there as you were praised for doing a good job and everyone was friendly, and easy to work with. We all had the same goal - to get the job done and help the clients
Educational Experience @ Livingston
International Freight Forwarder (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 31, 2015
My time at Livingston was indeed an educational experience. I learnt a massive amount of real world information about the documentation required for the movement internationally of freight with the federal government (Canadian). The freight manager was a very thorough and patient instructor, my co-workers were a varried lot of individual personalties, and the hardest part of the job was learning the ins and outs of their computer system, a bit confusing and cumbersome until I had experience in all aspects of it.
Pros
Free Tea/Coffie
The work was challening but good
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ONOctober 16, 2015
Clearance of shipments into Canada, via rail, ocean, air and truck.
Overall the work was interesting, but management left something to be desired. Communication to the off shifts was almost non existent.
I worked alone a majority of the time, had to learn the ins and outs by myself. As was routinely ignored by superiors. AS most o f the relevant information was givien to the day and afternoon shift.
Good place
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ONMarch 29, 2016
It was a great place to work lost of interesting people and shipments.
Lots of shift work which can be hard on family life if yo are on third shift.
Productive Team Building Environment
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, OntarioAugust 19, 2015
Livingston is a high paced work environment, full of fun hard working people. You learn how to process international shipments, deal with Customs to successfully clear shipments in and out of Canada. The managerial staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the company and the latest developments. You have high expectations and must succeed with a heavy workload whilst dealing with impatient and angry drivers. Livingston is a fun and family best company with incredible employees that make going to work a real pleasure.
Pros
Full benefits with great plans
Cons
High stress environment
Good work exposure, but heavy work duties
Cash Application (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Work at Livingston is very stressful and very fast phase. Although it is very hard, it is still a valuable experience for me and I trained myself to work under heavy pressure. The upside are the people I worked with. They are very nice and understanding. Although the management isn't as organized as I would hope they are. The hardest part of the job is every month end. That's where most of the payments comes in, and the work load becomes overwhelming. The most enjoyable part about the job is when we have a birthday celebration and other significant occasion.
Pros
good experience, getting expose under heavy pressure
Cons
low pay, no opportunity of advancement, stressful
Typical Day
Trade Advisor (Current Employee) –  mississaugaOctober 20, 2015
I have been in inside sales coming up to 5 years, and I have enjoyed the experience. I feel going forward I would either want to go into operations or if sales opportunities persist, i would enjoy being an outside sales rep.

As of right now, future opportunities at Livingston look dim, and they would rather hire people from outside then inside the business.
Pros
Great team i work with
love the environment
Accounting/Customer Service/Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2015
i love my Job, bosses and my co workers are the best but our company is shrinking that's why i am looking for another job. i enjoy working here coz i am dealing with different kinds of people everyday, either on the phone or in person since i deal with our walk in importers, so basically when it comes to customer service i have a great customer service, working here from 2008 until now is such a great honor, money is not that great but the people who i work with is worth it.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
full time 8 hours
Busy, busy, busy!
Cross Border Agent (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 27, 2015
The job in itself was alright, it was the management that made it unpleasant. Some people got small promotions and let it rise to their head so fast.

Supervisors from other departments constantly coming to question the work I was doing.

Another thing is they kept hiring anyone with no experience and they made same position employees train them for a couple of hours which resulted in a pile of work of the employees who actually did their work.
Pros
free cheap coffee and tea.
Cons
they piled so much work on me, which caused my stressed to go high, which in turn caused me to get daily anxiety attacks.
night shift
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 23, 2015
worked there on the midnight shift, since the day i completed my field integration field placement there

I can no longer work the midnight shift as I find it to be to hard on me to do any longer, There seems to be a lack of organization within the company, and there doesnt seem to be much support from people that want to work as a team and make the company come together better. At the present moment there is no movement within the company to move up to a better wage or a better shift then the one I am currently working in.
Pros
Large company
Cons
bad shifts
Productive, a [;ace to gain expericence
Release classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at work, is coming in and getting right to the point. Clearing shipments all day long,sometimes there is no time for lunch.

There are many new things learned everyday, when it comes to new clients and how to process their shipments.

Management is not the best, but there are those who knows the employees really well, in terms of how much work they are producing and forth, also have a great understanding (this beingmy manager ofcourse).

There is nothing hard about my job, what there is to be done, I always try my best to complete it.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is making the clients, drivers, dispatcher happy and most of all my co-workers.
benefits
Cons
not paid enough, no flexibale hours
great
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
learned a lot, great employees and gained great life experience. Working weekends and holidays was rough but lots of time off for working holidays
Cons
working weekends and almost every holiday
Worst company to work for
Az Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, ONJune 16, 2015
The dispatcher thinks he's the president of the company. The fleet Mgr seems to think the same. They don't care if you see your family. They introduced quarterly bonuses for the drivers but no one ever gets much of it. They take it away if you make a mistake. It's actually used for punishment. They yell at the drivers, make them work long hours, and then give them a hard time for all of their overtime hours. They'really always looking for drivers because once the drivers get a taste of this company, they quit.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Dispatchers
Your just an employee number
Import Analyst (Former Employee) –  WinnipegApril 13, 2015
Livingston International is a company that only looks at the bottom line. They have no consideration for their employees regarding job security. Livingston's management has no clue of what their doing in regards to their day to day functions.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Structure of the company
Co workers are great
Payroll Specialist (U.S.) (Current Employee) –  Fort ErieMay 11, 2015
My co workers are great people to work with get along great with them all. Everyone helps one another when in need. No one is left alone.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Long hours at times
Good team environment
Director, Acquisitions and Integration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
The work environment at Livingston International is very team-focused, and includes many hard-working and dedicated professionals. The staff are friendly and welcoming.
High call volume environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 13, 2014
A typical day included taking inbound calls to help customers with regards to importing their vehicle from the U.S. into Canada. Providing information on process and procedures as well as completing their file to ensure the vehicle is admissible.

I learned the entire process on how to import your vehicle into Canada (Federal Gov. regulations) and how to multitask and stay very organized.

Management was a good group that lead from behind the scenes and the co-workers were hard working.

The hardest part of the job was staying organized and multitasking (completing 3-5 files at a time while taking inbound calls) but helping importers get their vehicles into Canada with minimal hassle was very rewarding.
Pros
helping canadian importers
Cons
lack of consistent coaching opportunites from team leads
Was an enjoyable place to work and I miss it.
Data Entry/ Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2012
My typical day at work was first to print off all the necessary
reports for management, brokers, cashier's and other custom
office ant to distribute them accordingly. My main priority was to
key in broker's and business owners documents for their importing
and exporting of goods. These had to be printed off and I had to
correct any errors. (Example: brokers used wrong tariff codes,
GST etc.)
My co-workers were very pleasant and a joy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was when I first started as I had no
knowledge of Canada Border Services.
The most enjoyable part was taking my own initiative and learning
the procedures required and all the other aspects of Customs.
I gained knowledge and was able to serve all the clients in a
fast and efficient way. I went far and beyond what was expected
of me, and I am proud of what I was able to accomplish and the excellent service I was able deliver to all my clients and management.
Pros
bbq's in the summer
Cons
nil

2.8