Livingston International Employee Reviews

Decent IT department but not much room for advancing.
User Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Decent IT department but not much room for advancing. The day-to-day tasks are very repetitive with not much changing and having to be on the phones constantly.
good company
Release Custom Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
Great company, they really take the time to train new people and people are really nice. You can always find new things to learn in the company and more challenges to achieve.
Needs a lot of improvement
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 May 2017
Every shift is always bumping heads. All three shifts like to talk badly about the pervious shifts work ethics. The atmosphere is quite negative, they dropped the benifits. We have gone through two CEO's in the past year (The first one left to go to FedEx). They stopped hiring more employees even though we're drowning in our work load. There is barely any room for you to actually move up in the industry.
Poor management /Bad pay
Release Customs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Good on your resume for work experience but the pay and shift is nothing to write about.They hardly raise pay and hard work doesn't pay at Livingston Int'l. Some of the staff are wonderful though.
Pros
Good on resume
Cons
Bad shift/pay
Interesting every day
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2017
I enjoyed carrying many hats in the job.
I Processed all incoming checks and applied them to the accounts.
I cleaned up and monitored all the accounts or spoke to the Broker who was in charge of the account to find out why payment/s were overdue or not

I took over Toronto's Cross Border Credit Checks after hours.
I was in Vancouver and we were 2 hrs behind.

I also took over reception when needed
Pros
Workload
Cons
Manager
Very good place to work
Cliect Financial Services (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC4 January 2017
Do not believe in all those negative feedbacks......I work as CFS and absolutely love it. You get to learn lots of new and very interesting stuff. My manager is excellent along with all my co-workers. If you are having problems, both my manager and co-workers drop everything to help you out. Yes, there is a large amount of work and some stress, but that makes it all the worthwhile. Since I love my job so much, it doesn't seem like work to me. I enjoy getting up in the morning and going to work.
Pros
Free coffee, good pay and excellent benefits
Cons
None that comes to mind
Decent work place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
The people I have worked with are very nice. Everyone gets along and tries to help each other out. However Management doesn't know, nor do they even try to take the time to get to know the different departments and what they do. Salary increases are very low from year to year. Management can also be very pushy.
Benefits
Cons
Salary/raises, work hrs
Terrible place to work
Custom release analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
Supervisors are bullies and borders on harrassment. Do not work here! Slave Labour comes to mind. You are not valued or respected. You are just a number.
cool
Customs Release Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON25 November 2016
not the greatest place to work i mean the money is ok and the people are ok but the work load and some of the management are hard to understand and take seriously
Very productive
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2016
Working at the office, working with clients and maintaining a good relationship with them, I've learned how to use LOIS and LOCUS which are the companies internal servers, my co-workers were very respectful and nice, the hardest part of the job were the hours (overnight), the most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with my clients and maintaining good communication with the overnight managers and my friendly co-workers.
Pros
friendly co-workers, salary, encouraging managers
Cons
overnight shifts
nice people to work with
Release classification analyst (RCA) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
we had holiday themes and dress down days when i was there, i liked the people there and i was a very nice environment. the employees were very friendly and nice to work with on a daily basis.
nice work enviroment
release agent (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB28 October 2016
Livingston is a great work environment, however the pay is a minimum and I am looking for more. We have a close work place and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Bad managment,
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 October 2016
The overall job was alright, with new management during the week, would be a better better place.. There is room for movement only if you are a friend of a manager
Good Exp
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
company is very good
and their business is very good
all management is superb
Staff are cooperative
all are good
Location is well
Release Customs Analyst
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2016
We are to clear any shipments that cross the border and we are in contact with constant change and we also need to be up to date with the regulations and laws with all the items and products coming into the country. Communication is key with the client and when needed I call, email and fax the clients and stay in touch with them.
productive work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON6 June 2016
I really enjoyed working with this company. There were benefits to working there as you were praised for doing a good job and everyone was friendly, and easy to work with. We all had the same goal - to get the job done and help the clients
Good place
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Point Edward, ON29 March 2016
It was a great place to work lost of interesting people and shipments.
Lots of shift work which can be hard on family life if yo are on third shift.
great
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2016
learned a lot, great employees and gained great life experience. Working weekends and holidays was rough but lots of time off for working holidays
Cons
working weekends and almost every holiday
Educational Experience @ Livingston
International Freight Forwarder (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 December 2015
My time at Livingston was indeed an educational experience. I learnt a massive amount of real world information about the documentation required for the movement internationally of freight with the federal government (Canadian). The freight manager was a very thorough and patient instructor, my co-workers were a varried lot of individual personalties, and the hardest part of the job was learning the ins and outs of their computer system, a bit confusing and cumbersome until I had experience in all aspects of it.
Pros
Free Tea/Coffie
Very bad leadership
USER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2015
It is a very relaxed laid back work environment. There is little or no chance of advancement unless you are a family friend or a family member someone who is in upper management. The company offers no motivation to upgrade your skills or advancement.
Pros
Relaxed Enviroment
Cons
Lack of leadership