Livingston International Employee Reviews

Disorganized Company
Client Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Management is very disorganized with very little leadership qualities. Systems being used are not helpful to complete the work in an organized fashion.
fun & made great friends
Cross Border Agent (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 November 2017
Busy call centre. Nice place. typical day would be a 8 hour shift. learned to talk fast and be efficient
management was great, no bothersome
culture was great
Good Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2017
Livingston Intl is a big Customs Brokerage Company for years. When Livingston opened the Freight Forwarding side , they acquired Consultrans in Oakville where I was hired .
My knowledge in Logistics was not as vague at the time , but my supervisor who had years of experience in Logistics, taught me the step by step process – before I know it , I was up and running like a pro in dispatch and customer service.
It was good to work with people who were experts in the field … they became mentors to me .
When Livingston acquired Peace Bridge customs brokers, the merge became great , but sadly they had to let go of people .
Pros
Good benefits
Great Department
Client Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 September 2017
My current department is very well put together. Everyone respects one another. The management is great, very understanding of the work an life balance.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Repetitive day in and day out.
Productive and fun workplace
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 August 2017
Easy and light job suitable for women. It requires continuous action and vigilance. Its rare to see the management. The most enjoyable part was packaging.
Pros
working with people
Cons
continuous action
Correct
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2017
Travail de nuit, constamment sur l'ordinateur. Il faut accomplir un certains nombre de tâches sur un temps limité. Les employés sont surveillés par leur performance.
Pros
Cafés gratuits
Cons
Courtes pauses
Decent IT department but not much room for advancing.
User Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Decent IT department but not much room for advancing. The day-to-day tasks are very repetitive with not much changing and having to be on the phones constantly.
good company
Release Custom Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
Great company, they really take the time to train new people and people are really nice. You can always find new things to learn in the company and more challenges to achieve.
Challenging work environment matching billings for payment.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
Code invoices from branches across Canada, reconciled northbound freight collect charges utilizing freight matching register, prepare memos for branch offices, both internal and external, for billing discrepancies.

Learned how to handle a variety of general office duties, including preparing and organizing mail and files so kept up-to-date.

Management style organized on department basis.

Workplace culture is collaborative to assist other co-workers but also controlled on an individual basis for specific customer file folders.

Hardest part of the job is reconciling and approving billings when
shipment not entered correctly into system.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with co-workers in
the department whenever assistance needed.
Pros
Dinners provided whenever overtime work was done.
Cons
Not having accurate billing information in the system, having to find correct information to match and pay it.
Manager Service Delivery
Qualified Customs Broker (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON20 May 2017
Managed a release team that would handle all aspects to the imports for a client base into Canada The team would be 3 shifts working 7/24. I would be available to this team for this time time period. I worked in this environment for 10 years.
Pros
good experience great grouth in customer servce aspect
Cons
long hours and under appreciated by senior mangement
Needs a lot of improvement
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 May 2017
Every shift is always bumping heads. All three shifts like to talk badly about the pervious shifts work ethics. The atmosphere is quite negative, they dropped the benifits. We have gone through two CEO's in the past year (The first one left to go to FedEx). They stopped hiring more employees even though we're drowning in our work load. There is barely any room for you to actually move up in the industry.
Standard contract job
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2017
Standard contract job - 8 hours a day, semi-livable wage, no benefits. Work is repetitive and not particularly challenging, but not hard, and working environment is comfortable.
Pros
Minimal managerial intervention (trusted to do your job), casual dress code, freedom to schedule own breaks
Cons
No benefits, minimal yearly raises, no growth potential, this particular job location is in a very isolated location, public transit is limited, no access to food beyond vending machines
Poor management /Bad pay
Release Customs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Good on your resume for work experience but the pay and shift is nothing to write about.They hardly raise pay and hard work doesn't pay at Livingston Int'l. Some of the staff are wonderful though.
Pros
Good on resume
Cons
Bad shift/pay
Challenging job
Release Classification Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 March 2017
Working with Livingston you must be tough,you know handle the pressure. Deals with different kinds of clients, set up their shipments on time frame . You have to know how to work with the team
Interesting every day
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2017
I enjoyed carrying many hats in the job.
I Processed all incoming checks and applied them to the accounts.
I cleaned up and monitored all the accounts or spoke to the Broker who was in charge of the account to find out why payment/s were overdue or not

I took over Toronto's Cross Border Credit Checks after hours.
I was in Vancouver and we were 2 hrs behind.

I also took over reception when needed
Pros
Workload
Cons
Manager
Very good place to work
Cliect Financial Services (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC4 January 2017
Do not believe in all those negative feedbacks......I work as CFS and absolutely love it. You get to learn lots of new and very interesting stuff. My manager is excellent along with all my co-workers. If you are having problems, both my manager and co-workers drop everything to help you out. Yes, there is a large amount of work and some stress, but that makes it all the worthwhile. Since I love my job so much, it doesn't seem like work to me. I enjoy getting up in the morning and going to work.
Pros
Free coffee, good pay and excellent benefits
Cons
None that comes to mind
Decent work place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
The people I have worked with are very nice. Everyone gets along and tries to help each other out. However Management doesn't know, nor do they even try to take the time to get to know the different departments and what they do. Salary increases are very low from year to year. Management can also be very pushy.
Benefits
Cons
Salary/raises, work hrs
Terrible place to work
Custom release analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
Supervisors are bullies and borders on harrassment. Do not work here! Slave Labour comes to mind. You are not valued or respected. You are just a number.
cool
Customs Release Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON25 November 2016
not the greatest place to work i mean the money is ok and the people are ok but the work load and some of the management are hard to understand and take seriously
Very productive
Release Classification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2016
Working at the office, working with clients and maintaining a good relationship with them, I've learned how to use LOIS and LOCUS which are the companies internal servers, my co-workers were very respectful and nice, the hardest part of the job were the hours (overnight), the most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with my clients and maintaining good communication with the overnight managers and my friendly co-workers.
Pros
friendly co-workers, salary, encouraging managers
Cons
overnight shifts