LivingSocial

LivingSocial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job, poor job security
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
I (unfortunately) only worked for LivingSocial for 6 months. The new CEO decided to lay off myself and 399 of my "closest friends" (including my boss and her boss). I don't see a bright future for the company -- hopefully all of these changes will bring about new growth for them. Best wishes.
Good place to work, no security
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Torrance, CANovember 25, 2014
Great culture, got a new CEO and laid off everyone they had hired in the past couple months. All in all about 20% of the company is gone.
Great company finally finding itself
Merchant Campaign Consultant (Former Employee), SeattleNovember 20, 2014
After 3 years it seems to have found a direction. As a remote employee I did miss out on a lot of culture and advancement opportunities.My over all time there was enjoyable.
Great company finally finding itself
Merchant Campaign Consultant (Former Employee), SeattleNovember 20, 2014
Good marketing for merchants, poor merchant service
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, culture, product
Cons: company organization, lay-offs, lack of communication to employees including goals, commissions, pay structure. lack of communication to merchants
LivingSocial has a great marketing plan for merchants looking to grow their business and create a buzz from new customers and customer feedback. LivingSocial lacks organization on the backend. As LivingSocial continues to evolve and hire new "higher-ups" they are leaving behind the basis of any good sales company: A sales team that builds customer relationships – more... and maintains a happy book of business…

Now that LivingSocial has changed their platform on outside sales and tries to move away from the daily deal space, I am interested to see how they flourish. – less
Flexible work enviroment
Chargeback Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 17, 2014
LivingSocial was a nice place to work. Very fast paced work environment yet still had time for some fun. Only really qualm I had with the company was the compensation.
Great environment
Merchant Payable Tax Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 13, 2014
The company has great benefits, diverse, and strives to succeed.
Fun environment to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free snacks and great benefits
The people you work are fun. You get snacks and free drinks on a daily basis.
loved it
Consumer Services representative (Former Employee), Tucson azNovember 7, 2014
I loved my job. I loved the culture and the values. I felt blessed to have this job and being laid off was truly a shock.
Fun workplace and co workers
International Sales, Best Practices Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits, vacation time
Cons: bad execution
The hardest part of the job is keeping clients as the company doesn't deliver what it promises.
Fun workplace with many rotating pieces
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 27, 2014
LivingSocial provides an excellent work environment for young, hungry people in the sales world. The day-to-day life allows for opportunities to converse with many different types of business owners in a variety of industries. There has been a major shift in the sales process; 6 months ago there was a prospecting approach to the partnership acquisitions, – more... now, it is strictly lead-based with no exceptions. My coworkers were nice, however they lacked the what ought to be identifiable quality of being "social" with one another. – less
Great
Sr. National Account Manager (Promotion) (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2014

We provide a trusted, convenient source for finding value on everyday items and activities and identifying novel, enriching and fun experiences for you to enjoy and share with your friends.

With thousands of unique and diverse offers – more... every day, we inspire our members to discover everything from weekend excursions to international travel, from exclusive gourmet dinners to family outings and more.

We help local and national businesses grow by introducing them to high-quality new customers. We deliver compelling and cost-effective marketing solutions for businesses large and small and provide our partners with the tools to make our members their regulars.

Based in Washington, DC, we have more than 40 million members around the world and have sold more than 103 million vouchers to date. – less
Growing Business
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: high commissions
Cons: being a remote employee
Overall my experience working with Living Social was a good one. I was an outside sales rep working remotely.

A typical day at work consisted of conference calls in the morning, administrative work, followed by cold calling. The afternoons were left for going out on appointments.

Since I was a remote employee I didn't have much interaction with coworkers – more... in person. My interaction with them was strictly on conference calls or when we got together for yearly conferences. I would say that was the hardest part of the job. The fact that I was so distant from other colleagues. And the most enjoyable part of my job was the rewarding paychecks. Not only was it nice to receive it but it was also a reflection of my hard work and great accounts I signed up. – less
Challenging Environment
New Business Development / Key Account Manager (Current Employee), CardiffJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: high pressure
A typical day at work would consist of a variety of cold calling techniques in order to secure clients to use Living Social's Online Marketing Proposition.

Hardest Part Of The Job: A Tough Sell

Most Enjoyable: Winning
...
Marketing Consultant for Tampa Bay (Former Employee), Tampa. FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: management and sales support
Amazing experience as a start up, unfortunately they grew too big too fast and the company suffered.
Was once on top but now is lost....
Inside Sales/Marketing Specialist - Nationwide (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere and good people.
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities.
Typical day including calling between 60-80 businesses and describing how a LivingSocial promotion works to gain interest in the hopes of running a promotion. Had the pleasure of working with some great sales people whom I'm still in contact with but who are no longer at LivingSocial due to change of environment and lack of job security and/or advancements. – more... This company is hurting from the top-down and not sure if they will recover. – less
great place to work for with good management style
Consumer Services Representative (Current Employee), tucson, arizonaMay 30, 2014
Pros: free snacks and drinks and voluntary time off available
Cons: not working 5 days straight/having to work weekends
my typical day consists of answering phones and emails; I've learned that good customer service is very important in all customer service positions; I've learned to treat others like I would like to be treated. Management has an open door policy Co-workers are team-players and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the initial training period – more... where you had to learn the different computer screens but it became much easier once training was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we acknowledge others for a job well done or for birthdays and our frequent potlucks is always enjoyable. – less
Poor management
Inside Sales/Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), DCApril 15, 2014
The companies management is extremely unorganized. The pay scale and commission is not what they explain in the interview. You work too much for little pay. Laid back environment for dressing. They will micro manage you.
I'd never worked in a ball pit before
Editorial Writer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 24, 2014
Editors encouraged total creativity. Staff was fun, dedicated and great at what they do (despite the proximity to the office ball pit and arcade).
Work is terrible
Marketing Specialist - At Home (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 24, 2014
If washing cars in a suit and tie is your thing this is the perfect job for you.

1 2 3 4 5

About LivingSocial

LivingSocial is a leading marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city – or wherever you may be. We're – Read more