LivingSocial

LivingSocial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management
Inside Sales/Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), DCApril 15, 2014
The companies management is extremely unorganized. The pay scale and commission is not what they explain in the interview. You work too much for little pay. Laid back environment for dressing. They will micro manage you.
I'd never worked in a ball pit before
Editorial Writer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 24, 2014
Editors encouraged total creativity. Staff was fun, dedicated and great at what they do (despite the proximity to the office ball pit and arcade).
Work is terrible
Marketing Specialist - At Home (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 24, 2014
If washing cars in a suit and tie is your thing this is the perfect job for you.
Very fun and fast moving work environment
Market Manager (Current Employee), Covent Garden, ENGMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great colleagues, excellent environment
Cons: limited options to take more responsibility
Day-to-day life at Living Social is extremely fast and ever changing. As an evolving digital company, we are forever working to ensure the best deals are reaching the right audience.

During my time here, I have learnt an incredible amount about the way a business operates in a fast paced environment operates. I have had to use my initiative to overcome – more... problems and ensure we hit revenue targets.

The hardest part of the job is working with the multiple departments involved in the deal life cycle, and due to my junior position, I am unable to really take a lead of the process. – less
A lot of nice people, poor business model
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 3, 2014
company isn't in good standing, i worked from 730 to 830, the hardest part of the job was meeting their unrealistic sales goals
Still trying to develop a strategy to succeed
MARKETING CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: incredibly difficult sale, very rewarding when you closed the deal
Cons: difficult to predict what would work and wouldn't
Worked under 11 compensation plans in 15 months. Largest backlog of deals in history and took company more than 60 days to work off the volume I generated. Increased subscribers by more than 500%. Just wish we could have continued the momentum.
micro management
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great income
Cons: high stress sales pressure
Terrible startup company to work for management was impossible to talk to and they wouldn't review or talk to you about any problems you had. Management didn't care about their employees.
Start up company with many changes, growing pains, but opportunities
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great commission structure
Cons: capped commssion
I launched my market for Living Social in 2011. I have had great success signing up well over 500+ local business owners. A typical day included admin work, cold calling in the morning and in-person meeting in the afternoon.

I've had success putting together a promotion that both engaged the subscriber and drove new business to the local merchant. – more... Unfortunately, the most difficult part of my job was dealing with the never-ending internal changes the company was going through. Launching different verticals that didn't work, changing the our "role" from time to time.

But the most enjoyable part of the job was working with local merchant and the gratification of running a successful promotion. – less
LS
Regional Accounts- (Current Employee), NortheastDecember 30, 2013
Great start up, huge growth first 3 years. Product filled a market nice in marketing and advertising. Recently many changes and re-orgs / restructures internally and changes in deliverables to clients in 2013.
Top Company
Senior Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 27, 2013
Pros: remote office. home
Cons: work life balance not a concern.
Great space. Given ample opportunity to advance. Ability to achieve financial goals. Autonomous environment.
Light environment
Live Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2013
Working at Living Social was very easy going. The interview process was like no other job. Group interview trying to see who could command the most attention with the least amount of effort is how I would describe it.
Best Job ever
Senior Market Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2013
Pros: flexibility pay benefits
Cons: severe growing pains
Working for Livingsocial is exciting, fun and rewarding. It is hardwork but excellent returns to customers and subscribers
Love chasing a moving target?
Senior Regional Field Sales Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2013
Pros: working from home office
Cons: i can't think of any cons.
Joining a start up is always fun, because you are always chasing a moving target because you are learning and training as you go. I was one of the managers hired at Livingsocial and helped manage as many as 34 sales reps and as they built out the Management team those numbers decreased. I managed a team of 10 in the Atlanta Major Market. I worked from – more... home on Monday and Friday and was in the field Tuesday - Thursday. The enjoyable part of the job was being in the field with the Marketing Consultants and sharing with new Merchants what Livingsocial could do for their business. I was also responsible for landing strategic accounts in the Atlanta Market. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the changes as we added new products, however this is also what kept the job so interesting and challenging. I was very close to my team and continued to keep in touch with several of them after they left the company. Online Marketing is growing arena and changes on a daily basis so there is never a dull moment! – less
Fantastic Fast Growth - Tons of Support to the Field
Director of Sales, Southwest US and Hawaii (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: terrific trips and prizes for top performance!
Cons: there aren't cons - it was a fantastic experience all the way around
This experience showed me how quickly a company can grow given the right resources, people, and plan. I have been involved in fast growth companies throughout my career, and LivingSocial's execution far surpasses anything I have experienced to date.
Fresh and innovative work place
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Washington D.CAugust 29, 2013
Being apart of a start up was very exciting yet unstable. I was able to learn a lot as being with this type of company you are able to do so many things beyond just your job title. If you wanted to jump in on a project, you could and were encouraged to.
Nice looking offices
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 28, 2013
Was a 'marketing associate' which is inside sales. Offices were really nice, but the position itself was mundane and boring. Learned a lot about self motivation, especially since everyone else's job in the company looked much more interesting. Very quickly moved on to a real marketing position outside the company, much happier for it.
Productive and fun work place.
Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2013
Great company to work for. A lot of potential room for growth!
Great Company with Growing Pains
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free soda, tea and coffee, free snacks (chips, cookies, etc), free beer (after-hours)
Cons: not many opportunities for advancement or salary raise, average company communication
I worked for LivingSocial for a few years and had an overall positive experience: the culture is inspiring, the people friendly, and the work is competitive and fun. The only negative things I can say is that the managers I had were not very good at communication, leadership, direction, etc. Additionally, management and departments became very clique – more... and sometimes resembled frats and sororities than a company.

In spite of that, I would still recommend this company to friends because I think overall the company is great and will learn and become better with time. – less
Large amounts of work
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Lousville KYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: work from home.
Cons: almost everything
typical day at work required cold calls and logging every single move you made. Logging emails, and phone calls became an extra 2 hour task. I learned a lot from livingsocial especially how to speak with small business owners and close a deal in one visit. Management was not very good. My second manager (the one after they fired 400 employees to save – more... money) never seemed interested in what I had to say. I did have the best co workers though! The hardest part of the job was selling 18 deals a month in a small city where no one even liked Groupon or LivingSocial at all. The most enjoyable part was it was fun for a few months then wore off when I did so well and they raised all of my goals again and again and again. – less
Good product, but internal operations needs a major overhaul.
Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 22, 2013
Very top heavy and can use some major re-structuring. Management creates an atmosphere that appears to love input from sales, however, nothing ever gets done.

1 2 3 4

About LivingSocial

LivingSocial is a leading marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city – or wherever you may be. We – Read more