LivingSocial

LivingSocial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great
Sr. National Account Manager (Promotion) (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2014

We provide a trusted, convenient source for finding value on everyday items and activities and identifying novel, enriching and fun experiences for you to enjoy and share with your friends.

With thousands of unique and diverse offers – more... every day, we inspire our members to discover everything from weekend excursions to international travel, from exclusive gourmet dinners to family outings and more.

We help local and national businesses grow by introducing them to high-quality new customers. We deliver compelling and cost-effective marketing solutions for businesses large and small and provide our partners with the tools to make our members their regulars.

Based in Washington, DC, we have more than 40 million members around the world and have sold more than 103 million vouchers to date. – less
Growing Business
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: high commissions
Cons: being a remote employee
Overall my experience working with Living Social was a good one. I was an outside sales rep working remotely.

A typical day at work consisted of conference calls in the morning, administrative work, followed by cold calling. The afternoons were left for going out on appointments.

Since I was a remote employee I didn't have much interaction with coworkers – more... in person. My interaction with them was strictly on conference calls or when we got together for yearly conferences. I would say that was the hardest part of the job. The fact that I was so distant from other colleagues. And the most enjoyable part of my job was the rewarding paychecks. Not only was it nice to receive it but it was also a reflection of my hard work and great accounts I signed up. – less
Challenging Environment
New Business Development / Key Account Manager (Current Employee), CardiffJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: high pressure
A typical day at work would consist of a variety of cold calling techniques in order to secure clients to use Living Social's Online Marketing Proposition.

Hardest Part Of The Job: A Tough Sell

Most Enjoyable: Winning
...
Marketing Consultant for Tampa Bay (Former Employee), Tampa. FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: management and sales support
Amazing experience as a start up, unfortunately they grew too big too fast and the company suffered.
Was once on top but now is lost....
Inside Sales/Marketing Specialist - Nationwide (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere and good people.
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities.
Typical day including calling between 60-80 businesses and describing how a LivingSocial promotion works to gain interest in the hopes of running a promotion. Had the pleasure of working with some great sales people whom I'm still in contact with but who are no longer at LivingSocial due to change of environment and lack of job security and/or advancements. – more... This company is hurting from the top-down and not sure if they will recover. – less
great place to work for with good management style
Consumer Services Representative (Current Employee), tucson, arizonaMay 30, 2014
Pros: free snacks and drinks and voluntary time off available
Cons: not working 5 days straight/having to work weekends
my typical day consists of answering phones and emails; I've learned that good customer service is very important in all customer service positions; I've learned to treat others like I would like to be treated. Management has an open door policy Co-workers are team-players and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the initial training period – more... where you had to learn the different computer screens but it became much easier once training was completed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we acknowledge others for a job well done or for birthdays and our frequent potlucks is always enjoyable. – less
Poor management
Inside Sales/Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), DCApril 15, 2014
The companies management is extremely unorganized. The pay scale and commission is not what they explain in the interview. You work too much for little pay. Laid back environment for dressing. They will micro manage you.
I'd never worked in a ball pit before
Editorial Writer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 24, 2014
Editors encouraged total creativity. Staff was fun, dedicated and great at what they do (despite the proximity to the office ball pit and arcade).
Work is terrible
Marketing Specialist - At Home (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 24, 2014
If washing cars in a suit and tie is your thing this is the perfect job for you.
Very fun and fast moving work environment
Market Manager (Current Employee), Covent Garden, ENGMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great colleagues, excellent environment
Cons: limited options to take more responsibility
Day-to-day life at Living Social is extremely fast and ever changing. As an evolving digital company, we are forever working to ensure the best deals are reaching the right audience.

During my time here, I have learnt an incredible amount about the way a business operates in a fast paced environment operates. I have had to use my initiative to overcome – more... problems and ensure we hit revenue targets.

The hardest part of the job is working with the multiple departments involved in the deal life cycle, and due to my junior position, I am unable to really take a lead of the process. – less
A lot of nice people, poor business model
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 3, 2014
company isn't in good standing, i worked from 730 to 830, the hardest part of the job was meeting their unrealistic sales goals
Still trying to develop a strategy to succeed
MARKETING CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: incredibly difficult sale, very rewarding when you closed the deal
Cons: difficult to predict what would work and wouldn't
Worked under 11 compensation plans in 15 months. Largest backlog of deals in history and took company more than 60 days to work off the volume I generated. Increased subscribers by more than 500%. Just wish we could have continued the momentum.
micro management
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great income
Cons: high stress sales pressure
Terrible startup company to work for management was impossible to talk to and they wouldn't review or talk to you about any problems you had. Management didn't care about their employees.
Start up company with many changes, growing pains, but opportunities
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great commission structure
Cons: capped commssion
I launched my market for Living Social in 2011. I have had great success signing up well over 500+ local business owners. A typical day included admin work, cold calling in the morning and in-person meeting in the afternoon.

I've had success putting together a promotion that both engaged the subscriber and drove new business to the local merchant. – more... Unfortunately, the most difficult part of my job was dealing with the never-ending internal changes the company was going through. Launching different verticals that didn't work, changing the our "role" from time to time.

But the most enjoyable part of the job was working with local merchant and the gratification of running a successful promotion. – less
LS
Regional Accounts- (Current Employee), NortheastDecember 30, 2013
Great start up, huge growth first 3 years. Product filled a market nice in marketing and advertising. Recently many changes and re-orgs / restructures internally and changes in deliverables to clients in 2013.
Top Company
Senior Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 27, 2013
Pros: remote office. home
Cons: work life balance not a concern.
Great space. Given ample opportunity to advance. Ability to achieve financial goals. Autonomous environment.
Light environment
Live Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2013
Working at Living Social was very easy going. The interview process was like no other job. Group interview trying to see who could command the most attention with the least amount of effort is how I would describe it.
Best Job ever
Senior Market Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2013
Pros: flexibility pay benefits
Cons: severe growing pains
Working for Livingsocial is exciting, fun and rewarding. It is hardwork but excellent returns to customers and subscribers
Love chasing a moving target?
Senior Regional Field Sales Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2013
Pros: working from home office
Cons: i can't think of any cons.
Joining a start up is always fun, because you are always chasing a moving target because you are learning and training as you go. I was one of the managers hired at Livingsocial and helped manage as many as 34 sales reps and as they built out the Management team those numbers decreased. I managed a team of 10 in the Atlanta Major Market. I worked from – more... home on Monday and Friday and was in the field Tuesday - Thursday. The enjoyable part of the job was being in the field with the Marketing Consultants and sharing with new Merchants what Livingsocial could do for their business. I was also responsible for landing strategic accounts in the Atlanta Market. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the changes as we added new products, however this is also what kept the job so interesting and challenging. I was very close to my team and continued to keep in touch with several of them after they left the company. Online Marketing is growing arena and changes on a daily basis so there is never a dull moment! – less
Fantastic Fast Growth - Tons of Support to the Field
Director of Sales, Southwest US and Hawaii (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: terrific trips and prizes for top performance!
Cons: there aren't cons - it was a fantastic experience all the way around
This experience showed me how quickly a company can grow given the right resources, people, and plan. I have been involved in fast growth companies throughout my career, and LivingSocial's execution far surpasses anything I have experienced to date.

1 2 3 4

About LivingSocial

LivingSocial is a leading marketplace to buy and share the best things to do in your city – or wherever you may be. We're – Read more