We are currently recruiting friendly, caring, compassionate and eperienced caregivers.
Duties may include Perform light housekeeping and cleaning, Provide personal care, Provide companionship, Care for individuals and families, Administer bedside and personal care, Feed or assist in feeding, Assist clients to walk, Aid clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
Do you have the following qualifications?
- 2 years Experience working in Homecare or with the elderly population
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Must have strong critical thinking, initiative and creativity
- Works effectively independently as well as in a team approach
- Demonstrates flexibility, sound judgment and cultural sensitivity in evaluating and responding to client needs
- Ability to motivate and promote resident participation in social, recreational and educational activities.
- Ability to communicate in English (spoken and written
- Personal Support Worker or Health Care Aide certificate and other relevant training preferred but not necessary;
The ideal candidate will also:
- Possess an email address and have access to the internet
- Have a valid Drivers’ Licence and a reliable motor vehicle
Please attend our Job fair:
Apply in person:
Where: Markham Village Library – Room A, 6031 Hwy 7 E, Markham
Date: Wednesday February 20, 2013
Time: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Please bring the following with you (THE ORIGINAL and ONE COPY FOR OUR RECORDS.)
1. PSW Certificate or other relevant certification (if applicable)
2. Vulnerable Sector Police Check issued within last two years
3. Current First Aid/CPR Certificate
4. RPN Certificate (if applicable)
5. SIN (Social Insurance) card. 6. Drivers Licence (if you have one)
7. WHMIS certificate (if you have one)
8. Any other healthcare related certificates such as Alzheimer Workshop 9. 3 work/employer references.
Please call 416.483.0070 to pre-register