Little Caesars

Little Caesars Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee), waterdown oantarioJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches and new friends
Cons: not aloud wearing nail polish
I got to run the front and make the food on my own with management. Helped me learn the roles of a supervisor and make big disions when management was not there
fun workplace rough management
Sales Representative, Dish Washer, Food Prep (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 26, 2013
a typical day at work consists of what position you're doing for the shift, for example dishes. I would make sure all the dishes are clean and sanitized before going on the rack. The management is not so good, not friendly, very hard to talk to, and rude.
Nice and good place for working students
Staff, Opening and Closing Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 19, 2013
They give me enough hours of work depending on my needs as a student. I have worked in this company for almost 3 years and I appreciated all of the help that my supervisor gave to me
Alright and fun place to work at.
Cashier, Crew (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 16, 2013
There's an average amount of hours my co-workers and I work from Thursday-Saturday. I learned new things that opened up my mind. The management is awesome and friendly. The hardest part of my job is well, nothing. Everything is right on. The most enjoyable part is being able to connect with co-workers making my working experience at Little Caesars amazing.
Co- manager, banking, paperwork, in charge
Co- manager (Current Employee), London,ontarioOctober 27, 2013
Cons: long hours
The best part of my day is when my co- workers come in and leave with a smile.
Hardest part of my job is when I start at 3 PM and end at 3 AM, every Saturday.
Productive, Easy going,
Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Albert ABOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free crazy bread. not a hard job to do.
It was a good job to work for, except the fact that I got a rash on my hands, not knowing from what. I would of stayed there, but the rash was getting bad. I would like to work for something that doesn't deal with food. Just incase the rash comes back. The people working there were great, we all worked well together, and they were really nice.
could have been better
Floor Staff (Former Employee), Ingersoll, ONAugust 6, 2013
the owner was new to the owner part of having a company and was wanting everyone to be good
great work places and fun people to work with.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch, good boss and fun work environment
A typical work day starts at 10 am, prepare pizzas for the day. Make dough then cut veggies. serve customers all day. After that not much else to do besides prepare for dinner time.
Greatest 10 years of my career.
General Manager/Owner (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJuly 29, 2013
I started out working one 4 hour shift a week, and turned that into full time, then assisntant manager, and then owner. Developed much of my management style from this business.
Good and fun place to work
Shift Runner (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJuly 22, 2013
Pros: free food, good environment
Cons: long understaffed hours, little pay
It was a good place to work, really fun, really nice people. The work was long hours and could be tough and felt understaffed. I quickly became a shift runner (supervisor).
productive and fun place to work
Shift Runner (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 21, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: more money
a typical day at work from my previous job experience would have to be a fun filled day with laughs and enjoyable banter.But theres also a task that needs to be met and me as a leader have to have my team know the difference between work and play ive learnt that in life theres decisions and choices its either you make a bad decision and learn from it or stick with the choice you have made and move on.I have met challenges and overcame them ive met deadlines and reached them i believe in hard work pays off and i dont expect the people i work with to think less than that cause if they do that makes me work 1000 times harder i love to work and if given the opportunity i would never let my employer down.
Fun place to work.
Shift Runner (Former Employee), HamiltonJuly 7, 2013
Pros: always busy.
Cons: short shifts.
Great co-workers. Fun working environment. Always busy. Clean, well kept store. Organized management.
Not so great
Ice cream girl (Former Employee), Chatham, ONJuly 3, 2013
really bossy. co-workers are great, can ask anything. Doesn't let much room for learning, has to be done right the first tome without being told how to do it.
Janitorial, making food and boxes (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABMay 30, 2013
Pros: free dinner
Cons: bullying
I learned how to fold boxes, make pizza, janitorial, make crazy bread, etc. The management was alright there and the co-workers were not what i expected. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep a smile on my face because i was being bullied there. The most enjoyable part of my job was everything but i enjoyed the front when i put everything in the packaging because it gave me my own time.
Very fun place to work, a good job to begin with.
Little Caesars Employee (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 24, 2013
Pros: food, a good job in general, meeting new people
Cons: decent hours, holding a sign
Little caesars was a fun job. A typical day at work would be holding the little caesers banner for 20-30 minutes, making pizzas from scratch, and many other items like crazy bread. My co-workers were really nice people, and were good at teaching. The hardest part of the job would be cleaning up at the end of the day for example washing the dishes or taking out the garbage. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably being a cashier, it was nice to see people instead of being in the back.
Very productive and a fun atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 30, 2013
Pros: very friendly staff and co-workers, flexible hours.
Cons: not enough shifts.
A very fast pace and exciting job that required many skills including cleaning, cooking, prepping and up-selling customers. The management was very organized and co-workers all got along, engaging ourselves to try and help each other out. The hardest part of the job but also an exciting, learning experience is the ability to learn and do every position in the store. The most enjoyable and exciting part was talking and getting to know customers.
Fun place to work.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 14, 2013
Pros: free 6 inch pizza while working there.
Cons: i didn't have proper transportation so working late nights made it for me to catch my buses.
A typical day at work would be to do sheetouts,dress the pizzas and cook them. Cut pizzas and put in to pizza boxes for customers. Answer phones and cashier, and keep store clean.
I learned how to make pizzas.
The people I worked for were nice and helpful if I needed help.
The hardest part of the job was to make pizzas properly and in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning something new that I have done before.
OK place to work at; could be better
Crew/in training for supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BC, CanadaJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: free expired food at closing, awesome co-workers, radio/ipod dock
Cons: absolutely no breaks, hours vary, owners aren't that nice
I started as crew, and was trained on landing the first day during dinner rush. As it was my first job, I've never experienced anything so fast. Two days go by, and I was trained on cash. That was easy for me, as I'm outgoing and have a people-person attitude. I made sure that whatever I was doing, was to the best of my ability. Then, the shift co-ordinator trained me how to do duties up front, and general cleaning.

The part I hate about working is that your hours go by bread sales. If you don't sell enough bread, you don't get hours. Once the owners noticed my bread sales were 30%>, they stuck me on cash since the day I was trained and 2 weeks after, got "demoted" to 1st (we have 3 registers). It's just over 7 months and I'm still on 1st. I'm absolutely tired of it... doing the SAME thing 5 days a week. Restocking front counter, cleaning lobby, announcing orders. I never got trained on sheetouts/dress because I never work mornings. It's always either 3-4pm to start and 8-11pm end shift.

About almost a month ago, I asked the owners (after the guidance of my supervisor) to apply for the position of closing supervisor, since I never work mornings and I'm used to dinner rush/nights. So, they are training me to become so. There's only 6 of us working there; the assistant manager, supervisor, me, and 3 crew members. And we're all between 16-22 years old.

My co-workers, we've become all close to each other since there's only 6 of us. The owners usually leave between 5 and 7 and there's only 2-3 people on shift depending on the bread sales the week before, so for at least a couple – more... hours, me, the assistant manager and/or supervisor, and IF a crew is there, can chill and talk. There used to be 9 of us, but it's quite easy to lose your job. If you miss 3 shifts, you're gone and there's nothing you can do about it unless you have a doctor's note stating you couldn't work.

I don't see the use of working minimum wage, and working my butt off, even the owners saying I'm their best cashier (in other words, making them the most money on till) to get a .60c raise for closing supervisor, when you do 50% more than what crew does. It's ridiculous.

Mind you, I'm the only girl since I started, and the rest are guys except for the owner's wife who's the only one allowed to do dress unless they're not there and it's either the AM/supervisor only. The owners don't like hiring girls because "apparently they don't have nearly enough work effort/initiative as guys and don't want to get their hands dirty." I'm stuck on 1st cash, and everyone else is doing sheetouts/landing/dishes. It gets boring when it's slow, so we have a cleaning list we have to get done. I finish lobby duties when it's slow in 20 minutes when it should take me around an hour. So I end up doing dishes, pan wipes, or landing until closing duties start at 6:30/7. It's so slow, he's only giving hours to the AM, supervisor, and myself who's in CS training. Our crew only gets 1-3 shifts a week when we get 5-6.

Another thing is that I've never had a break since I started. I'm up on my feet from when I leave my house to when I get back, and that can be between 8-12 hours a day depending on shift. Your back hurts so bad, especially when bending to do dishes. But since you're 1st, you can never sit down for more than a minute without someone walking in.

The owners can be really rude sometimes, and especially when it comes to writing tickets, they can be stingy on how you write them up/how much you charge. If you screw up on one minor thing, they freak out. There's so many people who've quit because they didn't like the way the owners treated them, and I can understand where they are coming from. They're uptight about how much parmesan you use, and even fired someone for using too much (giving out too many parmesan packets/overusing for dressing breadsticks)... that's just ridiculous. We can listen to the radio, and it's pretty loud. It's the only thing that keeps us from slowing down our work, because when you clean/do dishes, you become bored if no one's talking and you're doing something repetitive. So you can focus on something and listen to music.

Overall, it's good for a first job, but don't stay there too long, because our supervisor's worked there for about a year and a half and he's saying that it's too long for him. You can only work there for so long before you can't deal with it anymore. It's too repetitive and the amount of work you put in isn't appreciated. If you just want something part-time to make some extra income, such as a high-school student or college student, you'd have to be a dependant or supported by someone/the government in order to have enough to comfortably live. If you don't, either look for 2 or apply for crew and hope for the best that you're chosen for management. And depending on how good you are at cash, they'll keep you for dinner rush or put you in the morning before shop opens so you don't go on register. – less
fun place to work
supervisor (Former Employee), vancouverDecember 28, 2012
Pros: quite easy work
Cons: job can get tedious with limited menu options
learned a lot about store operations and work was more fun than just work ... team members worked well together and its a fun place to be
Good place for extra spending money
Part-time employee (Former Employee), hendersonDecember 19, 2012
Pros: free food on duty
Cons: not enough hours
This is a good job if you need that little bit extra money nothing major. Management is decent and hours are decent.

About Little Caesars

Little Caesars is a pizza chain, estimated to be the 3rd largest in the United States. The Little Caesars headquarters is located – Read more