Little Caesars

1.9K reviews

Little Caesars Employee Reviews

OK place to work at; could be better
Crew/in training for supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC, CanadaJanuary 16, 2013
I started as crew, and was trained on landing the first day during dinner rush. As it was my first job, I've never experienced anything so fast. Two days go by, and I was trained on cash. That was easy for me, as I'm outgoing and have a people-person attitude. I made sure that whatever I was doing, was to the best of my ability. Then, the shift co-ordinator trained me how to do duties up front, and general cleaning.

The part I hate about working is that your hours go by bread sales. If you don't sell enough bread, you don't get hours. Once the owners noticed my bread sales were 30%>, they stuck me on cash since the day I was trained and 2 weeks after, got "demoted" to 1st (we have 3 registers). It's just over 7 months and I'm still on 1st. I'm absolutely tired of it... doing the SAME thing 5 days a week. Restocking front counter, cleaning lobby, announcing orders. I never got trained on sheetouts/dress because I never work mornings. It's always either 3-4pm to start and 8-11pm end shift.

About almost a month ago, I asked the owners (after the guidance of my supervisor) to apply for the position of closing supervisor, since I never work mornings and I'm used to dinner rush/nights. So, they are training me to become so. There's only 6 of us working there; the assistant manager, supervisor, me, and 3 crew members. And we're all between 16-22 years old.

My co-workers, we've become all close to each other since there's only 6 of us. The owners usually leave between 5 and 7 and there's only 2-3 people on shift depending on the bread sales the week before, so for at least a couple
  more... hours, me, the assistant manager and/or supervisor, and IF a crew is there, can chill and talk. There used to be 9 of us, but it's quite easy to lose your job. If you miss 3 shifts, you're gone and there's nothing you can do about it unless you have a doctor's note stating you couldn't work.

I don't see the use of working minimum wage, and working my butt off, even the owners saying I'm their best cashier (in other words, making them the most money on till) to get a .60c raise for closing supervisor, when you do 50% more than what crew does. It's ridiculous.

Mind you, I'm the only girl since I started, and the rest are guys except for the owner's wife who's the only one allowed to do dress unless they're not there and it's either the AM/supervisor only. The owners don't like hiring girls because "apparently they don't have nearly enough work effort/initiative as guys and don't want to get their hands dirty." I'm stuck on 1st cash, and everyone else is doing sheetouts/landing/dishes. It gets boring when it's slow, so we have a cleaning list we have to get done. I finish lobby duties when it's slow in 20 minutes when it should take me around an hour. So I end up doing dishes, pan wipes, or landing until closing duties start at 6:30/7. It's so slow, he's only giving hours to the AM, supervisor, and myself who's in CS training. Our crew only gets 1-3 shifts a week when we get 5-6.

Another thing is that I've never had a break since I started. I'm up on my feet from when I leave my house to when I get back, and that can be between 8-12 hours a day depending on shift. Your back hurts so bad, especially when bending to do dishes. But since you're 1st, you can never sit down for more than a minute without someone walking in.

The owners can be really rude sometimes, and especially when it comes to writing tickets, they can be stingy on how you write them up/how much you charge. If you screw up on one minor thing, they freak out. There's so many people who've quit because they didn't like the way the owners treated them, and I can understand where they are coming from. They're uptight about how much parmesan you use, and even fired someone for using too much (giving out too many parmesan packets/overusing for dressing breadsticks)... that's just ridiculous. We can listen to the radio, and it's pretty loud. It's the only thing that keeps us from slowing down our work, because when you clean/do dishes, you become bored if no one's talking and you're doing something repetitive. So you can focus on something and listen to music.

Overall, it's good for a first job, but don't stay there too long, because our supervisor's worked there for about a year and a half and he's saying that it's too long for him. You can only work there for so long before you can't deal with it anymore. It's too repetitive and the amount of work you put in isn't appreciated. If you just want something part-time to make some extra income, such as a high-school student or college student, you'd have to be a dependant or supported by someone/the government in order to have enough to comfortably live. If you don't, either look for 2 or apply for crew and hope for the best that you're chosen for management. And depending on how good you are at cash, they'll keep you for dinner rush or put you in the morning before shop opens so you don't go on register.
Pros
free expired food at closing, awesome co-workers, radio/ipod dock
Cons
absolutely no breaks, hours vary, owners aren't that nice
Day at Little Caesars
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ONMarch 2, 2014
I typical start to my closing shift consists of me signing in to my cash register. I make sure before I start that my til balances to $150. After I sign in, I make sure all of my stations are ready for what is called dinner rush. I stock the appropriate products, our Hot-N-Ready food, and prep made pizza's and bread. After our dinner rush, I'm usually alone. My duties as a closer are: clean and sanitize every possible station in the front and back of the store, sweep and mop the entire store, count the safe and every register, waste products according to our half hour policy, finish any dishes leftover from dinner rush, prep and make a list of what still needs to be prepped for the opener the following day. I would rate my management team with a 7. They are very helpful. As well as other co-workers. I would rate my co-workers as a 8. My current team knows exactly what they need to do, and it helps very much with keeping calm during busy circumstances. I would say the hardest part of my job is the "dinner rushes" we get. I've learned that you cannot predict how many people will buy pizzas. Especially at the same time. You have to have a strong team, to ensure everyone is helped during these times. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I met. Most times are very strict but I like that I'm around people that can joke and laugh but also be serious, we needed. I would also say that my management team specifically makes it easy for me to keep my other part-time job.
Pros
free crazy bread, 40% off products.
Cons
no breaks/lunches, working alone after 7.
my objective as an employee
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ontarioOctober 22, 2014
A team orientated person, I believe my strongest asset is working with others and interacting. The most important thing to me is to keep learning constantly, that is the only way to get the best out of myself. I believe my customer service and my interpersonal skill allows me to perform my best at all times. The most vital part of any business success is meeting the needs of their customer’s, clients etc because they are the driving force of any company. Due to this realization, I have made customer service my strongest asset, I want to be able to meet the need of a customer by all means so the company will have a great customer loyalty. I am able to work efficiently under pressure due to my previous job experiences which is another quality which keeps me motivated with any given task. I express great problem solving skills, where i am able to analyze a certain problem, with understanding to form recommendations to solve the specific problem or provide insightful suggestions. As a business student i have learnt how to negotiate with people which will be a valuable asset for any company as an employee. I am able to influence to the point of mutual agreement due to my communication and sales skills. Hence, I am an individual open to challenges to meet the needs of an organization and the desire to learn.
Pros
love interacting with people
Cons
long hours, tiredness
Extraordinary Work Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roblin, MBFebruary 9, 2014
Little Caesars has to date been the best job I've ever found myself working at. Excellent hours, great people, and happy customers. I always leave a shift at Little Caesars with a smile on my face. No matter who I work with, we're always laughing and having fun. I've learned more than I could imagine thanks to Little Caesars. I've learned excellent customer service skills, how to put others in front of yourself, and how to make the most of any moment possible. I have the greatest managers that anyone could ask for. So nice, smart, motivated, and overall really caring people, basically like a family. The hardest part of my job would be finishing the shift. I know it feels nice to finally complete that long shift but at the same time it makes me sad that I am not still there working myself to death. The most enjoyable part of work is arriving there. I love walking into the workplace and being greeted by my wonderful coworkers and then helping them with what they need when they need it most.
Pros
working with coworkers, learning new skills, improving the person i am as a whole.
Cons
leaving work after completing a shift.
Well maintained food establishment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 7, 2015
My typical day at little caesars involved a lot of cleaning, which involves pulling out all of the tables in this establishment, sweeping and mopping underneath of them, and washing more dishes then you've probably ever seen in your life. This place doesn't have a dishwasher, but at least you know that everything is well scrubbed when it's done by hand. It's fast paced, but fun.

Now the bad: This company has absolutely no structure for new employees, or for their employees in general. I once called the head office of this company to see if they would be able to forward me a copy of their employee standards (uniform policy, body modification policy etc) They have no employee regulations to speak of, and the only policy that they have in regards to employees, is that each franchise must have employees.

Coming from previous jobs that were well structured, with a multitude of training methods and regulations, this place is awfully different.
Pros
free expired pizza
Cons
not enough hours to go around
Fun productive workplace with great people
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Hamilton OntarioApril 5, 2015
A typical day of work starts at 10am. Firstly, I flip the camboros and re-fill what is empty. I check to see if any boxes are in need of folding. Set up the bread station with garlic butter and Parmesan cheese. I stock pops and dips. Dress pizzas according to how busy it is. Ive learned a great deal about customer service and the value of a returning customer. Ive learned that simply asking if they need pops or dips added to their order will usually end in product up selling. Management is friendly and usually reasonable with getting time off when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is always moving and being able to find something to do during slow times, for the most part the shift goes by quickly. The less enjoyable or hardest part of the job would be dealing with some of the high school students during their lunch hour. Its a friendly up beat work place, and coworkers are energetic and fun to work with.
Questionable work distribution with a fun environment.
Opener and Closer (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 27, 2015
A typical day is dealing with a lot of people in quick volumes for a short amount of time. However the problem with this is that the people who are hired sometimes don't understand the seriousness of the workplace which causes unequal distribution of labor to become a problem during rushes and other critical moments. The hardest part of the job would be to understand the difference among the people you will be working with and serving; some you can develop long last relationships with while others are great people outside of work; and not so great inside the job place. Overall the experience here was a good one; the pay is on the lower side (minimum) however; good memories were made and extremely flexible scheduling is a bonus of working for this company.
Pros
Very easy job during slower hours on weekends.
Cons
Very young workforce; hours can be a little daunting.
Slightly productive workplace with workplace drama
member of the staff (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be to do anything/everything anyone else asked me to do. I worked mostly in back, making sure the store had enough inventory to make it through the day. I also had to put a lot of the inventory away which required a lot of heavy lifting on my part. I also cleaned machines and various stations in the store, answered phones, and dealt with customers. Management was tedious at times, one manager would say or do something and the other would have something different to say. It was confusing at times, and I did ask a lot of questions before I did anything. I learned how to deal with many types of people, both with the staff and with customers, and I left there on good terms. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the workplace drama itself, not with the actual job. The job was repetitive and easy going for the most part.
A decent first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. My coworkers were all very friendly and my work days went by in a flash because of it. Typically, I'd come in, count my till for my day at the register, serve customers quickly and with a smile and when not doing that, tidying up my own station and the general areas of the store.

My manager, while questionable in their attitude towards their employees, was always making sure that the customer left happy.

The hardest part of the job would have to be that some people just cannot be pleased. They expect the world out of you and on the busiest of days, it's just not possible to satisfy everyone. Through it all you have to be apologetic and humble.

The most enjoyable part would be that I truly enjoyed serving others who appreciate the convenience of a ready-made pizza and the quality of service from the staff.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Questionable management
Very enthusiastic work environment and everyone worked together as one.
Advertiser & Promotion (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONNovember 30, 2014
A typical day at work was essentially, standing outside with sign to attract customers to their promotional offers. some days though, i would work inside, whether it would be cleaning or slicing vegetables, or stocking shelves. The management was fantastic, she understood everyone's problems, and she was very helpful when we needed her to assist us. I think the hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time in the scorching heat but i endured through without complaining. The most enjoyable would have to be working inside with everyone, everyone was so lively and happy while working and it lightened the mood up a lot.
Pros
great team effort put into all work, no one was excluded, everyone was helpful to one another
Cons
long hours, standing for long periods of time

Want to know more about Little Caesars?

Ask a question
A very friendly workplace. It felt like being around family.
Team Leader / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONNovember 7, 2015
The work ethic at Little Caesars was very uplifting. There was an appropriate level of professionalism, balanced with friendliness and humor.
Everyone seemed as if we were all a part of one big family. There were laughs, good memories, and the tasks at hand were done on time and accurately.
The hardest part of the job would probably be finding a level head during rush hours on a busy day, but such is expected within the food service industry.
It felt like home away from home, and you could earn a cozy living there as well.
There was much room for advancement if you showed proper initiative, and the management staff were very down to earth and understanding.
Pros
Being able to eat pizza all the time. A stress free environment.
Cons
It's the food service industry, not every day ends up perfect.
Poor management but good learning experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 3, 2015
I was provided with barely any training, although I managed to learn from the other employees and perform my duties more than admirably.

In a typical day I would use the cash register to sell the customers their pizza, tend to the ovens, dress the pizzas, make the dough, make the sauce, clean the dishes, and clean the floors.

I went through 3 different managers during my time with Little Caesar's, the last one would lie about hours (saying I would be staying only 30 more minutes multiple times) and not allow me to use the restroom even when there were no customers in the store. This was the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was interacting with the customers and creating an appetizing looking pizza.
productive and fun place to work
Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 21, 2013
a typical day at work from my previous job experience would have to be a fun filled day with laughs and enjoyable banter.But theres also a task that needs to be met and me as a leader have to have my team know the difference between work and play ive learnt that in life theres decisions and choices its either you make a bad decision and learn from it or stick with the choice you have made and move on.I have met challenges and overcame them ive met deadlines and reached them i believe in hard work pays off and i dont expect the people i work with to think less than that cause if they do that makes me work 1000 times harder i love to work and if given the opportunity i would never let my employer down.
Pros
good people
Cons
more money
My favourite job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 9, 2015
Little Caesars was 100% my favourite job. It was relaxing but also fast paced. Even though we switched managers a fair amount I can definitely say that I met a lot of great ones. And maybe one or two bad ones. I got along fairly well with my co workers which is definitely something you want in a job. Typical day really all depended on what station I was put on. Whether it be Sheetouts, or Sauce and Cheese, or Cash. Hardest part of the job was when we would have a special. That's when everything was very stressful. Most enjoyable part was honestly working with the people that I did. I learned a lot of things working there. Cash handling, food prep, cleanliness. It was a very wonderful job.
Pros
Wonderful Co workers and Great experiences
Cons
Varied hours
Friendly and safe environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cole HarbourFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day at work includes costumer service, cleaning, money management, food preparation, working with large ovens working with others as well as task that only need one person
As this was my first job I feel that I have learned a lot about responsibility over the last two years.
Overall the management is good, very friendly people
Most of my Co-workers are around my same age (19) so it was a very fun and positive and convertible environment for me to work in.
The hardest part is dealing with costumers
The most enjoyable part is coming to work to see smiles on you co-workers faces and work with many friendly people
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
hours avail per week sometimes limited
Entertaining work doing something I loved
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Whitby OntarioMay 29, 2012
Typically I would be opening, or closing the store five or 6 days a week. Daily I would take part in the preparation, and serving of the food. As well I would maintain the cleansliness of the restaurant both at my station and in general. Every Thursday I would unload and organize the invenotry of the next week. Little Caesars taught me how a small restaurant is run, and since the dough and sauce is handmade my talent for food preparation also improved. I loved this job because it was doing something that I enjoy, for a company I have always admired and respected and while sometimes hours would be long and breaks would be few there was not much reason to complain.
Productive and a fun workplace
Every position besides manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2015
A typical day working at Little Ceasar's was easy and enjoyable. I learned every position there except for the manager. The management was great. They were always organized and clean. I got a long very well with my co-workers. We all were able to accomplish tasks while enjoying talking with one another. The hardest part of the job was communication. I was able to communicate very well but others did not. It created a few mix ups here and there but I always did my part of making sure they understood that communicating is very crucial. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get along with co-workers so well.
Pros
Learning most positions
Cons
No breaks
Good for my first job
Shakerboarder, Kitchen Aid (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MBJanuary 16, 2014
When I first started at Little Caesars, I was the girl who stood on the corner waving a giant sign all day. The temperatures would get rough sometimes, but I was allowed to come inside whenever it got too cold. When I finished my first 6 month period, I was moved and trained to work inside the kitchen. I would complete various tasks such as washing dishes, making and preparing pizza, cutting pizza, and cleaning up around the kitchen. My manager was nice enough, and I got along with my co-workers okay. I didn't find anything required of me rather hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work efficiently.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
atmosphere of the workplace
Great place to work with a great staff
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 26, 2015
I loved working here and the staff was great. The work can be repetitive, but I don't have a problem with that. When other coworkers couldn't make it, their stations had to be covered by workers at other stations. These stations include dish washing, making and weighing the dough, stretching the dough, cutting the pizza, dressing the pizza, etc. This would make work less repetitive, but could be stressful. This was my first job and I absolutely loved it, however, it wasn't very secure because they ran out of hours to give.
Pros
fun, great staff, sometimes free food.
Cons
working multiple stations when coworkers can't come in
Very fun place to work, a good job to begin with.
Little Caesars Employee (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 24, 2013
Little caesars was a fun job. A typical day at work would be holding the little caesers banner for 20-30 minutes, making pizzas from scratch, and many other items like crazy bread. My co-workers were really nice people, and were good at teaching. The hardest part of the job would be cleaning up at the end of the day for example washing the dishes or taking out the garbage. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably being a cashier, it was nice to see people instead of being in the back.
Pros
food, a good job in general, meeting new people
Cons
decent hours, holding a sign