Little Caesars Employee Reviews in Canada

not a good place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 30, 2015
The owners/store managers at the location( main street location) did not seem to know what they were doing. They promoted 4 people to be shift managers, myself included, as a way to pass the blame for their mistakes onto someone else. If you had an issue with a fellow co-worker it either never got resolved or took up to a month to get resolved. There were constant health and safety rules be broken. They start off treating their employees like family so you feel obligated to do whatever they ask.
Pros
Free meals, quick advancement
Cons
not enough hours, poor management
A very friendly workplace. It felt like being around family.
Team Leader / Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONNovember 7, 2015
The work ethic at Little Caesars was very uplifting. There was an appropriate level of professionalism, balanced with friendliness and humor.
Everyone seemed as if we were all a part of one big family. There were laughs, good memories, and the tasks at hand were done on time and accurately.
The hardest part of the job would probably be finding a level head during rush hours on a busy day, but such is expected within the food service industry.
It felt like home away from home, and you could earn a cozy living there as well.
There was much room for advancement if you showed proper initiative, and the management staff were very down to earth and understanding.
Pros
Being able to eat pizza all the time. A stress free environment.
Cons
It's the food service industry, not every day ends up perfect.
life experience
Cashier, Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMarch 28, 2016
Through working at Little Caesars i learned to work independently and as a team. I learned to handle cash duties in which i was previously always nervous about. My management at Little Caesars treated me with a great amount of respect and made my time wonderful. My co-workers played a huge part in my time at this work place because they were very cheerful and encouraging. The hardest part of my job was to over-come cash because i was frightened about counting the money and dealing with different types of people. The most enjoyable part of my job was to make the customers happy!
Pros
cash, customers, co-workers, work environment, flexibility, work hours
Cons
no breaks
A decent first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. My coworkers were all very friendly and my work days went by in a flash because of it. Typically, I'd come in, count my till for my day at the register, serve customers quickly and with a smile and when not doing that, tidying up my own station and the general areas of the store.

My manager, while questionable in their attitude towards their employees, was always making sure that the customer left happy.

The hardest part of the job would have to be that some people just cannot be pleased. They expect the world out of you and on the busiest of days, it's just not possible to satisfy everyone. Through it all you have to be apologetic and humble.

The most enjoyable part would be that I truly enjoyed serving others who appreciate the convenience of a ready-made pizza and the quality of service from the staff.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Questionable management
Loved my co-workers
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONFebruary 7, 2016
I love the speed, it was always busy days so I wouldn't be stuck doing nothing during my hours. I learned how to dress pizza, cut pizza, cut breads, dress breads, etc at an extreme pace. All my co-workers were always fun, always happy, we all shared snacks during breaks. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was working on a super busy day with a trainee, because we'd have to move back and fourth from a station and train at the same time. My favorite station at that job was landing. Landing is when you box/cut pizzas, and pack breads, dress the breads, and put them in the correct warmers. I was very very fast at that.
Pros
always fun
Cons
very short hours
Excellent customer services and very tidy.
Supervisor Trainee / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 29, 2016
Surely enjoyed my services to customers and most of all give them the satisfaction what they need, and most of all what I can add to their order. A very well run and go kind of atmosphere and employees are very good workers, a place you can call team work. Over all, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Hot and Ready Pizza is always fresh, great employees, and benefits.
Cons
low wage
Great people, not so great hours, frustrating schedule
part-time worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 2, 2016
My experience here was not the best. I loved the people that I worked with, but the hours were not great. This is because they only gave me 3 hours a week, which is the bare minimum. On the day they are supposed to have the schedule for the next week ready (Sunday nights) they did not give me my hours until mid week of that current week. I only ever worked on Friday afternoons, from 4-7, which I wasn't very fond of and the total commute that it took me to get to work and to get home is an hour and twenty minutes (forty minutes there, forty minutes home), so it wasn't worth it . When I asked them for more hours, they looked like they took what I said into consideration, but I still only got 3 hours a week on average, maximum was 6.
Fun workplace, co-workers are lazy
Pizza cook, dresser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 28, 2016
Little Caesars is a fun place to work. The management is friendly and caring of the employees. However some employees are lazy and frequently sitting down not helping other co-workers. As a result of this co-workers get into arguments frequently.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
co-workers
part-timer
Team member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2016
best thing in working at little Caesars is the interaction with the customers and providing them finest service on time.
Pros
only employee discount on pizza
Cons
no job security
decent job
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 16, 2016
good workplace for a first job although not many hours were received nor benefits. Friendly staff members along with a good work environment.
Pros
free pizza
Cons
not many hours
Stepping stone
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
Little Caeser's was a job for me while I was in school. It was a good job at the time, the manager was willing to work around my schooling, but the salary was low, there was no full-time work so I never got benefits. I entered that job as a basic CSR and advanced into a Key Holder. During my shifts I was responsible for handling the staff, cashing handling, helping customers as well as cooking the food products. If that job taught me anything it would be multi-tasking.
Pros
Felxable Hours
Cons
Low wages
Sometimes boring, sometimes fun
Service Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2015
A work place lives and breathes in customer-to-worker communication. There are a few crew members but they are as hardworking and fun. Management is also supportive and sometimes lifts up the gloom and pressure in the work place with some sense of humor. It gets boring sometimes when there are not much customers coming in, but it gets stressful when there are a lot of them.
Pros
Break times are plentiful, management is very supportive, sense of humor even when in stressful times
Cons
Long, boring hours when there are no customers, almost minimum wage
Productive and a fun workplace
Every position besides manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2015
A typical day working at Little Ceasar's was easy and enjoyable. I learned every position there except for the manager. The management was great. They were always organized and clean. I got a long very well with my co-workers. We all were able to accomplish tasks while enjoying talking with one another. The hardest part of the job was communication. I was able to communicate very well but others did not. It created a few mix ups here and there but I always did my part of making sure they understood that communicating is very crucial. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get along with co-workers so well.
Pros
Learning most positions
Cons
No breaks
Fast Paced Workplace
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaDecember 1, 2015
This is definitely not a place to work if you are looking for a good benefits plan and good pay. Apart from Canadian work experience, I can't see any good taken from employment at Little Caesar's.
Pros
Gained work experience
Cons
Low pay, long work hours
excellent team
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 16, 2016
Little caesar's offers a lot of opportunities for growth. If you are hardworking and eager to learn new things, you would surely want to work here. This is exactly what happened with me.
I started as a Customer Service Representative, moved up to become a shift runner and subsequently an Assistant Branch Manager in a very short span.
great place to start work from high school.
Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 5, 2016
Pretty simple tasks day to day
management was ok, scheduling was messy (only got 6 hours a week)
co workers were fun and easy to work with, made it enjoyable
hardest part of the job was remembering some combinations and the prices for deliveries
most enjoyable was the atmosphere, busy at times but relatively relaxed
fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
you will work like a dog, do not pay your overtime and ,holiday. used your personal car for their business. They want just money they don't value the employee. you don't have the right to say no when they ask you to work. you will have to work even though if you're very sick because its no work no pay, no sick leave.
Pros
no free
Cons
long hour
Very enthusiastic work environment and everyone worked together as one.
Advertiser & Promotion (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONNovember 30, 2014
A typical day at work was essentially, standing outside with sign to attract customers to their promotional offers. some days though, i would work inside, whether it would be cleaning or slicing vegetables, or stocking shelves. The management was fantastic, she understood everyone's problems, and she was very helpful when we needed her to assist us. I think the hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time in the scorching heat but i endured through without complaining. The most enjoyable would have to be working inside with everyone, everyone was so lively and happy while working and it lightened the mood up a lot.
Pros
great team effort put into all work, no one was excluded, everyone was helpful to one another
Cons
long hours, standing for long periods of time
Fast paced, hard working environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 12, 2015
Everyday I walked into work, I was greeted with friendly faces and warming welcomes. I learned a lot from working at Little Ceasar's. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment where I would have to do different tasks at once. I learned how to manage the cash register and deal with customers of all types. The coworkers were overall really kind and helpful. If one employee was stuck, they would immediately help out on the job. The hardest part of the job was when there would be one or two people at landing (getting the pizzas out of the oven) and a lot of people come in at once. Sometimes it would slow down and customers would get frustrated but as a member of Little Ceasar's, you just keep trying to do your job and try to satisfy the customers as best as you can. I really enjoyed working as a team with my coworkers, and being able to communicate with customers on a day-to-day basis as a cashier, and facing new challenges everyday.
Pros
Being able to communicate with customers everyday.
Cons
Friday nights, with a lot of customers coming in at once.
Fun, fast paced work, always made my days go by quick
Opener - Key holder (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
Great people to work with, the job keeps you naturally busy and on your toes when your alone. Learned to plan out my day well in advanced, because if you didn't plan ahead, you fell behind quickly
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
Lost F/T status due to newer management