Little Burgundy Employee Reviews

Bonne entreprise, bonne ambiance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2017
Très bonne expérience. Il faut travailler dur pour y arriver
Pros
L'ambiance
Cons
Le salaire
Great environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
I love working at little burgundy, because i've always had a passion for retail. Everyone i work with is great, and they provide a safe and fun environment to be around and work in. I have learned a lot, and I very much enjoy my part in being a sales associate.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
Slow business after christmas
Little Burgundy; My experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
The best job I have worked at is Little Burgundy. It was mainly about customer service and making sales, which I liked. A day at work would go by very quickly because the time would pass so fast you are always busy doing something; selling, cleaning, organizing and handling shipments. I am a type of person who likes to be busy. This job experience taught me a lot of different ways to sell merchandise, and how to use a sale pitch. The management was amazing and always made sure me and the other co-workers worked as a team, we all had good respect for each other. There wasn't really a hard part of this job, everything was always under control and organized in a systematic way. The most fun part of this job was customers letting you give your opinions on what was most suitable and achieving customer satisfactory with your right judgement.
Pros
Positive vibes
Cons
Quiet days
Customer Service in Little Burgundy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 August 2016
A typical day at work will be helping customers getting their best experience in the store by providing the best customer service.

I learned that customer service is very important to any company in able to achieve customer satisfaction.

The management and my co-workers are awesome! We look out for each other and we play our roles in order to achieve our goals.

The hardest part of the job is expecting to get the sale.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working around energetic and cheerful co-workers, creating a bond with customers, and seeing customer leaves the store with satisfaction and smile on their faces.
Pros
Lunch break and discounts
Cons
Short Hours
Great part-time job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 June 2016
A warm and welcoming working environment that allows you to gain quality retail experience while improving your social, communication and sales skills daily.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Mostly working weekends
fun & shoes!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2016
created all visuals for in store visual merchandising. Worked at head office in a full size "store" showroom. Travelled for store visits across Canada and the US.
Fun places to work
Stock Coordinator\Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2015
The discount you get is pretty good
The culture, my district manager, did not fairly handle things pretty well
and the fashion sense you learn alone the way
fun job great discount
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB12 October 2014
Un-pack shoes
Learned to be organized
Management is good hardworking and fun loving people
Co-workers are great always a fun time
The hardest part is putting away boots
The most enjoyable part is the people I worked with and the %50 discount
Energetic and fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario25 September 2014
• Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry
• Mentor and motivate a team of 14 to increase sales and ensure efficiency
• Educate staff and customers on various carried brands through product knowledge
• Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales volumes to maximize profits
• Attended district management meetings to discuss opinions regarding market trends, upcoming promotions, loss prevention strategies, etc.
• Maintain strong knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Merchandise window and in-store displays to promote and maximize sales to its full potential
• Recommend, select, and help locate merchandise based on customers’ needs and desires
• Handle all customer service issues in a professional and concise manner
awful management, awful pay, lack of organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  vancouver22 May 2014
aldo is without a doubt the worst company i've ever worked for. i worked part time (close to full time hours) and worked hard for full productivity and got no incentives for it and only made minimum wage. the expectations they put on your are solely for appearance.. they dont care about their employees. they tell people to wear more make up on the floor and only hire people based on their style rather than their selling abilities or qualifications. the schedules were never organized, the management team was very unapproachable and the only good thing about this job was the discount.

Want to know more about Little Burgundy?

Ask a question
A productive and trendy fast paced environment
Key Holder/Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK8 January 2014
A typical day at Little Burgundy would consist of:

- Sales analyses for previous day
- Communicating with Head Office about sales goals as well as any promotions
- Coaching all staff on daily sales objectives and personal goals
-Coaching staff on selling techniques and informing them on relevant information on new products
- Dealing with customer service issues
- Adjusting Visual Presentation
- Managing 5-10 employees per day without sacrificing my sales associate position
Pros
Plenty of oppurtunity for growth within the company
Cons
productive nice place to hang around on your breaks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 December 2013
little burgundy had an amazing welcoming team that helped me learn fast on my first day. there isnt really anything hard about this job its very simple and helping people is kind of my specialty
Enjoyable work environment, poor management and staff
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2013
I was tasked with keeping the backroom organized from shoe type(shoe, sandal, boot) down to shoe size, as well as shipping special orders and recalls, and receiving new product. I did not have to deal with customers, however the staff were very disrespectful or my efforts to keep the room organized and while the manager was extremely nice, she was ineffective in dealing with the staff. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after the staff, however I was able to wear headphones and listen to music all day.
Pros
Listen to music all day, no customers
Cons
Had to clean up after staff, staff disrespectful
Great Co-workers, Great product
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2013
I have really enjoyed my time at Little Burgundy thus far but i believe it is time to explore other retailers to see what exactly I enjoy. I am an assistant Manager so I balanced employees, scheduling, objectives and store visual presentation.