Little Burgundy Employee Reviews

Unreasonable management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
extremely unreasonable management who are unwilling to see someone elses opinion or act as a mature adult. Extremely passive aggressive rather than discussing issues and being straight forward. does not encourage new ideas or respond well to new employees.
Productive and friendly work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Little Burgundy's work environment is very positive and friendly. We are only 6 people that work in the store and it is pretty much like a family. Being productive and reaching our daily goals is our daily motivation and challenge.
a good bunch of people to work with but....
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 August 2017
i have worked in this area of work for the past 5 years and when I started @ Aldo Robson it was great and then after being let go for not fitting Aldo after 4 years (yeah that what I got told) and now coming back to Little Burgundy has been good but there are just some people who just don't get it or want to give a care in the world. so pretty much I'm saying i', at that point where I want to be paid a lot more than I'am now and don't want to deal with all these people anymore...
Pros
great deal on shoes
Cons
staff are very lazy
Bonne entreprise, bonne ambiance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2017
Très bonne expérience. Il faut travailler dur pour y arriver
Pros
L'ambiance
Cons
Le salaire
not very professional
Assistant manager/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 March 2017
after 1 month of starting as the assistant manager, i was making more sales than the sales lead employee, the manager of the store is not very good at managing and keeping the business at this top performance
Pros
employee discount on shoes
Cons
very bad management, employees that dont fit in to the job
Great environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
I love working at little burgundy, because i've always had a passion for retail. Everyone i work with is great, and they provide a safe and fun environment to be around and work in. I have learned a lot, and I very much enjoy my part in being a sales associate.
Pros
40% off discount
Cons
Slow business after christmas
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eaton Center Toronto22 February 2017
Friendly and approachable environment to excel in communication skills.

Create daily goals for sales associates;
update District managers on sales to budge;
cash customers out at Point of sales, whilst teaching them on shoe care, and up-selling;
responsible for daily deposits.
Pros
long hours, good management
Cons
Eaton centre is open 364 days a year.
productive, fun,
customer service
cash handling
great learning experience
easy to learn
taught me a lot of valuable skills
Pros
we have fun doing it
Cons
sometimes business is slow
Little Burgundy; My experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
The best job I have worked at is Little Burgundy. It was mainly about customer service and making sales, which I liked. A day at work would go by very quickly because the time would pass so fast you are always busy doing something; selling, cleaning, organizing and handling shipments. I am a type of person who likes to be busy. This job experience taught me a lot of different ways to sell merchandise, and how to use a sale pitch. The management was amazing and always made sure me and the other co-workers worked as a team, we all had good respect for each other. There wasn't really a hard part of this job, everything was always under control and organized in a systematic way. The most fun part of this job was customers letting you give your opinions on what was most suitable and achieving customer satisfactory with your right judgement.
Pros
Positive vibes
Cons
Quiet days
Gret place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Amazing work environment. My managers were always nice to me and pushed me to do better. I loved working there, I learned a lot when it came to product knowledge and I actually networked with many people just by being a sales associate.
Pros
Good people, good vibes.
Cons
Busy
Environnement de travail et relations entre collègues
Vendeur/Conseiller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2017
J'ai adoré certains aspects de mon expérience chez Little Burgundy, la clientèle adorable, les produits offerts étaient très tendances et dans mes cordes. Cependant les relations professionnel entre les employés étaient tendus et le management manquait beaucoup de jugement .
Everything was okay.
customer service and communication workshops (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Everything was alright, wages were quite low. Hours, however, were alright, most of us had over 40 hours for the summer, which is quite low. Most of us were teenagers.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Low wages
Customer Service in Little Burgundy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 August 2016
A typical day at work will be helping customers getting their best experience in the store by providing the best customer service.

I learned that customer service is very important to any company in able to achieve customer satisfaction.

The management and my co-workers are awesome! We look out for each other and we play our roles in order to achieve our goals.

The hardest part of the job is expecting to get the sale.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working around energetic and cheerful co-workers, creating a bond with customers, and seeing customer leaves the store with satisfaction and smile on their faces.
Pros
Lunch break and discounts
Cons
Short Hours
Great part-time job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 June 2016
A warm and welcoming working environment that allows you to gain quality retail experience while improving your social, communication and sales skills daily.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Mostly working weekends
Productive and fun place to work
Sales leader/ Key holder (Former Employee) –  Chinook, AB18 February 2016
Fun working environment, the staff are all there to help each other and are more of a family than just co workers. The pay rate for an assistant manager are a little low on my opinion, there is always lots of pressure and in my case I felt like i wasn't regarded fairly for the amount of work I did there every shift. However I learned a lot about management, how to deal with staff, problem solving, and it was a growing experience over all.
fun & shoes!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2016
created all visuals for in store visual merchandising. Worked at head office in a full size "store" showroom. Travelled for store visits across Canada and the US.
Fun workplace, good training
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2015
We help find shoes, whether that be in store, at another Little Burgundy Shoes store or ordering it for them. Throughout each day there are certain tasks to be done, like putting out new shoes and products, organizing parts of the store, and cleaning tasks.

The Little Burgundy I work at has an amazing management team. From my manager to the key holders, they're all very approachable and great at giving feedback.

My coworkers are great, never had a problem with any one them. We all get along really well which we were all very pleased about!

The most enjoyable part of the job is first working with the team we have, but also being able to help someone find something that they love and they will use everyday.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not much room for growth.
Fun places to work
Stock Coordinator\Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2015
The discount you get is pretty good
The culture, my district manager, did not fairly handle things pretty well
and the fashion sense you learn alone the way
Rewarding workplace with great coworkers and atmosphere
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2015
I worked at Little Burgundy for so long because I genuinely loved my job. Despite making minimum wage with no commission as a part-timer, I stuck with it and earned the position of sales lead. This included commission but was still conditional. My only complaint about the Aldo groupe is that they do not recognize the value of their staff enough with wages, although the contests and stay gold incentive help somewhat. The job itself was great, very task-oriented and busy without being overly stressful. The team I worked with at the time was FANTASTIC and I made lifelong friends and really felt like I belonged to a family. Since then the staff has completely turned over, but I hope they have the same relationships. The tasks such as setting up visual presentation and organizing inventory were great and well-organized, but the customer service aspect is the most rewarding.
Pros
Great atmosphere, flexible hours, commission possible
Cons
Minimum wage
fun job great discount
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB12 October 2014
Un-pack shoes
Learned to be organized
Management is good hardworking and fun loving people
Co-workers are great always a fun time
The hardest part is putting away boots
The most enjoyable part is the people I worked with and the %50 discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Burgundy. Our community is ready to answer.