The Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government (LMG) is seeking to hire an Executive Director. The successful candidate will support the LMG in meeting its challenges and seizing opportunities, and actively steer the transformation of the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government for the advancement of its community’s interests and priorities.
ROLE AND PURPOSE
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by Chief and Council.
Reporting to the Office of the Chief and Council, the Executive Director will also be responsible for the development of policies and procedures, to support and guide the Band Administrator, the HR Manager and the Directorates in their strategic planning initiatives. The Executive Director will be responsible to identify means and ways to improve the organization’s already existing processes, to develop new ones when necessary and to mobilize and maximize on personnel skills and knowledge.
The Executive Director will also be responsible to promote and ensure effective and efficient communication at all levels of the organization while ensuring council transparency.
As Executive Director you will report to and be guided by the Office of the Chief and you will be responsible for a variety of functions including, but not limited to:
- providing strategic guidance and leadership for the planning, evolution and delivery of common services to the Band Administration, HR Manager, the Directorates and the Information Technology Unit;
- providing leadership support to the Office of the Chief in promoting cooperation, collaboration, planning and fostering effective team work between the Office of the Chief, the directorates and all other departments;
- overseeing the effective and efficient management of the resources and assets of the LMG;
- supporting the Office of the Chief and ensuring that appropriate governance and risk management mechanisms are in place;
- building an organization that will meet current and future needs of its members;
- identification and promotion of other service opportunities;
- liaising with a wide range of stakeholders including municipal, rural and national community administrators, municipal/rural/national councils, provincial and federal government departments and many others.
To be the successful candidate you will possess strong academic credentials having completed a university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a relevant discipline. A minimum of ten years of relevant, progressive experience in public/local government administration with at least five years of experience in a senior managerial capacity involving significant responsibility for human and financial resources is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
A few of the skills and abilities you must possess include, but are not limited to:
- exceptional communication skills at all levels; ability to use tact and diplomacy; as well as the ability to convey ideas and information in a way that brings clarity to the target audience;
- an understanding and a demonstrated application of best practices in change management;
- demonstrated ability to exercise persuasive influence in consultations and negotiations;
- ability to ensure and oversee a high standard of financial management;
- well developed team- and relationship-building skills;
- highly developed problem-solving and strategic thinking skills.
- ability to travel in and out of the country, frequently
Given to Listuguj Mi’gmaq followed by other Mi’gmaq, other First Nation persons and members of the general public
The compensation package for this position will be within a competitive range and commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted until: June 21, 2013
We thank all those who submit an application; only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. For more information about us, visit our website at www.listuguj.ca