Liquidity Services, Inc.

Liquidity Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

A+
Sales and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OH29 April 2016
really good company to work for.. I would go back in a second... great upper management and good benefits. big company with a big heart for its workers
Pros
good pay
Fun Place
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Washuington Dc6 November 2015
It has its own up and downs. The work load is crazy but management is helpful. The location is not convenient to access. The company offers good salary
Dynamic culture only when sales are healthy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC1 October 2015
Can be a very entrepreneurial environment. The constant introduction of products and sales locations encourages great diversity / work responsibilities. The obvious day to day challenges are making sure everyone is equipped to deal with change.
A great place to learn how to interact with people from a multitude of locations and backgrounds.
Pros
Lots of cash in the bank
Cons
Frequent lay-offs, management does not have industry experience
This is a great company to work for! The people are fantastic, and the stress level is very minimal.
Bidder Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN23 September 2015
The workload can be quite heavy at times, but the "team" approach makes it very bearable. I enjoy coming to work and accomplishing the day's goals, and the people with whom I work create an environment that is peaceful.
Pros
great benefit package; monthly lunches
Not interested
Data Center Technician II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC21 September 2015
I'm not interested in providing a review for Liquidity Services at this time. I enjoyed the people I worked with and that is the extent of ,y comments
Driving, delivery and warehouse
Delivery driver and warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, Ca1 September 2015
My day was mainly pick up and delivery. This included loading and unloading, I liked the driving very much. When not driving, I was in the warehouse doing whatever need to be done. I learned to solve problems and work together as a team.

The office management was approachable and supportive.
Pros
good work hours and weekends off.
Cons
Variable lunch times and breaks
Great Team Nasty Managment
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJ27 August 2015
Great Team of people who were poorly treated every which way and consistently undervalued and never truly appreciated. Here at liquidity they always remember mistakes and errors than they do not value achievements or hard work. The Managers there were quite liars. They sold you a dream and made you work for it only to have you taste the cold bowl of disappointment. No matter how much sweat would drench off of us the GM would walk by and not say a word to you unless of course it was to chastise you and degrade your efforts simply because he did not approve of where my pallets were located. Simply two inches to far to the right it seemed. And when there was nothing wrong and the team was flowing it seemed management would give us a break with some pizza yet it got so repetitive that after three months of working there they would simply distract you with pizza to deliver the bad news with a bit less of a shock. What do you worry about when your boss just orders everyone cheap pizza, who cares if they cut our hours again. They know how to upset you. I should of realized this wasn't the place for me after the 12th temp that came in walked out on his first day. But I tried because boy they can sell you a dream. Since I've been there I have seen 6 employees leave and more than 60 temps come and go but by their own means I doubt the company would of let go of so many during prime time. Maybe its management? When I was officially hired they offered me a lead position and boy did I feel good but 5 months in I realized no raise no official promotion they are full of sh1t and I left. Horrid  more... company and HR is a joke.  less
Pros
Eventually you can go home
Cons
Read above
Great team to work with
Email Marketing Specialist - Contracted (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC6 August 2015
Everyone at this company was friendly and very helpful. Everyone is passionate about the mission and goals. Never experienced a bad day while working there!
working environment is good; time not flexible
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC11 May 2015
not too much advancement. co-workers are friendly. work/family life not balanced. Company losing some key customer and make people work more with a lot of stress
Pros
pingpong table
Cons
no flexible work time
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Marketing Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC20 April 2015
The culture is fast-paced and allows me to work on multiple projects at a time in many different areas. Being a part of this culture allows me to adapt quickly to changes and learn multiple skill sets that enable me to grow in my career.
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TX25 March 2015
Great place to work, good balance between work and family
some travel and some training of junior engineers, also stay current in personal training
Child Care Facility
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC18 February 2015
I enjoyed working with the children and staff, in a safe environment. The location was in a busy and loving place in Alexandria Virginia.
Great Office, fun working if not for incompetent parts of company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CA29 January 2015
Always had fun working with everyone in the office. Cross trained jobs and office ended up being one of the best in the country despite size. Was fun letting my bosses take credit for all our hard work since our communication was so great. Plus they were always quick to let us know how much they appreciated us. Local management always did the best they could for any situation, even safety.

Sadly, upper management (not the Area heads) were somewhat rigid in investing in something they didn't have a focus group for.

Was forced, despite repeated concerns, to have basically a half eaten bicycle seat on my Forklift for well over a year. Only got fixed when the forklift died. Meaning not.

Any incident reports to the safety department were determined to be your fault even if the issue was explicitly not an at-fault incident. If your name was on the top of the paper reporting it, you were at fault.

In fact, over the course of my time I began to realize the Safety Department was unable to comprehend any safety reports nor was willing to learn much about safety. If not for my love for everyone in the Operations and parts of Middle Management, I'd dare say any lesser person would have sued.
Pros
Awesome Management and Area Management. Great coworkers. Customers always fun.
Cons
Safety Department dangerously incompetent, slow to adjust
Productive and Goal Oriented
Financial Data Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC12 January 2015
Organized goals to meet within specific time limits. Learned how to use SQL. The hardest part was long hours of sitting down and enjoyable part was working with fun co-workers who know how to crack jokes and get the job done at the same time. Our boss was focused on production and we achieved our goals under less supervision.
Pros
Free Coffee
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
SWING REACH OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX6 January 2015
SAFETY, GREAT SUPERVISOR, STEADY PASTE JOB,LEARNED HOW TO DO BLACKTOP, CONCRETE, THERE WAS NOTHING HARD ABOUT THE JOB LOVE A MANLY JOB. CO WORKERS WAS GREAT TO WORK WITH .
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
NONE
learned alot here
B2C-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Garland, TX12 November 2014
I learned so much from this job and my coworkers. All our customers are great and the one who were not happy when they called are always happy when the call ends. My team and my supervisors are great , I will miss them very much. The hardest part is when we are unable to assist a buyer because to much time has passed. I really feel bad when I can not resolve an issue for a customer. Close to home and the hours are great.
Pros
graet hours
Cons
the call center is movng
Lack of vision
Employee (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ11 November 2014
Not the same company it was three years. Employees were treated with respect and as valuable assets. That culture is no longer the case anymore. Current CIO is a arrogant person that lacks leadership. Company does have great medical benefits and pays market value wages.
Enjoyed my time but corporate strategy in a state of change.
Client Services (Former Employee) –  United States23 October 2014
I was not part of the new direction and was laid off on Oct 2014.
Most employees are great to work with
PC Repair Technician II (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN2 October 2014
really no ware to advance, main corporation only thinks in numbers.
I love the customers and concept of this company!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ1 October 2014
Answering phones,emails, chat, payments for online auction company for multiple websites. But no team morale, due to poor management. The people with the good skills and experience are not the ones that advance. Too much nepotism! There are some great people in other departments that help make this a good place to work! Training varies. Depends on who you get.
Pros
Great medical benefits for employees and children!
Cons
Poor management and too much nepotism!

2.9