Liquidity Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Cant recall its been a while
Pit-Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN15 September 2017
its been over a year i cant really recall. I dont want to say to much since its been so long ago. I recall they had us load customer trucks outside in the dead of winter while driving forklifts in the snow. Not safe or fun. No heat in the building.
Pros
meh
Cons
a few
Laid back work environment
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, IN29 August 2017
Liquidity Services is an enjoyable, laid back place to work. It can be fast paced and hectic, but management is easy to work for, and look for opportunities to assist you in your job functions.
Pros
Productive environment, easy to work with supervisors
Cons
Low pay, not much room for advancement
Easy Come, Easy Go
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ28 August 2017
Great company to work for. Management was very easy to get a long with. Can always email any of C-Level Management with concerns, without feeling out of place. Good work-life balance.
A good experience
Warehouse Associate/ Quality control auditor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TX23 August 2017
Keeping up with production numbers is pretty easy to do, you learn how to reset different electronics, and that comes in handy even in your personal life. Management was okay and the atmosphere was a mixture of ages and cultures. I was still considered a team player until I decided I wanted to learn how to operate a forklift and the manager was opposed to it.
No Balance
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 August 2017
No down time
Overworked
When someone was let go or fired work was just spread-out with who was left
spent to much money developing new program when money could be used to hire someone
Awful Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN13 July 2017
Employees treat each other bad. There is no teamwork and so many issues to deal with but management is too focused on production to care about any of them.
Little work life balance
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN25 February 2017
This site is unable to keep a general manager. No Equality in pay among male and female employees with the same job title. Lots of overtime for salaried employees.
Pros
Great stock benefits
Cons
No balance with work/life
Fun for awhile
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, IN16 February 2017
It was great initially but the newness has worn off. Lots of turnover in leadership. Not sure what the long-term goal is and lots of political infighting with what direction to go.
Good place to work, great place to get great work experience and training.
SITE WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Malmstrom AFB, MT6 January 2017
reviewing a daily schedule, load outs, invoicing, inventory management, delivery orders, verifying counts, emails,verifying load outs, loading customers, MHE checklist, warehouse management and organization and housekeeping, maintaining safety procedures, driving forklift and front end loader, office and clerical duties.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Contractor/ job could end at anytime no questions ask.
Great Place to Work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GA4 January 2017
I loved working for Government Liquidation (subsidiary of Liquidity Services). The company lost a large contract and I was laid off. It was a great place to work.
Pros
work environment
Cons
poor management
Not your typical friendly company
Line Loader (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN29 December 2016
This had to be the worst job i had since i been working, its not all about the work but its more so the Management . Supervisor are not very good leaders and i just had bad experience working for there company
Good people, fun work place, enjoyed driving Forklifts
Warehouse Worker/Scrap (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OH18 October 2016
A typical day at work is, Checking for load out or Unloads for the day filling out forklift safety sheets, and start with the day. I learned different types of metals, how to deal with clients in a positive way. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with good people, and deal with different clients
Pros
the clients, and people i work with
Cons
Got layoff
A+
Sales and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OH29 April 2016
really good company to work for.. I would go back in a second... great upper management and good benefits. big company with a big heart for its workers
Pros
good pay
Fun Place
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Washuington Dc6 November 2015
It has its own up and downs. The work load is crazy but management is helpful. The location is not convenient to access. The company offers good salary
Dynamic culture only when sales are healthy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC1 October 2015
Can be a very entrepreneurial environment. The constant introduction of products and sales locations encourages great diversity / work responsibilities. The obvious day to day challenges are making sure everyone is equipped to deal with change.
A great place to learn how to interact with people from a multitude of locations and backgrounds.
Pros
Lots of cash in the bank
Cons
Frequent lay-offs, management does not have industry experience
This is a great company to work for! The people are fantastic, and the stress level is very minimal.
Bidder Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN23 September 2015
The workload can be quite heavy at times, but the "team" approach makes it very bearable. I enjoy coming to work and accomplishing the day's goals, and the people with whom I work create an environment that is peaceful.
Pros
great benefit package; monthly lunches
Not interested
Data Center Technician II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC21 September 2015
I'm not interested in providing a review for Liquidity Services at this time. I enjoyed the people I worked with and that is the extent of ,y comments
Driving, delivery and warehouse
Delivery driver and warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, Ca1 September 2015
My day was mainly pick up and delivery. This included loading and unloading, I liked the driving very much. When not driving, I was in the warehouse doing whatever need to be done. I learned to solve problems and work together as a team.

The office management was approachable and supportive.
Pros
good work hours and weekends off.
Cons
Variable lunch times and breaks
Great Team Nasty Managment
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJ27 August 2015
Great Team of people who were poorly treated every which way and consistently undervalued and never truly appreciated. Here at liquidity they always remember mistakes and errors than they do not value achievements or hard work. The Managers there were quite liars. They sold you a dream and made you work for it only to have you taste the cold bowl of disappointment. No matter how much sweat would drench off of us the GM would walk by and not say a word to you unless of course it was to chastise you and degrade your efforts simply because he did not approve of where my pallets were located. Simply two inches to far to the right it seemed. And when there was nothing wrong and the team was flowing it seemed management would give us a break with some pizza yet it got so repetitive that after three months of working there they would simply distract you with pizza to deliver the bad news with a bit less of a shock. What do you worry about when your boss just orders everyone cheap pizza, who cares if they cut our hours again. They know how to upset you. I should of realized this wasn't the place for me after the 12th temp that came in walked out on his first day. But I tried because boy they can sell you a dream. Since I've been there I have seen 6 employees leave and more than 60 temps come and go but by their own means I doubt the company would of let go of so many during prime time. Maybe its management? When I was officially hired they offered me a lead position and boy did I feel good but 5 months in I realized no raise no official promotion they are full of sh1t and I left. Horrid  more... company and HR is a joke.  less
Pros
Eventually you can go home
Cons
Read above
Great team to work with
Email Marketing Specialist - Contracted (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC6 August 2015
Everyone at this company was friendly and very helpful. Everyone is passionate about the mission and goals. Never experienced a bad day while working there!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liquidity Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7