Liquidity Services, Inc.

Liquidity Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Marketing Communications Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 20, 2015
The culture is fast-paced and allows me to work on multiple projects at a time in many different areas. Being a part of this culture allows me to adapt quickly to changes and learn multiple skill sets that enable me to grow in my career.
Sr. Network Security Engineer (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 25, 2015
Great place to work, good balance between work and family
some travel and some training of junior engineers, also stay current in personal training
Child Care Facility
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2015
I enjoyed working with the children and staff, in a safe environment. The location was in a busy and loving place in Alexandria Virginia.
Great Office, fun working if not for incompetent parts of company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Barstow, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: awesome management and area management. great coworkers. customers always fun.
Cons: safety department dangerously incompetent, slow to adjust
Always had fun working with everyone in the office. Cross trained jobs and office ended up being one of the best in the country despite size. Was fun letting my bosses take credit for all our hard work since our communication was so great. Plus they were always quick to let us know how much they appreciated us. Local management always did the best they could for any situation, even safety.

Sadly, upper management (not the Area heads) were somewhat rigid in investing in something they didn't have a focus group for.

Was forced, despite repeated concerns, to have basically a half eaten bicycle seat – more... on my Forklift for well over a year. Only got fixed when the forklift died. Meaning not.

Any incident reports to the safety department were determined to be your fault even if the issue was explicitly not an at-fault incident. If your name was on the top of the paper reporting it, you were at fault.

In fact, over the course of my time I began to realize the Safety Department was unable to comprehend any safety reports nor was willing to learn much about safety. If not for my love for everyone in the Operations and parts of Middle Management, I'd dare say any lesser person would have sued. – less
Productive and Goal Oriented
Financial Data Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Organized goals to meet within specific time limits. Learned how to use SQL. The hardest part was long hours of sitting down and enjoyable part was working with fun co-workers who know how to crack jokes and get the job done at the same time. Our boss was focused on production and we achieved our goals under less supervision.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
SWING REACH OPERATOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
SAFETY, GREAT SUPERVISOR, STEADY PASTE JOB,LEARNED HOW TO DO BLACKTOP, CONCRETE, THERE WAS NOTHING HARD ABOUT THE JOB LOVE A MANLY JOB. CO WORKERS WAS GREAT TO WORK WITH .
learned alot here
B2C-Team Lead (Former Employee), Garland, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: graet hours
Cons: the call center is movng
I learned so much from this job and my coworkers. All our customers are great and the one who were not happy when they called are always happy when the call ends. My team and my supervisors are great , I will miss them very much. The hardest part is when we are unable to assist a buyer because to much time has passed. I really feel bad when I can not resolve an issue for a customer. Close to home and the hours are great.
Lack of vision
Employee (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 11, 2014
Not the same company it was three years. Employees were treated with respect and as valuable assets. That culture is no longer the case anymore. Current CIO is a arrogant person that lacks leadership. Company does have great medical benefits and pays market value wages.
Enjoyed my time but corporate strategy in a state of change.
Client Services (Former Employee), United StatesOctober 23, 2014
I was not part of the new direction and was laid off on Oct 2014.
Most employees are great to work with
PC Repair Technician II (Former Employee), Plainfield, INOctober 2, 2014
really no ware to advance, main corporation only thinks in numbers.
I love the customers and concept of this company!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits for employees and children!
Cons: poor management and too much nepotism!
Answering phones,emails, chat, payments for online auction company for multiple websites. But no team morale, due to poor management. The people with the good skills and experience are not the ones that advance. Too much nepotism! There are some great people in other departments that help make this a good place to work! Training varies. Depends on who you get.
Good place to work but no advancement opportunities
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Washington, D.C.September 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits/ pto
Cons: no room for advancement
Great place to work but very little room for growth and advancement. It's still a relatively young company and does not have the best structure. Positions and pay are made up as they go.
Enjoyed the work!
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 8, 2014
I enjoyed the day to day work at the company. But the newly promoted manager made everyone feel invaluable, like we are robots and not people. I enjoyed working with my teams. Benefits are great, pay sucks.
okay place to work
Auction Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJuly 1, 2014
It was a good place to work, but not enough money or ways to advance up in order to make money
good place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee), lockbourne ohioMay 27, 2014
Pros: pto adds up and rolls over
Cons: lack of communication kills
Liquidity Services Inc, creates a good work environment, they take care of their people
Fantastic
Regional Videographer/Editor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2014
I learned more working here than I believe I could have anywhere else in my formative years. Great atmosphere, pleasant people, and always something new to learn.
Unique industry, intense work culture
Director (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: fast paced, employees are engaged, lots of opportunities for those who seek it
Cons: cutthroat, less structured, compensation
- innovator in the industry
- management team consists of seasoned veterans with close connections to its clients.
- the company is segmented by the industries they serve with minimal overlap between the divisions.
- the life cycle of products flowing through LSI is relatively short so almost everyone interacts with a significant portion of the business.
- You'll learn a ton more than going to a larger company due to each individual's ability to impact the bottom line.
- the company is fairly cutthroat given the sizable impact each employee could influence daily.
labor warehouse
Team Leader - Production (Former Employee), Plainfield, INFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: i got paid
Cons: management was very unorganized.
I worked 6am until 5pm five days a week in warehouse. I needed a job at the time and this was only job available at that time.
Job required me to do the work of 3 people, slow at hiring
Channel Optimization Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 26, 2013
Pros: monthly get togethers, pto
Cons: average 50 hour woork weeks, poor work-life balance
I have been working for this company for the past two years. When I started, I was told that two people would be hired in the coming weeks since this was a new department-it took them 15 months for them to hire someone to help me out and thus I was working 60 hour work weeks until that happened. They are very slow to hire and they dont mind giving you more tasks to do if it looks like you have down time.

I enjoyed the monthly get togethers that they had each month. The health benefits are also good but the pay is average for the work they require.
Impotent Management
Analyst/Associate (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2013
There is a large possibility you may get boxed into the role you started in despite previous promises. Numerous VP's care far more about covering for themselves than taking logical actions to improve things around the office and often require way too much intervention in individual business decisions that they should have basic faith in their employees to execute. They are also hesitant to develop their employees under them because it means they will have to spend more money or lose people under them, even though those people typically end up walking.

Great groups of talented people exist within this company and they will not be able to succeed due to incompetence in the layer above them causing interdepartmental squabbles instead of implementing the best available solutions.

About Liquidity Services, Inc.

Liquidity Services, Inc.’s mission is to provide business and government clients and buying customers with the world’s – Read more

Liquidity Services, Inc. Photos