Liquidity Services, Inc.

Liquidity Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Team Nasty Managment
Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJAugust 27, 2015
Great Team of people who were poorly treated every which way and consistently undervalued and never truly appreciated. Here at liquidity they always remember mistakes and errors than they do not value achievements or hard work. The Managers there were quite liars. They sold you a dream and made you work for it only to have you taste the cold bowl of disappointment. No matter how much sweat would drench off of us the GM would walk by and not say a word to you unless of course it was to chastise you and degrade your efforts simply because he did not approve of where my pallets were located. Simply two inches to far to the right it seemed. And when there was nothing wrong and the team was flowing it seemed management would give us a break with some pizza yet it got so repetitive that after three months of working there they would simply distract you with pizza to deliver the bad news with a bit less of a shock. What do you worry about when your boss just orders everyone cheap pizza, who cares if they cut our hours again. They know how to upset you. I should of realized this wasn't the place for me after the 12th temp that came in walked out on his first day. But I tried because boy they can sell you a dream. Since I've been there I have seen 6 employees leave and more than 60 temps come and go but by their own means I doubt the company would of let go of so many during prime time. Maybe its management? When I was officially hired they offered me a lead position and boy did I feel good but 5 months in I realized no raise no official promotion they are full of sh1t and I left. Horrid  more... company and HR is a joke.  less
Pros
Eventually you can go home
Cons
Read above
Dynamic culture only when sales are healthy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2015
Can be a very entrepreneurial environment. The constant introduction of products and sales locations encourages great diversity / work responsibilities. The obvious day to day challenges are making sure everyone is equipped to deal with change.
A great place to learn how to interact with people from a multitude of locations and backgrounds.
Pros
Lots of cash in the bank
Cons
Frequent lay-offs, management does not have industry experience
A+
Sales and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHApril 29, 2016
really good company to work for.. I would go back in a second... great upper management and good benefits. big company with a big heart for its workers
Pros
good pay
Driving, delivery and warehouse
Delivery driver and warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CaSeptember 1, 2015
My day was mainly pick up and delivery. This included loading and unloading, I liked the driving very much. When not driving, I was in the warehouse doing whatever need to be done. I learned to solve problems and work together as a team.

The office management was approachable and supportive.
Pros
good work hours and weekends off.
Cons
Variable lunch times and breaks
Good Company, solid benefits, low pay...
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMarch 5, 2013
I drove a forklift (reach truck) and they paid about $1/hr lower than average going rate in the area. I was ok with it because the benefits and vacation days were pretty good considering most companies aren't offering any these days. The company has a good business model that makes you feel you're with a stable company. I don't really have too many negative things to say about the company itself; my issue was with the management team in the Cranbury, NJ location. Without saying too much, the amount of stress and headache they put their underpaid workers through was absolutely not worth the money. With a different management team and better pay I probably could've stayed for a long long time.
Pros
good benefits, good amount of time off.
Cons
low pay, very strict, very easy to get fired for minor transgressions
Great place to work and grow in your career!
Senior Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 22, 2013
I've been with Liquidity Services, Inc. for 2 years now and it has been a very successful experience. I enjoy the work I do day to day while also experiencing long term growth in my career. Our company has been profitable for over 10 years now, which creates a feeling of both confidence and security. I highly recommend Liquidity Services, Inc. as the next company in your job search!
Pros
excellent benefits, high growth, collaborative environment, great people
Cons
get ready to work hard...but don't worry it all pays off in both short/long term success
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Marketing Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2015
The culture is fast-paced and allows me to work on multiple projects at a time in many different areas. Being a part of this culture allows me to adapt quickly to changes and learn multiple skill sets that enable me to grow in my career.
This is a great company to work for! The people are fantastic, and the stress level is very minimal.
Bidder Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2015
The workload can be quite heavy at times, but the "team" approach makes it very bearable. I enjoy coming to work and accomplishing the day's goals, and the people with whom I work create an environment that is peaceful.
Pros
great benefit package; monthly lunches
Job required me to do the work of 3 people, slow at hiring
Channel Optimization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 26, 2013
I have been working for this company for the past two years. When I started, I was told that two people would be hired in the coming weeks since this was a new department-it took them 15 months for them to hire someone to help me out and thus I was working 60 hour work weeks until that happened. They are very slow to hire and they dont mind giving you more tasks to do if it looks like you have down time.

I enjoyed the monthly get togethers that they had each month. The health benefits are also good but the pay is average for the work they require.
Pros
monthly get togethers, pto
Cons
average 50 hour woork weeks, poor work-life balance
Unique industry, intense work culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2014
- innovator in the industry
- management team consists of seasoned veterans with close connections to its clients.
- the company is segmented by the industries they serve with minimal overlap between the divisions.
- the life cycle of products flowing through LSI is relatively short so almost everyone interacts with a significant portion of the business.
- You'll learn a ton more than going to a larger company due to each individual's ability to impact the bottom line.
- the company is fairly cutthroat given the sizable impact each employee could influence daily.
Pros
fast paced, employees are engaged, lots of opportunities for those who seek it
Cons
cutthroat, less structured, compensation
I love the customers and concept of this company!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 1, 2014
Answering phones,emails, chat, payments for online auction company for multiple websites. But no team morale, due to poor management. The people with the good skills and experience are not the ones that advance. Too much nepotism! There are some great people in other departments that help make this a good place to work! Training varies. Depends on who you get.
Pros
great medical benefits for employees and children!
Cons
poor management and too much nepotism!
Not a fun place to work.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 20, 2013
Too much politics and no real direction for most of the employees. Some good co workers, but corporate and upper management are untrustworthy.
Pros
interesting business
Cons
no work life balance, average salary range.
working environment is good; time not flexible
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2015
not too much advancement. co-workers are friendly. work/family life not balanced. Company losing some key customer and make people work more with a lot of stress
Pros
pingpong table
Cons
no flexible work time
Good place to work but no advancement opportunities
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Washington, D.C.September 27, 2014
Great place to work but very little room for growth and advancement. It's still a relatively young company and does not have the best structure. Positions and pay are made up as they go.
Pros
good benefits/ pto
Cons
no room for advancement
Lack of vision
Employee (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 11, 2014
Not the same company it was three years. Employees were treated with respect and as valuable assets. That culture is no longer the case anymore. Current CIO is a arrogant person that lacks leadership. Company does have great medical benefits and pays market value wages.
Few rotten Apples spoil the bunch
LAN Technician (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2012
At first everything seemed great, but in the end it was a nightmare. After being given inadequate working conditions, such as having only a 6 foot folding table as my office in the conference room, I had been reported as having a messy desk even though the table was all I had and I had to work on defective equipment as well as keep any other necessary items on this exact same folding table. When I had issues with the management at my location taking advantage of me and having me work outside my scope I still went above and beyond and instead of the LAN Technician I shortly became the Warehouse Engineer also. One of the warehouse supervisors had some serious attitude issues and even yelled at another employee in front of me for something she was not responsible for and on another day yelled at me and scolded me like I was child when he could have addressed me in a proper manor. Even though these items were reported to management, nothing was ever done to my knowledge. I had even reported an employee for cussing at me over the phone and nothing was done about that either. If you are good at brown nosing it's a great job.
Pros
pay, benefits, hours
Cons
management, people skills
Not interested
Data Center Technician II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2015
I'm not interested in providing a review for Liquidity Services at this time. I enjoyed the people I worked with and that is the extent of ,y comments
Great team to work with
Email Marketing Specialist - Contracted (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2015
Everyone at this company was friendly and very helpful. Everyone is passionate about the mission and goals. Never experienced a bad day while working there!
Productive and Goal Oriented
Financial Data Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
Organized goals to meet within specific time limits. Learned how to use SQL. The hardest part was long hours of sitting down and enjoyable part was working with fun co-workers who know how to crack jokes and get the job done at the same time. Our boss was focused on production and we achieved our goals under less supervision.
Pros
free coffee
Work was easy, but lots of back stabbing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 28, 2012
Management sweeps MANY issues under the rug to make themselves look better. Some of the upper managers that travel were okay to work with.
Pros
benefits were good.
Cons
very little support from management