Liquidation World Employee Reviews

A very good company to work for and will go back
Shelf Stocker-Department manager (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB20 September 2016
In a days work some management didn't like you and had some-one to fill your spot overall the company is a very good company to work with, customers all ways come back just to say hi and do there shopping and the kids always liked you because when you treat them like a adult and helped them they thanked you with a smile thinking they have the same rights as mom-dad did in the store and asked fore help.
Pros
Summer bike checks to make shure there bike was safe to ride, Safty team member, welcomming customers
Cons
there are no cons when you do your job
Fun place to work
Floor manager (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB29 February 2016
I get of school and go straight to work. I put merchandise out on the floor and set up furniture. Sometimes I work to fast they don't know what job to give me next. I have learned a lot making furniture talking to the costumers. The management was great. I got along with all the co-workers I friended all of them. The hardest part when my Boss gave me a job I could not do by myself could not ask for help because all the other workers had day off. Going there and seeing all my friends and to be truthful getting paid every two weeks.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
good hours
I really enjoyed my job there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 May 2016
My job was to go thru pallets and open every box and price accordingly. Run the till. Also lock store at the end of the day. I learned to be quick with a smiling face and make customers happy.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
not enough hrs in a shift sometime
fun
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS10 July 2016
pleasse ask some one else to fill this stuff out not intrested in this sound like componies need people help and i cant do it
Pros
good bosses
Cons
same
Very fun and Productive
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB16 September 2015
it was a fun experience and friendly work environment, co-workers and management were very helpful. Always learning something new about the people and the store.
Pros
Getting to meet new interesting customers everyday.
Cons
long hours/double shifts
Fun job
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB28 January 2016
Working at liquidation world was a good job , loved helping the customers and filling the shelves up with new stock.
co-workers were easy and fun to work with.
Pros
Fun staff
Experience at Liquidation World
Co-op student (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON9 May 2012
My experience at Liquidation World in Wallaceburg so far is an amazing experience by being taught all the neat things not everyone has the chance to do. Some examples include such as, use of a RF gun, team effort in building end caps or sorting shelving, meeting new people, expressing thoughts on where and how freight shall be stocked, also gaining and improving work and management skills.

Management and my co-workers are polite and great listeners but at times co-workers can get carried away with things which if directed to me or other co-workers I use my skills and abilities to ignore or take care of the situation in a positive way.

The hardest part of my job would be finding something to do when there seems like everything is finished and no other tasks avalible. The most enjoyable part of the job is either interacting with customers or discovering all the new products recently shipped to the store.
Pros
discounts
Cons
limited daily tasks
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundas Street East, Trenton Ontario10 September 2014
A typical day at Liquidation World was to stock shelves, but mostly be on cash and help customers find what they needed. I learned how to count till, how to stock items properly, etc. The management there was great, they were understanding of my schedule that I had with volunteering at the theatre. The hardest part of the job was probably counting the till, because you can always be off, however it was quite easy to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers that were willing to receive help to find what they were looking for.
Pros
flexible hours, great work place, understanding
Cons
none that I can think of
A great place with all of the furniture and sales and customer service
Furniture salesmen, Merchandiser and cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary,Ab11 March 2014
A typical day of work is when i sold things because of my customer service experience and skills. I learned hot to work a pallet jack and i learned about selling merchandise and being very consistent. Management was great and we worked well together. My co-workers were very hard working and we supported one another, it's all about teamwork. Hardest part was lifting furniture up and down the stairs. Most enjoyable part was making my customers leave the store with a positive mind and they always came back.
Pros
Store discount's for me and my family.
Cons
Sometimes dealing with rude customers
Great people to work with
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC21 July 2014
usually started work at 9 and would spend the first half hour before the store opened, doing some prep work to make sure the store looked good. Every Day was different and I liked that part. I never knew what I would be doing that day so that kept me ready for anything. Management was fair and treated everyone as they should be treated. Tried to keep the mood and morale up if we were having a rough day. Co-workers were all pretty easy going and fun loving people. They made it very easy to get though the days working.
Pros
great people to be around
Cons
Sometimes a little too chaotic
Productive, great place for a first job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 May 2014
A typical day of work has consisted of being a cashier and restocking and resorting shelves. I learned how to create shelves and windows so as to be aesthetically pleasing to the customer, I also learned how to be a cashier. The management was really good, there was always a manager or assistant manager present and they knew everything about the store and its products. The hardest part of the job would have been managing the checkout lines during the busy seasons. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. We all really worked well together and never had a problem.
Pros
Lenient about breaks
Cons
small work space
Not a establishment I would suggest working.
Cashier/Merchandizing (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 August 2014
LW was a very slow paced, repetative job. My co-workers were friendly for the most part, as well as the management. The higher management outside of the warehouse were not very friendly. The hardest part of the job was pleasing the management as they were constantly changing what they wanted the our staff to do and never seemed to be pleased with the outcome. I learned how to smile and be nice and pleasant, even to those who were not nice or pleasant to me. Unfortunately, the most enjoyable part of the day was closing at night time.
Pros
Product discount
Cons
short hours, unappreciative management, rude customers.
Great workplace with friendly enviroment
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 June 2014
A typical day at work I would go in and ask the manager what needed to be done. This might have been anything from unpacking the merchandise and pricing, to stocking the shelves, to being on cash. I learned a lot of useful skills such as how to merchandise a display and how to make the store look great. The management changed around a lot but overall they were great at what they did. My co-workers were amazing and so friendly and use to make me love going to work. The hardest part of the job was carrying really heavy objects. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
Fun place to work but lots of heavy lifting,pushing and pulling.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Peace River AB14 May 2014
A typical day was moving furniture out the door and helping customers.

I learned better ways to help people and communicate better.

The management wasn't the best, i had 4 managers while working there.

The co-workers were good people but some of them slacked off at times.

The hardest part of the job was probably the lifting at first but i got use to it.

The best part of the job was probably getting to know everyone who worked there and getting to talk to the customers.
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Some safety hazards around the store.
About LW Store
Customer Service-Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 February 2015
I have always being on time for my shift and come in the store I was ready to work hard. At this work I learned how to do display a product, and merchandise from diagram how it was pictured. I was getting along with others very great and smiling towards customers. The hardest part on the job was that I couldn't assemble a furniture together but I asked for help on it . I enjoyed greeting customers and helping them out find items what they were looking for answering to their questions.
fun environment
Temperary Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Arthur, ON15 July 2012
Typical day at work would be stocking shelves, sort new stock, take shelves down and put up new shelves. This was all to help them expand into the store beside them.

I learned to help people out, and how to take down shelves and put them up again.

Management was always very good. Was there to teach and to watch.

My co-workers were amazing they were there to help when needed.

The hardest part of my job was the never ending stock. They had a lot of stock at all times and all different things.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all different people.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
short hours, temp. work
I enjoyed the job it self
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 January 2015
The job it self was productive lots of physical labor. We had to pick order for stores. The management wasn't very fair they had friends working there or their family and they were favored. The co-workers where always gossiping or sleeping with everyone. The hardest part of the job was listening to everyone complain about each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I did independant jobs alone.
Pros
To much favoritism to many family and friends worked there
Cons
We got discounts at the store
Great co-workers, good management, but few hours, and low salary with no benefits.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 January 2013
Love the store, and I really enjoy working with the team there. The manager is great, however I simply cannot afford to live on the few hours they give me, besides the fact that it pays minimum wage, and there are absolutely no benefits unless you are a manager, or supervisor. Not good for minimum wage earners. Even the supervisors don't earn much more than minimum wage. That makes it difficult, especially for a single person.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not enough hours
Ability to move up
Real Estate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford ON12 December 2013
Was able to take courses for advancement.
Close to home,
Respected by peers and management
Overall fun atmosphere and open management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2014
Till is given a choice of seating for disabled or staff with difficulties.
Till staff is never without a job to do or area to maintain and keep clean.

Jobs are rotated keeping things fresh I.E. stock today would be on cash tomorrow and cleaning the third day.

Hours were always flexible and management was able to work around my schedule to ensure i had proper child care.
Pros
Breaks are even, Job is always fun, fun staff
Cons
Hot in the summer due to warehouse conditions