Liquidation World Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work
Floor manager (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABFebruary 29, 2016
I get of school and go straight to work. I put merchandise out on the floor and set up furniture. Sometimes I work to fast they don't know what job to give me next. I have learned a lot making furniture talking to the costumers. The management was great. I got along with all the co-workers I friended all of them. The hardest part when my Boss gave me a job I could not do by myself could not ask for help because all the other workers had day off. Going there and seeing all my friends and to be truthful getting paid every two weeks.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
good hours
I really enjoyed my job there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 25, 2016
My job was to go thru pallets and open every box and price accordingly. Run the till. Also lock store at the end of the day. I learned to be quick with a smiling face and make customers happy.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
not enough hrs in a shift sometime
fun
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSJuly 10, 2016
pleasse ask some one else to fill this stuff out not intrested in this sound like componies need people help and i cant do it
Pros
good bosses
Cons
same
Fun job
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Working at liquidation world was a good job , loved helping the customers and filling the shelves up with new stock.
co-workers were easy and fun to work with.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Nice place to work, small town feel and friendly.
Contract assembler (Former Employee) –  London OntarioJuly 27, 2015
I was lucky enough to get into a position they considered a contract by the end. I was able to set my own hours and based it on the workload so if I was not working, I was not there. They showed an interest in safety, which was nice and I would likely still be there despite the pay not being great if they had not closed and moved everything under the Big Lots banner, back to the USA.
Pros
Set my own hours
Cons
Liked to close forever too much.
doing work as a group
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, ABJuly 21, 2015
A day at work we would plan out the day together. we would al do what were told from the manager usually we would be getting things orginized and put together. my co workers were good i liked them. the hardest part was lifting heavey things for a good amount of time hauling them to a different spot... the enjoyable part of the job was seeing people helping them with things and enjoying a word with everyone
Pros
good breaks.working with a friend
Cons
hurting feet
Very fun and Productive
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, ABSeptember 16, 2015
it was a fun experience and friendly work environment, co-workers and management were very helpful. Always learning something new about the people and the store.
Pros
Getting to meet new interesting customers everyday.
Cons
long hours/double shifts
Always a new challenge
Regional Office Administrator, Operations Asst (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 1, 2015
Always busy, and always up for a new challenge. A job description with a big variety was appreciated and getting the job done in an efficient, timely manner.
About LW Store
Customer Service-Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 9, 2015
I have always being on time for my shift and come in the store I was ready to work hard. At this work I learned how to do display a product, and merchandise from diagram how it was pictured. I was getting along with others very great and smiling towards customers. The hardest part on the job was that I couldn't assemble a furniture together but I asked for help on it . I enjoyed greeting customers and helping them out find items what they were looking for answering to their questions.
I enjoyed the job it self
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 13, 2015
The job it self was productive lots of physical labor. We had to pick order for stores. The management wasn't very fair they had friends working there or their family and they were favored. The co-workers where always gossiping or sleeping with everyone. The hardest part of the job was listening to everyone complain about each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I did independant jobs alone.
Pros
to much favoritism to many family and friends worked there
Cons
we got discounts at the store
I enjoyed the people I worked with and it kept my bills paid for 8 years.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, Maple Ridge and Mission, BCOctober 1, 2014
I did cashiering and merchandising
Diplomacy is what I perfected
Most of the managers I worked under were great.
I enjoyed my co-workers enormously
To stay out of confrontations between customer and co-worker, was the hardest part of my job.
I hate it when a customer complains about a co-worker that has bent over backwards to accommodate said customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, the majority if them are great and of course my co-workers. And actually the work could also be fun, just how you looked at it.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundas Street East, Trenton OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at Liquidation World was to stock shelves, but mostly be on cash and help customers find what they needed. I learned how to count till, how to stock items properly, etc. The management there was great, they were understanding of my schedule that I had with volunteering at the theatre. The hardest part of the job was probably counting the till, because you can always be off, however it was quite easy to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers that were willing to receive help to find what they were looking for.
Pros
flexible hours, great work place, understanding
Cons
none that i can think of
Not a establishment I would suggest working.
Cashier/Merchandizing (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 26, 2014
LW was a very slow paced, repetative job. My co-workers were friendly for the most part, as well as the management. The higher management outside of the warehouse were not very friendly. The hardest part of the job was pleasing the management as they were constantly changing what they wanted the our staff to do and never seemed to be pleased with the outcome. I learned how to smile and be nice and pleasant, even to those who were not nice or pleasant to me. Unfortunately, the most enjoyable part of the day was closing at night time.
Pros
product discount
Cons
short hours, unappreciative management, rude customers.
Something to do.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Working here was just something to do to pass time. The job itself was not difficult in anyway. The hardest part was probably the constant rearranging of the store or moving the heavy objects out the doors such as furniture. For the most part my coworkers were a bunch of friendly people who wanted similar things i did, work to pay for school, support the family etc. It was a fun time and I miss them greatly.
Great people to work with
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BCJuly 21, 2014
usually started work at 9 and would spend the first half hour before the store opened, doing some prep work to make sure the store looked good. Every Day was different and I liked that part. I never knew what I would be doing that day so that kept me ready for anything. Management was fair and treated everyone as they should be treated. Tried to keep the mood and morale up if we were having a rough day. Co-workers were all pretty easy going and fun loving people. They made it very easy to get though the days working.
Pros
great people to be around
Cons
sometimes a little too chaotic
Great workplace with friendly enviroment
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 3, 2014
A typical day at work I would go in and ask the manager what needed to be done. This might have been anything from unpacking the merchandise and pricing, to stocking the shelves, to being on cash. I learned a lot of useful skills such as how to merchandise a display and how to make the store look great. The management changed around a lot but overall they were great at what they did. My co-workers were amazing and so friendly and use to make me love going to work. The hardest part of the job was carrying really heavy objects. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
Productive, great place for a first job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 16, 2014
A typical day of work has consisted of being a cashier and restocking and resorting shelves. I learned how to create shelves and windows so as to be aesthetically pleasing to the customer, I also learned how to be a cashier. The management was really good, there was always a manager or assistant manager present and they knew everything about the store and its products. The hardest part of the job would have been managing the checkout lines during the busy seasons. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. We all really worked well together and never had a problem.
Pros
lenient about breaks
Cons
small work space
Fun place to work but lots of heavy lifting,pushing and pulling.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Peace River ABMay 14, 2014
A typical day was moving furniture out the door and helping customers.

I learned better ways to help people and communicate better.

The management wasn't the best, i had 4 managers while working there.

The co-workers were good people but some of them slacked off at times.

The hardest part of the job was probably the lifting at first but i got use to it.

The best part of the job was probably getting to know everyone who worked there and getting to talk to the customers.
Pros
discount on items
Cons
some safety hazards around the store.
Productive and busy work days
Storefront Attendant (Former Employee) –  Smiths FallsApril 21, 2014
Handled the front of the store (stocking shelves, cash register, cleaning, setting up displays, organizing and condensing). Being my first job I learned how a retail company works, how to interact with costumers and what's expected of me. I got along well with my managers and co-workers, which made my day a lot better when I came to work. My hardest part of the job would have been assembling heavy furniture and lifting heavy boxes. The best part of my job was meeting and talking to new people that came to Liquidation World.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
boring nights
A great place with all of the furniture and sales and customer service
Furniture salesmen, Merchandiser and cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AbMarch 11, 2014
A typical day of work is when i sold things because of my customer service experience and skills. I learned hot to work a pallet jack and i learned about selling merchandise and being very consistent. Management was great and we worked well together. My co-workers were very hard working and we supported one another, it's all about teamwork. Hardest part was lifting furniture up and down the stairs. Most enjoyable part was making my customers leave the store with a positive mind and they always came back.
Pros
store discount's for me and my family.
Cons
sometimes dealing with rude customers