Liquidation World Employee Reviews

fun
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSJuly 10, 2016
pleasse ask some one else to fill this stuff out not intrested in this sound like componies need people help and i cant do it
Pros
good bosses
Cons
same
I really enjoyed my job there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 25, 2016
My job was to go thru pallets and open every box and price accordingly. Run the till. Also lock store at the end of the day. I learned to be quick with a smiling face and make customers happy.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
not enough hrs in a shift sometime
Fun place to work
Floor manager (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABFebruary 29, 2016
I get of school and go straight to work. I put merchandise out on the floor and set up furniture. Sometimes I work to fast they don't know what job to give me next. I have learned a lot making furniture talking to the costumers. The management was great. I got along with all the co-workers I friended all of them. The hardest part when my Boss gave me a job I could not do by myself could not ask for help because all the other workers had day off. Going there and seeing all my friends and to be truthful getting paid every two weeks.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
good hours
Fun job
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Working at liquidation world was a good job , loved helping the customers and filling the shelves up with new stock.
co-workers were easy and fun to work with.
Pros
Fun staff
Always a new challenge
Regional Office Administrator, Operations Asst (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 1, 2015
Always busy, and always up for a new challenge. A job description with a big variety was appreciated and getting the job done in an efficient, timely manner.
Very fun and Productive
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, ABSeptember 16, 2015
it was a fun experience and friendly work environment, co-workers and management were very helpful. Always learning something new about the people and the store.
Pros
Getting to meet new interesting customers everyday.
Cons
long hours/double shifts
Nice place to work, small town feel and friendly.
Contract assembler (Former Employee) –  London OntarioJuly 27, 2015
I was lucky enough to get into a position they considered a contract by the end. I was able to set my own hours and based it on the workload so if I was not working, I was not there. They showed an interest in safety, which was nice and I would likely still be there despite the pay not being great if they had not closed and moved everything under the Big Lots banner, back to the USA.
Pros
Set my own hours
Cons
Liked to close forever too much.
doing work as a group
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, ABJuly 21, 2015
A day at work we would plan out the day together. we would al do what were told from the manager usually we would be getting things orginized and put together. my co workers were good i liked them. the hardest part was lifting heavey things for a good amount of time hauling them to a different spot... the enjoyable part of the job was seeing people helping them with things and enjoying a word with everyone
Pros
good breaks.working with a friend
Cons
hurting feet
loved every minutes of it
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  mississaugaFebruary 10, 2015
amazing company
great staff
and a lot of growth sky is the limit love everyone i worked with ggggggggggggggggggggggggg
About LW Store
Customer Service-Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 9, 2015
I have always being on time for my shift and come in the store I was ready to work hard. At this work I learned how to do display a product, and merchandise from diagram how it was pictured. I was getting along with others very great and smiling towards customers. The hardest part on the job was that I couldn't assemble a furniture together but I asked for help on it . I enjoyed greeting customers and helping them out find items what they were looking for answering to their questions.
I enjoyed the job it self
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 13, 2015
The job it self was productive lots of physical labor. We had to pick order for stores. The management wasn't very fair they had friends working there or their family and they were favored. The co-workers where always gossiping or sleeping with everyone. The hardest part of the job was listening to everyone complain about each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I did independant jobs alone.
Pros
to much favoritism to many family and friends worked there
Cons
we got discounts at the store
good job
Merchandiser/Stock personal (Former Employee) –  winnipeg mbDecember 6, 2014
loved the job but went under! put stock away and stocked shelfs
Pros
good job
Cons
went under
great work place, great co worker
Key Holder/ Head Cashier/ Merchandiser/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  BarrieNovember 5, 2014
I enjoyed this job unfortunately after returning from maturnity leave the store was going out of business
good
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  mississaugaOctober 9, 2014
amazing people and company sad it was closed down will miss you all
I enjoyed the people I worked with and it kept my bills paid for 8 years.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, Maple Ridge and Mission, BCOctober 1, 2014
I did cashiering and merchandising
Diplomacy is what I perfected
Most of the managers I worked under were great.
I enjoyed my co-workers enormously
To stay out of confrontations between customer and co-worker, was the hardest part of my job.
I hate it when a customer complains about a co-worker that has bent over backwards to accommodate said customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, the majority if them are great and of course my co-workers. And actually the work could also be fun, just how you looked at it.
Good discount retailer
Outlet Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCSeptember 26, 2014
- Great Company to work for !
- Super associates
- Fantastic assortment of merchandise
- Loyal customer following
Pros
great deals
Cons
company closed
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dundas Street East, Trenton OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at Liquidation World was to stock shelves, but mostly be on cash and help customers find what they needed. I learned how to count till, how to stock items properly, etc. The management there was great, they were understanding of my schedule that I had with volunteering at the theatre. The hardest part of the job was probably counting the till, because you can always be off, however it was quite easy to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers that were willing to receive help to find what they were looking for.
Pros
flexible hours, great work place, understanding
Cons
none that i can think of
Something to do.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Working here was just something to do to pass time. The job itself was not difficult in anyway. The hardest part was probably the constant rearranging of the store or moving the heavy objects out the doors such as furniture. For the most part my coworkers were a bunch of friendly people who wanted similar things i did, work to pay for school, support the family etc. It was a fun time and I miss them greatly.
Not a establishment I would suggest working.
Cashier/Merchandizing (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 26, 2014
LW was a very slow paced, repetative job. My co-workers were friendly for the most part, as well as the management. The higher management outside of the warehouse were not very friendly. The hardest part of the job was pleasing the management as they were constantly changing what they wanted the our staff to do and never seemed to be pleased with the outcome. I learned how to smile and be nice and pleasant, even to those who were not nice or pleasant to me. Unfortunately, the most enjoyable part of the day was closing at night time.
Pros
product discount
Cons
short hours, unappreciative management, rude customers.
hardest part of the job