Lionbridge

Lionbridge Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stay Away!
Corp IT (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: parking
Cons: everything else.
Clear cut throat culture. Everyone is on the hot seat all the time, they feel their the next one to go to trim the fat.

Terrible management creates a playground for themselves at the expense of employees.
Technical Illustrator
Technical Illustrator (Current Employee), Earth City, MOMarch 1, 2014
Pros: pleasant office surroundings
Cons: pay average
Translate engineering drawings and models into technical manuals illustrations.
very good
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), mumbaiFebruary 22, 2014
Cons: no way only 9 hrs work no long hrs.
over all very good company.
good people in management
very supportive
till now I never face hardest part in my job
I always enjoy to work with this company. but due to personal reason I have look some other.
Okay place
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 19, 2014
Decent place to work, spent my time there locked in a windowless room, for "security" of the client's products.
fun coworkers
Operator (Current Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 25, 2013
working for minimum wage and no benefits is a definite drawback.
Very Productive with great team spirit amongs co-workers
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee), Emmet Street, BallinaOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches
I enjoyed everyday of my work experience with Lionbridge and added value to its organization or customer that was consistently in excess of expectations.

Working wih Lionbridge helped me realise my true potential as a Recruiting Administrator I had no limits with my degree in Computer Systems and Networking, I accepted the challenge with little experience – more... in Administration work and got a great experience from it.

Management were very supportive and contributed greatly to my work experience.

My co-workers were very supportive and were a great team to work with.

Everything in life starts at a difficult stage but with determination and staying focus on my goals, I finaly made the mark.

Its great to meet challenges because through that we grow and gain the experiences needed. I enjoyed making customers happy. – less
Hard Work That's Sometimes Worth It
Project Manager (Current Employee), MassachusettsOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, some opportunity to advance
Cons: poor pay, long hours, constant management changes
Lionbridge really wants to get its money's worth from their employees. A typical day is rarely 8 hours, but often 10 or 12, especially as the majority of people on your team are not in your time zone. Pay is not equal to the workload, however there is some flexibility within the job that tries to make up for it (e.g. working from home, flexible start – more... and end times). Be prepared to work long, strange hours at times, and be prepared to sacrifice a lot of your personal life to get the job done.

Management is alright. Direct managers are often very hardworking and understanding, but corporate management has absolutely no idea what anyone besides themselves does for work. Benefits aren't great (terrible health insurance, very cheap holiday 'parties'). However, the company does prefer to hire and promote from within, so there is opportunity to advance, to a degree. Coworkers are very friendly and helpful. – less
Flexible and Great Experience
INTERPRETER (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: great learning, flexible enviroment
Cons: late pay.
I can not lie and say that everything is as it should be but I can say that it is a great experience to work as an interpreter in the EOIR. A typical day at work is to interpret all day in court setting for the immigration courts.
Lionbridge has improved their case coordinator and now I am happy with the one assigned to the New England area. Payment – more... it is a problem, basically you have 2 options, you either get pay every 45 days or every 15 days if you are willing to have 5% deducted from your rate. – less
A great temporary work from home job
Internet Assessor (Former Employee), RemoteAugust 18, 2013
Pros: pay, great work life balance
Cons: ejection seat job
The job provides a great work life balance however it is not a secure job and advancement is not possible. They do however pay occasional bonuses and the pay overall is not bad.
Good job for added income but not for career
Internet Assessor (Former Employee), OnlineAugust 10, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: don't get paid for required learning time
Good place to work from home and get a little extra cash. You work more time than paid for ie. classes, timed work productivity. The overall job is tedious and boring, but you get paid for working in your pj's.
Continuous learning
Internet Assessor (Former Employee), At homeJuly 17, 2013
Good job for stay at home parents, because you can manage your own working hours
Lionbridge - what a joke!!
Interent Assessor (Former Employee), Home-basedMay 21, 2013
Pros: don;t have to drive to a workplace
Cons: where do i start this long list - basically a scam
At the start I was asked to do the same meeting/presentations over and over again. This was a waste of time since they had already sent and I had reviewed the powerpoint presentation which each meeting/presentation just went over partly again. Some of the presented judgements are contradictory and you are expected to second guess (sometimes) what they – more... want and these are often not obvious. There is also a number of "exams" which are judged so if you are too slow or don't get their answers you will be dropped.

In the Production system I was asked to do tasks/queries which were boring and repetitive (even to the extent of repeating the same queries in the same order over again up to 10 times). There does not seem to be a simple sort routine in the selection of the repetitive tasks to exclude these from the list.

No feedback from management or leaders at all - I sent about 10 or more emails to them and received 2 very curt replies a few days later.
They supply no names or contact details for team leaders which in any organization I have been in this has been basic. Random people would contact you via email to do a particular task and there was usually no response back if you contacted them. This lead to a feeling of great confidence in what you were doing and if ultimately you would be paid.

The work is irregular - they will offer you 10 hours and then want 30 hours out of you a few days later to be completed that week. The following week there will be nothing. Tasks don't come in until later in the week (if at all) and then they expect you to complete them by Sunday. If you don't they will threaten to drop you from the programme - bullying.

There is no expectation that you will need a break from staring/sitting at a screen for hours - and you can't do that - and the break you take (sometimes for sanity) is in your own time since you are not judging. Each judgement will be given a maximum of 2 minutes but fall below the rate of judging and they will drop you from the programme. So all up for 20 hours you may expend 40 hours of just needing a break and also unpaid training (so factor that into the "wage" they may offer you. If you are in a "real" office this is all part of the job and you are paid accordingly.

They will give you mandatory "webinars" to attend (these seem to be pre-recorded since you can only listen in) so these should just be a download rather than having to listen in at a certain (inconvenient) time. They also expect you to do many hours of unpaid "training". You will need to usually run IE10 and a number of other products on your PC.

Lionbridge don't pay you - so I consider them to be a SCAM - the pay is poor for the level of qualifications they expect you to have and the pay period is paid 2 months later if they bother to send it at all. You will also need to cover the cost of your internet and your PC/electricity.
You will also lose in the many foreign currency exchanges getting the money into your account.

The company seems to be based in Ireland - so this is probably a tax scam from the US Govt since you will be paid (if you get it) in US$ when otherwise it should have been in Euro. – less
Easy-going job with technical problems
Internet Assessor (Former Employee), homeMarch 6, 2013
Pros: work from home, not a demanding schedule
Cons: not taxed, hands-off management
I was required to work at least 10 hours a week from home, comparing the results of various search engines.. I learned how to conduct more efficient google searches, as well as tested various experimental search engines. The management was very hands-off and getting an answer concerning an issue was complicated. I did not have coworkers to ask for help – more... either. The hardest part of the job was motivating myself to work as it was very monotonous and had many problems with the interface. The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping up to date with the various news sources and being able to set my own schedule. – less
This Company Provides an Important Position and Service that is Enjoyable to be Involved In
Internet Assessor (Former Employee), Waltham, MassachusettsMarch 2, 2013
Pros: the projects were interesting and about researching various commonly discussed subjects.
Cons: the company at times has errors with their projects and their formatting.
This company conducts projects on researching the interests of users based on specific internet queries. I thoroughly enjoyed this position and these projects because it was working to understand which webpages provided the best content for users for common and important queries, which content was the most helpful, and how to find the best webpages – more... for users. The instructions for the projects almost always were surpassing sufficient standards and at times they were just missing some important aspects. The quality of the projects and their formats were mostly high in quality and the experience was very enjoyable and challenging. – less
Years working with lion bridge
Hardware Tech 2 - Tester 2 (Current Employee), San diego, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Arrive at work revise emails to see any request, and then work on any previous request.
learning experience from previous tech that have been in the company for years.
the management was not that great since they promised various things and they did not do like promoting people once they already had talked to them and told them about a raise and full – more... benefits,
my co-workers have always been good workers that i enjoy working with.
the hardest part of the job is the deadlines for the projects since sometimes we encounter problems and parts would not arrived until a week making the deadline harder to meet.
the most enjoyable part is that there's always something new every day it doesn't become a routine. – less
Disappointing
internet assessor (Former Employee), London, ukJanuary 19, 2013
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc tasks given are often repetitive, monotonous and i would add, a bit humiliating. .
Worked for Lionbridge for around 1 month. I quit at the tasks given are often repetitive, monotonous and I would add, a bit humiliating.

In the end Lionbridge did all it could in order not to pay me the hours worked (and they succeded in the end). I just did not want to deal with them anymore.

Lionbrige says it pays for the time one actually works. – more... In fact they pay you only for the time they think should have taken you to complete a task. considering this and all the admin and educational involved one end up working a lot and be paid only for a few hours. – less
Great company
Creole Interpreter (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 7, 2012
Pros: work hours
Cons: more diversity in their client base
Great place to work.
I have been with the since 1993.
Work starts around 4 am Pacific Time.
Not enough work
Working with DOJ judges and Immigration officers

Johanne – June 1, 2013

Hello: I saw your comments about this job. Can you help me get set up. I speak French and Haitian Creole too. thank you

Productive anb fun workplace
TECHNICAL AUTHOR (Current Employee), Chennai, TNDecember 3, 2012
Pros: fun at work
Cons: nothing for free
To reach the targets some days we have to work for the whole day. Management is good friendly understandable. Hardest part of job is like when we don't have proper source to complete the job. The most enjoyable part of job is we have a good scope to know about jet engines.
my first trainee job
Trainee Software Engineer (Former Employee), MumbaiNovember 29, 2012
Pros: travelling convenience by train, trainings
being my first software job, this is where i got my first break as a tester and learnt most. A very nice environment for a fresher, good management.
Fexible
HOME-BASED WEB CONTENT ASSESSOR (Current Employee), Waltham, MANovember 7, 2012
The employer offer a very flexible schedule. They offer incentives if one hits certain productivity metrics.

About Lionbridge

Lionbridge Technologies wants to be king of the jungle at bridging the language gap. The company offers translation (or localization) – Read more