Lionbridge Technologies

Lionbridge Technologies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexibility to work from home
Internet Crowd Worker (Former Employee), MAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor pay structure
This was a flexible job, with flexible hours and Work from home
Group of enthusiastic Learners
Senior Executive - Human Resources (Current Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 19, 2014
I've got the opportunity to work both as a recruiter and a trainer.
I loved my job as I had utilized most of the opportunities to interact with my employees.
Don't work for this company.
General QA (Technician I) (Former Employee), Escondido, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: easy work, easy money at times
Cons: some of the most common-sense-challenged people you will meet, work isn't always steady, fulltime only, no raises
Lionbridge is the bottom of the barrel. Very unprofessional, very hard to get ahead and has trouble following California laws regarding employment.

Work can be regular or it can be spotty. Most of the people there are not interested in advancing their lives (i.e. they are the second income in their household.) The jobs themselves are easy. What is – more... not easy is the management and the incompetence and the inconsistencies of people put in managerial positions.

For me the most enjoyable part of this job was quitting. Its an employer of dead end jobs.

I did learn about how to do Quality Assurance testing and how to utilize ancient databases that are spotty and confusing at times. If your expectations are about as low as they go, this is the place for you! – less
Productive and fun work place
Documentation Manager (Current Employee), Chennai, TNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: many learning opportunities
It is a very a good place to learn new stuff and technologies. Management is encouraging.
Best at what they do
Sales Representative (Former Employee), MAJune 18, 2014
Pros: exciting industry
Cons: high pressure
Lionbridge is the best in the field at what they do. You will feel that from working there. Be ready to be a self starter though as leadership tries to be hands off and give employees flexibility and responsibility. If you cant exceed expectations continually, work somewhere else.
Friendly and engaging online network
Language expert (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMay 28, 2014
This job is quite good for those who work part-time from home and is a good opportunity to learn or practice skills in computer programming and linguistics. My colleagues are friendly and helpful and very understanding of competing demands on my time. The main caveat is that hours are unpredictable, and it can be a tricky exercise in time management – more... when you have committed to other jobs and are suddenly given a task requiring 20 hours due the following week! Ideal for anyone who does not have too many other commitments and demands on time. – less
A conducive work environment with tremendous learning opportunities
Documentation Lead (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 24, 2014
An organisation which encourages employees to work independently and prove their potential by providing them the right environment and work opportunities, which includes the latest technologies and challenging work.
Work from home role
Internet Analyst (Former Employee), HuddersfieldMay 7, 2014
Pros: home based
Cons: poor management and sometimes no work
The role involved analysing results of search engines, websites and webpages. I also had to attend regular webinar sessions and follow strict guidelines.

The hardest part of the job for me was that the work sometimes didn't come through until late evening so would have to work during the early hours of the morning.

The most enjoyable part however – more... was that it was home-based and that allowed me to do everything from the comfort of my own home – less
hard working crew
TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMay 3, 2014
Pros: good technology
Cons: poor upper managment
I loved the team of people I supervised, but the upper management is very disorganized which saddens me.
productive and fun workplace
Documentation Engineer (Technical Author) (Former Employee), chennaiApril 28, 2014
Pros: maximun support recieved
Lionbridge is a very good company that teaches us in every aspect.
Writer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNApril 23, 2014
I worked as Instructional Designer. Created technical courses for Skillsoft. I was also a reviewer and a trainer.
Productive and fun place to work at
Tester 1 (Current Employee), Vancouver, WaApril 17, 2014
Most people who work here have a smile on their face, Each day is a new challenge with an opportunity to show your skills working with technology.
The management rocks at getting things done and making their employees happy!
The hardest part of the job is working with printers that just don't want to cooperate.
Poor pay
Technical Author (Former Employee), DerbyApril 17, 2014
Pros: free tea and coffee
Cons: no pay rises
Be careful when you negotiate your pay package here. As with any other company they will try to get you as cheaply as possible but there is a catch. You will not receive a pay rise once you start work here. Some have worked for 5 years without a rise. Most though leave long before then. This is a shame because there are good people to work with, the – more... work is interesting and management are okay but they rely on their profits by getting you cheaply. New staff can negotiate more than current workers. Just hold out for the higher rate. – less
No 1 Company in Localization
Senior Collection Executive (Current Employee), MumbaiApril 13, 2014
Lionbridge Technologies, is the No. 1 Organization in Localization.
Good for freshers.
Localization Engineer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHFebruary 21, 2014
Management is good.Their friendly environment.However their is no growth.
Learned a lot along with enjoyment
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 30, 2014
Good environment to work and learn. Nice co-workers.

Get to work on various technologies.
Nice and enjoyable working culture
Associate (Former Employee), MumbaiJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: was good start to penetrate the workplace culture
Cons: promoting individual for personal or professional goals were not followed
Day starts and end with routine scheduled task
Had good learning experience to understand and sink into working culture
Ok
Internet Assessor (Current Employee), work from homeDecember 10, 2013
Pro: Make your own schedule
Con: Boring work, not always enough hours for require time
work can be hard for minimum pay
Test Operator (Current Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 8, 2013
Pros: 4x10hr days
Cons: no benefits, can be sent home any day, low pay, management shows no caring.
The work can vary significantly, sometimes easy and slow and sometimes very hectic and difficult.
Good work place
Technical Writer/Author- Rolls Royce Engines (Current Employee), ChennaiNovember 21, 2013
Pros: good work culture
Cons: benefits
Good work place, nice management.
there is lot of things to learn

1 2 3

About Lionbridge Technologies

Lionbridge Technologies wants to be king of the jungle at bridging the language gap. The company offers translation (or localization) – Read more