Lionbridge Technologies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Managed Services Comapny
Planning Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Provides a nice Mexican lunch every year
Cons: Its a managed service company
My manager was one of the best I have worked for and all the other managed services people at my facility were great. The managers were good about keeping you informed of any changes and was very supportive.
motivated worker
Hard Ware Test Operator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 8, 2015
Learn new things at work everyday, management is very organized and professional, co-workers are smart and work effectively and are friendly , the satisfaction that the engineers get when we do a good job
Good Corporate Experience
Technical Writer (Former Employee), MumbaiMay 8, 2015
Cons: Long working hours
Great Learning Experience, Improper Hierarchy Definitions, Cultural Sensitive Training, Good career development path.
My tenure here at Lionbridge
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: challenging, advancement opportunity
Cons: improperly managed, no communication, no increase in salary
Working for Lionbridge was the most challenging job that I have had to date. Building a business within a larger corporation, while performing a specific service for that company, is very complex.
Overall the management is spread thin, which makes working for them stressful at times. There are many professionals within the company, but after five years with the company I cannot find the proper work life balance.
Business Development Director
Business Development Director (Former Employee), Silver SpringApril 12, 2015
The lessons learnt are over the top but the pressure will make you physically sick! They push you to close government deals that are notoriously slow. Make sure your commission structure is real and in writing.
working with contractor for HP was ok
operator 3 (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORMarch 25, 2015
Pros: always good to work to help a company like HP
Cons: management problems, company does not like to help them
-clean all machines, tools entire of work area and parts that are going to be assembled.
-working on proto type parts always looking for problems in different areas of the part and correct also.
-all management people worked for HP at one time came back to work for Lionbridge.Attitudes among former HP employees having to get a lower pay affected all other co-workers attitude about the company no pay raises and benefits to operators.
-I never worked for HP but when it came to get help from the management they didn't care.
-hearing the storys about how good it was when co-workers was working for HP.
-I learned a lot from the engineers, they enjoyed having me assist them through problems.
good people and enjoyable workplace
tester III (Former Employee), BoiseMarch 24, 2015
provided tech support for India and learned about HP printers and Web Jet admin software. All people were very friendly and helpful.
It was a night shift which I enjoyed very much
Fun workplace
Senior Project coordinator (Former Employee), Chennai, TNMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good team work
Cons: long hours
A good place to work with different domain projects. Every worker will get an opportunity to work with different clients. Approachable work environment. The hardest part of the job is long hours work. The most enjoyable part of the job is a fun workplace.
Fixed Pay, No Progression, Glorified Agency
Data Collector (Former Employee), UKMarch 11, 2015
Pros: moderate salary
Cons: poor in-house hr systems, poor communication, non-existant management
After working at Lionbridge I can only offer my experience;

Fixed Pay, the standard salary is not bad to be fair however with no career progression or financial bonuses based on performance, this can feel very like a 'dead end' job.

Vague job description, almost all employees I have met are all contracted under the same job title despite vastly different roles, some of which far exceed the stated role profile.

After working for Agencies in the past, Lionbridge certainly has that atmosphere of disposable employees and the lack of career prospects. On top of this, they have strict rules with regards to using in-house systems to record daily tasks & time taken per task as well as recording own working hours. With a zero tollerance view to people unable to record hours (I was demanded to record my absence hours on their internet based system while I was absent from work after being hospitalised, with the threat of disciplinary action if this was not completed by my standard finishing time I must add)

Lionbridge is a poor company to work for, however, for a stop-gap or an experience builder, the roles available are quite suitable for a moderate wage.
If you are a Drone
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 17, 2015
If management takes a liking to you then you may be ok. otherwise good luck surviving this hostile work environment.Co-Workers are cool people most are recent college grads. There is not enjoyable aspect to this job, it was a terrible experience. Also if you cannot teach yourself how to do the job, good luck cause management sure will not. Even though it is an entry level position.
no pressure
Climaties/Tech #3 (Former Employee), Rancho Bernardo, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: investment opportunities
Cons: pay scale too low
Good work environment, pay could be better, professionals, good work ethic will be willing to work for the company again in the future.
Good Company to Work
Model II project Maanager (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: dinner coupons
Cons: night shift
• Team Building and Motivational Skills.
• Worked on software’s like Gemini, Siebel, TGB and Columbus Explorer.
• Analytical, Planning and Organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a pressured environment and deadline oriented with a passion to achieve excellence in my work.
• Dedication and drive as a hard-working individual with great emphasis on values and ethics.
Nice and flexible hours but it can also be a downfall
Medical Consultant and liaison (Current Employee), FranceJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: felxible hours
Cons: no well paid, and takes too long for reimbursment
Nothing to say about specifics about the company; when you receive a request to work it may be a good project but the negative part is they would need it ASAP. As mentioned before the down part is they request your service quickly but their turn around on their pay is not good at all. It takes them 6 weeks to pay you.
Good management with the right attitude. Lots of potential for growth
Test Lead (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 3, 2015
Cons: not highly paod
Good management with the right attitude. Lots of potential for growth
First experience with big company
Production Coordinator - Team Lead (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 7, 2014
The experience were good first Indian MNC company.
Were able to interact with various team management.
Well organized company.
Good support from team members and higher management.
Working with big teams and achieving the same goal.
Team always organized month team party.
Very productive, challenging and fun place filled with activities
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: shift timings
It gives me immense pleasure to give my review about Lionbridge Technology, a localization company which helped me to learn project management skills. I started off with the role of Project Coordinator and started extending my forte in project management. My responsibilities involved project initiation, planning, customer handling, query management, team handling, budgeting, forecasting, quoting, revenue recognition, monitoring and controlling. Everyday was filled with challenging projects, tight schedules and a very good team to work with, which i loved the most.Three years in this company gave me lots of opportunities to show off my talent and innovative ideas. My senior managers were more than happy with the results. An additional responsibility of training activities were given to me wherein I managed an entire training cycle of an employee. Lionbridge Technology also gave me an opportunity to achieve Lean six Sigma Yellow belt after 3 weeks of training and coursework.
Funny job
Internet Assessor (Current Employee), HoustonNovember 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: the working time might not be stable
The working schedule is pretty flexible. You can choose whenever you feel right to work on the questions. There is a discussion group of the colleagues and they are all interesting people. I really enjoy this job.
Authoring and entertainment
Aerospace Technical Author (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: flexible timing to come to office
Cons: less pay
My day normally starts off (at work) at 9:30 AM where i find my colleague busy generating report of their work-orders , i greet everyone with a smile and continue with my work.

My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. I have leaned to work on Arbor Text Editor, got knowledge about STE and S1000D.

Management is queit average , they are not understaing the needs of staffs

My Co-Workers are really good they had given me good knowledge about the work and they are really friendly.

The hardest part of the job is while i get reworks from the external reviewers because of source data change where i need to re-start my work from begining

The most enjoyable part of the job when i get good feedback from the management and from my Team Lead
Flexibility to work from home
Internet Crowd Worker (Former Employee), MAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor pay structure
This was a flexible job, with flexible hours and Work from home
Group of enthusiastic Learners
Senior Executive - Human Resources (Current Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 19, 2014
I've got the opportunity to work both as a recruiter and a trainer.
I loved my job as I had utilized most of the opportunities to interact with my employees.