Lionbridge Technologies

Lionbridge Technologies Employee Reviews

Work At Home: The Real Deal
Image Assessor (Current Employee) –  HomeFebruary 1, 2016
I have been working with Lionbridge for over a year now. The pay on a monthly basis, on time, and accurately track your time worked. Since I am a contracted worker, I do not have access to their benefits, and cannot speak to them. I am contacted on a weekly basis with audits and feedback on my performance, which is great. Working at home takes a certain discipline, though the freedom it grants is wonderful.

Currently, I am not able to get full-time hours; but to be fair, I can see putting forty hours in as a real challenge, since the work can tiring, mentally.
Pros
Set your own hours, work at home, pays on time
Cons
Part-time (Max of 20 hours per week) Lack of schedule may be challenging for some.
Good place to work, but not a career job.
Tester Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORNovember 19, 2015
Contract workers at another company's site. Great shift managers, and co-workers. Upper management cares more about the numbers of product put out for the contractor each month then the employees' welfare.
Pros
Discounts at nearby fast food locations.
Cons
No benefits at time of employment.
My tenure here at Lionbridge
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
Working for Lionbridge was the most challenging job that I have had to date. Building a business within a larger corporation, while performing a specific service for that company, is very complex.
Overall the management is spread thin, which makes working for them stressful at times. There are many professionals within the company, but after five years with the company I cannot find the proper work life balance.
Pros
challenging, advancement opportunity
Cons
improperly managed, no communication, no increase in salary
working with contractor for HP was ok
operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 25, 2015
-clean all machines, tools entire of work area and parts that are going to be assembled.
-working on proto type parts always looking for problems in different areas of the part and correct also.
-all management people worked for HP at one time came back to work for Lionbridge.Attitudes among former HP employees having to get a lower pay affected all other co-workers attitude about the company no pay raises and benefits to operators.
-I never worked for HP but when it came to get help from the management they didn't care.
-hearing the storys about how good it was when co-workers was working for HP.
-I learned a lot from the engineers, they enjoyed having me assist them through problems.
Pros
always good to work to help a company like HP
Cons
management problems, company does not like to help them
Not bad for a short while
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 26, 2016
This place is great for a short while between jobs. But the upper management does not know what they are doing. The company at this location are falling apart and demoralized. The Weekend shift is a mess, the swing shift and day shift do most of the work. The leads do their best to try and keep things positive for the operators but are limited.
Pros
Fitness Center, Cafeteria
Cons
Strict breaks
Fixed Pay, No Progression, Glorified Agency
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  UKMarch 11, 2015
After working at Lionbridge I can only offer my experience;

Fixed Pay, the standard salary is not bad to be fair however with no career progression or financial bonuses based on performance, this can feel very like a 'dead end' job.

Vague job description, almost all employees I have met are all contracted under the same job title despite vastly different roles, some of which far exceed the stated role profile.

After working for Agencies in the past, Lionbridge certainly has that atmosphere of disposable employees and the lack of career prospects. On top of this, they have strict rules with regards to using in-house systems to record daily tasks & time taken per task as well as recording own working hours. With a zero tollerance view to people unable to record hours (I was demanded to record my absence hours on their internet based system while I was absent from work after being hospitalised, with the threat of disciplinary action if this was not completed by my standard finishing time I must add)

Lionbridge is a poor company to work for, however, for a stop-gap or an experience builder, the roles available are quite suitable for a moderate wage.
Pros
moderate salary
Cons
poor in-house hr systems, poor communication, non-existant management
Don't work for this company.
General QA (Technician I) (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 18, 2014
Lionbridge is the bottom of the barrel. Very unprofessional, very hard to get ahead and has trouble following California laws regarding employment.

Work can be regular or it can be spotty. Most of the people there are not interested in advancing their lives (i.e. they are the second income in their household.) The jobs themselves are easy. What is not easy is the management and the incompetence and the inconsistencies of people put in managerial positions.

For me the most enjoyable part of this job was quitting. Its an employer of dead end jobs.

I did learn about how to do Quality Assurance testing and how to utilize ancient databases that are spotty and confusing at times. If your expectations are about as low as they go, this is the place for you!
Pros
easy work, easy money at times
Cons
some of the most common-sense-challenged people you will meet, work isn't always steady, fulltime only, no raises
Needs more Vision
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 22, 2016
not good management
growth is impossible
compensation is prehistoric
does not recognize talent
expects too much by giving little
no clear lines of communications between management
ill prepared
Good
Localization Engineer, (GLT) (Current Employee) –  Navi Mumbai, MaharashtraApril 26, 2016
Good working environment
Flexible working hours
Good support from team members
Overall best company for freshers.
Management is queit average , they are not understaing the needs of staffs
Nice people
SOFTWARE TESTER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 9, 2016
It is a very quiet work environment. The working hours are great. In order to work there, you must like computer entries and maneuver easily on different platforms..
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No windows in Lab
Productive work place
Technical Author (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduFebruary 20, 2016
Good working environment. Team building activities. Giving good and project oriented training. Flexible working hours. Less work pressure.
Lionbridge Bangalore
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaFebruary 9, 2016
I have been working for 5 years now and i feel i am working in a Govt office rather than a corporate environment. I think this explains all.
garphics
graphic designer (Former Employee) –  airoliOctober 19, 2015
its a good company.elearning process at airoli. Us based company.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pros
5 working days
Cons
long hrs
Lionbridge was a great stepping stone
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 7, 2015
The basic QA priciples and methodologies were learned and enhanced throughout my time here. The team is fairly small but works very well together within the QA department.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Constant power struggle from the upper managment
Excellent for learning Environment
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHDecember 20, 2015
Excellent for learning newer technologies by your own.
Task allocation is need to be improve properly.
Overall best company for freshers.
Good work, but perhaps managment and staff training too much to overcome
Sr Logistics Engineer (Tech Writer) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2016
Skip this one. Its a quagmire. Company willing to take shortcuts and forgo real role up your sleeves engineering analysis. Trivializes efforts. Bad mindset, willingness to overlook actual, helpful engineering analyses. Yup, just get the job done. If the client wants updates, they'll contract for more work. Kind of a disservice for the client, and professionalism.
Could be a good company. Work is genuine and good, if you can separate it from staff and management. Major efforts supports JSF. Work not hard, if you do it on your own. Unknown if client really wants LSAR backing into Tech Pubs, or at least a certain amount of engineering. You'll have to figure that one on your own. It just might be that there's too much to overcome, even if very knowledgeable. Teaching both engineering and LSAR/Logistics is almost insurmountable. Management would have to be hands-off, letting you do the job.

Good intentioned people and eager, but you can't get there from here. Third Tier Employer for Logistics & LSAR. Young staff, untrained, short on engineering experience which makes training more than a challenge. Local management ignoring that not helpful, they listen, but don't. They think they know the effort, but things fall short when trying to explain inherent database difficulties and trainees have to be willing to do they heavy lifting, studying, working on examples. and eagerness isn't a substitute for mechanical & electronics
Company has Logistics staff at sister location. Some help, but they too won't get involved with overbearing local upper manager. One down the road on mediocrity,
  more... hard to turn back. Good intentioned, but forgetful of roots as Vets
Upper manager in Indy is a tough cookie, somehow well meaning. Some sister company management knowledgeable of LSAR, but micromanages efforts.
Pros
Small company, nice atmosphere, free coffee, people are genuinely nice
Cons
Local upper manager gets in way of work, management underplays staff short on formal training and education
The testing on technology was interesting and exciting
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 18, 2013
I would certainly work for Lionbridge again.

It was interesting to be able to test technology as a third party company. I learned quite a bit about currently technology on the several specific projects I worked on with Lionbridge.

I became a specialist for Accessibility testing on technology using DNS (Dragon Naturally Speaking), JAWS, Microsoft Ease of Access tools of High Contrast Black, High Contrast White, Magnifier and Narrator.

I enjoyed the management and my co-workers. Th environment was professional and aggressive but every one communicated expectations and goals. It was a positive environment to work at Lionbridge. I was laid off due to lack of projects within the office but certainly keep in touch with Lionbridge management on any up coming projects.
Pros
the opprotunity to learn and increase skill base, the management and people working there, the fast pace and aggressive deadlines that we were always able to meet for our clients.
Cons
i am a flex pool employee - so when there are projects that end or not any new projects coming in, the flex pool employees are laid off. also i did not have any benefits such as vacation pay, and insurance
Fun workplace.
DTP operator. (Former Employee) –  Mumbai,Powai.February 10, 2013
My time at lionbridge was good. I did lots of mistakes there and i have decided to rectify it when i am working with other companies. It was a very learning experience as this was my first job and i assure that i will take that experience in future for productivity of company.
Pros
salary was always on time.
Cons
i didnt like canteen facility there.
Great Workplace
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 19, 2012
I come to work and do my job with little hassle from management.
I have learned a lot about network storage and server applications.
Pros
hours our very flexible, take breaks when needed, work gives you great expirence
Cons
no benifits
Good Managed Services Comapny
Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2015
My manager was one of the best I have worked for and all the other managed services people at my facility were great. The managers were good about keeping you informed of any changes and was very supportive.
Pros
Provides a nice Mexican lunch every year
Cons
Its a managed service company