Lionbridge Technologies

Lionbridge Technologies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best at what they do
Sales Representative (Former Employee), MAJune 18, 2014
Pros: exciting industry
Cons: high pressure
Lionbridge is the best in the field at what they do. You will feel that from working there. Be ready to be a self starter though as leadership tries to be hands off and give employees flexibility and responsibility. If you cant exceed expectations continually, work somewhere else.
Friendly and engaging online network
Language expert (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMay 28, 2014
This job is quite good for those who work part-time from home and is a good opportunity to learn or practice skills in computer programming and linguistics. My colleagues are friendly and helpful and very understanding of competing demands on my time. The main caveat is that hours are unpredictable, and it can be a tricky exercise in time management – more... when you have committed to other jobs and are suddenly given a task requiring 20 hours due the following week! Ideal for anyone who does not have too many other commitments and demands on time. – less
A conducive work environment with tremendous learning opportunities
Documentation Lead (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 24, 2014
An organisation which encourages employees to work independently and prove their potential by providing them the right environment and work opportunities, which includes the latest technologies and challenging work.
Work from home role
Internet Analyst (Former Employee), HuddersfieldMay 7, 2014
Pros: home based
Cons: poor management and sometimes no work
The role involved analysing results of search engines, websites and webpages. I also had to attend regular webinar sessions and follow strict guidelines.

The hardest part of the job for me was that the work sometimes didn't come through until late evening so would have to work during the early hours of the morning.

The most enjoyable part however – more... was that it was home-based and that allowed me to do everything from the comfort of my own home – less
hard working crew
TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMay 3, 2014
Pros: good technology
Cons: poor upper managment
I loved the team of people I supervised, but the upper management is very disorganized which saddens me.
productive and fun workplace
Documentation Engineer (Technical Author) (Former Employee), chennaiApril 28, 2014
Pros: maximun support recieved
Lionbridge is a very good company that teaches us in every aspect.
Writer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNApril 23, 2014
I worked as Instructional Designer. Created technical courses for Skillsoft. I was also a reviewer and a trainer.
Productive and fun place to work at
Tester 1 (Current Employee), Vancouver, WaApril 17, 2014
Most people who work here have a smile on their face, Each day is a new challenge with an opportunity to show your skills working with technology.
The management rocks at getting things done and making their employees happy!
The hardest part of the job is working with printers that just don't want to cooperate.
Poor pay
Technical Author (Former Employee), DerbyApril 17, 2014
Pros: free tea and coffee
Cons: no pay rises
Be careful when you negotiate your pay package here. As with any other company they will try to get you as cheaply as possible but there is a catch. You will not receive a pay rise once you start work here. Some have worked for 5 years without a rise. Most though leave long before then. This is a shame because there are good people to work with, the – more... work is interesting and management are okay but they rely on their profits by getting you cheaply. New staff can negotiate more than current workers. Just hold out for the higher rate. – less
No 1 Company in Localization
Senior Collection Executive (Current Employee), MumbaiApril 13, 2014
Lionbridge Technologies, is the No. 1 Organization in Localization.
Good for freshers.
Localization Engineer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHFebruary 21, 2014
Management is good.Their friendly environment.However their is no growth.
Learned a lot along with enjoyment
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 30, 2014
Good environment to work and learn. Nice co-workers.

Get to work on various technologies.
Nice and enjoyable working culture
Associate (Former Employee), MumbaiJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: was good start to penetrate the workplace culture
Cons: promoting individual for personal or professional goals were not followed
Day starts and end with routine scheduled task
Had good learning experience to understand and sink into working culture
Ok
Internet Assessor (Current Employee), work from homeDecember 10, 2013
Pro: Make your own schedule
Con: Boring work, not always enough hours for require time
work can be hard for minimum pay
Test Operator (Current Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 8, 2013
Pros: 4x10hr days
Cons: no benefits, can be sent home any day, low pay, management shows no caring.
The work can vary significantly, sometimes easy and slow and sometimes very hectic and difficult.
Good work place
Technical Writer/Author- Rolls Royce Engines (Current Employee), ChennaiNovember 21, 2013
Pros: good work culture
Cons: benefits
Good work place, nice management.
there is lot of things to learn
positive atmosphere with an eager to help supervisor
Global Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Waltham, MANovember 20, 2013
You get a lot of self autonomy as an intern. I've learned Sales Force and done a lot of cold calling and emailing.
The testing on technology was interesting and exciting
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Boise, IDNovember 18, 2013
Pros: the opprotunity to learn and increase skill base, the management and people working there, the fast pace and aggressive deadlines that we were always able to meet for our clients.
Cons: i am a flex pool employee - so when there are projects that end or not any new projects coming in, the flex pool employees are laid off. also i did not have any benefits such as vacation pay, and insurance
I would certainly work for Lionbridge again.

It was interesting to be able to test technology as a third party company. I learned quite a bit about currently technology on the several specific projects I worked on with Lionbridge.

I became a specialist for Accessibility testing on technology using DNS (Dragon Naturally Speaking), JAWS, Microsoft Ease – more... of Access tools of High Contrast Black, High Contrast White, Magnifier and Narrator.

I enjoyed the management and my co-workers. Th environment was professional and aggressive but every one communicated expectations and goals. It was a positive environment to work at Lionbridge. I was laid off due to lack of projects within the office but certainly keep in touch with Lionbridge management on any up coming projects. – less
They need to get it together.
Operator 1 (Current Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 15, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: working little hours with no notice.
I work as a contractor for this company. They did not tell me when I started working that the position they offered was considered full time but you can be sent home. I have not worked an entire 40 hours a week since starting there.
Flexible working hours with professionallism
Sr. System Analyst, Work Profile (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 28, 2013
General Shift timing with flexi hours
I learned a lot about people management, project management and the other facts and guide lines of management.
Management is very professional with personal values.
Co- workers are very good and always ready to help.
Working under good management is fun.

About Lionbridge Technologies

Lionbridge Technologies wants to be king of the jungle at bridging the language gap. The company offers translation (or localization) – Read more