Lintex is currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Specialist to evaluate and test new and modified web applications.
Duration: September 1, 2014 to February 27, 2015 (130 Days)
Location: Ottawa, ON
- NOTE: Required to work off-site most of the time due to facilities shortage (approx. 80% off-site) but works on-site to use Client facilities when needed and to meet with staff. When working offsite, resource must provide laptop/desktop, telephone, and network facilities with sufficient availability, power and bandwidth for efficient access to City staff and facilities (e.g. VPN, GotoMeeting/Webex meetings, etc.).
The Quality Assurance Analyst is required to:
1. Perform all functional, security, performance, and accessibility testing of the new applications and web services related to ongoing enterprise projects RMS Migration to BIMS, BIMS Upgrade and BIMS Operations Renewal.
2. Perform load testing related to the project listed above.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in web application software and/or program testing.
- Working knowledge of Oracle/SQL – to the extent that is required to generate test scripts.
- The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable and experienced with the following:
- Test case/script development (at least 3 years)
- Test planning and implementation (at least 3 years)
- Test automation toolsets (at least 3 years) which must include:
o Rational Functional Tester (RFT)
- Bug tracking applications (at least 3 years)
- Knowledge of testing web applications built on UNIX platform (Solaris 10/11) and Microsoft Windows (2003/2008) operating systems (mandatory)
- Testing Java applications (at least three (3) years)
- Testing .NET applications (at least three (3) years)
- Testing databases and data for correctness using SQL scripts (Oracle Database) (at least three (3) years)
- Experience testing web services (at least 1 year)
- Knowledge and experience with Cenzic (now Trustwave) Hailstorm (a clear asset)
- Knowledge and experience with Soap UI Pro
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to minute detail required
- Experience working on a geographically distributed project team.
- Experience working on a project using an Agile development methodology
Responsible for the following deliverables:
1. Test Strategy and Plan for applications
2. Test Procedures documentation for applications
3. Test Results documentation for modified applications and forms
4. Performance testing plans and results documentation
5. Load testing plans and load testing results documentation
6. Maintenance of automated testing scripts for new payment services architecture and the applications using it
7. Documentation on the test scripts including instructions for their maintenance
8. Training materials for City developers and their project managers
Terms of Reference:
- Works with Project Managers for the above listed projects to develop, track and achieve project objectives and deliverables
- Writes, revises and verifies quality standards, test plans and test procedures to ascertain the quality of programs/software and third-party products
- Reviews new or modified programs, including documentation, diagrams and flow charts, to determine if they will perform according to business requirements and that they conform to corporate guidelines
- Create computer guided instructions to test programs for validity of results, accuracy, reliability and conformance to established standards and business requirements
- Actively observes computer screen during tests to detect error codes or interruption of programs and corrects errors. Identifies differences between established standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards
- Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers
- Reviews application generated logs to identify program-processing errors
- Sets up tests to locate and correct program-operating errors following the installation of a program
- Conducts compatibility test with vendor-provided programs
- Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing and correction methods and processes
- Documents software bugs, test results, QA process, and procedures using provided tools
- May develop utility programs to test, track and verify defects in software program
- May write programs to create new procedures or modify existing test procedures
- May train software program users
Indeed - 8 months ago
For over 40 years, Lintex Global Staffing has been delivering technologically advanced information technology consultants. Our recruiters...